• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwells

Gold 3 is pretty high ranked. Only the top 2 percent of players are going to make semi-pro.
I'm used to being in the 40s in H2 and multiple 50s in H3, a game I considered myself bad at. So gold feels way low.

I think it's a teammate thing. I just went positive and lost again. Teammate went 2 and 25, other two quit a little earlier and were massively negative as well. Good stuff.

Madness

Hat trick with a sniper rifle felt amazing. I really like that crunch feel when you get headsets and the medal sound for some reason.

Dub117

I'm very horrible at this game. My highest K/D in any online halo game was Reach, and it wasn't bad in 4, but I suck at this game.

Also how high do you have to be to stabilize? Can you be up, scope, then stabilize? Is everyone using auto or manual, I just need to learn how to do it.

dwells

So does this game match teams against other teams and people who search alone with other people who search alone? Or is just a grab bag?

Madness

How the heck does someone who's won 4 games and lost 17 get placed in gold with a - 2.7 KDA?

The game finally was lagging for me and I haven't been able to get a match now. Just searches for players that dwindle and then I have to guide/quit and restart.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This is why we can't have nice things.

pMxuV7t.png

And I lost rank for the loss.

jem0208

Damn, game just completely killed my Xbox. Had a weird bug, hit the dashboard button and everything started lagging. Then the xbox refused to accept any input from the controller except the dashboard button. Voice commands worked though. Don't what the fuck happened then.

RowdyReverb

I really love how each weapon truly has its own role in the sandbox. There's a feeling that your decisions matter when swapping out a weapon.

the pistol is fucking terrific at mid range. better then any other gun IMO (though outside of that range it gets dominated)
It can actually hold its own against BR at mid-close range, but not against DMR at mid-long range. Perfect fit there.

Madness

This is why we can't have nice things.

pMxuV7t.png

And I lost rank for the loss.

This is me right now. Playing with such low people. I'll win and go up 11. Then I'll lose because someone went like 4-16 etc and I go down 9, win again but this time more closely and go up only 4 for win etc. I'm not saying I'm good at this game I'm not, but I'm almost certain now I'm ranked too low for some reason.

jem0208

This is me right now. Playing with such low people. I'll win and go up 11. Then I'll lose because someone went like 4-16 etc and I go down 9, win again but this time more closely and go up only 4 for win etc. I'm not saying I'm good at this game I'm not, but I'm almost certain now I'm ranked too low for some reason.
That's kinda annoying.

Did you have some bad games in your first 10?

Tawpgun

Hat trick with a sniper rifle felt amazing. I really like that crunch feel when you get headsets and the medal sound for some reason.

Yeah, in the early footage I hated the beeps and shit. Now I kinda like them. They could probably tone it down a tad but everything sounds really satisfying.

VinFTW

Yeah, in the early footage I hated the beeps and shit. Now I kinda like them. They could probably tone it down a tad but everything sounds really satisfying.

One of the many things I loved about Killzone 2 was the introduction (for me at least) of a kill sound: The legendary chirp.

In Halo 5 I'm addicted to it. I love it, especially on the kill.

RowdyReverb

I'm very horrible at this game. My highest K/D in any online halo game was Reach, and it wasn't bad in 4, but I suck at this game.

Also how high do you have to be to stabilize? Can you be up, scope, then stabilize? Is everyone using auto or manual, I just need to learn how to do it.
I was doing poorly at first but got better as I started to play a bit more cautiously and find weapons I'm good with before going on the offensive. I'm using auto stabilize simply because I haven't gotten the hang of all the new movement controls yet and don't need another thing to worry about.

jem0208

The sound design in general is actually really fantastic. There's a lot going on but I feel like that's how it should sound. You're in a battle, it's meant to be noisy. Just walking and jumping around sounds awesome, like you're actually in 1000kg suit of armour.

Also, dat grenade clink...

dat-ass-meme-240x180.jpg

Dub117

I was doing poorly at first but got better as I started to play a bit more cautiously and find weapons I'm good with before going on the offensive. I'm using auto stabilize simply because I haven't gotten the hang of all the new movement controls yet and don't need another thing to worry about.
Cool, I'm going to give it another shot when I get off of work, this sounds like solid advice.

Ramirez

So then we're essentially back to Halo 3 AR starts with the shitty magnum?

I probably won't get to play the beta tonight after work, I have so much other crap to do with family coming in for New Years.

I will try though. I'm just starving for people's raw impressions.

No, the magnum is very close to being viable in any situation. It's shortcomings probably come from the flinch and ease of use of the autos. Oh and it's aim assist drops off pretty severely.

The magnum was my ToD in the early access and I made it to Pro rank (definitely not working properly), so it's definitely not a Halo 3 pistol.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/5a741c4c-91e6-4422-b841-cf170b4950bf

I did stuff like that pretty regularly against pretty good players. It only felt completely worthless when I went up against the actual Pros, but I don't think a BR/DMR would have been any different for me, lol.

RowdyReverb

Has anyone been brave enough to use the new Default controller scheme? I've been using Halo 4 because MP isn't really a safe place to get the hang of new controls. Maybe when the game comes out, I'll play campaign in default and get the hang of it. Aiming with LT seems like it could lend a big advantage.

Ramirez

Has anyone been brave enough to use the new Default controller scheme? I've been using Halo 4 because MP isn't really a safe place to get the hang of new controls. Maybe when the game comes out, I'll play campaign in default and get the hang of it. Aiming with LT seems like it could lend a big advantage.

How so? Maybe on larger maps, but ADS is rarely ever a necessity on these maps.

Madness

I used it the whole time during the early access beta. Got so accustomed to it, it still tough going back to recon. Still have to fight the urge to hold stick down to sprint instead of press X. But this way, I've also cut down on the mindless sprinting I would do, as well as ADS for no reason when hip fire could serve me just as good.

Ramirez

I was thinking more for the advantage with using auto weapons in CQB. I haven't been able to use smart link with those weapons simply because it's too cumbersome to do so

Autos are still really unreliable for me and my shit connection, I usually just go for the shield strip and beatdown in CQB.

Not bad at all. Though you have to get used to letting go of LT and pressing it again to rescope. COD has ruined me in that regard :p

VinFTW

Just lost 16 points because I was forced to play a 3v4 because of a quitter.

I will never in a million years purchase this game if this is a real thing come full launch.

Not only am I getting shit matches giving me AT BEST 4 points per win, I'm stuck playing down a person with people still playing qualifying matches and losing my progress that I ALREADY lost because of a glitch from the early access beta.

Get this shit fixed now, so no one ever has to be this frustrated come next fall.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just lost 16 points because I was forced to play a 3v4 because of a quitter.

I will never in a million years purchase this game if this is a real thing come full launch.

Not only am I getting shit matches giving me AT BEST 4 points per win, I'm stuck playing down a person with people still playing qualifying matches and losing my progress that I ALREADY lost because of a glitch from the early access beta.

Get this shit fixed now, so no one ever has to be this frustrated come next fall.

You're going to buy it at launch, probably the collector's edition.
gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

VinFTW

You're going to buy it at launch, probably the collector's edition.

I'll be in med-school by Halo 5 launch. It would be best if I didn't anyways... I would LOVE to get invested into another ranking system on Halo. It's what kept me playing Halo 2 for years and years.

Something needs to be figured out for quitters though.

also... yeah, I probably will :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom