• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

I have expressed this sentiment internally. As a person who especially enjoys teabagging OTHER peoples kills, and feeding on the rage.

Exactly. Some times I'd just teabag a smug sniper who could do nothing against an onslaught of nade spam where he was holed up just to piss him off. It's part of that psychological rage game. Some people get so upset they send you messages, last one I got I think I got called a BK because I teabagged someone from a kill in Action Sack Fiesta lol.

It's something that is so unique to Halo, even the Simpsons when they showed the game, had Homer teabagging someone. I hope at the very least killcams are removed from the final game. The game is much more fast paced than before, it makes much more sense to keep the camera on your body so you can see the action. Would provide an opportunity for teabagging to return as well.

p0JmufT.jpg

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think 2 snipers is a bit much for a smaller map like that, but having a rocket in the close quarters could be an interesting balance; especially for picking off/forcing out the sniper if they're in those windows.

The snipe outside is like a gimmie for its location, a good team will lock down the outside and have good lines of sight.

If a rocket spawned outside and the snipe was still inside, it would be an interesting tilt in balance. The snipe would have to EARN the outside essentially.

Sephzilla

Two snipers on Empire is definitely too much. One of them needs to become a shotgun.

The snipe outside is like a gimmie for its location, a good team will lock down the outside and have good lines of sight.

If a rocket spawned outside and the snipe was still inside, it would be an interesting tilt in balance. The snipe would have to EARN the outside essentially.

I like this idea. Put the interior weapon on the outside and the exterior weapon on the inside. This would probably help prevent a team from potentially camping one of the weapon respawn areas.

Mdot

Right. And knowing that rocket is outside, you're in an unfavorable position having the sniper in close quarters and closed off buildings. Would kind of force you to move your position and rotate with the snipe or try to gain the outside area.

Sephzilla

Throw a shotty bottom mid with a camo powerup.

Rockets outside. Snipe inside at its original location.

Game. Set. Match.

I think a rocket launcher on that map might be a little too much. Depending on if the Halo 5 shotgun is worthless or not would probably influence what power weapon goes outside

DeadNames

Banned
Why?

It's better when you explain reasoning other than blanket statements.

Are you getting spawn killed?

It's a pretty tight map so naturally the AR will shred through everything.

I dunno if I'm being insane or not, but the map just feels cheesy with ARs being so strong.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think a rocket launcher on that map might be a little too much. Depending on if the Halo 5 shotgun is worthless or not would probably influence what power weapon goes outside

TTK is good in this game, a rocket would might be nice. To me, there just needs to be more on the map to actually control...so far it's two snipers...

I know this is a beta, but I'm just hoping that's why it's so stale-like...because it's a beta.

Actually, while not impossible, it's surprisingly difficult and expensive thanks to complicated ASCAP and other union/performance rules. You'd think you could just pop it in there but it depends how, where and when the soundtrack was recorded, produced etc.

Gotcha, that makes sense.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
It's a pretty tight map so naturally the AR will shred through everything.

I dunno if I'm being insane or not, but the map just feels cheesy with ARs being so strong.

So, if we were to tone down the AR...off spawn in CQC situations, you're going to basically have rifles spawn kill you, or you're going to have people rush at one another with ARs till they melee, which was what Halo 3 was.

There's also the magnum that's amazing in this game.

I honestly think we're just not used to a full-auto weapon actually being able to kill from mid to short distance.

Time will tell.

Blueblur1

Actually, while not impossible, it's surprisingly difficult and expensive thanks to complicated ASCAP and other union/performance rules. You'd think you could just pop it in there but it depends how, where and when the soundtrack was recorded, produced etc.

Question: Will there be a remix album for Halo 5 like there was for Halo 4? I really enjoyed the H4 remix album and would love another.

TTK is good in this game, a rocket would might be nice. To me, there just needs to be more on the map to actually control...so far it's two snipers...

I know this is a beta, but I'm just hoping that's why it's so stale-like...because it's a beta.

The AR on empire feels good to me. I akways go for a BR/SMG combo though. The AR is great for assisting teammates.

Sephzilla

I'd say its because its a beta and because a huge chunk of the normal Halo weapons are missing in action. We haven't seen

-The shotty
-The rocket launcher
-Any of new human weapons
-Any of the Covenant weapons sans the Prophets Bane
-Any of the Promethean weapons

Ramirez

Both maps need a heavy weapon to break up camping, IMO. This is mostly because of radar, but ya know.

It's amazing how much Halo has changed the past 3 games, but the radar is still the same ole shit. Destiny has a good radar if you must stick with motion, but I'd reduce the range on it greatly. I prefer a CoD/BF radar tied to gunfire personally, I know they're not removing it entirely. Too many people think crouch walking is some kinda integral part to the gameplay, lol.

I really hope they don't change the ranking system because of all the whiners.

Top ranks are limited right? Constant fluctuations are obviously gonna change your rank around a lot as other start playing the beta and rank up.

And the playlist is TEAM SLAYER. Of course winning as a team is most important.

Stop posting your "wahhh I went 45-0 and lost points." It's a team game.

This

pay $250 a year in advance for the next game by the guys who delivered a busted collection of old games

a fool and their money, huh

And that.

jem0208

On Empire, I really think the outside of the map is OP with a sniper spawning there. My suggestion would be to keep the inside sniper spawn, but replace the outside sniper with a rocket.

Top middle of the map or bottom mid should get a camo powerup.

Thoughts?

Yup, seems a bit silly having two snipers as well. I don't think a rocket launcher would work though, bit too tight IMO. I think a shotgun would be pretty good.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'd say its because its a beta and because a huge chunk of the normal Halo weapons are missing in action. We haven't seen

-The shotty
-The rocket launcher
-Any of new human weapons
-Any of the Covenant weapons sans the Prophets Bane
-Any of the Promethean weapons

Well one thing I personally don't want to happen is that a map get flooded with a bunch of crap.

Halo CE's weapon sandbox was amazing becaus each weapon had a situational use to it.

Pistol - everyone knows its use
AR - close range
Shotgun - close range
Sniper - long
Needler - well...it's a needler
Plasma Rifle - slowed down enemies when shot by it
Plasma pistol - popped shields if hit by a full charge
Rockets - insta kill weapon

Omni

I played a game last night and got donged on

I liked it more last week where everyone was a scrub and I could carry my team somewhat to victory

Mix

Both maps need a heavy weapon to break up camping, IMO. This is mostly because of radar, but ya know.

It's amazing how much Halo has changed the past 3 games, but the radar is still the same ole shit. Destiny has a good radar if you must stick with motion, but I'd reduce the range on it greatly. I prefer a CoD/BF radar tied to gunfire personally, I know they're not removing it entirely. Too many people think crouch walking is some kinda integral part to the gameplay, lol.

Yeah, I've run into this a ton too.

DeadNames

Banned
So, if we were to tone down the AR...off spawn in CQC situations, you're going to basically have rifles spawn kill you, or you're going to have people rush at one another with ARs till they melee, which was what Halo 3 was.

There's also the magnum that's amazing in this game.

I honestly think we're just not used to a full-auto weapon actually being able to kill from mid to short distance.

Time will tell.

I dunno, I just really really don't like the AR. The accuracy gain when scoped has gotta go though.

Madness

Shotgun as a power weapon wouldn't do much for the flow of Empire, breaking up campers, etc. What can a shotgun really do against a scoped SMG user, or a group of people who have thrust, AR's, sprint even? I'd much prefer rockets to replace one sniper.

Sephzilla

Shotgun as a power weapon wouldn't do much for the flow of Empire, breaking up campers, etc. What can a shotgun really do against a scoped SMG user, or a group of people who have thrust, AR's, sprint even? I'd much prefer rockets to replace one sniper.

I guess it depends on how different the shotgun is in H5 versus the old versions.

Maybe the Halo 5 shotgun is actually the shotgun from Black and it actually can wreck people from decent distance

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I dunno, I just really really don't like the AR. The accuracy gain when scoped has gotta go though.

I think Fahzgoolin explained it well:

The ADS accuracy buff makes the weapons viable now. I want it to stay. If they were always that powerful without ADS they would be OP, but if they didn't have the ADS buff they would become pretty much worthless starting weapons again.

Sinking in 14 hours into this and it still feels good. You can easily kill an AR at mid range because they have a hard time hurting you without ADS as you are descoping them.

CliQ

I honestly feel like the AR would be balanced if you just couldn't scope in with it.

Right now the BR is the strongest gun in the game with the smg a hair behind it so I'm not sure where all this AR talk is coming from. When you start playing semi-pros and pros it's all they use.

The DMR is so inadequate I'm not sure what it is but it seems like it has recoil. Almost the same amount as a sniper.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Right now the BR is the strongest gun in the game with the smg a hair behind it so I'm not sure where all this AR talk is coming from. When you start playing semi-pros and pros it's all they use.

Team-shot will destroy all.

This is why I think pistol needs to be a four-shot ;)

Pistol has a faster rate of fire than the BR.

Overdoziz

Banned

A radar that shows people when they shoot would almost make up for sprint and ADS. Really wish they'd replace the motion tracker with it already.

Ramirez

The DMR is so inadequate I'm not sure what it is but it seems like it has recoil. Almost the same amount as a sniper.

I think it comes down to personal preference, I opt for the DMR every time over the BR.

^ I know people are dead set against weapon customization, but if it meant I could add a silencer to my weapon and remove myself from radar, I'd be all for it, lol.

I think it comes down to personal preference, I opt for the DMR every time over the BR.

^ I know people are dead set against weapon customization, but if it meant I could add a silencer to my weapon and remove myself from radar, I'd be all for it, lol.

It does have recoil. Only time I use it as the better weapon is at very long distances.

DeadNames

Banned
I saw the 343 stream of it when they did the early beta. It is pretty basic and there is definitely some bugs with it. Still, awesome that it is finally a feature in Halo.

Yeah it is cool.

I really like this game minus a few guns (AR). Has anyone else noticed a little beet when you get a red reticule when scoped in with the sniper?

Computer

Halo 5 is full of comebacks. Its awesome except when you are the ones that had the lead. Just blew a 49-46 game. We could not get that last kill. It hurts.

I have noticed more and more people eating my AR bullets ans not dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom