• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
So when I try to watch Nightfall it tells me I need to "Buy Halo".

Am I screwed out of playing the beta or...

new page had to repost.

So when I try to watch Nightfall it tells me I need to "Buy Halo".

Am I screwed out of playing the beta or...

new page had to repost.

If you've got the MCC, you should be able to play in the Beta. Can't imagine the nightfall workaround is the intended way of getting it :p

Oh shit.

I never redeemed it :'(

Well I guess you're fucked then!
Kidding

Naw man, you'll be fine. I'm sure this weird workaround is not the way we are supposed to receive it. If you really want to start preloading this instant go find your code, otherwise I'm sure they'll fix this mess soon.

Page 343! Everybody post the weirdest MCC bug you've seen!

Mine was trying to get into last week's Throwdown, where the party kept splitting up and getting smaller and smaller as more and more people were booted into new lobbies.

DeadNames

Banned
Page 343! Everybody post the weirdest MCC bug you've seen!

Mine was trying to get into last week's Throwdown, where the party kept splitting up and getting smaller and smaller as more and more people were booted into new lobbies.

My achievements for beating some levels haven't shown up.

That's really it for weird bugs. Everything else has just been slow lol.

Will my xbox one auodownlaod this if it's on sleeping and not power saving and download updates while sleeping is on? I'm in Orlando far away from my Xbone rip

Karl2177

Technically every gametype can be 5v5 so I'm not sure what you're asking. Team sizes in Halo 2 were normall 4v4 unless it was big team. What's wrong with 5v5?

Just because 343i can get away with making CE Doubles into 3v3, doesn't mean you can get away with making Head to Head a 5v5. Think again, bud.

Madness

Because Blood Line is in the playlist, it's stupid.

I thought it's because of Stonetown? Bloodline is only in BTB I think. Haven't had a single match on it in H2A playlist yet.

I have this funny bug where the game I paid full price for seven weeks ago is still a total disaster, but the developer and parent company are still ignoring the scale of the issues.

It's pretty hilarious.

I don't think they're ignoring it. I'm dying to know what happened, but I don't think they'll talk about it until it's all fixed, or as fixed as they can make it. What can Frank or someone else really say that they haven't said the past few weeks.

I have this funny bug where the game I paid full price for seven weeks ago is still a total disaster, but the developer and parent company are still ignoring the scale of the issues.

It's pretty hilarious.

Cold.

Wonder if MCC is gonna be left to rot in favor of the Halo 5 hype train.

They'll probably give their guys a little time off (haven't they been working more or less constantly since launch?), but they'll probably keep updating it.

willow ve

It's pretty hilarious.

Finished a match - game got stuck on the post match carnage report. No option to hit "B" to exit report. Had to reboot the entire system.

Madness

That's a given. MCC sales are done. At best, they can get a second wind with some sales after Christmas. Maybe be put into a new bundle/SKU.

They're eventually going to decide to cut their losses, their partners basically have nothing further to do with the game (ODST port/Relic H2A aside). In 11 months they're launching H5. At best you're going to have just the sustain/matchmaking team stay with MCC, rotating playlists, looking at bugs, etc. It's going to be full steam ahead with h5 once the ODST download comes, and MCC will be left in rear view mirror, will be chalked up as a learning experience, won't happen again, we're sorry, just like Gears 2.

The fact that the MCC is gonna be ignored by the majority of potential customers (and even owners) is just tremendously sad. Halo was THE video game in the console race for so many years.

Playing customs with friends has reignited that brilliant spark of energy and fun but I'm just sad that it's only compelled the majority of users for a couple weeks because it's so broken.

Clearly the answer is to make the MCC F2P.

The base game would have one campaign mission from each game, and all the maps available in customs.

You can pay to unlock all MP maps at once for use in for MM, and each campaign can be purchased separately. Forge, profile, and armor customization would be three separate payments as well.

EDIT: Instead of an MM pass, you could just buy playlists.

Blueblur1

The state the game launched in, the state it is in now and the Halo 5 Beta hype is probably going to hurt the population of MCC. I wouldn't be surprised if post-December 19th buyers start trading in their copies as soon as the H5 beta is over.

GrizzNKev

Banned
When I was playing H2A coop today, firing the Sentinel Beam would cause a second beam to appear going diagonally from the center of my view to the top left corner.

TheOddOne

the dude not named wahrer that was making weird disembodied megaposts about game design and suggesting "improvements" with omnidirectional gravity paraglider vector jukes and other stuff like that
Homer-Walks-Into-Bar-and-Leaves.gif

GrizzNKev

Banned
I've been trying to play Halo almost every day so I'm not super rusty when I start playing tomorrow. I didn't play enough matches to be placed in a division during the preview beta thing, so I don't know if I'm any good. I'm terrified of being bad, and it being obvious how bad I am.

I've been trying to play Halo almost every day so I'm not super rusty when I start playing tomorrow. I didn't play enough matches to be placed in a division during the preview beta thing, so I don't know if I'm any good. I'm terrified of being bad, and it being obvious how bad I am.

Don't worry, you'll do fine. I suspect a lot of people are going to be rusty, plus you'll have a whole crop of people who have to unlearn their old skills.

Madness

As of the early access, all I know is that Biggy, Ram and Tawp all hit pro rank. Menke said because of low playerbase, most were being ranked Pro, when it should only be 200 best players in the world. But let's see if it holds up in wide beta, with possibly hundreds of thousands playing.

Would be crazy if we actually get people here be Pro/Semi-Pro in the wider launch. I think the top two groups comprise only 2% of all Halo players.

Akai__

The ranking system reminds me of LoL and SC2 all the time. I mean Joshua Menke worked on the SC2 one, so it really isn't surprising. Even the Pro ranking is just the Grand Master league from SC2 in disguise. Only change is that it isn't top 200 per region, but world-wide.

As long as it matches people according to skill and doesn't let people cheat, everything will be fine from a competetive view.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I propose we change the name of the ranks to fish to make the system easier to understand.

Shark
Whale Shark
Barracuda
Piranha
Bass
Trout
Cod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom