• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My KDA is atrocious (hate that they factor in assists but whatever), but God am I having a ball! 4 more matches till I'm ranked. Probably Silver or Bronze, but so long as I'm not Iron :p

Tawpgun

My KDA is atrocious (hate that they factor in assists but whatever), but God am I having a ball! 4 more matches till I'm ranked. Probably Silver or Bronze, but so long as I'm not Iron :p

Why? I love that they factor in assists.

Going 9 and 10 but with 16 assists is pretty good for instance

Afk teammates. AR starts.

Can't believe I let you guys hype me for this.

Not feeling this at all on first impressions

Play with a team.

It's the law of the Halo. As old, and as true as the sky.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
As I browse various gaming forums, it looks like there's two camps already, ones that like the AR starts and others that want the BR start.

I also had a friend who doesn't really play halo describe to me that he thinks it feels like COD.

:(

Tawpgun

As I browse various gaming forums, it looks like there's two camps already, ones that like the AR starts and others that want the BR start.

I also had a friend who doesn't really play halo describe to me that he thinks it feels like COD.

play the beta, decide for yourself. Feels like Halo enhanced to me. Like classic Halo with some toys thrown in that everyone has.

Any casual player that plays a game where you press left trigger to aim and there are guns will say it feels like COD. It feels nothing like COD.

And it's all because the Magnum is not as good as it should be.

Madness

Put me in the remove motion tracker altogether camp now. Going by killcams it's so obvious they are just watching and reacting to what they see on the screen. Just wait in room for dot to come near etc.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
And it's all because the Magnum is not as good as it should be.

So then we're essentially back to Halo 3 AR starts with the shitty magnum?

I probably won't get to play the beta tonight after work, I have so much other crap to do with family coming in for New Years.

I will try though. I'm just starving for people's raw impressions.

jem0208

I probably won't get to play the beta tonight after work, I have so much other crap to do with family coming in for New Years.

The magnum is actually very good. This is funknown, of course he wants the magnum to be OP.
;)

It could do with a slight buff, increase the RRR.

Madness

For me, and this is just my opinion. I'd love the game so much more if ADS was gone, killcams, and probably sprint. That'll never happen though.

It's the best Magnum since CE, but it can't compete on any level with the other weapons. The AR dominates at range now so there's no use keeping the Magnum. The Magnum is the weapon you want to replace to pick up the BR/DMR and you still can't really defend yourself once the enemy picks up the BR/DMR. With thrusters you can easily out-maneuver the Magnum in a CQC 1v1, whereas your chances of death are greater if the enemy is using an AR.

So improvement, yes, but effective in this sandbox, not really imho.

antigoon

Just played my first two games. Was really, really fun. I like the non-midship map a lot.

I'll be on later tonight if anyone here wants to play. GT is BigSolar

willow ve

First impressions of the beta.

I use thruster constantly. As a strafe. As a way to jump into a room and quickly escape. It's in constant use like double jump in Destiny. This often leads to the unfortunate chain of sprint, thrust, ledge grab. By unfortunate I mean my character is forced into using various animations to get to the action instead of just being able to walk, jump, and always be shooting.

ADS is a core mechanic of the game. You can argue otherwise, but I feel like I'm being punished for using Recon (default Halo) controls. The automatic guns feel rather useless unless you're scoped in and that's a more difficult task to accomplish unless you use standard controls of zoom on the left trigger. I would hope they change this, but as many have already said that realistically isn't going to happen.

The ADS on the DMR is a joke right? Seriously? That's the actual graphic representation you're going with?

The BR needs the standard BR scope back. At the very least as an option.

The sniper rifle functions very differently from previous Halo games. Aiming feels very different (at least to me). For some reason it feels like the reticle doesn't move as quickly as past Halo games. This might just be me adjusting to the different sticks on the X1.

Need more maps soon.

Kill cam and Flinch (screen shake?) need to be gone. ADS should follow (but that seems much less likely)

-----

BUGS

You can't back out of the intermission screen between matches without being dumped back to the main menu. Annoying.

Guns are difficult to see at first - and sometimes impossible to see when you run over them on darker ground.

Ampoc

Neo Member
Guns are difficult to see at first - and sometimes impossible to see when you run over them on darker ground.

I liked what they did with H2A by having the little circle-thingy icon above the gun at it's spawn. I think they should put that in Halo 5.

Madness

Can I request a rank reset. Everyone I'm playing against has like massive - 8.5 KDA scores and they're just horrendous players all around. I've been the top player last 7 matches. Some people are in gold with such garbage play and stats, it makes no sense to me.

MouldyK

Played 2 matches...liked what I played, but people camping at places and looking at radar ruined it for me.

Will probably play more of it though tomorrow or across the week.

Workin my way through Onyx. Got to Onyx 2 then had a game where I went positive but we lost by 3 because one guy on my team went 3/18.... But my skill rank still went way down and put me back at Onyx 1... I can't figure it out.

But I've been absolutely donging and having a blast.

Tawpgun

Love how the rocket launcher was changed to be more realistic and to allow for the smart scope.

But the AR stayed the same.

frankerz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom