• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliQ

I loved the first 10 minutes.

And whenever there was a push for the flag which didnt happen often.

More vehicles might help idk. I may or may not join, but for future reference, I'd prefer the games have a time limit and play multiple variations.

I'd also be down for customs mini games... if those even exist.

We need you on that battlefield! Come play tonight in celebration of the halo 5 beta starting in a few days.

Ramirez

Have they fixed Halo 3 Forge yet?

nZpB6Sq.gif

DJ Gunner

What Bam said. The One is a shoddy console in itself. Friends list and party chat are cumbersome, laggy and take an age to load compared to the 360. Upload studio frequently renders my videos with out of sync audio. Half the time using the upload clip editor, I'll splice clips together, wait another age for it to 'upload' then it'll give an error message ('try again later') and the whole thing has been a waste of time. The pad is objectively worse because the bumpers have a shorter surface area to click on, so I have to hold the right stick at a weird angle. Twitch App is a chore. Just feels like not much really works with the console in general.

^^ sounds pretty bitter but it's just a shame because the 360 was a very functional console and MS did online gaming relatively blemish free last gen. Halo games were always polished to a very high standard.

This, this, this. I also bought this console just for MCC. Picked up Horizon 2 also, and while that is a fantastic game, I'm strongly considering picking up the 360 version as well just to be able to play it while listening to my own music. The design choices in the One are so far beyond baffling when compared to the smooth simplicity and versatility of the 360. I truly despise the machine.

The halo 3 lag is terrible. I can now find halo 2 aniversiry matches on a consistent bases.

Replaying all the campaigns reassures me that Halo 3 has the best campaign.

Tawpgun

I still had a lot of fun in those games....

but...

I think I'm just over CE. Maybe its because I never fully played it on the OG xbox. But it plays completley differently on consoles than it did when I played it extensively on PC.

I think the pistol just melts people too easy. In PC you had to account for the ping, as annoying as that might sound, knowing where to put your reticle was a skill in PC. And that skill gap was huge. I remember being in 16 player full vehicle blood gulch matches and getting top score while never touching a vehicle. You felt like a God. Vehicles and weapons like the rocket and fuel rod were considered "noob" things in Halo PC because if you were good enough, the pistol and nades could get you out of any situation.

I just get frustrated at how quick the kill times are, even when just getting body shots, and the terrible spawns, movement, and spam of nuclear nades. I feel like strafe is almost meaningless. I got more big plays from Halo 2 than I did from Halo CE.

Maybe im just a babby with a babby opinion. But I find 2 and 3 more fun than CE.

CliQ

Between the attacks on Xbox live and the latest patch to mcc it's made the simplest things undoable. I guess I'll just watch Netflix on my iPad and go to bed. Thanks for what games we played tonight.

Mix

Same. I do okay in Halo 3 but get consistently donged in H2A like I'm some kind of... scrub. H5 gave me H3 feels in a weird way. I want it back.

Halo 5 feels weirdly like Halo CE mixed with Halo 3 but with the competitiveness of Halo 2. I loved it.

Was here to post that TryHard was a Randy alt, but you boys have gotten to the bottom of it, proud of you all catching up.

Figures too, the only two accounts who I've ignored are the same person.

Impala26

Was here to post that TryHard was a Randy alt, but you boys have gotten to the bottom of it, proud of you all catching up.

Guys

You broke TryHard

I'm just glad this shit came to a head today. The vast majority of my ire from HaloGAF over the last couple weeks have been his posts. Dude sounded like a cartoon robot overloading or glitching out with the levels of moronic today...

...And I was sure to keep my distance, lol.

CyReN

Had a feeling, he started spamming our forums with his crap then pulled the victim card like everything else he does after the ban.

-------
Pretty excited to play Halo 5 again, just cut sprint/flinch/smart-scope and the game is 95% fixed.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I agree but the same can be said about any other Halo. Just replace Pistol with BR/DMR.

Yeah, I was just being a smart ass.

------

Think there will be changes since the early-beta, or will it be the same for the main-beta?

IHaveIce

Banned
This throwdown has shown me that the game is more broken than it was last time. Can't hear anyone. Gonna restart the game and see what happens.
That is a problem across all games on the Xbox One. It is like the console sometimes mutes all for everyone because of NAT status or stuff Had this already happening in TF and Battlefield

jem0208

What Bam said. The One is a shoddy console in itself. Friends list and party chat are cumbersome, laggy and take an age to load compared to the 360. Upload studio frequently renders my videos with out of sync audio. Half the time using the upload clip editor, I'll splice clips together, wait another age for it to 'upload' then it'll give an error message ('try again later') and the whole thing has been a waste of time. The pad is objectively worse because the bumpers have a shorter surface area to click on, so I have to hold the right stick at a weird angle. Twitch App is a chore. Just feels like not much really works with the console in general.

^^ sounds pretty bitter but it's just a shame because the 360 was a very functional console and MS did online gaming relatively blemish free last gen. Halo games were always polished to a very high standard.
Huh, I completely disagree about the console (the X1 controller is far better than it's 360 counterpart) but oh well.

Akai__

What are those rumours about a 2nd (Big Team) Beta in 2015? I heard people chatting about it in the MCC game chat some days ago, but I forgot to mention it.

Was it even remotely teased?

What are those rumours about a 2nd (Big Team) Beta in 2015? I heard people chatting about it in the MCC game chat some days ago, but I forgot to mention it.

Was it even remotely teased?

it has been something mostly hoped for. no real teases have happened for it. It would make sense though since something like BTB isn't geared for hard core competitive game play, and btb is a huge casual draw. So using that as the demo beta closer to launch would actually be smart to hype the game up.

Had a feeling, he started spamming our forums with his crap then pulled the victim card like everything else he does after the ban.

-------
Pretty excited to play Halo 5 again, just cut sprint/flinch/smart-scope and the game is 95% fixed.
I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him, luckily his style of posting is so disjointed and spam-like it's easy to spot and neutralize.

I'm also really excited to play Halo 5 again, just please for the love of all that is good and holy, take out flinch, its just a random variable that makes the game more frustrating to play.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok so the MCC works pretty well for me matchmaking wise nowadays, it matches me fast, most of the time on even teams and without lag.

BUT here are the biggest problems for moe of the game, that weren't addressed so far:
-Gametypes, we had this already, there are so dumb combinations in so many playlists. (Why the hell is Stonetown in ranked)
-the ranking system, is it even on? I get matched across the board of numbers, If I win 2 games in a row and don't rank up from 9 to 10 but lose one and go down to 7, I'm not so sure it works like intended, 2 days ago I ranked down after winning a match.
- Quitters, I know it is a tough problem and it is the community who is at fault, but damn quitters, afk' dudes and betryals are in Halo like in no other game, why can't we do something against this.

Oh yeah and the game is still going strong with resetting my campaign checkpoints.

Fuchsdh

Eh. UNSC ships have always been Standard Human Spaceships. The new ones are a lot more visually interesting, tho.

Honestly, claiming that Forerunner structures should look weathered has always been a little bit amusing for me. These guys have mastered time and space, but y'all don't think they can come up with a long-lasting polish? C'mon, now.
Going back and replaying Halo 3 the Ark seems bizarrely shiny and clean but old with random water damage all over (you think the Forerunners were insured for black mold?)

My complaints with the Forerunner stuff in 4 was it lost the repetitious geometric patterns that made things feel Forerunnery to me. In this respect H2A does a much better job updating the look while keeping it recognizable.

Akai__

it has been something mostly hoped for. no real teases have happened for it. It would make sense though since something like BTB isn't geared for hard core competitive game play, and btb is a huge casual draw. So using that as the demo beta closer to launch would actually be smart to hype the game up.

So nothing but rumours and wishes. Thanks.

Well thanks to Microsoft of arbitrarily (it seems) limiting download speeds from Xbox Live it's going to take approximately 100+ hours to download the MCC. Even though I have a 50Mbps download speed (which can be saturated + some more using other services).

Bleh.

Downloads are way faster, if your console is in instant on mode aka sleep mode. But yeah, the current download times are really bad and I ended up downloading MCC like 2 1/2 times.

willow ve

Well thanks to Microsoft of arbitrarily (it seems) limiting download speeds from Xbox Live it's going to take approximately 100+ hours to download the MCC. Even though I have a 50Mbps download speed (which can be saturated + some more using other services).

Bleh.

So how do I unlock achievements which I already should have unlocked? I got all Halo 4 terminals, finished the campaign on Heroic and did neither get any of those achievements.

Lazaro

So how do I unlock achievements which I already should have unlocked? I got all Halo 4 terminals, finished the campaign on Heroic and did neither get any of those achievements.

Are you connected to Xbox Live? The Xbox needs an internet connection to unlock achievements. They should unlock the second you're back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom