• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

I don't agree, but we'll have to wait and see. The reason there was so much momentum in the first place is because of how much love there is for the previous halo games and the franchise. The Master Chief Collection is almost all just revisions and updates to the originals. You don't lose 10 to 14 years of love for a franchise due to 1 week of matchmaking issues and some game breaking bugs. I'm talking about dedicated fans here. Not some random new kid that just picks up the game on a whim. I think if Combat Evolved can do what it did for the xbox back in the day, a fixed TMCC can steadily rebuild the fan base over time - even with the disastrous launch. People have already acknowledged that the game is really great when it works and I agree. Once 343 gets the kinks worked out this game is going to be a tidal wave. Granted this is all my own opinion and speculation.

Nah, there has definitely been a huge letdown in terms of the hype. Even if matchmaking were to start working again, that sheer excitement I had coming back from launch and the excitement I had all year has evaporated. I'll still play the hell out of MCC when it works, even try to join the HCS, but it's hard to explain. There is just nothing like a launch day or launch week or even launch month. If this isn't fixed by the next week, all week long you have people not playing, moving onto other games. There has definitely been a momentum shift.

Maybe if the Halo 5 beta is something people enjoy, I can see a resurgence. That rush of holiday buyers and people on winter breaks. Either way you're right, better to be hopeful than negative.

It does the job better than SMG would and it doesn't turn the game into BR slayer 2014.

BR starts are better for balance because it gives you a chance to fight off the other team if they were to gain control of the power weapons. It also allows you to help your teammates from mid to large range. It helps balance the sniper from being too overpowered. It's not overpowered because it loses at certain ranges to power weapons. Up close it loses to shotgun, at long range it loses to sniper, mid range it can lose to rockets.

Apart from that it allows a higher skill gap. It certainly doesn't force you to use a BR at lower levels because at those levels players aren't skilled enough to 4 shot or 5 shot you with any consistency. Matchmaking has to do its job though and pair you up with similarly skilled players.

I find SMG/H3 AR starts in 2014 offensive.

It's crazy:
  • Motion Tracker
  • Slow movement speed
  • SMG/H3 AR starts (lack range, may be inconsistent)
How can anyone think this is a good time? What demographic is being catered to here? Why can't I search only for CE in MM? Why do ties go to the map that appears first? None of it is fair lol

It's insane that motion tracker is preferred by anyone. First of all it makes it much easier for players to camp. A player with a shotgun can stay hidden because if they crouch, the other players won't know his location, but he will know exactly where other players are. Without radar, players can sneak up on the camper. This goes for every power weapon. No radar promotes more movement and allows players to sneak in behind teams.

Slow movement speed is another thing that just doesn't make sense. Players at higher levels prefer this because it makes 1v1s involve more skill because strafing becomes more important.

At lower levels, it makes the AR more useful. Strafing becomes more effective so getting a 4 shot or 5 shot with the BR becomes more difficult. The AR is an automatic weapon obviously so it makes it more powerful (by virtue of the br becoming more difficult to shoot) as it's a spraying weapon.

Random17

I really enjoyed what we were given on the taming of the Hunters and the Grunt Rebellion. Great stuff.

I wasn't too sold on the 343 interactions with Refumee.

Although it puts an even greater significance on Refumee's tragedy. I see that interaction primarily as a contextual vessel for the elaboration on the role of an Arbiter.

Onikaan

Got into a game of h2 classic. Lagged every second, then crashed to dashboard.

Went in again, found a game. Crashed in the map loading screen. I really ser more problems on the halo 2 classic playlist.

Hopefully this is helping someone.

jem0208

Got into a game of h2 classic. Lagged every second, then crashed to dashboard.

Went in again, found a game. Crashed in the map loading screen. I really ser more problems on the halo 2 classic playlist.

Hopefully this is helping someone.

I've given up on MM for tonight. Had a couple of great games. 5 v 5 on Narrows with minimal lag, even got a few snipes.

Completely stopped working now... :(

Back to forge.

The more I play this the more I want to return it. I don't care what they say this thing was NOT properly tested. The QA is so bad it rivals if not exceeds bf4s brokenness. I work all day fixing problems. I stopped playing pc games because I'm burned out on fixing and trouble shooting. This is worse than a bad console port on a PC.

Give it a week and chances are it'll be working. If it really frustrates you just have a break.

The more I play this the more I want to return it. I don't care what they say this thing was NOT properly tested. The QA is so bad it rivals if not exceeds bf4s brokenness. I work all day fixing problems. I stopped playing pc games because I'm burned out on fixing and trouble shooting. This is worse than a bad console port on a PC.

Nah, there has definitely been a huge letdown in terms of the hype. Even if matchmaking were to start working again, that sheer excitement I had coming back from launch and the excitement I had all year has evaporated. I'll still play the hell out of MCC when it works, even try to join the HCS, but it's hard to explain. There is just nothing like a launch day or launch week or even launch month. If this isn't fixed by the next week, all week long you have people not playing, moving onto other games. There has definitely been a momentum shift.

Maybe if the Halo 5 beta is something people enjoy, I can see a resurgence. That rush of holiday buyers and people on winter breaks. Either way you're right, better to be hopeful than negative.
Yeah, people have been let down for sure, and dulled hype is also understandable. On the flip side, I'm itching like crazy to play more Halo CE and Halo 2 now that I've had a small taste. I can't wait for 343 to get matchmaking in order I'm sure some people will switch over to Advanced Warfare, but that can't be helped. Like they probably would have made the switch at some point regardless. There just aren't other games that I would move on to, for me at least.

Yeah, people have been let down for sure, and dulled hype is also understandable. On the flip side, I'm itching like crazy to play more Halo CE and Halo 2 now that I've had a small taste. I can't wait for 343 to get matchmaking in order I'm sure some people will switch over to Advanced Warfare, but that can't be helped. Like they probably would have made the switch at some point regardless. There just aren't other games that I would move on to, for me at least.

I'm thinking about moving in to advance warfare because it apparently works. Matchmaking isn't the only thing broken. Many areas of the campaigns are buggy messes. Terrible frame rate dips, glaringly distracting pop in, crashes etc. They promise 60fps and unless you play in classic mode you bet you are going to constsntly see issues.

Heck I couldn't even view a terminal I just found and the achievements are not unlocking.

Magni

Hi guys :) It's been a couple years, so my friends list is empty. Any one want to play mainly H1/H2 in a semi-competitive manner? I desperately need teammates with mics :)

edit: Also, I'm a bit rusty, and no longer in France but in NY, so might be easier with people in that timezone.

Hi guys :) It's been a couple years, so my friends list is empty. Any one want to play mainly H1/H2 in a semi-competitive manner? I desperately need teammates with mics :)

My schedule is all over the place or I'd volunteer. Probably better for you anyway. I think I've lost my halo mojo and would be detrimental to winning games.

There should be a list in the MCC OT; seems like a good place to start.

My GT's Poodlestrike, though I warn you I'm not even remotely up to a semi-competitive standard :p

Magni

There should be a list in the MCC OT; seems like a good place to start.

My GT's Poodlestrike, though I warn you I'm not even remotely up to a semi-competitive standard :p

Ahh thanks, gonna take a look at that.

I'm very rusty, gone are the days of being trounced by Lunchbox in the MLG playlist haha

By semi-competitive I mean use BRs instead of SMGs and call out enemies, that's already better than pretty much everyone I've played with so far :(

jem0208

Just got the update. The UI seems noticeably smoother.

Not getting any hitches or hangups now. Going into the options menu is smooth and doesn't seem to pause at all. Good job on fixing the UI, now keep working at that matchmaking 343!

MouldyK

5kxlBv3.gif

"To find him, you have to forget the stories.

Forget the legends.

You have you do more than walk in his footsteps, for he is more than the sum of his actions.

I tell you this, not because I trust you, Agent Locke… but because all our lives are at stake.

Because the seeds of our future are sown in his past.”

Well if this past is anything to go by, we are never going to find the Master Chief in Halo 5.

5kxlBv3.gif

"To find him, you have to forget the stories.

Forget the legends.

You have you do more than walk in his footsteps, for he is more than the sum of his actions.

I tell you this, not because I trust you, Agent Locke… but because all our lives are at stake.

Because the seeds of our future are sown in his past.”

Well if this past is anything to go by, we are never going to find the Master Chief in Halo 5.
Jy0lG47.gif

MouldyK

Yeah, homeboy's long gone. That sand robot got him.

This collection is a big PR Stunt for Halo 5!

The moral of the story: No matter how hard you try to search, you will never find John or the old Halo you know and loved.

Let's all move on now and accept our Destiny...no, not that one! I mean the Locke one with ADS!

jem0208

Whomever Big Solar is, I tried to join you. I think it broke though...

Edit: Well it looks like I joined you, then I lagged out a minute later... I tried :/

I'm doing solo Halo 4 right now and I just got a bunch of co-op achievements after completing Infinity. It showed me on the campaign scoring twice. I hope this doesn't mess up my solo legendary achievement, but it shows solo as the one being completed. This game is so messed up though.

We'll see. It's gonna be dead for a while, but HCS and the Black Friday rush could give it a boost. What'd be ideal is if 343 offers up a free H2A map pack or something; yes, I know they weren't going to do any DLC, but that was before... uh, this. A free DLC is a great way to get back the people they lost fixing this thing.

Great idea, 3 map pack or something like that would be awesome. People love free stuff and would draw people in. When games miss their initial launch push population, especially when people were so hype for it...

it never recovers. Making it more difficult, this is a remake essentially and CoD is out.

Nowise10

I still can't watch Halo Nightfall on the Halo channel. It just skips over it and loads the next video in this list whenever I try and watch it, and its annoying.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
This is sort of random but to anyone who is interested in H5, I was wondering if you thought of control scheme wishes already? I have played bumper jumper since halo 3 & was thinking about how bumper jumper could work in h5.

I was thinking of something like:

LT - grenade
RT - shoot
LB - jump
RB - melee
Right Stick - zoom (I pray there is a toggle option to click instead of having to hold the stick in.)
Left Stick - crouch/ground pound
A button - sprint or thrust
B button - sprint, thrust or reload
X button - sprint, thrust or reload
Y button - switch weapons
dpad - swtich grenades (left or right)

For comparision, this was halo 4's bumper jumper:

LT - grenade
RT - shoot
LB - jump
RB - melee
Right stick - zoom
left stick - crouch
A button - sprint
B button - reload
X button - armor ability
Y button - switch weapons
dpad - swtich grenades (left or right)

Ideally I would hope bumper jumper stays the same as halo 4. just replace the armor ability button with thrust since thrust its the only new input besides ground pound. Ground pound is paired with crouch so it can just go on the left stick with crouch ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Any other bumper jumper users agree?

What sparked my thought of this was greenskull's newest vid on that forge looking map. He talked about recon control scheme which he uses so I was thinking about bumper jumper & wanted to say something as early as possible =) I remember pre halo 4 builds had an awful variant of bumper jumper that was changed closer to release. I want the good true bumper jumper to be in the beta so I can play the beta to the fullest extent!

The bumper jumper wish list you have is exactly what it is - Sprint is A, Thruster is X, and B is reload/action. Been using it for a long time and it's God tier.

Magni

"Connecting to a dedicated server......................................."

Anyone who's on have room for one more? I just added a bunch of people whose tags are in the MCC OT.

Madness

I still can't watch Halo Nightfall on the Halo channel. It just skips over it and loads the next video in this list whenever I try and watch it, and its annoying.

If you go to the Halofest activities, the whole episode is there in the final 30 mins. Just skip to when Blair is talking to Mike and Kiki, it starts right after they're done talking.

Onikaan

Stinkles/Tashi

I've noticed certain nameplates do not unlock when you have completed the criteria for them. The one question for me is Halo 2 complete ever level on heroic.

I know this is far down the fix list but I thought id let you know.

>GET INTO A FULL PLAYER COUNT MATCHMADE BLOOD GULCH MATCH
>HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION NEEDS AN UPDATE!

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom