• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

Is it just me or does the pistol have lower aim assist than every other weapon? Feels satisfying when you get a kill with it. I also find myself hardly using sprint in any encounter, which is good. I thrust more than anything. When someone tries to escape with sprint, they fail 80% of the time. Not sure if it differs in the higher ranks, but that's my experience so far.

The RRR (red reticule range) seems to be really low, so the aim assist only kicks in st close range. I think upping it a bit would help quite a lot.

Madness

This is a perfect clip to show "flinch." It doesn't impact your reticle, just makes your Spartan shake like crazy.

I am not a fan. Is descoping not enough? Do we really need another way to throw our aiming off in the name of "balance?"

Yeah it's screen shake, not necessarily reticle. I don't like it either. Same goes for the wisps of air on the sides when you're sprinting.

Yeah it's screen shake, not necessarily reticle. I don't like it either. Same goes for the wisps of air on the sides when you're sprinting.

Idk man, I kind of like the wind blowing through my hair.

h1TtD75.gif

HTupolev

Aren't those supposed to indicate that you're ready for a charge or something? If they're going to have that mechanic, some sort of indicator would be nice.

Removing some mechanics is a reasonable option, though.

m23

Hmmm my xbox keeps saying no one is online and Halo 5 keeps giving me an error. My connection is fine, no idea what's going on.

Akai__

Is the AR/Pistol start really bad?

Can you explain in detail why you want BR starts? I was really hoping for Halo 5 to be an out of the box competitive game where we don't have to alter weapon settings just to achieve a competitive game.

The range and damage is just the worst. Makes BR's and DMR's pointless to use in mid range battles. Also, the flinch is the most annoying possible...

Doesn't help that US people are being favoured in AR battles.

jem0208

The range and damage is just the worst. Makes BR's and DMR's pointless to use in mid range battles. Also, the flinch is the most annoying possible...

Doesn't help that US people are being favoured in AR battles.
Really?

BRs and DMRs dominate at range. The AR is pretty damn good when you're in on of the rooms though.

Time to kill needs to be fast. Halo CE's time to kill is perfect, and I haven't seen it replicated since Halo CE. None of the other Halos have a fast TTK.

It looks like the TTK in Halo 5 is pretty fast, but I can't tell if it's as fast as HCE since I haven't gotten to play the beta yet.

Not intentional. Unlucky I guess?

Anyway, there is a BR on both floors of the spawn rooms. There are DMRs in the little sneaky upper parts of the spawn rooms which face towards the centre. There are also DMRs behind the wing things on the bends.

tootsi666

I'm getting matched with Silvers/Bronzes. I'm Onyx II. Shooting at helpless targets isn't fun after 1-2 minutes. Hopefully the ranking system works better in a few days.

I don't know where any of the BRs are (I have only found them on dead bodies). And every time I pick up a DMR it has no extra magazines for some reason. (Intentional?)

There is always a BR right off your initial spawn, on Truth it's right in front of you, on Empire there is one to the left of both Red and Blue spawn, though the Red one is hard to spot as it's located out of your direct sight.

Madness

An AR user, especially scoped just has the ability to beat anything up to mid. The bullets making you flinch make it hard to hip fire back with pistol, BR, DMR. The range is too much. The SMG becomes basically a power weapon while scoped. Just brutal in how quick it shreds, even more so than the SAW I think.

For the love of everything Halo please turn off the killcams or allow me to do so. I don't care who killed me or how. It's too jarring, the music starts up, you miss whether you're grenade connected, or whether your teammate cleaned up your kill.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
An AR user, especially scoped just has the ability to beat anything up to mid. The bullets making you flinch make it hard to hip fire back with pistol, BR, DMR. The range is too much. The SMG becomes basically a power weapon while scoped. Just brutal in how quick it shreds, even more so than the SAW I think.

For the love of everything Halo please turn off the killcams or allow me to do so. I don't care who killed me or how. It's too jarring, the music starts up, you miss whether you're grenade connected, or whether your teammate cleaned up your kill.

#removeflinchfromHalo5

Yup, I have a gut feeling I'm not going to enjoy this game at all. I'll give it one, two games max, if flinch is game-breaking...I'm not even going to bother wasting my time. I'd rather stay happy.

Mdot

Are most of you guys using the default layout? I'm going to play when I get home and am curious as to what you guys changed in settings, if anything.

jem0208

I haven't had much trouble against ARs at range. I also haven't really noticed flinch that much, although I haven't been looking for it.

King Leo

Neo Member
The ability to shoot after switching weapons is too long. I snipe someone to no shields then switch to my BR to finish them off, but by the time I can shoot they already thrusted around a corner or something.

This is a perfect clip to show "flinch." It doesn't impact your reticle, just makes your Spartan shake like crazy.

I am not a fan. Is descoping not enough? Do we really need another way to throw our aiming off in the name of "balance?"

Wait, it doesn't impact your reticle? But that's what flinch did in Halo 4...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOF40WBnKQU

And Halo 3 and Halo Reach, although to a lesser extent.

Does Halo 5 actually have flinch? How does it compare to 4's?

Are most of you guys using the default layout? I'm going to play when I get home and am curious as to what you guys changed in settings, if anything.

I'm hearing a lot of people use H4 and Recon, and of course the Bumper Jumper for Life crowd, but once I got the sensitivity right, default works great for me. Have to remember crouch isn't on B though :p

Madness

Using Recon now. Kind of used to it. Still have the annoying urge to sprint using stick or ADS from left trigger, but less so than before. Will also keep me on my toes for MCC. I'm over randoms for the time being. Going to wait till my friends and cousin home so we can party up and play.

jem0208

You did fine. You joining our party?
Haha, it went better than I thought it would. I did almost stick myself though :p

I tried, but I have no idea how parties work on the X1...

I have to go now anyway :s gf is calling. Can't really say I'm too busy playing Halo to talk...

That game was far more fun than I've had previously though! I'll try and join you guys another time later.

Played my first ten matches and went 5-5, and got Iron 2. I'm not that terrible, I have a 4.9 KDA and I was the top player on my team a majority of the time. T_T

However, I'm liking it so far. I've been using the Recon controls and they work well for me. The abilities seem fine too. I mostly just use thrusters and sprint. Haven't seen anyone use the ground pound well, nor the shoulder charge. It also runs extremely well and smooth, why can't MCC be like this! Sound is also amazing.

Overall I'm very pleased so far, and this is just the beta, so I can't wait to see the finished product.

Madness

Does flinch phsyically penalize your aiming?

I was just looking for it and it doesn't seem to move the reticle, but makes your screen shake quite rapidly and is very disorienting. It almost tricks your brain and eyes into thinking your shots aren't landing etc.

20ozSlayer

Neo Member
ADS actually isn't that bad except with DMR that scope obscures way too much screen. I have a hard time acquiring a target even when I see them unscoped due to their movement. AR and even BR feel pretty good when scoped in.

Freeser

Standard Edition ($60) -- Halo 5: Guardians plus an exclusive poster, only available to those who pre-order.
Limited Edition ($100) -- Everything in the Standard Edition plus new digital content to enhance Spartan combat and exclusive items wrapped in a uniquely designed steel book.
Limited Collector's Edition ($250) -- Everything in the Limited Edition as well as additional content such as a commemorative numbered statue designed by 343 Industries. More details on the design to be shared at a later date.

WTF? This better not be a combat advantage for people who buy a limited edition.

I don't know where any of the BRs are (I have only found them on dead bodies). And every time I pick up a DMR it has no extra magazines for some reason. (Intentional?)

There's 2 BRs and a DMR inside the base. One's in the middle of the floor, one's on the first floor in front of the grav lift, and the DMR is in the window.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I was just looking for it and it doesn't seem to move the reticle, but makes your screen shake quite rapidly and is very disorienting. It almost tricks your brain and eyes into thinking your shots aren't landing etc.

So it's just a screen raddle? As long as aiming isn't physically penalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom