• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No motion tracker would be far better, especially now that the spartans call out automatically. Really hope 343 seriously considers this.

better chance of sprint being removed than motion tracker in most ranked playlists

aka vincemcmahonthemesong.mp4

CliQ

Spartan chatter should be the replacement f morin trackers. It's a much more balanced "ability" then just having a red dot pointing out where someone is.

Madness

I would seriously not be surprised if BTB or whatever the non-Arena mode is has Loadouts and customization up the wazoo.

Almost a guarantee. They've worded carefully that they wanted to maintain an arena and competitive focus. The other shoe will drop soon. If they're giving us ground and pound, wall climbing, hover, slide, charge, thrust, imagine what they're doing for vehicles or other modes. I can easily see Loadouts, perks, ordnance returning for Infinity Multi-player or something.

we know how it plays with the (assumingly) default scope/sight. I just really don't want weapon customization in Halo...

Aaaah, yeah. Possible.

Not sure how I'd feel about it, honestly. I do like weapon customization, but I like (need) even starts in my Halo. I'd be fine with cosmetic customization but anything that could give an advantage...

Mix

Also, I'm curious as to the division of responsibility for Halo and say this website with the timer on it. I know it's hosted by xbox.com directly, but did their team build it or did 343's do it? Not really that important, just interesting.

When does the beta go live again? Do I need to download anything else? I was in the one last week

You should be up to date; try and launch the beta, if it needs to be updated it'll let you know.

As for when exactly, that's... a little confusing, lol. They started off saying 9AM pacific world wide, but now the xbox.com timer seems to be saying 10AM everywhere.

Welfare

Almost a guarantee. They've worded carefully that they wanted to maintain an arena and competitive focus. The other shoe will drop soon. If they're giving us ground and pound, wall climbing, hover, slide, charge, thrust, imagine what they're doing for vehicles or other modes. I can easily see Loadouts, perks, ordnance returning for Infinity Multi-player or something.

And I hope that mode crash and burns pop wise. I would never want to touch BTB again if that were the case, unless they offer a Classic BTB.

Stuck on "PLAYERS FOUND..." in the H2A playlist.

#48days

Exactly as you remember it.

Omni

You should be up to date; try and launch the beta, if it needs to be updated it'll let you know.

As for when exactly, that's... a little confusing, lol. They started off saying 9AM pacific world wide, but now the xbox.com timer seems to be saying 10AM everywhere.

Hmm. Alright, thanks!

RowdyReverb

That game type looks great but I hope it's more than just slayer one day. Round based, one life, objective games could be a lot of fun.
Wouldn't this end up being the same as usual Breakout except the last team standing completes an objective after the other team is all dead?
The only way I could see objective working with one life would be if it was quicker to complete the objective than just wipe out the other team, like some sort of race-style game.

CliQ

Wouldn't this end up being the same as usual Breakout except the last team standing completes an objective after the other team is all dead?
The only way I could see objective working with one life would be if it was quicker to complete the objective than just wipe out the other team, like some sort of race-style game.

Not sure if you've ever seen shootmania but maybe a gametype like that. There are three defenders guarding a "flag" and all the other team has to do is grab it. Something like that could work.

Could just be down to the lighting difference. I think our first look at him he seemed bronze because of the sunlight.

Def the lighting.

Q2pM9km.png

Cow

Just played 3 games of MCC.

Game 1: 3v3 Standoff BRs, starts 3v2
Game 2: 3v3 Lockout BRs, everything worked.
Game 3: 3v3 Turf BRs, starts 4v2.

can't believe uneven starts are still happening 6-7 weeks in. Good connection in all 3 games though.

HTupolev

Holy shit. I'm playing MCC right now and... they re-broke it with the last patch? It was starting to look vaguely like a functioning product, and now it's a total wreck again. I've only managed to get into one game tonight, and seen multiple party split-ups, a load failure, and a whole bunch of searching, with a few nine-out-of-eight-players mixed in for good measure.

I just want to play Halo :/

Just played 3 games of MCC.

Game 1: 3v3 Standoff BRs, starts 3v2
Game 2: 3v3 Lockout BRs, everything worked.
Game 3: 3v3 Turf BRs, starts 4v2.

can't believe uneven starts are still happening 6-7 weeks in. Good connection in all 3 games though.

You're fortunate enough to actually get any games. I have tried for the last three days (2 to 3 times a day) and haven't gotten in one.

Cow

You're fortunate enough to actually get any games. I have tried for the last three days (2 to 3 times a day) and haven't gotten in one.

This is just ridiculous now. I honestly don't care about an ODST remake or relic remake. This game just needs to work as intended already...

RBK

Banned
This is just ridiculous now. I honestly don't care about an ODST remake or relic remake. This game just needs to work as intended already...

I'm with you.

Honestly disappointed with the "compensation" for this game's failures. Really isn't enough, but what else can they do? Shocked enough to see people satisfied with it when the game is still in the dumps.

Finally got a game of Oddball on H2A, was excited to play something other than Slayer. Nobody on my team ever tries for the ball and they all end up quitting.

Computron

Holy shit. I'm playing MCC right now and... they re-broke it with the last patch? It was starting to look vaguely like a functioning product, and now it's a total wreck again. I've only managed to get into one game tonight, and seen multiple party split-ups, a load failure, and a whole bunch of searching, with a few nine-out-of-eight-players mixed in for good measure.

I just want to play Halo :/

yea i've had the same experience and feel the same way.

I don't understand the MCC ranking system at all, I thought it was similar to H2, but it doesn't feel like it. I'm up to rank 20, and I only deranked once. I've even gone on horrible losing streaks and nothing has happen. It feels like I'll make it to 50 as long as I just keep playing.

Is it only winning that matters or does this system also factor in performance?

-Ryn

Banned
To those of you worried about 343 dropping support (fixing) for the MCC, they won't.

Frankie outright said they will not stop until it is working and that dedicated servers would work eventually as well. Just a reminder since I saw some comments earlier worried about it.

No furries thx
Fursonas tho

Welfare

To those of you worried about 343 dropping support (fixing) for the MCC, they won't.

Frankie outright said they will not stop until it is working and that dedicated servers would work eventually as well. Just a reminder since I saw some comments earlier worried about it.

"Working"

That means very little. Does this mean fixes to just multi, bug fixes to campaign saves, Halo 3 forge getting fixed, every other bug this game should not have?

-Ryn

Banned
"Working"

That means very little. Does this mean fixes to just multi, bug fixes to campaign saves, Halo 3 forge getting fixed, every other bug this game should not have?
Well he said "acceptable" quality and he said the MCC so that would encompass the entire game.

Played H2A matchmaking for the first time since after launch...finding a game seems ok now (still a bit slow). The games themselves are horribly laggy though. Real fun when my grenades show up 4 seconds after I throw them.

And did they seriously patch out the connection bars on the scoreboard?

jem0208

Not sure if you've ever seen shootmania but maybe a gametype like that. There are three defenders guarding a "flag" and all the other team has to do is grab it. Something like that could work.

Yes! That mode is absolutely fantastic in Shootmania!

Shootmania itself is also absolutely incredible. Shame about the population...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom