• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
See, this attitude is bullshit. The system should work regardless of whether you're on your own or with a party of good people. Half the time when I normally play there won't be anyone around to play with.

Also the people I normally play with don't have X1s so I'm kinda screwed there. I'm sure there are loads of people who don't have anyone to queue with.
System works. You win; you rank up, you lose; you rank down. It's Team Slayer, mate.

get

a

good

team

Ramirez

Last match of the night yesterday, close game that we sprung open, my teammate got the Show Stopper and I went on to get the Triple completely swinging the game into a landslide win, so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3e835lsjN0&feature=youtu.be

Ranking system is fine, Reach showed you that trying to individually rank someone in a team game had more problems than it was worth. Shit teammates have been a problem in every MP game ever released, the only way to solve it is to que with a team, and even then, you're not safe. ;P

VinFTW

So I assume no one had any interest in this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KTgPjs-QdXSOlfPBYHecmx1duBVPaeG_wV-aw4P48Nk/edit?usp=sharing

Thought it would be a convenient way to find people of similar skill to group up with.

Also, cross post from the gaming side thread, just want to re-iterate how much I love both these guns:

I love the DMR and BR in this game. The way they shoot, sound, the damage, the looks of both of them. I really like Halo 5.

Also Visceral, I see you're back at it :p

So I assume no one had any interest in this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KTgPjs-QdXSOlfPBYHecmx1duBVPaeG_wV-aw4P48Nk/edit?usp=sharing

Thought it would be a convenient way to find people of similar skill to group up with.

Also, cross post from the gaming side thread, just want to re-iterate how much I love both these guns:

I love the DMR and BR in this game. The way they shoot, sound, the damage, the looks of both of them. I really like Halo 5.

Also Visceral, I see you're back at it :p

wat

lnaZIo9.png

Akai__

Amateur mistake by making that document editable by everyone and by posting it out in the open. Should have used the e-mail trick...

VinFTW

LMAO.

I hate you all :p

Amateur mistake by making that document editable by everyone and by posting it out in the open. Should have used the e-mail trick...

Nah, it's all good. :p Most of GAF is pretty mature about this stuff, but this IS HaloGAF after all.

still love this community and its shitters

DeadNames

Banned
Wow the unscoped DMR needs a shorter red reticule range. I feel like it totally wrecks at mid range, even without the scope.

Also does anyone else think grenades could be a tad bit weaker?

See, this attitude is bullshit. The system should work regardless of whether you're on your own or with a party of good people. Half the time when I normally play there won't be anyone around to play with.

Also the people I normally play with don't have X1s so I'm kinda screwed there. I'm sure there are loads of people who don't have anyone to queue with.
It's a beta, and it's been two days. Stop and think about that. In order to give you good teammates, the system needs to accurately assess the skill levels of a large player base, which takes time. All of those people need to play a large number of games to be placed in the proper place.

But...

It's been two days.

Stop it.

Akai__

Nah, it's all good. :p Most of GAF is pretty mature about this stuff, but this IS HaloGAF after all.

still love this community and its shitters

You do realize, that this is an public forum that everybody can read, right?

Who says this was GAF or HaloGAF? Only lurkers do this stuff.

Ramirez

See that's quite difficult when the matchmaking system is almost random.

Weird, my matches have been like 90/10 in favor of highly competitive games. Very rarely does my team get to just act stupid and dish out a pub stomp.

Wow the unscoped DMR needs a shorter red reticule range. I feel like it totally wrecks at mid range, even without the scope.

No, no, no. That's the advantage of the DMR, it has longer range, but takes one more shot to kill and is single shot, it's pretty much perfect.

lol@ that wheelchair bugs.

Looks like all of the shots landed to me, I think the flinch is tricking you into thinking your reticule is all over the place.

I dunno, it felt more like the game was magnetizing more than a little bit. I can't imagine that same final sequence with the pistol with how I was playing.

Madness

What are the odds that upside down Chief/Locke mirror image is what they'll end up using for the artwork? I don't really like it that much. I know Frank said it was only visual ID for when it was announced, so hopefully they have something better for the final artwork.

Ampoc

Neo Member
What are the odds that upside down Chief/Locke mirror image is what they'll end up using for the artwork? I don't really like it that much. I know Frank said it was only visual ID for when it was announced, so hopefully they have something better for the final artwork.

That will change. Same thing was with Halo 4, the placeholder was this and it wasn't until May of 2012 (just before E3) where they released the actual boxart along with the the different editions of the game you can buy (standard and limited).

They did it differently this year by announcing the editions a lot earlier, but I wouldn't expect the official box art until some time before E3 next year.

DeadNames

Banned
Isn't the DMR only a map pick-up now anyway?

Yeah, but the BR is too.

I feel like the DMR absolutely stomps on Truth but the BR is better in Empire.

I absolutely HATE the fact that automatics get bonus accuracy when scoped in. It makes gunfights really one sided because every bullet counts, but that's probably just the nooby nature of the AR.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, but the BR is too.

I feel like the DMR absolutely stomps on Truth but the BR is better in Empire.

I absolutely HATE the fact that automatics get bonus accuracy when scoped in. It makes gunfights really one sided because every bullet counts, but that's probably just the nooby nature of the AR.
Yeah, but from what I understand the BR is gonna be a starting weapon in the upcoming week and the DMR will stay a weapon pick-up only.

m23

I think DMR, BR and pistol are perfectly fine. Just tone down AR and SMG just a tad bit. They should still be viable weapons but right now they feel cheap to use. DMR is a beast and I think the new scope helps to balance it somewhat by obscuring your vision a bit.

Haruko

Does anyone have overhead maps of Truth/Empire, to mark weapon locations on?

Or better yet, ones already filled out?

Trying to teach some friends where all the precision rifles spawn.

AkRkA2y.png

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think DMR, BR and pistol are perfectly fine. Just tone down AR and SMG just a tad bit. They should still be viable weapons but right now they feel cheap to use. DMR is a beast and I think the new scope helps to balance it somewhat by obscuring your vision a bit.

It's a fine, fine line of balancing that 343 is doing.

We as a community are obviously split already. I've read competitive forums saying they want BR starts back...ugh. Yes, that worked in Halo 2 and Halo 3, but Halo 5 is a different beast.

Then we have the other side saying, nerf the AR...but still keep it as a starting weapon with the pistol.

My fear is that I personally do not want Halo 5 to become what Halo 2 and Halo 3 by default were, which was the start with crap and keep getting spawn killed till you get better weapons...and return the favor to the other players who were doing the same to you.

In otherwords, when you spawn in the game, you shouldn't be so weak that you have to pick up weapons on the field in order to be remotely successful. I totally disagree with that kind of Halo, which is what SMG starts were in Halo 2 and AR starts in Halo 3.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I keep getting unranked players on my team even though I'm gold and I keep getting games where I'm the only player on my team to go positive. Again and again and again. ;_;

Madness

People would argue against it because it's redundant, but I'd have loved to have the DMR be a reskinned BR. Same zoom distance, but single shot and same kill times. I love the DMR over the BR. Have DMR starts etc. But making it map pickup, and a somewhat scarce one at that works too.

On an unrelated note, watching the second stories of nightfall that I didn't bother with first time around. Really adds a lot of extra story.

BigShow36

Rank in team gametypes should be decided by wins. Don't play ranked team games solo if you want to win. It's that easy.

Because there are so many options out there for solo players. Is it really that much of a reach to expect a matchmaking system to match you with teammates of similar skill? Forget wins, just give me teammates somewhere in the realm of my KDR. People without a rank yet should only be placed in games with other people who haven't received a rank.

Because there are so many options out there for solo players. Is it really that much of a reach to expect a matchmaking system to match you with teammates of similar skill? Forget wins, just give me teammates somewhere in the realm of my KDR. People without a rank yet should only be placed in games with other people who haven't received a rank.

I know circumstances are different for everyone, but I've surprisingly had pretty balanced matches in the Arena Beta. The only times I haven't are when I've been paired up with gaffers that are starting to rank up, and proceed to get roflstomped for a game or two.

Ramirez

I dunno, it felt more like the game was magnetizing more than a little bit. I can't imagine that same final sequence with the pistol with how I was playing.

No, you wouldn't have gotten the same result with a pistol, but I don't think it has anything to do with the DMR aim assist, lol. The pistol's RoF+recoil results in a far messier shooting experience compared to wielding a DMR, especially if you were trying to kill that many people in a row.

Perhaps it's placing people without ranks against others with ranks to get a feel of where they should be placed?

Plus it's a beta, you guys are expecting far too much playlist/matchmaking wise. If enough people suggest a mercenary playlist then maybe they'll add on for the final game.

RSB

Banned
There are a lot of elements to this game that contribute to this. Double jump would have been better then ledge climbing. I hate Empire, its like a mini Complex but those nades make it a pin ball machine. Thats the problem, now you have to build maps for these new features. It's built to be a vertical map for the climbing.
Agreed. Clamber is kinda bad. You can only do it in one direction, and doesn't feel rewarding at all (too automatic) Double jump + crouch jump would have been a much better option IMO.

Madness

Clamber has all but killed any semblance of jumping, crouch jumping, trick jumps, or "platforming". Don't think I've made a single jump I didn't also Clamber after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom