• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tootsi666

That's how it's always worked since Halo 2 except they're showing the player the health bar for the first time since Halo 1.
There was that one game in 2010 that showed the health bar to the player. I still can't understand why they removed the health bar. There aren't really downsides for having it.

klodeckel

Banned
So, about that www.thehalowars.com ... Do we know if this is a hoax yet?

I mean, the site looks to be done very well. It looks professionel to be honest. I can not see why someone would make so much effort just for a fake. Still ...It does not feel legit to me.

Kampheld also posted the very last quote from the Halo Wars story a few days ago here - without any further info. Maybe a hint? He was right with everything about Halo 5.

I think (and hope) we will get Halo Wars 2 anyway. I am just curious now especially about that site ...

Woorloog

Banned
There was that one game in 2010 that showed the health bar to the player. I still can't understand why they removed the health bar. There aren't really downsides for having it.

The devs simply must have been insane.

Perhaps they thought it would be confusing without health packs, perhaps they thought people would confuse it with the shield bar. Neither explanation makes sense, i think, but trying to guess what the devs thought isn't easy.

EDIT That Halo Wars 2 is fake. MS does not own the domain, so it can't be real.

I mean, the site looks to be done very well. It looks professionel to be honest. I can not see why someone would make so much effort just for a fake. Still ...It does not feel legit to me.

Kampheld also posted the very last quote from the Halo Wars story a few days ago here - without any further info. Maybe a hint? He was right with everything about Halo 5.

I think (and hope) we will get Halo Wars 2 anyway. I am just curious now especially about that site ...

We may get more info soon, but that seems to be a hoax.

Has anyone gotten the black screen with the loud humming humming nkise and you ha e to home screen quit out of halo mcc to restart?

I have experienced something like that except it sounded way louder than humming and it completely locked up the Bone.

Got 3 MM games today:

Game 1: H2A 1-flag on Zenith someone on the other team has a 343 nameplate. I get the achievement but everyone on the other team quits in the final round except for 1 person. So 4v1 betrayal fest for a while...

Game 2: After game 1 ended I was immediately thrown into another game. I cannot tell you what it was because I went to black screen and then I won. Then the game froze.

Game 3: I restarted and jumped into Halo 3 just to see if I could get a game in that playlist. I did except it was 4v3 on Standoff, my two teammates quit and I got stuck in a pretty good 4v1 spawn trap. I lost but was ready to jump right back in. Then the game froze.

I think that's gonna do it for me for a little while. This has been worse than a beta release for me.

Point taken, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's an utter Charlie Foxtrot over there atm...

The term is Cluster Luck.

VinFTW

The game is broken, I'm amazed that you find it surprising people have a problem with your posts.

I think it's incredibly unfair that because I don't believe it's "completely broken" that I'm either a shill, an idiot, or wrong.

I've played plenty of games that are "completely broken", MCC is not one of them.

But hey, hive mentality and all.

Ramirez

I think it's incredibly unfair that because I don't believe it's "completely broken" that I'm either a shill, an idiot, or wrong.

I've played plenty of games that are "completely broken", MCC is not one of them.

It's not a hive mentality dude. You just need to realize that if the game is truly working as intended for you, you're a very lucky person. Don't gloat about how great it's working to others who you know aren't having the same experience.

I've done every trick listed and still can't get consistent matches, and when I do it's laggy or uneven, that isn't fun, and people have every right to be upset.

Yo,what are you talking about? The game is fucking broken. Yah, i'm finding matches now every 2-4min but it's still broken because half the time it's uneven teams, or there's some kind of glitch or freeze.

Stop with the nonsense.

Halo 3 has a lot of bloom due to the new lighting, it looks really nice, but at the same time, weird and a little distracting. I'll have to get used to that.

I'm sorry, but I will never be able to take you seriously. You either got the only copy of the game that works or you have such low standards for video games that you're some crazy Jules Verne style time traveler who is so dazzled by the moving pictures on the screen that he can't understand how nonsensical those moving pictures are.

The game is broken. Not a single aspect of it works well. The major victory of launch week is that now people can get into games in less than 5 minutes, but only if they are willing to do the hokey-pokey with the main menu and only if they are willing to deal with constant freezing/locking issues and mismatched teams on unpatched/un-updated maps.

Forge maps don't save properly. Campaign runs don't save properly. Theater does not work as advertised. Forge does not work as advertised.

I badly want 343 to triumph over this adversity, but please don't try to convince people that this game is fine and that the only reason they don't like it is because of hivemind.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 3 has a lot of bloom due to the new lighting, it looks really nice, but at the same time, weird and a little distracting. I'll have to get used to that.

I'd love to see some comparison pics, are there any anywhere? If not, could someone make some at some point?

VinFTW

It's not a hive mentality dude. You just need to realize that if the game is truly working as intended for you, you're a very lucky person. Don't gloat about how great it's working to others who you know aren't having the same experience.

I've done every trick listed and still can't get consistent matches, and when I do it's laggy or uneven, that isn't fun, and people have every right to be upset.

I would never in a million years want to gloat or make people feel bad that I'm lucky and they're not. I would also never, ever want people to feel like it's their faults.

Maybe I came off the wrong way or explained poorly, I just don't see how sitting in a lobby for 15 minutes and choosing that excuse, of all things, to validate that the game is factually and objectively "broken".

What really bothers me is that I'm "wrong" because I'm having a good time with it ever since the latest update. I don't think it's fair or right to call me an idiot (not you specifically, someone in the other thread) because I don't agree that the game is completely broken.

Another example is WoW. I wouldn't call WoD "completely broken" because people are having issues getting onto servers or the lag is making the game not enjoyable because there are plenty of people who ARE playing and enjoying themselves.

It sucks, the whole situation sucks, and I hope to god 343 can fix it and then some (ass-saving).

My b if I offended anyone.

but please don't try to convince people that this game is fine and that the only reason they don't like it is because of hivemind.gif
Either people can't read or I'm not explaining myself well enough...

When did I say the game is "fine" for everybody? Please point out the post where I say the game is completely fine.

hint I didn't, my argument was about the game not being "completely broken"

The amount of people that are enjoying the game prob about 1% of the total pop of this game, while it may work for others it is a broken game to the majority.

More than one min wait time for matchmaking is insane. Having to make your your lobby says lobby instead of session, thats broken. Getting into a match then getting the dc popup, thats broken, getting the black screen woth loud sound, thats broken, it goes on and on, and thats just mp. Sp also has its own issues. If you're enjoyiny, have at it, but do t discount others that arent.

This also started because I said waiting in the lobby for 15 minutes is not the way to go about trying to get into a game.

Now people are telling me I'm discounting others... What in the fuck. I even outright said I understand why people would want to return it or get a refund in the other thread.

Wtf.

Rev3rb

Yea they're pretty quiet today.

I was wondering about the status of that patch they were promising to come out today.

Update:

11.14 1:00 PM Update
This morning, we rolled out tweaks that should begin to further improve the Matchmaking experience, including:
Dedicated server stability improvements
Laid the groundwork for upcoming Matchmaking content updates, including improvements to the team selection process

Details on the 11.14 Content Update:
This evening, we will be releasing a content update that addresses a variety of community-reported issues. This content update addresses campaign, UI, and some Matchmaking party issues, but will not address Matchmaking performance. As we mentioned yesterday, a larger Matchmaking performance-focused content update is currently planned for release next week. We will have the full details of this update when the update goes live late afternoon (PST).
Please stay tuned to this thread and official channels for this afternoon's update. We thank you for your continued patience.

Please, please, please fix the crashing and party splitting!

TTUVAPOR

Banned
The amount of people that are enjoying the game prob about 1% of the total pop of this game, while it may work for others it is a broken game to the majority.

More than one min wait time for matchmaking is insane. Having to make your your lobby says lobby instead of session, thats broken. Getting into a match then getting the dc popup, thats broken, getting the black screen woth loud sound, thats broken, it goes on and on, and thats just mp. Sp also has its own issues. If you're enjoyiny, have at it, but do t discount others that arent.

What have I been missing by not having a headset for gaming? Wow......... Bought the Xbox One Stereo Headset because it was on sale and comes with the adapter, so I figured I'd get it. It was $40 on sale, while the adapter is $25 alone, so it was a no brainer considering I was looking into buying a headset anyway.

Also, for anyone with a Micro Center nearby, apparently they're ringing them up for ~$26 for people (black ones, not the Armed Forces one).
Man Halo CE MP is so much fun. I vote every time
I cry evertim 2. Is beautiful.

When did I say the game is "fine" for everybody? Please point out the post where I say the game is completely fine.

hint I didn't, my argument was about the game not being "completely broken"

Then our argument is one of semantics. Your definition of "completely broken" is literal whereas your critics definition of "completely broken" seems to be "completely incapable of being an enjoyable Halo game".

I think you are being dishonest with yourself OR your standards for games are WAY too low and I think it does our community specifically, and video game fans at large, a disservice to imply that MCC is fun and/or that people should not be angry about the state of the game right now.

Madness

What have I been missing by not having a headset for gaming? Wow......... Bought the Xbox One Stereo Headset because it was on sale and comes with the adapter, so I figured I'd get it. It was $40 on sale, while the adapter is $25 alone, so it was a no brainer considering I was looking into buying a headset anyway.

Also, for anyone with a Micro Center nearby, apparently they're ringing them up for ~$26 for people (black ones, not the Armed Forces one).

Yeah it's been pretty great. Eventually now that I have the adapter, I'd like to move up to a higher quality headset, maybe something with 5.1 or 7.1 surround etc. But the stereo headset has been working great for me too. I PM'ed Dell price at a Best Buy, got it for about $37+ tax.

Now to only find some games or play with people and actually make use of it.

VinFTW

Then our argument is one of semantics. Your definition of "completely broken" is literal whereas your critics definition of "completely broken" seems to be "completely incapable of being an enjoyable Halo game".

I think you are being dishonest with yourself OR your standards for games are WAY too low and I think it does our community specifically, and video game fans at large, a disservice to imply that MCC is fun and/or that people should not be angry about the state of the game right now.

Which is why I've stated people should return the game or try to get a refund and understandably so, I just don't want to be called an idiot or a shill for enjoying the game and thinking it's starting to work for me.

Honestly the whole argument is pointless, there shouldn't even be an argument over whether or not the game is completely or partially broken.

343 should have just launched a fully functioning package.

Multiplayer was objectively not working - multiplayer is a huge part of the appeal of this game.

Game is broken.

Fin.

Come on now... part of the reason my brother got an X1 + MCC was to finally finsh the Halo games off (he's never played 3 and 4). Right now we're about 1/3 way through legendary H2. It's been what we've been playing 80% of the time. I don't know how that means the game is fully broken :/

but read my post above, arguing over it isn't worth it and we're derailing the OT.

That's where I got mine; 36 bucks due to damaged packaging :)

jem0208

Game's working pretty well for me now as well. Still don't get even teams most of the time but matchmaking times are massively reduced and I haven't been crashing at all. I'm having loads of fun too.

(Fake)Edit: CE just lagged out though, now I'm sad :(

On that note though, CE is so much fun. Combining lag and awful spawns it can be a janky mess. But it's a fun janky mess. Always sad when it isn't voted for

Madness

This content update addresses campaign, UI, and some Matchmaking party issues, but will not address Matchmaking performance. As we mentioned yesterday, a larger Matchmaking performance-focused content update is currently planned for release next week

Well there goes launch week and this weekend. While it's nice they're fixing some of the campaign, UI, and party issues, the fact matchmaking won't be addressed till next week is ridiculous. The hype is dead. If you screw up launch day, you have launch week to fix it, including the first weekend that kids/adults will have off to try and game. If it's not fixed by then and goes into the next week or two, you risk a massive player drop off, which I'm seeing has already happened seeing as how the game has dropped in xbox live activity.

VinFTW

Well there goes launch week and this weekend. While it's nice they're fixing some of the campaign, UI, and party issues, the fact matchmaking won't be addressed till next week is ridiculous. The hype is dead. If you screw up launch day, you have launch week to fix it, including the first weekend that kids/adults will have off to try and game. If it's not fixed by then and goes into the next week or two, you risk a massive player drop off, which I'm seeing has already happened seeing as how the game has dropped in xbox live activity.

Hopefully they can re-invigorate the community. I would be deeply depressed if the community dies in this game.

I just can't see it though. I think word will get around and with some marketing and incentives we can get it back up. HCS will help for sure as well, but I really think MCC is one of those games that just sell well month after month.

Here's hoping... it is upsetting though.

Just got Untracked Build, Won't Upload. Is this referring to a developer build uploading it's error log to a bug server?

:/

I've noticed various screen glitching when returning to the dash when playing MCC too.

jem0208

Hopefully they can re-invigorate the community. I would be deeply depressed if the community dies in this game.

I just can't see it though. I think word will get around and with some marketing and incentives we can get it back up. HCS will help for sure as well, but I really think MCC is one of those games that just sell well month after month.

Here's hoping... it is upsetting though.

I think the MCC will be one of those games that just sells reasonably well for a long time, I'm sure it will have strong sales up until the release of Halo 5 at least. Christmas will also see a boost in population, and they'll surely have sorted MM out by then so hopefully it retains that population for a while.

Just when I thought things were getting better, I've had two crashes within minutes of each other. Both matchmaking related.

Netprints

I know it got posted in the gaming side and the thread was locked. It would be cool if it was real.

-Ryn

Banned
-Sprint is Too Fast.
- Weapons has fast kill times.
- This isn't Arena halo.

C'mon 343.
Sprint speed seems fine to me but I'll have to watch it again. Maybe it needs to not be infinite?
Weapon kill times are fast because it's Breakout.
It's not Arena Halo. It's Breakout Halo.

I don't have a gif for this.

That starting sequence for the rounds seems silly.

They would fall flat on their back if they tried to run on a treadmill like that...
FINALLY!! I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought it was weird that they didn't do a backflip and get sent flailing into the air.

I do think it looks cool though.
I don't have a gif for this either.

tootsi666

Not really feeling CE. It's good when it works, but crappy netcode kinda ruins it. Pistol feels different in every match, kill trading in CQC is common, grenades are thrown with a delay and autoaim seems to follow something else than the opponent's player model in almost every match. Then there are some other stuff I just don't like. Pistol just kills too fast (getting a 3-shot just feels cheap), melee isn't lunge, grenades are too powerful and some stuff I just can't remember right now. I will still vote it over SMG Ascension and AR Isolation though.

It's probably a lot better on LAN.

Rip Vin

Man Halo CE MP is so much fun. I vote every time
19tix67.jpg

I pretty much vote it too unless it's a map I'm not enthused about or a really good H2 or H2A map pops up.

Woorloog

Banned
How's Halo PC with 360 controller? I don't think i've ever tried it with that.
Have kind of a feel i want to play it but i really don't care playing with KB/M, even if it is really superior.

Skullface

Not really feeling CE. It's good when it works, but crappy netcode kinda ruins it. Pistol feels different in every match, kill trading in CQC is common, grenades are thrown with a delay and autoaim seems to follow something else than the opponent's player model in almost every match. Then there are some other stuff I just don't like. Pistol just kills too fast (getting a 3-shot just feels cheap), melee isn't lunge, grenades are too powerful and some stuff I just can't remember right now. I will still vote it over SMG Ascension and AR Isolation though.

It's probably a lot better on LAN.

Rip Vin

I don't think CE ever had lunge melee. I was playing the PC version back in August and I remember finding that to be quite jarring.

Karl2177

How's Halo PC with 360 controller? I don't think i've ever tried it with that.
Have kind of a feel i want to play it but i really don't care playing with KB/M, even if it is really superior.
Not good. Response time feels really sluggish for some reason.

Impala26

Aaaand there goes Vin.

Fare thee well, we tried to warn you.

Guess we'll try to get him in some customs this weekend...

For the love oh God though, I'm really hoping that the latest patch helped with some of the more major UI and party issues we were having last night. If so, customs could become a good respite until matchmaking is more properly fixed.

*fingers crossed*

jem0208

Apparently Super Bounces still exist!

- 1st bounce found, Based on a vista bounce. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYBxoeKJg2E
- 1st ascension double bounce found (updated) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gyZ9Hfd5IE
- 2nd one found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg9YIjCQev8
- 1st out of map bounce found on Containment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hrsmqfiahs
- bounce to get on top of the map Headlong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwyYjYlfHXI
- getting out of Ascension with a double bounce. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdS6d-Udls
- Quintuple bounce on Ascension. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7T0SUBK6SQ

Credit to Blarget2 on /r/halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom