• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

So how do I unlock achievements which I already should have unlocked? I got all Halo 4 terminals, finished the campaign on Heroic and did neither get any of those achievements.

I did the par-score for Composer 3 days ago and it still says "Unlocking". Something is wrong with the achievement app, I guess. Terrible idea making achievements only work, while you are online...

---

I haven't had uneven teams since the last patch and I just got matched 5vs3 on Construct BR's. I was obviously on the team with 3 people... Nope.

Worth mentioning, that the lobby said 4vs4 with the color coded nameplates.

-Ryn

Banned
Welp... it makes me sad to realize we will probably never have Elites in multiplayer again. With stuff like the Spartan callouts, I doubt 343 intends to record them for Elites. Plus all the abilities.

*BatmanForeverThumbsUp.gif*
lol
.jpg

I'm just glad this shit came to a head today. The vast majority of my ire from HaloGAF over the last couple weeks have been his posts. Dude sounded like a cartoon robot overloading or glitching out with the levels of moronic today...

...And I was sure to keep my distance, lol.
He started out seeming like a well intentioned ( if not a tad extreme) Halo fan who had trouble understanding concepts like trade off and having a middle ground. I think the ultimate turning point was the Rock Paper Scissors incident.

abadguy

Banned
Played a very good game of CTF on Avalanche today. I forgot how much i liked that map. Halo is so good when you are playing with a team that actually knows what they are doing, and actually works as a team and nobody quits mid match. Fucking beautiful i tell you...

Blueblur1

Yeah, if only. Playing 4vs2 on Narrows right now and I'm again on the team with 2 people...

Why isn't there a real match history page on Halo Waypoint? Come on...

MCC Waypoint support is terribad. I couldn't believe how simple it was when I saw it. I expected support equal to Halo 4 at least.

dwells

Halo 3's BR is just the worst weapon ever, it's so unsatisfying to use.

I got two games in a row btw! Halo is saved.
I don't know if it's the lack of hitscan or what, but it instills no confidence when you use it. Like I'm never sure if I really connected or if more than a single round in the burst connected. Everything just "feels" weird in Halo 3 - the aiming, movement, shooting. It all feels awkward and "slippery."

Maybe Halo 3 has higher input lag or something, because I always feel less connected than I do in Halo 2.

jem0208

I don't know if it's the lack of hitscan or what, but it instills no confidence when you use it. Like I'm never sure if I really connected or if more than a single round in the burst connected. Everything just "feels" weird in Halo 3 - the aiming, movement, shooting. It all feels awkward and "slippery."

Maybe Halo 3 has higher input lag or something, because I always feel less connected than I do in Halo 2.

I agree completely, I love the game but it has some definite problems. I think having weapon hitmarkers would help the BR substantially. Sometimes I'm shooting someone and I have no idea whether it's me or my teammate hitting the enemy...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Randy?

cXw1R6O.jpg

Chitown B

I miss the Halo 3 Bungie stats page. :(

agreed. That was the very best.

Halo 3's BR is just the worst weapon ever, it's so unsatisfying to use.

I got two games in a row btw! Halo is saved.

seriously? I think it's way more satisfying to use than the H2 one since you need to use some skill to lead your shots and sweep the head for the spread. H2 is just "if you are aiming at a person, all shots hit". I love the H3 BR. Spent years perfecting it.

So can we preload the H5 beta now? It's 10AM PST

Akai__

agreed. That was the very best.

seriously? I think it's way more satisfying to use than the H2 one since you need to use some skill to lead your shots and sweep the head for the spread. H2 is just "if you are aiming at a person, all shots hit". I love the H3 BR. Spent years perfecting it.

I feel the same way. Leading your shots was always better and I think it requires a little more skill, even if it's minimal. You also can't kill people in longer distances that easy. Gametypes like SWAT play million times better with the Halo 3 BR, than with a hitscan rifle where you would trade kills non-stop and where the bullet magnetism is over the top.

Halo 3 BR > Any other BR

Haruko

When does the preload go up?

Someone on reddit claims this works:

"People!! To start downloading the halo 5 guardians beta you have to go to halo channel and go to the Halo Nightfall Rewards section. You have to have watched the episodes. If you haven't skip through them. Click on play halo next to one of the halo 5 unlocks and it will send you to the halo 5 beta download page. Thank me later :)"

Trying it myself now...

Someone on reddit claims this works:

Trying it myself now...

I don't really understand what the "Halo Nightfall Rewards section" is. I've already watched all the episodes. Under the "Play Halo" tab I just see MCC and Spartan Strike. Under "Halo Nightfall" I only see episodes.

I don't really understand what the "Halo Nightfall Rewards section" is. I've already watched all the episodes. Under the "Play Halo" tab I just see MCC and Spartan Strike.

Start watching one of the episodes. Hit any button to bring up the video options. Hit X when it appears on screen and says "Explore". Move over to the Halo Nightfall Armor. Hit "Play Halo".

DeadNames

Banned
Oh no, we need to watch nightfall?

Fuck then. When I tried to watch it it kept telling me to "Buy Halo" or something like that. Am I screwed out of the beta?!

Computer

I would not download H5 that way. It is the old Beta. I just tried it and it went to the H5 main menu because I have the old beta. There is a 7gb update that it did not ask me to download. If you do it that way you will probably have to download the update as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom