• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampoc

Neo Member
I'm so hyped right now that I felt like changing my avatar from my comic-thingy one to my one now. Took a while, had to skin the spartan from this.

I'm ready.

Tawpgun

Point is

We lost to greenskull and major nelson so there needs to be some serious redemption come real beta.

Let's not blame whoever on alleged negbombs
vfQ8O46.png

Madness

Greenskull has been playing Halo 5 more than most though. After first week it will be indicator of how we all do. Though it sucks going in randomly and getting paired with horrendous players who go 1-15.

Madness

Yeah I got 17 hours as well. Maybe xbox clock just shows 9 am because that's what 343 told MS. But it won't open till 9AM PST time since they're near Seattle WA.

FeD.nL

I have 8 hours here, probably a script mistake? Since in 8 hours its 10 in the morning over here perhaps the site countdown timer just looks at your local time and not the time that the beta is supposed to go up?

jem0208

Probably is just incorrectly pointing to 10am local time...

Why don't people use the correct GMT time? Clearly superior considering everything else are just deviations from it.

Juan

I have 8 hours here, probably a script mistake? Since in 8 hours its 10 in the morning over here perhaps the site countdown timer just looks at your local time and not the time that the beta is supposed to go up?

Let me guess. You're in France or UK? If so, that's normal. Beta will be live around 9am in our countries.

Tawpgun

No radar would be pretty interesting. It's a much faster game and my ironman thrusters would put in some work.

I think they should do it. It would put spartan chatter to the test. Maybe if not for a week for a day or 2 in a special playlist.

That game type looks great but I hope it's more than just slayer one day. Round based, one life, objective games could be a lot of fun.

The only game I have ever seen a one life, round based, objective game work is Counter Strike. With their current paintball map structure, it just simply wouldn't work IMO.

Perhaps an assualt game type with an instant bomb fuse so you could risk running it to the other side and touching the plant site. It would have to work differently though, where the bomb holder could switch to the primary weapon.

That game type looks great but I hope it's more than just slayer one day. Round based, one life, objective games could be a lot of fun.

Yeah, though I question how well it'd work with a high-mobility game like H5 (as opposed to a Countersrike-esque tactical shooter). Proof is in the pudding, I suppose. Hope we can set up Breakout games in Forge.

CliQ

Yeah, though I question how well it'd work with a high-mobility game like H5 (as opposed to a Countersrike-esque tactical shooter). Proof is in the pudding, I suppose. Hope we can set up Breakout games in Forge.

Yeah I mean it wouldn't be like counterstrike and I don't think they should try and make it like that. Maybe a unique objective game that's made for Halo 5s breakout. Not sure what that would be yet.

Impala26

I don't like that distinction being made. It just discourages newer players from playing that playlist despite no radar being good for all players.

I don't disagree. It's just the name that's been used for "no motion tracker" since Reach. Me and my buddies growing up almost always played without motion tracker. I'm of the opinion that it DEFINITELY leads to better and more interesting plays and games overall.

I always thought motion tracker was a convention for matchmaking and people who weren't required to communicate.

Remember everyone, remember how important it is to bridge that gap between what we see in Matchmaking and what we see from eSports and other competitive scenes.

Now consider how motion tracker will never be a part of any of those scenes.

Cow

No motion tracker would be far better, especially now that the spartans call out automatically. Really hope 343 seriously considers this.

Launched the halo 5 beta through the MCC extra section. Immediately played the rest of the new H2A cinematic with Locke and the arbiter. Arbiter asked if John is a friend or foe and Locke said he has gone AWOL and intends to find out why.

Weird it played that. It suddenly cut off, as there was orchestral music playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom