• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Oh sheet, I forgot about the others besides Boundless.

What was changed exactly with these others? Was it just like player/weapon spawns?

Pit Stop - can't get into the spawn attics and nobody spawns up there (invisible walls)
Epilogue: shield doors removed
SAND TARP - Elephants are gone and the offense and defense bases are switched from default Sandtrap with a whole new 1-flag/1-bomb layout.

All 4 of those cannot be Forged by players, they had to be made with the internal Bungie-only Forge.. I don't think even modders were able to replicate SAND TARP back then, the closest they got was swapping the Elephants with grenades.

Narrows also had a significant spawn layout change and rebalance.

Karl2177

What was changed exactly with these others? Was it just like player/weapon spawns?
Epilogue removed some shield doors and moved weapon spawns around. Pit Stop removed the attic spawns. SAND TARP removed the Elephants and moved the flag/bomb spots from the room of doom to the other side of the map.

blamite

Pit stop blocked off the attics above the bases, epilogue removed all of the shield doors, and SAND TARP removed the Elephants.

VinFTW

I'm gonna say this as nice as I possibly can, but know this, I mean far, far, far, far, far, far worse for the decision maker at 343:

Smg starts need to go in every playlist.

It's making me want to return the game.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm gonna say this as nice as I possibly can, but know this, I mean far, far, far, far, far, far worse for the decision maker at 343:

Agreed, they need to be banned.

tootsi666

SMG is a turrible weapon. I don't know why they have SMG starts on H2A. The game has AR!

Is it worse than AR starts in Reach and Halo 3 ?

TTUVAPOR

Banned
SMG is a turrible weapon. I don't know why they have SMG starts on H2A. The game has AR!
I will say that in h2a, the mag/smg combo rekts kids like no tomorrow, just keep your distance close with br players and youll win 99% if the time, the mag headshot is back from prepatch h2

tootsi666

I will say that in h2a, the mag/smg combo rekts kids like no tomorrow, just keep your distance close with br players and youll win 99% if the time, the mag headshot is back from prepatch h2
Yeah, but why even add AR if it isn't a starting weapon in small maps?

Has anyone been able to successfully return a digital copy? I'm thinking I'll return this and pick up GTAV instead. Halo: TMCC is far too broken. I'll pick it up again when someone gives me the OK that it's a working video game.

Related:

Last night we were able to consistently get into sequential matches by manually quitting Halo: TMCC, booting it up, joining each other, and then starting matchmaking for Big Team Battle.

Any attempts to join a new match after our successful match finished wouldn't work. We had one hiccup when the game crashed where we couldn't join a match, so I'd recommend starting the game, quitting and starting again after a crash to guarantee success.

Lastly, matchmaking takes about 4 minutes. It's pretty consistent. Don't wait longer than that, and definitely stop waiting if anyone leaves.

I find SMG/H3 AR starts in 2014 offensive.

It's crazy:
  • Motion Tracker
  • Slow movement speed
  • SMG/H3 AR starts (lack range, may be inconsistent)
How can anyone think this is a good time? What demographic is being catered to here? Why can't I search only for CE in MM? Why do ties go to the map that appears first? None of it is fair lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Aw ysss! It really is fun meeting up with GAFfers in matchmaking. I had a couple of friends over last night hanging out while I played and I was gitty with excitement playing with someone from 343. I was like, "I know who this is guys! I know who this is!" Of course, they had no idea what I was talking about and thought i was stupid lol.

Still surprised we won being down a man in H2C BR starts. I thought that would totally favor the larger team. GG

Still surprised we won being down a man in H2C BR starts. I thought that would totally favor the larger team. GG
Well you killing everything in sight helped a lot. I was trying to keep up but failing. Being down 3v4 or 4v5 is a lot harder than 2v3. The other team has to work much harder for kills with less targets.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
It does the job better than SMG would and it doesn't turn the game into BR slayer 2014.

No, it doesnt. Br slayer 2014? Really? Im on my mobile phone, so im not gonna go into a i depth discussion of why the br start creates balance over an ar start... So maybe someone else will help aruge that.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That starting sequence for the rounds seems silly.

They would fall flat on their back if they tried to run on a treadmill like that...

Mix

Pretty fucking mad that I just completed the game on Heroic and I didn't get the achievement nor nameplate for it. C'mon, guys, what's the deal here?

EDIT: And I didn't get toy box for collecting all the toys. wtf man

Dub117

No, it doesnt. Br slayer 2014? Really? Im on my mobile phone, so im not gonna go into a i depth discussion of why the br start creates balance over an ar start... So maybe someone else will help aruge that.
I'm not going to argue that you are wrong (because you arent) on any other point other than the AR start in H3 does give me a better chance than a SMG start in H2. SMG starts make the game not even fun. BR start > both though.

Impala26

Vin, we all love you here at HaloGAF, but when it comes to the MCC OT I think it's time to...

Abandon-Thread.gif

Shit's not worth it! Don't make the same mistake Dopey made about 5/6 hours ago over there!

VinFTW

Been having a blast with this game, which according to gaming side is looked down upoin apparently.

Apparently I'm a shill and an idiot for enjoying the game and trying to explain to people sitting in a lobby for 15 minutes is NOT how you get MM to work.

Alrighty then.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm not going to argue that you are wrong (because you arent) on any other point other than the AR start in H3 does give me a better chance than a SMG start in H2. SMG starts make the game not even fun. BR start > both though.

The one dude here that said he got what all hce fans have been enraged about, i wish his post was stickied in the ot.

Mix

aside from the stuff that isn't working, Halo 2 Anniversary's campaign was gorgeous through and through. the Cutscenes are wonderful and I look forward to doing it again on Legendary.

Please just let the chivos pop for me then.

Impala26

Been having a blast with this game, which according to gaming side is looked down upoin apparently.

Apparently I'm a shill and an idiot for enjoying the game and trying to explain to people sitting in a lobby for 15 minutes is NOT how you get MM to work.

Alrighty then.

You're the biggest shill and 343-paid-off-gamer HaloGAF has and we love you for it!

XD

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
aside from the stuff that isn't working, Halo 2 Anniversary's campaign was gorgeous through and through. the Cutscenes are wonderful and I look forward to doing it again on Legendary.

Please just let the chivos pop for me then.

Try Legendary with the Scarab and Boom skulls on.

Shit is impossible.

Ramirez

Alrighty then.

The game is broken, I'm amazed that you find it surprising people have a problem with your posts.

Madness

Vin, we all love you here at HaloGAF, but when it comes to the MCC OT I think it's time to...

Abandon-Thread.gif

Shit's not worth it! Don't make the same mistake Dopey made about 5/6 hours ago over there!

FYI, it's stuff like this that gets the thread locked. This community is the Halo community. It's not separate from Gaming Side. In a month or two, that thread will move from Gaming Side and be put into Community side so it doesn't stifle new threads by going to the top. Saying stuff like abandon that thread over there and come here is the very definition of trying to be an insular community.

Who created these Halo MCC playlists?

SMG starts in H2?
Vanilla maps in Halo 3

C'mon son this is amature.
I imagine 343 would have been working on updating playlists and what not, but with all of the launch problems are stuck in emergency fix everything else mode instead. It was mentioned in one update that they think they have figured out or narrowed down what is causing all of the issues, so I hope they can patch it quickly. However, that might have just been standard hat pr talk.

Impala26

FYI, it's stuff like this that gets the thread locked. This community is the Halo community. It's not separate from Gaming Side. In a month or two, that thread will move from Gaming Side and be put into Community side so it doesn't stifle new threads by going to the top. Saying stuff like abandon that thread over there and come here is the very definition of trying to be an insular community.

Point taken, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's an utter Charlie Foxtrot over there atm...

Netprints

Can't watch that halo 5 video yet (at work) but what your guys are saying about it I am a little worried. I hope the beta feels good and they listen to the community if changes are needed.

Can't watch that halo 5 video yet (at work) but what your guys are saying about it I am a little worried. I hope the beta feels good and they listen to the community if changes are needed.
I thought it looked pretty good, honestly. I like quicker kill times if there is actually some skill/effort required to get those quicker kill times (Combat Evolved style). If H5 is gonna have sprint and thrusters in the game, I think 343 needs to keep quicker kill times to compensate.

NOKYARD

I pop into the MCC thread every once in a while, but honestly, trying to participate just strikes me as a bad idea.
That's why i'm posting this here.
Yeah I tried to spawn a hill on Sandbox earlier today and couldn't. It had been a long time since I used H3 Forge so I figured it was just me doing something stupid like forgetting to go into Forge with the correct gametype or something, but this may be a bigger problem than I thought.

Missing entries in the unified Start Menu are what broke forge for both Halo 3 and 4.

MCC: Start Menu (Forge Mode, in map, Monitor Mode):
Leave | End Game | Start New Round | Save As | Save | Settings

Halo 3 Start Menu (Xbox 360):
Privacy (Open, Open to Friends, Invite Only)
Go to Player Mode (unnecessary since the D pad does this)
Save Changes
Save As New Map . . .
Start New Round
Change Game Type
Change Teams
End Game

Halo 4 Start Menu (Xbox 360):
Go to Player Mode
Privacy (Open, Open to Friends, Invite Only)
Save Map
Save As New Map . . .
Start New Round
Change Teams
Trait Zone Properties
End Game

Privacy: As it stands, the Privacy state can only be found in the main Roster (outside of the game) and only allows for "Friends Only" and "Private". "Open" is missing. The problem is it defaults back to Friends Only each time you save and quit your forge session, opening your session to intrusion. Having a friend join and steal host during a forge session can irreparably damage a map due to items shifting (Remember Scythe. That's exactly what happened to the first version of that map). Most forgers save and quit several dozen times per session. At present you must back out to menu, open the Roster, then change the setting for each iteration.

Change Game Type: As discussed earlier. You can not forge in MCC Halo 3 , or alter disc maps, without the ability to select game type unless your map is solely intended for Slayer, Juggernaut, or Infection. Basic Editing is the only mode available but it does not show the game-specific objective items (Hills, Flag Stands etc.) you would normally find in Forge Mode. Moving this to the outer menu to bring it in line with the other games would be best, but it's possible the original coding may still be there and just needs a Start Menu item to activate it.

Trait Zone Properties: Works fine in MCC Halo 2 but is absent from MCC Halo 4. This may not seem like a big deal to most but the Grifball Leagues can not function without this feature. Our live broadcast and official league courts rely heavily on Invisible/Invincible connection hosts and broadcasters. Without these zones the host/cameraman can be easily killed and injected into the game.

Change Teams On the surface this may seem to be an insignificant feature, but we absolutely must have the ability to change teams without leaving the present game by way of save and quit. Checking lines-of-sight, accessing out of map/under map/internal voids, while in game by changing to strategically placed 7th and 8th team spawns are essential tools for advanced forgers.

Hopefully, these items will be fixed soon because several communities are suffering due to these seemingly insignificant omissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom