• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

I played a lot of BF4, and never had an issue getting full games of Rush on X1.

People were hyped for this release, and there's nothing else coming this year FPS MP wise. Once it's fixed, people will come back. I don't buy that people will give up on their favorite Halo MPs forever because of a bad launch week.

I think you underestimate the fickle nature of the "casual gamer." We've already had HaloGAF people return the game. I can see a huge portion of the population just staying away.

In other news COD:AW just came out - and if I was on the fence as to which one to buy on Black Friday the feedback I see here says get anything but the MCC.

cool mcc montage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9HLzigZHVs&feature=youtu.be

(lower you volume, headphone users)

Was not expecting that. But I can't say I didn't like it.

HTupolev

I always thought it was for two reasons:

1) the original prototype Xbox controller had dpad as the primary movement control option. This is probably why Halo 1 lets you move with the dpad

2) 5 month dev time + the fact that multiplayer was done under the table meant people were less likely to see the animation and they probably didn't much if any custom animation budget to fix it up for multi
3) It's groovy.

Oh, and...
the fact that multiplayer was done under the table meant people were less likely to see the animation
Hey, coop is a thing too!

I really want you to be wrong, but you're probably right. Either way, I feel like it's their loss. People who can't play a game for a week giving up on a game entirely, potentially missing out on months of entertainment for a game they really wanted to play?
nY2jkGo.jpg
Definitely agree that it's their loss. The game will work... Eventually, but the issues is that it means that the game's population takes a hit. Maybe it's not that mich in the scheme of things, but I don't want another halo game struggling to get 20,000 people on at once.

Ramirez

I think you underestimate the fickle nature of the "casual gamer." We've already had HaloGAF people return the game. I can see a huge portion of the population just staying away.

In other news COD:AW just came out - and if I was on the fence as to which one to buy on Black Friday the feedback I see here says get anything but the MCC.

I don't really get the people on HaloGAF returning it, but it's their money I guess. The game isn't going to be broke for long, and when it is fixed, it's basically the game of forever for a Halo fan. *shrug*

Skullface

Halo 2 Classic is awesome XD. I wish there was more than just that playlist for it... Ah well, I'll take what I can get. These uneven teams are killing me though.

I was expecting it and I still liked it.

This launch will for sure hurt the population of the game and possibly Bone sales this holiday. I hope 343 can pull something out of their asses to get people back though. Would love to play this game with a healthy population for the next year.

VinFTW

Been getting games in under 2 mins consistently and with zero lag (dedis <3)

Problem is now... I fucking suck at Halo now.

:/ Some games I destroy, others I just suck.

This is like my experience, except without having ever been good in the first place XD

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

GG last night, Moonman. Cool to bump into GAFfers in the wild.
Aw ysss! It really is fun meeting up with GAFfers in matchmaking. I had a couple of friends over last night hanging out while I played and I was gitty with excitement playing with someone from 343. I was like, "I know who this is guys! I know who this is!" Of course, they had no idea what I was talking about and thought i was stupid lol.

Impala26

First BTB MM game on MCC was last night and was a 5v5 Team Slayer on Bloodline. I went about 21-10 K-D and our team lost by about 10 points as time expired.......

:-/

Still fun though. I'm really like H2A multiplayer a whole lot. It's right up there as my favorite right now on MCC just below CE.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Ditto. Glad he posted that, it saves a lot of time that would have been wasted.

Apparently.something got updated and MM is working faster. I'll have to check when I get home.

Haha, the other two H2A armors are called Centurion and Hoplite. Nice touch.

On lunch i got to play two games out of five attempts. First game was tema h2a and it took 3 mins to find a match; my second match was in classic h2, and that one took about 1.5 mins after several tries.

I hope by the time im off work today that it will be in working condition for this evening. Its starti g to get very frustrating.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
lmao @ the poltergeist stuff

this game is so amazingly broken

FyreWulff

Since we got a H2 map in CEA,how about a sidewinder remake? Please? Unlike the arbiter, I WILL beg.

They could just port Reflection and Breakneck.

edit: and Battle Canyon / High Noon I guess, if you want to technically have recent versions of maps that appeared in Halo 2, even if it's not original to Halo 2.

His idea of "broken" is very different from mine. And I played Halo CE MP for years on XBC.
McGavin from VA (I believe)? If not, what name did you play under?
CE movement is bad. This is fact!

I don't like the way grenades can get lauched by other grenades and have their timers reset and stuff.

Ce strafe and horizontal movement is fine but any time you have to traverse uneven ground or jump on shit it's annoying.
Jumping could definitely be improved, but the grenades launching each other makes it fun IMO. Halo CE felt like a playful sandbox, whereas Halo 2 onward felt more grounded and stiff.

NEW Halo 5 GAMEPLAY - BREAKOUT on CROSSFIRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bmPgWpJCDk&list=UU-UXMS9Q-apozW8jALP5UZw

Damn this looks amazing! I expect this game (and especially this new mode) will be a huge hit in the competetive scene.

Like I said, SMG definitely needs a nerf. Either that, or make it an on-map pickup, with people starting with a BR/Pistol combo (thought they should probably do that anyway).

Other than that, it looks good. Crossfire seems like an interesting map, and there were some moments of genuine tension in there, when the player count gets low.

Impala26

Like I said, SMG definitely needs a nerf. Either that, or make it an on-map pickup, with people starting with a BR/Pistol combo (thought they should probably do that anyway).

Other than that, it looks good. Crossfire seems like an interesting map, and there were some moments of genuine tension in there, when the player count gets low.

See, this is what I love about "Elimination" gametypes. I loved it when Bungie put them regularly in Halo 3 matchmaking. A half-decent team with good communication pretty much always wins these games too.

Sadly they all but phased them out eventually though and we haven't seen a SNIFF of them... that is until this Halo 5 stuff. This alone has me excited.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
See, this is what I love about "Elimination" gametypes. I loved it when Bungie put them regularly in Halo 3 matchmaking. A half-decent team with good communication pretty much always wins these games too.

Sadly they all but phased them out eventually though and we haven't seen a SNIFF of them... that is until this Halo 5 stuff. This alone has me excited.
Slayer elimination imo would be stalemate, if both team were playing to win. There needs to be an objective to go for to promote movement, e. G. Counter strike bomb

Slayer elimination imo would be stalemate, if both team were playing to win. There needs to be an objective to go for to promote movement, e. G. Counter strike bomb

I think that's why they dropped the health, to make it easier to pull off quick plays. An objective would definitely work as well.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think that's why they dropped the health, to make it easier to pull off quick plays. An objective would definitely work as well.

Kinda reminds me of paintball

Be cool to see a skull in the middle of the map to grab and bring back to your base, lime tournament paintball, or eliminate the entire opposing team to win. That way campers get punished

willow ve

I don't really get the people on HaloGAF returning it, but it's their money I guess. The game isn't going to be broke for long, and when it is fixed, it's basically the game of forever for a Halo fan. *shrug*

Fully 100% working seems to feel like a pipe dream at this point. It might be months away from being fully working. You can return a game now for a full refund + buy it in a few months when it's actually working for less. On top of that you don't have to check every other day and still be frustrated that things are broken.

The game of forever will only work if it keeps a high population. The game of forever, for Halo, will always be the latest installment as it invariably drains the population of all previous games (although I think recently Reach was above 4 in players - ha). If you're still playing MCC 4 years from now (after Halo 5 has been out for awhile and Halo 6 is fast approaching) the population will be decimated and wait times will be just as bad as they are today.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Fully 100% working seems to feel like a pipe dream at this point. It might be months away from being fully working. You can return a game now for a full refund + buy it in a few months when it's actually working for less. On top of that you don't have to check every other day and still be frustrated that things are broken.

The game of forever will only work if it keeps a high population. The game of forever, for Halo, will always be the latest installment as it invariably drains the population of all previous games (although I think recently Reach was above 4 in players - ha). If you're still playing MCC 4 years from now (after Halo 5 has been out for awhile and Halo 6 is fast approaching) the population will be decimated and wait times will be just as bad as they are today.

Once mcc works 100%, i think it will survive just like cs 1.6 does today.

To be fair, returning the game with the purpose of repurchasing it later is a little different than giving up on the game completely. And the player population being decimated is going to be a given for any halo game after 4 years.

Karl2177

Just played at Snowbound on Halo 3 and it was the pre-patch version with shield walls so camping glory.
That version also existed post-patch as well. It's a shame they didn't include the fixed versions of Pit, Sandtrap, Snowbound, and Epitaph along side the original defaults. But seeing every other issue, I'm not entirely surprised.

willow ve

Just played at Snowbound on Halo 3 and it was the pre-patch version with shield walls so camping glory.

That version also existed post-patch as well. It's a shame they didn't include the fixed versions of Pit, Sandtrap, Snowbound, and Epitaph along side the original defaults. But seeing every other issue, I'm not entirely surprised.

Yeah - everything in the Halo 3 list is as it appeared on disc at launch. IE: broken for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom