• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

So GAF, I just bought an Xbone and I am told the Halo 5 beta starts tomorrow. My googling is returning an unreliable mish-mash. How do I get into the beta? Do I need to buy the MCC? Because I'd rather not.

So GAF, I just bought an Xbone and I am told the Halo 5 beta starts tomorrow. My googling is returning an unreliable mish-mash. How do I get into the beta? Do I need to buy the MCC? Because I'd rather not.
coDlo3D.png

seems pretty clear to me.

Madness

I do wish with Spartan Rank (SR-42 etc.) the XP based leveling and ranks utilized the emblems of Halo 3 and Reach as well, ie. Major, Colonel, Brigadier, General, Field Marshal etc.

//ARCANUM

For the first time in a while I can't get a game going. Tried multiple playlists, isn't getting past players found. Am I alone on this or are others affected?

Ramirez

Quitting has always been a major issue in Halo, most kids have no competitive spirit and quit out the second they start losing.

Maybe ranks can alleviate it, I dunno. Didn't see many people quit in the beta, but it was early access to a new game.

Computer

I feel like everyone I play in H2A is a pro. I can't even get my rank past 12. This is embarrassing. It has to be one on the hardest Halo's to consistently win games.

Madness

Quitting has always been a major issue in Halo, most kids have no competitive spirit and quit out the second they start losing.

Maybe ranks can alleviate it, I dunno. Didn't see many people quit in the beta, but it was early access to a new game.

There is no penalty to quitting, no ranks, and people don't have the patience anymore. If it's not the map the wanted, the game, the gametype, they're quitting. I think other games have also contributed to this. It's never mattered in Call of Duty if you quit or rejoined.

If you were forced to wait 8 minutes for the match your quit out of to end, or you got a rank loss, people would think twice.

I do wish with Spartan Rank (SR-42 etc.) the XP based leveling and ranks utilized the emblems of Halo 3 and Reach as well, ie. Major, Colonel, Brigadier, General, Field Marshal etc.

I really liked Reach's cR system, it was fun unlocking all the armor and armor effects, the skilled based ranking system was ass though (arena was terrible). I'd like to have both an xp system and skilled based ranks.

Played a game of Team BRs on Warlord. One minute in, 3 people from the opposing team quit due to a score of 6-5.

Wtf?

I'm thinking it's more of the game then people actually quitting. My last game was a 5v5 when it first started up, when we actually got into the game it was a 3v1. I know there are a lot of quiiters, but I believe a lot of players are getting kicked or dc unintentionally.

Ramirez

I almost beat a pro team while carrying Tawpgun. What was you K/D against the same pro team? No worries though, made extra space for you in my backpack for tomorrow. Packed a pb&j for you too.

Thx for the avatar.

But Greenskull shit on you.

We have a special tier where Havok exists all by his lonesome for losing to Major Nelson.

I think I'm going to have to pass on the beta. I still have data caps (lol Verizon), so I'm really having a hard time justifying something this large and only getting to play it temporary. T_T

jem0208

Just sitting on the main menu for the beta is great. Wonder if there's a story reason for the glitching sky
it probably just looks cool.

Lore wise, I assume it's the simulation aspect of the Infinity? Are they still going with the whole "Multiplayer is a training simulation" thing?

Can anyone get into any matches in mcc? I'm searching solo and wont go last searching for players

I've been getting into a few today surprisingly.

I think I'm going to have to pass on the beta. I still have data caps (lol Verizon), so I'm really having a hard time justifying something this large and only getting to play it temporary. T_T

Honestly, it's almost the end of the month; if you've got the data now, you might as well use it.

Data caps in almost 2015

That's what happens when you live out in a rural area! I have three choices for internet. Dial up, satellite, and Verizon's 4G.

Dial up is obviously a no. Satellite doesn't have any caps, however the latency makes online gaming impossible. So Verizon is pretty much my only option. I can't really complain though, my speeds and ping (50ms on average) are really decent considering it's 4G.

Kibbles

I live near Milwaukee and all we got is Uverse which is capped and Roadrunner which is shit internet shared with your whole neighborhood :( Save us Google

RBK

Banned
Was playing One Flag on Stonetown before the game ended randomly after some random lag spike.

At least I finally got my MVP achievement.

Any timetables to when the dedicated servers are implemented, if ever? Would help this game out a ton.

Deception

I thought it was ~20 GB? I know it was originally 10 GB, but I've been seeing people talk about an 8 GB update on the forum.
8gb update only if you had the preview beta downloaded, if it's your first time downloading the beta is only 10.2 GB.

Edit: 10.26 GB according to the Xbox store.

Madness

Oh, that's not that bad. I'll do it! I'll just pay the overcharge fees if I happen to go over this month. Halo is worth it.
Hopefully

The most fun I've ever had with Halo has always been beta periods, and launch day, launch week, launch month. Maybe the one or two days after a map launch or something like Bungie Day. You should definitely download and enjoy. Especially because all of us are poor MCC owners dying for a stable experience and will be playing.

willow ve

Was playing One Flag on Stonetown before the game ended randomly after some random lag spike.

At least I finally got my MVP achievement.

Any timetables to when the dedicated servers are implemented, if ever? Would help this game out a ton.

Yeah - no kidding. Laggy games might feel like old Halo, but we were promised better than this.

Also - damn glitch again. Game completes. Post game carnage report pops up. There is NO WAY to get out of this screen. You can bring up options, you can check your roster, but there is NO "push B to go back" - what the fuck? It hangs on that screen for 2-5 minutes and then allows you to hit B.

Impala26

The most fun I've ever had with Halo has always been beta periods, and launch day, launch week, launch month. Maybe the one or two days after a map launch or something like Bungie Day. You should definitely download and enjoy. Especially because all of us are poor MCC owners dying for a stable experience and will be playing.

Halo 3 and Reach Betas were some fantastic experiences to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom