• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loaded up MCC, took about four minutes to find 5 players then took 3v3 for 'good enough'. Game starts and I and others are skipping all over the screen. Nades come out a second late, shots are half registering. Players quit. I quit. The game is turned off.

I don't want this Xbox. I don't want this game. By the time it's 'fixed' and there's ranks and sensible playlist formations, it'll be far too late. The population has already been decimated judging by the latest sales figures and friends list activity decline. At this point I just want my money back for the xbox and the game. Other than estate agents fees, I've never felt more conned in my life.

In isolation, the ODST and Relic peace offerings are relatively grand gestures. Problem is, I hardly play the campaigns that are available in the MCC now so my mileage will be low with ODST, while H2A Relic isn't going to be enough to see a repopulation. Really, I don't give a shit about those two. All I want is functioning MM on dedicated servers with ranks in more than one playlist. You know, the things they promised to us in the run up to release.

jem0208

Loaded up MCC, took about four minutes to find 5 players then took 3v3 for 'good enough'. Game starts and I and others are skipping all over the screen. Nades come out a second late, shots are half registering. Players quit. I quit. The game is turned off.

I don't want this Xbox. I don't want this game. By the time it's 'fixed' and there's ranks and sensible playlist formations, it'll be far too late. The population has already been decimated judging by the latest sales figures and friends list activity decline. At this point I just want my money back for the xbox and the game. Other than estate agents fees, I've never felt more conned in my life.

In isolation, the ODST and Relic peace offerings are relatively grand gestures. Problem is, I hardly play the campaigns that are available in the MCC now so my mileage will be low with ODST, while H2A Relic isn't going to be enough to see a repopulation. Really, I don't give a shit about those two. All I want is functioning MM on dedicated servers with ranks in more than one playlist. You know, the things they promised to us in the run up to release.

Did you really buy the X1 purely for the MCC?

What's up with Gravity Lifts? Players can get the high ground and they don't even have to lower their weapon? That's no trade off at all. Halo should modernize and switch to military style ladders where you have to holster your weapon to climb. Then players would have the opportunity to make more meaningful choices.
I think I might know who this is. Possibly an alt account.

Welfare

TriHard, are you trying to get banned? Someone else posted nothing but random thoughts and was banned.

Should have been more specific.

Can you tell me what games are run and gun shooters excluding Halo? That's not a term I ever used to describe it.
Pretty sure UT and Quake fit the description.

I got my 1th perfection in H2A today! :D

ggCWcGTl.jpg

Felt good.

RBK

Banned
So I'm guessing Arena and Run and Gun shooters are one in the same?

Am I missing something here? COD is what I would call a run and gun shooter. This Run or Gun term is new to me.

Am I missing something here? COD is what I would call a run and gun shooter. This Run or Gun term is new to me.

If you have to stop moving and go prone to achieve maximum accuracy from your weapon, it is not a Run-and-Gun shooter.

Tawpgun

MCC being a dud was a goddamn tragedy. I'm holding on to it for the occasional awesome game... But fuck... I get sad/angry whenever I remember the hype before and what it became.

It's about needing to be able to move and shoot at the same time that makes a game a run AND gun shooter as opposed to a run OR gun shooter. For me, H5 is still very much a game about moving and shooting at the same time, but for others sprint introduces the dichotomy.

Pretty sure a lot of people did, myself included. Hell I even sold my Sunset Overdrive code within an hour of getting my bundle home. Bought it solely for MCC as did like 5 of my friends, cousins etc.

Shouldn't have sold the code, man.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Bought an XB1 for Halo and Sunset Overdrive.

The ONLY reason I still own it (and it's in my closet) is for the like 10 free games I have yet to play from the Gamestop promo last summer. And I guess a sliver of hope for H5.

I still can't get over what a colossal failure MCC is. By the time it's totally fixed, the population's going to be even smaller. This is the only industry where shit like this is acceptable.

tootsi666

No, arena and run and gun isn't the same. Run and gun just means you can move at max speed and fire at max accuracy at the same time. Many games just happen to be both.

CoD is definitely run or gun shooter.

What Bam said. The One is a shoddy console in itself. Friends list and party chat are cumbersome, laggy and take an age to load compared to the 360. Upload studio frequently renders my videos with out of sync audio. Half the time using the upload clip editor, I'll splice clips together, wait another age for it to 'upload' then it'll give an error message ('try again later') and the whole thing has been a waste of time. The pad is objectively worse because the bumpers have a shorter surface area to click on, so I have to hold the right stick at a weird angle. Twitch App is a chore. Just feels like not much really works with the console in general.

^^ sounds pretty bitter but it's just a shame because the 360 was a very functional console and MS did online gaming relatively blemish free last gen. Halo games were always polished to a very high standard.

Bought an XB1 for Halo and Sunset Overdrive.

The ONLY reason I still own it (and it's in my closet) is for the like 10 free games I have yet to play from the Gamestop promo last summer. And I guess a sliver of hope for H5.

I still can't get over what a colossal failure MCC is. By the time it's totally fixed, the population's going to be even smaller. This is the only industry where shit like this is acceptable.

lXUfxNH.jpg

Ghazi

I did, too. I trusted 343 with a game that was enough to have me buy a $400 Console (without Kinect) and now I'm going to miss Bloodborne and a slew of other Playstation exclusives for a couple of years because I considered MCC above them. Now I get to play neither MCC or the exclusives I'm going to miss. I feel his pain.

