• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

Sounds like season pass again... ugh Microsoft. Maybe it just means armor/emblems like Recon or something, but the "Spartan Combat" bit makes me think maps.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-halo-5-preorder-and-beta?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I want to think they mean something simple, like maps or weapon/armour skins.

On the other hand, we already know 343 have the audacity to release "perks" in the Halo 4 map packs that enhanced "Spartan combat", so...

Fuck. Why can't they just say maps?!

Sephzilla

I don't think it'll have that exactly but I do think they will have something. I am waiting to see what that is.

Who knows it may be great. I just don't think the "arena style" will be across the board.

I'm probably being a tad overly pessimistic but I have a feeling 343 is hiding a good chunk of stuff that they'll probably unveil closer to release after a bunch of the preorders are already made. Kind of like how killcams and loadouts were unknown in H2A multi until not long before launch.

EvB

On the other hand, we already know 343 have the audacity to release "perks" in the Halo 4 map packs that enhanced "Spartan combat", so...

Armour Pieces, that's my guess. They maybe haven't decided exactly what it is

DeadNames

Banned
So uh, how do I preload the beta? The Halo 5 Guardians thing on the MCC menu is greyed off.

Edit: without doing the nightfall route, mind you

belushy

Banned

I don't want it to be maps :'(

So uh, how do I preload the beta? The Halo 5 Guardians thing on the MCC menu is greyed off.

Edit: without doing the nightfall route, mind you

I think one of the big options that's getting overlooked by a lot of people is going into the MCC Master Launcher -> Extras -> Halo 5: Guardians Beta. I just got done watching Nightfall last night, after that I went into MCC, loaded it no problem.

DeadNames

Banned
I think one of the big options that's getting overlooked by a lot of people is going into the MCC Master Launcher -> Extras -> Halo 5: Guardians Beta. I just got done watching Nightfall last night, after that I went into MCC, loaded it no problem.

Yeah I just did that.

10 gigs. Yikes. Hopefully it can be done by 1:15 EST...

:(

It would be pretty cool of 343 to have "Enhanced Spartan Combat" just mean a timed exclusive set of Breakout / Forge maps / map remixes that all made up a hopper or two on launch where the Legendary Edition players would get to iron out the kinks and then the playlists could be made public after a while. Wouldn't detract from the overall experience, lets players that like Halo 5 Guardians (or Halo in general, rather) so much they're willing to spend a Black Friday XBO's worth of cash on it to play in what amounts to stress-testing on some of the maps that came to fruition later in the game's development.

Hell, I'd even be cool with "enhanced Spartan Combat" meaning Skulls or an extra Campaign mission or two.

Maybe a remastered campaign mission from ODST, Reach, or H3. Don't put story-related stuff behind a paywall.

I mean stuff superfluous to the main story. Think pre-ordering Halo 3 and getting to play a Halo: Uprising-era mission where Chief's working his way through the Forerunner Dreadnought.

VinFTW

My rank dropped from Semi-Pro to Onyx since the preview beta?

Uh... Okay.

W/e, fuck it, Beta's live and I'm in.

LETS DO THIS.

I should have started the download earlier, only at 45%. I'm assuming it's going to be like this though, so no rush.

code-11.gif

VinFTW

Played my first game back, wen't 22-2.

I missed it so much. Won't be playing TOO much this week as I have family stuff, but I can't wait till week 2 and 3.

To maintain your rank between sessions you have to be a hit with ladies/fellas.

Noble is a recruit.

:( </3

To maintain your rank between sessions you have to be a hit with ladies/fellas.

Noble is a recruit.

I just went through Halo Nightfall last night and had two questions, dunno if you could answer them or not.

1) Do run-of-the-mill Lekgolo have a sense of electroreception the way the "mutants" on the destroyed Alpha Halo fragment do?

2) Were the "mutant" Lekgolo on the ring fragment introduced at some point after Alpha Halo's destruction, or did they survive the Autumn's detonation?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I just went through Halo Nightfall last night and had two questions, dunno if you could answer them or not.

1) Do run-of-the-mill Lekgolo have a sense of electroreception the way the "mutants" on the destroyed Alpha Halo fragment do?

2) Were the "mutant" Lekgolo on the ring fragment introduced at some point after Alpha Halo's destruction, or did they survive the Autumn's detonation?

1. Yes although in other environments they rely on hormones and subsonics too. they are in their own way technologically literate, but this is a deprecated subspecies (or mutation/regression) and so alien to us (and even to the Covenant) that the anthropological comparison is almost moot. However, since the blasted Halo fragment is exposed to brutal extremes of gravity, atmosphere and temperature, it might be a more natural representation of their original environment. They might even be comfortable. We were trying to give a hint of the flavor of the first Coevnant interactions with the species.

2. The ring and the Lekgolo have both existed for a lot longer than the last few years...

Very curious in how much more we will be getting in the halo 5 LE compared to Halo 3 or Reach's LE. I loved the mc helmet and noble team statue + halsey diary.

Sephzilla

2. The ring and the Lekgolo have both existed for a lot longer than the last few years...

I guess this makes me wonder why they never showed up at all during the original game then. Though I guess this could be written off as they were somewhere deep in the ring feeding off of its power supply.

VinFTW

Anyone around to party up? Ideally looking for people from Halogaf I recognize who aren't totally bad.

If you ever see me on, shoot me an invite. I was hoping to play with you bigger and/or ram as a squad of 4 one of these days (GT: Vin FTW if you don't have it).

edit: lmao frankie

Halo 5 beta?
gsp_nipple_twist.gif

Catching up, should probably address the libel going on here.

zero point one

All I will say about this is....

I brought this:

and I should have brought this:
hahahah Havok's got jokes? Guess he's not only about the top hot and monocle; he's also about the DESTRUCTION!

HaloGAF's CHAMPIONS are awesome.

loving the beta. Stabilizers seem like a really cool idea and I'm actually having to stop to recharge my shields due to how I Sprint all over the map so I think that's pretty balanced.

Also I can't seem to get more than a few sword kills before I get shot down, seems like getting up close is a little harder now.

Madness

New armor from the teaser trailer is called, "Athlon"

That's pretty good. Looks like they realized the Halo 4 armors weren't up to snuff. So far what they've shown looks to harken back to the Halo 3 and Reach style of helmets and armors a bit. No weird lines, dots or holes, but more helmet and visor style looks.

On a related note, ranks didn't reset from the early access?

Sephzilla

That's pretty good. Looks like they realized the Halo 4 armors weren't up to snuff. So far what they've shown looks to harken back to the Halo 3 and Reach style of helmets and armors a bit. No weird lines, dots or holes, but more helmet and visor style looks.

On a related note, ranks didn't reset from the early access?

thank god

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom