• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

I would be down for a motion tracker revamp. They've basically changed a lot of the game play as it is, why not try something radically different with the radar?

What if it was based off of the Spartan Visor line of sight? Maybe only 270 degrees of spatial awareness on a 3D plane. Only have enemies show up that aren't where you're facing if they are right behind you? It would make sense that you are only tracking someone you can see and they show as blips on your radar. Look at the second radar in this image to see what I kind of mean.

V8GeDb9.jpg

Additionally, it would again add an element of stealth and skill to the game play if you couldn't see people coming from behind you, you have to actively sweep rooms or leave your line of sight to make sure someone isn't behind you. Call of Duty radar was often problematic because you could bring up your map, wait for someone to fire and pinpoint exactly where they are. I just think currently it's too overpowered how you can tell elevation, pinpoint exact vehicles, basically anyone within 30 meters etc.

Every match with gold+ rank players should be BR starts, below that should be AR starts.

That's an interesting idea

Except you don't get matched in your division
At Onyx 3, I'm quite often matched with people in lower Gold, or even under that

I wish it was more strict
Maybe it gets better as people are placed into their true rankings

jem0208

That's an interesting idea

Except you don't get matched in your division
At Onyx 3, I'm quite often matched with people in lower Gold, or even under that

I wish it was more strict
Maybe it gets better as people are placed into their true rankings

Almost every match I play I am placed with at least 2 people who have never played a match. I think it'll probably even out as more people get ranked.

Side note: This game is so good, I think I'm on my 4th "last game for the night".

Ramirez

But then you'd need other attachments to warrant its inclusion, all with trade-offs.

You should explain your idea in detail if it's something different than what we see in CoD.

I think attachments are coming in the other MP mode.

Doesn't matter, the radar isn't being removed, nor is it being revamped, lol. I don't care to write out stuff over things I know aren't changing.

I don't care
No problem, that's all you had to say lol

Attachments may be coming, but that does nothing to fix the problems with motion tracker in the Arena. Can't just allow people to throw on silencers either because there goes the balance in the mode they're promoting as highly competitive.

dwells

Just went 15 and 6 and lost with my team having a grand total of 6 kills and 44 deaths between the three of them.

What is the point of the ranking system if it's just gonna stick with kids like that every game?

Ramirez

No problem, that's all you had to say lol

Attachments may be coming, but that does nothing to fix the problems with motion tracker in the Arena. Can't just allow people to throw on silencers either because there goes the balance in the mode they're promoting as highly competitive.

The radar isn't going anywhere in Arena, so any hypothetical fix is just that, and a pipe dream.

I've been whining about this same thing over the past few pages. I've lost over 60% of my games despite being positive. Had to stop playing because it's not enjoyable to have every game be a blowout loss.

Same. I Have no desire to even log on to the beta unless I have trustworthy people to party with. Almost every game i play solo i do the best and half or more of my team is crazy negative. Its very frustrating to lose so many points in a row simply because of how the game pairs me (゚Д゚ )

The radar isn't going anywhere in Arena, so any hypothetical fix is just that, and a pipe dream.
If that's the case then they should just say that. You can't force this upon competitive players like you can with sprint. Motion tracker will never be in competitive Halo scenes, never ever, and I'm sure there are people in 343 who despise motion tracker too (pro team, for example), so who's deciding it should continue to be OP and remain as it is, and for what reasons?

All these people saying their teammates suck, how they can't do anything in these match-ups. Well, imagine if their movement wasn't being told to the enemy team that is clearly aware of positioning and/or just better at aiming? Could stand a chance and possibly carry their team in certain situations that could sway the outcome of the match in their favor.
Movement is a pillar of Halo and is being killed by motion tracker.

Let's (Halo fanbase) have this discussion, Frank. Market a period where you're testing no motion tracker in the beta and emphasize how you need our feedback for that specifically. Contact IGN, message Kotaku, call in the press to discuss motion tracker. There was some talk about it in the industry not too long ago, so it's still fresh on people's minds.

antigoon

If that's the case then they should just say that. You can't force this upon competitive players like you can with sprint. Motion tracker will never be in competitive Halo scenes, never ever, and I'm sure there are people in 343 who despise motion tracker too (pro team, for example), so who's deciding it should continue to be OP and remain as it is, and for what reasons?

All these people saying their teammates suck, how they can't do anything in these match-ups. Well, imagine if their movement wasn't being told to the enemy team that is clearly aware of positioning and/or just better at aiming? Could stand a chance and possibly carry their team in certain situations that could sway the outcome of the match in their favor.
Movement is a pillar of Halo and is being killed by motion tracker.

Let's (Halo fanbase) have this discussion, Frank. Market a period where you're testing no motion tracker in the beta and emphasize how you need our feedback for that specifically. Contact IGN, message Kotaku, call in the press to discuss motion tracker. There was some talk about it in the industry not too long ago, so it's still fresh on people's minds.