Akai__

What Bam said. The One is a shoddy console in itself. Friends list and party chat are cumbersome, laggy and take an age to load compared to the 360. Upload studio frequently renders my videos with out of sync audio. Half the time using the upload clip editor, I'll splice clips together, wait another age for it to 'upload' then it'll give an error message ('try again later') and the whole thing has been a waste of time. The pad is objectively worse because the bumpers have a shorter surface area to click on, so I have to hold the right stick at a weird angle. Twitch App is a chore. Just feels like not much really works with the console in general.

^^ sounds pretty bitter but it's just a shame because the 360 was a very functional console and MS did online gaming relatively blemish free last gen. Halo games were always polished to a very high standard.

So many step backwards and nobody knows why. It's a damn shame, that's for sure.

Grain of salt (since I added most of my friends list in the furor around the MCC launch), but it's beating the hell out of the rest of everything else in the activity section I see on xbox.com. 113 of the people on my list played it in the last 30 days, as opposed to 50 on the next highest (Destiny, if you're curious).

The state of the MCC when it launched was a disaster, and not really excusable, but I don't think the collection is doomed, not over the long term. You'll see a lot of people come back for the Halo 5 beta, and I think that most of them will come back to the MCC when its over.

RBK

Banned
Well the H5 beta sparked my interest to get back into Halo with MCC no matter how broken it is, just hope they don't take those 3 weeks off from fixing the game.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

More like people that were actually happy to have real Halo back.

If the launch hadn't been fucked for multi there would still be nearly that many on MCC daily.

Well the H5 beta sparked my interest to get back into Halo with MCC no matter how broken it is, just hope they don't take those 3 weeks off from fixing the game.

Separate teams yadayada

I'm not really worried about MCC population wise. Halo games have always had a healthy pop, even Halo 4 and it was the least played. Sure, it'll probably never truly recover for the abysmal launch, but I'll be playing it until Halo 5 hits next year. Maybe even beyond that, depending on how H5 turns out.

Madness

I did, too. I trusted 343 with a game that was enough to have me buy a $400 Console (without Kinect) and now I'm going to miss Bloodborne and a slew of other Playstation exclusives for a couple of years because I considered MCC above them. Now I get to play neither MCC or the exclusives I'm going to miss. I feel his pain.

No Street Fighter V either. Such a shame.

@Poodle, I did rebuy Sunset later. Just saying that I bought the bundle for MCC itself. For almost 13 days after l got it, it just sat unused waiting for MCC launch.

RBK

Banned
More like people that were actually happy to have real Halo back.

If the launch hadn't been fucked for multi there would still be nearly that many on MCC daily.

I think you're holding too much into this franchise.

Still a big fan as it's my favorite gaming franchise, but it's heyday is long gone.

No Street Fighter V either. Such a shame.

@Poodle, I did rebuy Sunset later. Just saying that I bought the bundle for MCC itself. For almost 13 days after l got it, it just sat unused waiting for MCC launch.

Well, there's that at least.

And yeah, like Welfare said, KI is one hell of a fighter, though I'm truly awful at it XD

Ramirez

You're essentially saying is that it felt more like Halo in relation to other shooters. Otherwise, TO ME, it didn't really feel like I was playing a Halo like how Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 2 Anniversary are. I'll agree with you, Halo 5 feels more like Halo than Destiny or Call of Duty does. Inversely, Halo 5 feels more like Call of Duty than Halo 2 Anniversary does,so there is that.

Halo 5 to me felt like a real sequel to Halo 3. The abilities flow with the combat about the same as the equipment did. It never won games, but could turn the tide of a few battles every match.

I'm not comparing it to CoD or Destiny, the game felt like Halo, a lot closer to Halo than Reach or 4 ever sniffed, IMO.

90% of a match is spent Sprinting and ADSing. How does that feel like Halo? Give me a break.

I felt like Combat had finally Evolved again, ya know? Just so good. If we could get that percentage up closer to 99%, we might have the first perfect game on our hands.

CeeSaw

Guys, this game has finally broken me. I just now realized it has been more than a month and this game is still barely functional. And it is not like when they fix the MM issues that everything is all fine and dandy. There are problems all over the board. My friends and I were so excited to see Halo back into the "mainstream". Now I just hope in three months when ranked is fixed and playlists are restored there is a decent population playing.

There's still lingering issues from Xmas shenanigans, so don't expect things to be back at 100% yet. I just hope the H5 Beta goes off without major issues.

CliQ

Well these antibioics are really helping and I feel a lot better. I'm not going to officially announce it tonight but I'm going to try and get a BG CTF game going because it's my favorites.

I'll send out the message on XBL in a sec.

Well these antibioics are really helping and I feel a lot better. I'm not going to officially announce it tonight but I'm going to try and get a BG CTF game going because it's my favorites.

I'll send out the message on XBL in a sec.

Glad to see you're recovering :]

Tawpgun

You loved it. We'll have a conversation about vehicles.

I loved the first 10 minutes.

And whenever there was a push for the flag which didnt happen often.

More vehicles might help idk. I may or may not join, but for future reference, I'd prefer the games have a time limit and play multiple variations.

I'd also be down for customs mini games... if those even exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom