• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
twohundredandfiftydolqlsnn.png

jem0208

One thing I don't like is with killcams, the dude bro pose that starts right away at end, they've basically killed off teabagging in this game. It was such an innocuous thing that really could rile someone up.

They need to include an option which allows you to choose which to cut to, your body or the killcam.

MegalonJJ

Banned
I don't think Halo 5 is the Halo I'm looking for....come on Frankie, you were there during the Halo 1-2-3 days....don't do me like this.

RSB

Banned
They're never removing ADS now either.
As long as they make ADS completely cosmetic and add the option to use classic scopes, I wouldn't mind ADS being in the game. Just like having LT to zoom being the default control scheme, if it was the only option it would be terrible, but as long as I have alternative control schemes with zoom on RS, I'm fine with it. Same with kill cams. Gotta make the modern shooter crowd feel comfortable, I understand (as long as there are other options, of course)

jem0208

Oh man, the smg is an absolute beast if you can manoeuvre around the enemy well. I was dropping people like flies with it on Empire.

Then we won by 2 points. This game is so good.

Also, sniper + stabilizers = awesome.

jem0208

Parties don't seem to be working all that well in this...

I tried joining you Fahz and it kicked me back to the start screen...

dwells

Gonna play a quick game to try out my new astros... Pls oh pls let me get a good team.
Why are people still buying crappy overpriced "gaming" headphones when you can get the headset adapter and get wireless sound through any set of headphones?

VinFTW

Why are people still buying crappy overpriced "gaming" headphones when you can get the headset adapter and get wireless sound through any set of headphones?

Maybe because it was a gift AND on sale.... But hey, thanks for judging me. You sound like a good person.

not at all

Tawpgun

Lol at someone paying extra for the LE without knowing what's inside. Amazing.

No wonder publishers can get away with so much bullshit nowadays

I'm onyx. Got matched up against a pro and semi pro. We lost by 2, and I went positive against a stacked team. Still lost rank from that.

Also, xbox one party system still crashes every time I play this beta.

I really hope they don't change the ranking system because of all the whiners.

Top ranks are limited right? Constant fluctuations are obviously gonna change your rank around a lot as other start playing the beta and rank up.

And the playlist is TEAM SLAYER. Of course winning as a team is most important.

Stop posting your "wahhh I went 45-0 and lost points." It's a team game.

Akai__

Sound is the one catagory, where you shouldn't try to go for the cheapest. The Astros are actually amazing headsets. Been using mine for several years now and it makes a difference, if you hear shots from everywhere or from the right direction. Also, I can't even count the amount of people I heared sneaking up behind me and that I successfully countered.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
They're never removing ADS now either.

One thing I don't like is with killcams, the dude bro pose that starts right away at end, they've basically killed off teabagging in this game. It was such an innocuous thing that really could rile someone up.

I have expressed this sentiment internally. As a person who especially enjoys teabagging OTHER peoples kills, and feeding on the rage.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Sorry, but even though I played MLG religiously... I think the AR and SMG are a blast to use, and the ADS mechanic is part of that reason.

I'm all for skill gap and balance, but we simply cannot expect every gamer out there to four shot heads like we can. That doesn't mean dumb the game down and I don't think the current set up does that.

People's issue is that they are playing it like Halo 2, expecting the BR to dominate in every situation. It's your own damn fault for taking a BR into a close range fight against an AR.

If everyone would play to this game's strengths in its current sandbox I'm sure you will be picking up the BR and using it the most still.

I think the SMG and AR do not need further aiming assistance, in other words, they don't need to be able to zoom and increase accuracy. The hip fire of both weapons is just fine, so why do they need further accuracy?

Ultimately, I want two starting weapons that protect me off spawn from all ranges. I don't want a repeat of H2, H3, where we spawn with crap and basically lay down the controller waiting till we get a lucky spawn near a weapon that can protect us.

I think they're off to a great start, but some fine tuning wouldn't hurt.

nillapuddin

Psh, Yeah $250 is crazy, like really crazy. Like, I wouldn't even consider it. Right? I'm a responsible adult who owns my own business. I have bills, I pay for dental insurance, surely an action figure isn't more important than paying the rent. How could I powsibly spend $250 on a video game / figurine bundle. Right? I mean seriously, do they really expect me t-

Preorder reserved.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Why the hell don't they ever include the soundtrack as part of the LEs?