PLEASE. I see this as the biggest thing standing in the way of feature parity between regular and competitive multiplayer. It should be in 343's interest to figure this out once and for all.

RSB

Banned
I don't know how I'm going to be able to go back to the MCC after the Halo 5 beta. Gunna be trying to thruster all the time...
Well, at least you won't have half your screen obstructed by the weapon when you zoom.

I'm very happy to have ADS if it means the we don't have shit completely useless autos.
Or we could have both classic scopes (as an option at least) AND useful autos. No need to create false dichotomies.

VinFTW

Halo 5 Friend Finder

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KTgPjs-QdXSOlfPBYHecmx1duBVPaeG_wV-aw4P48Nk/edit?usp=sharing

Does anybody want to check this out and let me know if this works please.

Not sure if this has been done before or if anybody wan'ts to try. Figured it would be an easy way to "favorite" and add certain people on your friends list with similar preferences/skill level for easier and quicker access.

Not sure if it's a looked down upon thing to do around here but I figured I'd give it a try since so many people seem frustrated with shitty teammates when MM.

jem0208

In mcc, are you suppose to keep getting kicked out of the lobby after each match?
Yes.

Well, at least you won't have half your screen obstructed by the weapon when you zoom.
Will be stuck with shitty AR and SMG starts though. I'm very happy to have ADS if it means the we don't have shit completely useless autos.

Damn, I'm excited for breakout. SMG starts are gunna be crazy.

Just finally played. Here are my initial thoughts:

Pro's:
The game moves well meaning its silky smooth
The gameplay is there meaning a tweak here or there is all you need

Con's:
Get that ADS out of there. It's distracting and it's total ADS. I don't care what they say, there is without a doubt an advantage to being scoped in. at minimum, give us a classic zoom.
It's a little "heavy" - for a game built on movement it feels slow unless you are sprinting. Bump the base player movement up
The jump is to low, it's not Reach low but it should be at least Halo 4 high if that makes sense.

After a lengthy break following the MCC's release (explained in the podcast and the description), Reclaimer Radio: Episode 4 is out!

RR4: Legendary Limited Bad Kid Edition mostly covers impressions with Week One of the Halo 5: Guardians Arena Multiplayer Beta with Adrian (Ghazi), Austin (Mix), Ian (zoojoo) and Adrian (Subzy).

Velikost

Anyone with a squad need one more? Tired if getting matched with kids who pull a 0.5 ratio and don't use mics.

Underrated Gold 2 if it matters. GT same as username

RSB

Banned
I don't really like Clamber. Doesn't feel good, too automated and easy to do.

I'd rather have double jump, honestly.

dwells

Unless 343i breaks form, yes, game's been getting a constant stream of updates since it launched. Many of them don't seem to do very much, but it gives your router something to gnaw on.
Now now, that's not fair to say at all. The updates all have seemed to do something.

I mean, making it worse technically is doing something...

Got Walshy to potentially talk about motion tracker during or after this match. You should check his stream out, people talking about it in the chat now.

Might lead to some interesting discussion.

EDIT: And there goes that lmfao.. There's just no hope. Competitive players think the general audience wants it and thinks there's no wiggle room for change from Halo devs, so who cares about default matchmaking because that's not what they're playing, while the general audience probably doesn't give a damn either way as long as they have fun times.

Then there are people like me who will suffer time and time again, knowing what default MM Halo could be, unable to make any significant difference ;'[

#NoLUV

antigoon

Got Walshy to potentially talk about motion tracker during or after this match. You should check his stream out, people talking about it in the chat now.

EDIT: And there goes that lmfao.. There's just no hope. Competitive players think the general audience wants it and thinks there's no wiggle room for change from Halo devs, so who cares about default matchmaking because that's not what they're playing, while the general audience probably doesn't give a damn either way as long as they have fun times.

Then there are people like me who will suffer time and time again, knowing what default MM Halo could be, unable to make any significant difference ;'[

#NoLUV

RIP :(

#NoLUV

It's disappointing that they haven't redone radar since the game's inception. Something in between what's out there now and nothing are what we all want. No one wants to have to go to a "pro" room for a real, competitive experience. Standardize those two. Make silly modes for a casual experience. Treat it like items/no-items in Smash Bros.

After a lengthy break following the MCC's release (explained in the podcast and the description), Reclaimer Radio: Episode 4 is out!

RR4: Legendary Limited Bad Kid Edition mostly covers impressions with Week One of the Halo 5: Guardians Arena Multiplayer Beta with Adrian (Ghazi), Austin (Mix), Ian (zoojoo) and Adrian (Subzy).
So good, a lot of fun recording this one, excited to hear your guys thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom