• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funk you not my friend anymore or are you appearing offline? Haven't seen you on all day.
Had to go offline to reunite with some friends. I don't like denying invites, so if I have spots I invite :]
The CE pistol is the answer to all of our questions.

kind of serious.
CE Pistol with these mobility options and increased range with the automatics could be great. Been saying this for years while Franklesworth laughed at me..

The key to success in Halo's multiplayer revolves around how well you can please the CE fans. Save the Pistol, save the franchise. People don't see it yet because I'm not the one speaking at podiums, giving speeches where the crowd rises and shouts towards the heavens in agreement to the wisdom being bestowed upon them. Maybe that's my fault for being a lazy shit behind a computer and not being more of a VOICE of OBJECTIVELY BEST HALO
lol,
but I believe people will eventually see the light for themselves, no matter how long it takes.

1. #NoMotionTracker
  2. #NoMotionTracker
  3. #NoMotionTracker
  4. #NoMotionTracker
  5. #NoMotionTracker
  6. #NoMotionTracker
  7. #NoMotionTracker
  8. #NoMotionTracker
  9. #NoMotionTracker
  10. #NoMotionTracker

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Had to go offline to reunite with some friends. I don't like denying invites, so if I have spots I invite :]

CE Pistol with these mobility options and increased range with the automatics could be great. Been saying this for years while Franklesworth laughed at me..

The key to success in Halo's multiplayer revolves around how well you can please the CE fans. Save the Pistol, save the franchise. People don't see it yet because I'm not the one speaking at podiums, giving speeches where the crowd rises and shouts towards the heavens in agreement to the wisdom being bestowed upon them. Maybe that's my fault for being a lazy shit behind a computer and not being more of a VOICE of OBJECTIVELY BEST HALO
lol,
but I believe people will eventually see the light for themselves, no matter how long it takes.

1. #NoMotionTracker
  2. #NoMotionTracker
  3. #NoMotionTracker
  4. #NoMotionTracker
  5. #NoMotionTracker
  6. #NoMotionTracker
  7. #NoMotionTracker
  8. #NoMotionTracker
  9. #NoMotionTracker
  10. #NoMotionTracker

Lets see a four-shot pistol. The rate of fire on the pistol is really good and fast, I'd really like to see how a four-shot would compete with the rest of the weapons.

Sephzilla

I think the CE pistol would work fine in Halo 5's weapon sandbox since it wouldn't be the weapon that rules the roost like it did in CE. It would be a fantastic support weapon that would still be matched and even outclassed by other weapons.

#ClassicScopes
#NoSprint

People would just move around a tiny bit in a spot.

It wouldn't happen in the H5G engine, for sure, but I envisioned a vaguely Destiny-esque staydar mechanic where individual, stationary players would show up as dots, but the entire grid / radar itself would be divided into several (e.g. more than four, pardon my semantics) "quadrants" like with Destiny's circular "slices." If a player moves around, but not a whole lot (let's say within a 5mx5m square), the entire mini-quadrant would briefly pulse in and out red until they vacated the area.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think the CE pistol would work fine in Halo 5's weapon sandbox since it would be the weapon that rules the roost like it did in CE. It would be a fantastic support weapon that would still be matched and even outclassed by other weapons.

#ClassicScopes
#NoSprint

#Halo5CombatHasEvolved

jem0208

Shotgun as a power weapon wouldn't do much for the flow of Empire, breaking up campers, etc. What can a shotgun really do against a scoped SMG user, or a group of people who have thrust, AR's, sprint even? I'd much prefer rockets to replace one sniper.
True, camping would be an issue... Although, we don't know how the shotgun is going to differ yet.

Shotgun w/ ADS: Halo 4 version
Shotgun unscoped: CE version. Wider spread and larger range but with equivalent damage (just distributed over a larger radius), meaning unscoped is better for taking out multiple weakened targets.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Would you still want a pistol buff if we had BR or DMR starts?

Not sure. Then it's almost as if the pistol would be pointless.

I'm thinking in the way that the AR/Pistol set should be the starting weapons, and how do we make them good enough to provide utility off spawn?

If we really start going the route of BR starts...I think we're just gonna repeat what Halo 2 and Halo 3 were.

Yes. The Pistol has a higher rate of fire so it would further help the fact that its a close range to mid range precision weapon powerhouse.

I have already been able to out kill a BR weilder with a pistol because it's time to kill is faster. It's a great starting weapon if it gets a range buff a bit.

I need to be able to defend myself from pink to tower on truth.

I'm usually the last person to be salty, but...

Tried to play the Beta for 45 minutes with a friend. Got into two games total. The rest of the time was spent waiting in matchmaking as it tried to find one or two more people, then giving us errors or us having to reset the game because you can't back out of matchmaking at a certain point.

We tried MCC Swat playlist. Got into one game after a 5 minute wait. My friend didn't make it into the game and got kicked to menu.

We tried to rejoin eachother but the rosters were broken, telling us we're in the same lobby but we weren't.

He restarted his game, it worked.

Played a spartan ops mission.

Tried to play campaign. Loaded up a mission, my friend once again didn't make it in.

Roster issues again, had to restart our games again to get into a lobby with eachother.

FINALLY just got a campaign mission to load.

So after an hour and 45 minutes of trying, we had played two games of multiplayer and one spartan ops mission successfully.

Such a frustrating day.

Edit: Also, every game of H5G I got into earlier with other people the party chat kept failing and we couldn't communicate.

Might as well just throw the Pistol out of the game in that case. Once BR starts arrive, it's GG to the Pistol.

The Pistol can't even compete with the AR at range, how sad is that? Look at this kill, you understand how difficult that stabilize kill would have been to pull off with a Pistol over the AR? Not even worth the risk, so why bother using the Pistol? I don't believe the Pistol can't compete with these weapons unless it receives a buff.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Might as well just throw the Pistol out of the game in that case. Once BR starts arrive, it's GG to the Pistol.

The Pistol can't even compete with the AR at range, how sad is that? Look at this kill, you understand how difficult that stabilize kill would have been to pull off with a Pistol over the AR? Not even worth the risk, so why bother using the Pistol? I don't believe the Pistol can't compete with these weapons unless it receives a buff.

Ive actually been killed by pistol while using AR and vice versa several times...but it could use a zoom buff and perhaps a four-shot kill instead of five-shot.

jem0208

Ive actually been killed by pistol while using AR and vice versa several times...but it could use a zoom buff and perhaps a four-shot kill instead of five-shot.

Increasing the RRR would be a good improvement. I think a 4 shot pistol would be a little OP actually, it's got a pretty high rate of fire. At close range the pistol is pretty good at the moment, if you can hit your shots it's damn powerful.

lol It's not impossible, but the point of what I'm saying is that the Pistol is practically useless in this sandbox. Once you realize the AR's power, there's no reason to keep a Pistol secondary or even to use it in the first place. You're better off using the AR until you pick up a BR/DMR.

EDIT: Is the Pistol even a 5sk? Feels/looks like a 6sk from this clip.

Ramirez

Some tips for H5 MM.

-checking your scoreboard in game and hitting certain buttons moves you from party to game chat.

-Always back out after a match, the B option is there for the first ten seconds or so. The load screen takes a few, but if someone leaves during intermission, it usually errors out eventually.

-If you get stuck in MM away from your party, go to party, leave, leave multiplayer, it'll boot you back to the home screen.

-If you get the "your party has changed" have the people in that party leave MP from the party menu to break the party up so you can reform.

Played for 5+ hours last night with a full party with no problems following these.

mbmonk

I'm all for skill gap and balance, but we simply cannot expect every gamer out there to four shot heads like we can. That doesn't mean dumb the game down and I don't think the current set up does that.

Proper matchmaking would allow poor or new players to play against similar skilled opponents and learn the 4 shot method while still having fun and also allow the game to reward discipline shooting instead of rewarding holding down the trigger and winning because the player was in the right range.

IMO of course.

DeadNames

Banned
Just had a really strange glitch. In game, almost everything was silent except the sound of leaving ADS, getting shot at, and the music.

Weird.

Those last matches were brutal. We hung in there, but there was some weird shit going on.

I need to improve my aim. I'm constantly missing shots that I know I should be making, but for some reason my crosshair is always just a bit off-mark.

VinFTW

Absolutely confirmed you need a full party of 4 people to have any enjoyment whatsoever at Onyx or above in this game.

Those last matches were brutal. We hung in there, but there was some weird shit going on.

I need to improve my aim. I'm constantly missing shots that I know I should be making, but for some reason my crosshair is always just a bit off-mark.

Same. + our 4th was shit on that Empire game.

Also, I blame fahz for bailing on us :p we were on like a 5 game win streak or something.

jem0208

Oh man, I just had the closest game I have ever had on Halo. Both teams were within 3 kills of each other the entire game. They pilled ahead to 49-46 then we pulled back to 49 all. Then there was a seriously tense firefight. Sadly we lost but it was fucking awesome.

Oh and I lost 11 ranking points. Stupid ranking system.

^ I know people are dead set against weapon customization, but if it meant I could add a silencer to my weapon and remove myself from radar, I'd be all for it, lol.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

o

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Frankie, what the hell are you doing to us?! Remove the motion tracker from the beta and let us test it out. Trust me man, this fanbase needs it.

#NoMotionTracker

Madness

I wonder how much of a change they could make visually from now till launch. Obviously things like map size and geometry are not going to be touched, but I'm thinking more about the lighting, and other things like textures, and clarity. Sometimes, I feel the game is too dark, too much reflection or glows especially on maps like Truth. Weapons are hard to spot(Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd prefer to have what they did for H2A back with the little waypoint above them). Spartans look a bit washed out and not that intense color we saw in the models. Don't really care about the numbers per se, just that I want a clearer, more colorful and sharp image. Easier to spot enemies. My eyes are pretty messed up these days as it is. Need all the help I can get.

Ramirez

I mean you guys can laugh and tell me to get out, but my idea is certainly more plausible than radar being removed completely. File that under no sprint, and no ADS.

DeadNames

Banned
Gonna go full funk on this thread rn.

If they're gonna give us the babbys first kill zero skill noob weapon with a stupid low kill time, then they should disable motion tracker. As it is, it's really frustrating to play because people are afraid to wander around the map because you just get dropped so fast.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I mean you guys can laugh and tell me to get out, but my idea is certainly more plausible than radar being removed completely. File that under no sprint, and no ADS.

There will probably be an "MLG" playlist without radar that has BR starts just like in every other Halo.

dwells

17-16
14-6 me
9-15
3-13

come on man i just want decent teammates one time
I've been whining about this same thing over the past few pages. I've lost over 60% of my games despite being positive. Had to stop playing because it's not enjoyable to have every game be a blowout loss.

On a side note, I know sprint isn't going anywhere, but goddamn I wish it would. No sprint with smaller maps and a faster run speed would feel so good with the thrusters and make them more special. Instead it feels like I'm wearing lead boots and waddling through molasses unless I have sprint mashed down.

But then you'd need other attachments to warrant its inclusion, all with trade-offs.

You should explain your idea in detail if it's something different than what we see in CoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom