• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowdyReverb

ADS is basically useless in CQB, even for the autos. You'll just get knocked out of it.

You get descoped in CQB so it doesn't really give an advantage
Not if you see the enemy before he sees you. Idk, maybe you're right and it is ADS itself that's too cumbersome, not just the controls. That's fine though. I just don't want to feel like I'm at a disadvantage because it's harder to scope with AR or SMG

RowdyReverb

It's bugging me that I don't see medals during killcams. I want to see assist/kill medals so I know if I died in vain or not.
Guys, Halo 5 Beta

?/10
8/10. Really fun to play and could be a 9/10 upon release after some tweaks and fixes. The 720p is actually hard to get used to after crystal clear MCC. Hard to spot targets in need of a sniping. Hoping for some 343i engine magic in time for release.

dwells

Is everyone playing with teammates? With randoms it's just hugely irritating. I think I've won four games of fifteen. Can't even evaluate if the game is any good because it's so damn frustrating having every game be a blowout where my teammates go 4 and 14.

Also, really struggling to get games lately. Lots of unexpected issues with the Halo servers.

MCC was no better, played a few matches of H1 with a friend and had our party broken up at least four times and it turned a 2v2 of us and another pair into a 1v3 Wizard CTF we were all excited for. Seven weeks in and four still can't accurately be divided by two.

Sephzilla

Having fun with the beta. One complaint though...

Can we have a "normal halo" control scheme where X is reload, B is melee, right stick is scope, left stick is crouch, etc?

Is anyone else getting constantly switched to Game Chat for no reason when in a party? It ONLY happens when I play this Beta and it happens consistently every game. It's incredibly annoying when trying to talk to a friend in a party.

VinFTW

EL OH EL...

Win another game. +7...

Good thing Josh Menke left eh? :p

But seriously, the ranking system, while excellent, needs tweaking. I'm not really serious about being salty.

I don't think a Halo game should have THIS punishing of a ranking system. I get that I'm playing with bad teammates, so for what it's worth: little less punishment on losses + more reward on wins. Maybe something for consistently being #1 on your team, over and over again...

antigoon

Is anyone else getting constantly switched to Game Chat for no reason when in a party? It ONLY happens when I play this Beta and it happens consistently every game. It's incredibly annoying when trying to talk to a friend in a party.

Yeah, happened to me eariler. Was quite awkward.

Shadders

I have played five matches. Typically on a new Halo I'd be all wrapped up in that new game buzz at this point.

I'm not really feeling it. Shooting seems loose, kill cams repeatedly make it look like the guy didn't hit me (I assume this is lag, but if it's not going to be accurate, then don't include it). It just doesn't sound and feel like Halo to me.

Empire feels like it could be a cool map, but I think the colour palette should be mixed up a little to help orientate myself. I'm sure it'll get easier in time, but at the moment I think different parts of the map can look very similar.

I'm having real problems aiming, it feels like I can either make quick large movements, or really slow ones, I'm not able to move my aim around like I usually would in Halo and it feels horrible. I'm not able to track someone's movements like I usually would. Is this just me? Is it my pad? My connection? It almost feels like it's not properly analogue, as if there are only a couple of movement speeds for the reticle.

Because of that, I'm not enjoying the gunplay at all.

6/10

daedalius

Well, I think that'll do me for tonight.

Ranking system sucks. Lost by 3 kills, I was best in the game, lost 19 points! :D

You still lost though.

I have played five matches. Typically on a new Halo I'd be all wrapped up in that new game buzz at this point.

I'm not really feeling it. Shooting seems loose, kill cams repeatedly make it look like the guy didn't hit me (I assume this is lag, but if it's not going to be accurate, then don't include it). It just doesn't sound and feel like Halo to me.

Empire feels like it could be a cool map, but I think the colour palette should be mixed up a little to help orientate myself. I'm sure it'll get easier in time, but at the moment I think different parts of the map can look very similar.

I'm having real problems aiming, it feels like I can either make quick large movements, or really slow ones, I'm not able to move my aim around like I usually would in Halo and it feels horrible. I'm not able to track someone's movements like I usually would. Is this just me? Is it my pad? My connection? It almost feels like it's not properly analogue, as if there are only a couple of movement speeds for the reticle.

Because of that, I'm not enjoying the gunplay at all.

6/10

aiming feels amazing to me. Sounds like you are describing halo 3

I'm constantly in party chat when I'm playing solo. I have to switch it when I'm playing, but it never stays. No idea why. #betawoes

EL OH EL...

Win another game. +7...

Good thing Josh Menke left eh? :p

But seriously, the ranking system, while excellent, needs tweaking. I'm not really serious about being salty.

I don't think a Halo game should have THIS punishing of a ranking system. I get that I'm playing with bad teammates, so for what it's worth: little less punishment on losses + more reward on wins. Maybe something for consistently being #1 on your team, over and over again...

I like it. It pushes you to play with a similarly skilled team, which results in a better matchmaking experience.
Or you better carry hard!

jem0208

You still lost though.
Because all three of my teammates went negative. Not my fault if I'm matched with awful players. Why I should I be punished because the matchmaking kinda sucks atm.

I really don't understand why they thought making whether of not you win be the only factor which determines if you rank up or down. There's only so much a single player can do in TS. Ranking is a reflection of a player's skill, not of how lucky they are with the matchmaking.

VinFTW

I like it. It pushes you to play with a similarly skilled team, which results in a better matchmaking experience.
Or you better carry hard!

It's very hard to carry 3v4 or with people going 3-15, 1-12, etc.

I do agree though, I wish I could get together with some decent peeps from around here but people seem to be on/off a lot and have full groups. For the full game I'll play with a good team and if not I'll play BtB or coop or something, it's NBD. Just for the time being, it's frustrating.

Madness

Man got a beautiful extermination on truth. I literarily cried. How do I get this mother on video and upload it here?

Unless you DVR'ed it right away, you can't. That's why now right away I press guide twice and X if I do something good. Though the OS is a slow piece of shit and often times screws up.

Because all three of my teammates went negative. Not my fault if I'm matched with awful players. Why I should I be punished because the matchmaking kinda sucks atm.

I really don't understand why they thought making whether of not you win be the only factor which determines if you rank up or down. There's only so much a single player can do in TS. Ranking is a reflection of a player's skill, not of how lucky they are with the matchmaking.

Because it's team slayer. The whole point is to win for your team.

Let's propose a hypothetical player with superhuman reflexes, aim, and awareness. They go 25-0, every game. But, on the other hand, they don't help control the map.

At all.

As such, the entire rest of their team is consistently slaughtered. All together, they pick up 12 kills between them, and go hugely negative. This super player loses all of his games... as they should. Because playing with the team is even more important as playing well individually.

Anfony O

Unless you DVR'ed it right away, you can't. That's why now right away I press guide twice and X if I do something good. Though the OS is a slow piece of shit and often times screws up.

I did. now to figure out how to place it on xboxclips or something. Thanks

Sephzilla

Cross posting from the Halo 5 Beta thread. Frankie plz

Classic Halo control scheme proposal for Halo 5

A - Jump/Clamber
B - Melee Attack/Spartan Charge
Y - Switch Weapons
X - Action/Reload
LB - Thruster Pack
RB - Sprint
LT - Throw Grenade
RT - Fire Weapon