Actually, while not impossible, it's surprisingly difficult and expensive thanks to complicated ASCAP and other union/performance rules. You'd think you could just pop it in there but it depends how, where and when the soundtrack was recorded, produced etc.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm gold and I keep getting gold and onyx enemies while I have unranked teammates. This is so fucking dumb.

Like every single game is "how hard can I carry"

TTUVAPOR

Banned
By the way guys, be careful in asking for nerfs to the AR/Pistol, doing so will just re-create the SMG-start mess of Halo 2 and the AR-start mess of Halo 3.

No one wants to play a game where one team gets all the rifles and basically spawn kills the rest of the game.

Vice versa, no one wants to play a game where it's just a one-weapon-to-rule-them-all.

Remember, the reason why Halo 2 and Halo 3 resulted in BR-start games was because the original default starting weapon was not a utility weapon. In otherwords, there was no utility weapon except for the BR.

Halo CE had the utility weapon, H2 and H3 did not, so the BR-start was the only viable option to turn to.

Halo 5 has a pretty good utility weapon so far, the pistol. I think it should get a little bit more zoom and become a four-shot kill instead of five. I'd really love to see what gameplay is like with a four-shot magnum.

Fuchsdh

Actually, while not impossible, it's surprisingly difficult and expensive thanks to complicated ASCAP and other union/performance rules. You'd think you could just pop it in there but it depends how, where and when the soundtrack was recorded, produced etc.

Which is one reason I assume that when soundtracks get bundled with LEs, they're often impossible to find commercially as a standalone piece (stupid Bioshock games.)

And I'll probably just get the bog-standard edition unless the digital trinkets are worth it, because I just don't need another thing taking up space. Might as well enjoy my digital goodness.

Sephzilla

By the way guys, be careful in asking for nerfs to the AR/Pistol, doing so will just re-create the SMG-start mess of Halo 2 and the AR-start mess of Halo 3.

No one wants to play a game where one team gets all the rifles and basically spawn kills the rest of the game.

Vice versa, no one wants to play a game where it's just a one-weapon-to-rule-them-all.

Remember, the reason why Halo 2 and Halo 3 resulted in BR-start games was because the original default starting weapon was not a utility weapon. In otherwords, there was no utility weapon except for the BR.

Halo CE had the utility weapon, H2 and H3 did not, so the BR-start was the only viable option to turn to.

Halo 5 has a pretty good utility weapon so far, the AR & the pistol. I think it should get a little bit more zoom and become a four-shot kill instead of five. I'd really love to see what gameplay is like with a four-shot magnum.

FTFY

I think the SMG and AR do not need further aiming assistance, in other words, they don't need to be able to zoom and increase accuracy. The hip fire of both weapons is just fine, so why do they need further accuracy?

Ultimately, I want two starting weapons that protect me off spawn from all ranges. I don't want a repeat of H2, H3, where we spawn with crap and basically lay down the controller waiting till we get a lucky spawn near a weapon that can protect us.

I think they're off to a great start, but some fine tuning wouldn't hurt.

The ADS accuracy buff makes the weapons viable now. I want it to stay. If they were always that powerful without ADS they would be OP, but if they didn't have the ADS buff they would become pretty much worthless starting weapons again.

Sinking in 14 hours into this and it still feels good. You can easily kill an AR at mid range because they have a hard time hurting you without ADS as you are descoping them.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
On Empire, I really think the outside of the map is OP with a sniper spawning there. My suggestion would be to keep the inside sniper spawn, but replace the outside sniper with a rocket.

Top middle of the map or bottom mid should get a camo powerup.

Thoughts?

Mdot

On Empire, I really think the outside of the map is OP with a sniper spawning there. My suggestion would be to keep the inside sniper spawn, but replace the outside sniper with a rocket.

Top middle of the map or bottom mid should get a camo powerup.

Thoughts?

I think 2 snipers is a bit much for a smaller map like that, but having a rocket in the close quarters could be an interesting balance; especially for picking off/forcing out the sniper if they're in those windows.

I know they said flinch is being removed but did they say it was only an animation? Bcuz it didn't look like it was when I watched the early beta vids and it messed with your shots/aiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom