• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, that's pretty awesome, congrats. I only plan on doing one LASO (just want a nameplate). I'm running through it on CE, but I might change my mind and do H4 instead.

If you can do the glitches like the shield bump and bridge fall CE is prob easier than 4, but if you can't 4 is probably easier, especially if you have some folks with good connections to do it 3-player or 4-player co-op.

I'm not trying to be a grumpy old man who's against change but I really don't like the ADS in Halo 5. It really feels like visual clutter that simply gets in the way. The old style aiming was better.

I'm neutral on it, I don't hate it nor do I love it. At first I thought it was going to be terrible, but now that I played, it doesn't really bother me.

Sephzilla

I'm neutral on it, I don't hate it nor do I love it. At first I thought it was going to be terrible, but now that I played, it doesn't really bother me.

For the BR and the pistol I actually kind of like it mostly because the ADS animations for those arent that intrusive. The ADS for the AR just feels unnecessary in general. The DMR ADS is disruptive as hell.

tc6KzUv.gif

Well done 343. You've got em.

Until a week later when CoD comes out and they all leave again.

King Leo

Neo Member

Same here. As long as it's mapped to my right stick, I really don't mind it too much. And this is coming from someone who hated the idea of ADS in Halo.

If you can do the glitches like the shield bump and bridge fall CE is prob easier than 4, but if you can't 4 is probably easier, especially if you have some folks with good connections to do it 3-player or 4-player co-op.

I'll probably keep going with CE then! Plus I find CE campaign much more enjoyable compared to H4.

For the BR and the pistol I actually kind of like it mostly because the ADS animations for those arent that intrusive. The ADS for the AR just feels unnecessary in general. The DMR ADS is disruptive as hell.

Pistol is definitely my favorite when it comes to the smart scope.

Sephzilla

I feel like I can aim the BR and dmr pretty alright, but I am awful at the pistol.

I'm not that good with the pistol right now either. Honestly I'm not liking the DMR too much either, the BR just feels tighter and more responsive to me right now both scoped and unscoped. I don't like scoping with the DMR what so ever.

Omni

I'm part of the problem
I'm sorry, HaloGAF.
just holding in case it's something super awesome. If it's not worth it - which I'm expecting - I'll move my deposit to a standard edition of the game

Karl2177

Yo, Mr. Menke.

I won a game earlier against people in Silver and my performance thingie went up 23. I just won a match even more handily against people in Gold. I only went up 13. wtf, bro?

King Leo

Neo Member
I enjoy the small spartan chatter like "thanks for the assist" and "teammate down top mid" etc. Might just be me though. The power weapon announcements should be toned down a bit. Just leave it at "power weapons in 30 seconds". No need for more.

I avoid the dmr. It's kill time is simply longer and it's harder to land shots, especially in ADS. Pistol doesn't have enough range.

Really want a classic scope option.

Basically this seems like a good place for feedback, so here is what I got from the first few games.

Dislike or needs improvement:
~Killcam. No. If you die you don't deserve to see the position of who killed you and everything you can gleam from their HUD like enemy placement and weapons.
Death tune. Kinda grating. Go back to seeing your corpse with the countdown timer. That way you can see if you kill traded, or if someone is teabagging you. The latter is vital.

~Spartan Chatter. Neat concept, inundated with superfluous information. Stuff like picking up a BR, or shields charged, I don't care about usually. Too complimentary, if I do something good I can see a compliment being earned. But I'm getting good kill/assist remarks after sloppily spraying in the direction of an enemy sometimes.

~Ground pound and charge. I like them and wish to use them, but they are rarely worthwhile. GP takes time to charge, easy to botch and entails a vulnerability period while charge can easily miss leaving you rather vulnerable. Could use balancing to make useful enough to bother with.

~Weapon variety. Please add more soon. So far power weapons have largely had no impact on me and gameplay seems to boil down to AR+BR+DMR shooting.
It isn't Halo without pink or purple guns, I don't want 3 weeks of AR+BR+DMRs.

~Is there a blur effect while sprinting? Cause it seems like it, the image quality is far from perfect and the last thing that should be added are blur effects. Just discomforting.

~Scope of DMR is bad. Unaesthetic and kinda disorients your view of anything not in the crosshair.

~Thruster is useful in combat actually, unlike in H4. Adds a nice strafe element.

~Clamber, I like crawling and reaching into areas, exploring nooks and crannies. This makes it so I can do it without being shot to death.

~Running around with the AR gives you a fighting chance at least.

Adding on a few things.

The beeps are annoying, where the heck is the iconic shield recharge?
Both maps seem alright.
I don't like the model and animations and glow of the Bane.

How do I check medals? Like seriously, I don't know.

Also I like the announcer now, at first I thought he just sounded ridiculous, but he grew on me. PATRICK!

Headshots are also amazing, sounds so squishy. The sound in general is just well done.

King Leo

Neo Member
You know, I never really cared about "feeling" like a spartan (gameplay >>> canon), but Halo 5 portrays it really well. I feel so heavy and clunky, yet extremely agile.

DeadNames

Banned
I love thrusters.

I was playing empire and I thruster onto the platform at full speed, and I go bouncing so fast I lose traction and end up landing in 3 people.

Jrs3000

You know, I never really cared about "feeling" like a spartan (gameplay >>> canon), but Halo 5 portrays it really well. I feel so heavy and clunky, yet extremely agile.

It feels good to do some of the things we've seen chief and other Spartans do in cut scenes. Halo wars cut scene where the 3 spartans do battle is my favorite.

My opinion list of things that need tweaking are:

-Add remappable controls
-Ditch or make killcam an optional setting
-get rid of smart scope narrowing bullet spray (smg ADS)
-Get rid of delay in sniper

DeadNames

Banned
It's really late so I'll just post my cons:

- Everything is too high pitched. The shield warnings, the recharge, a lot of the weapons (the sniper especially). Bring the good old shield recharge sound back.
- Spartans gotta shut up, especially that dude on the mic.
- AR needs nerf. SMG I'm fine with because it's strictly close range.
- DMR scope has gotta go (all smart scope for that matter)
- Some FPS drops but not that much
- Killcams are annoying and buggy, same with the music.
- Too much sound at once in general
- Flinch too, but that's already been confirmed out by Josh.
- Hitmarkers shouldn't really proc off of grenades.
- YY aiming needs to return

Other than that, the game is pretty solid.

HTupolev

I tried to take a quick FoV measurement during a game, looks like they're still going with ~78 degrees.

Halo 5 feels like it could use it a bit higher.

CliQ

So I'm almost semi pro and then I ran into Roy. He's rated 1933 pro and it shows. Having fun with the game, can't wait for the launch version so I can play big team battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom