• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Pro Team has already lamented the loss of crouch jumping, think it's time to embrace the clamber future, lol.

Honestly, I don't mind either way; I never really got the hang of crouch jumping, and I love the way Clamber feels when you start stringing together the jumps, thrusts, and sprints. Just thinking about it conceptually.

But you're probably right :p

woodland

You honestly think they're gonna redesign entire maps for a niche skill like crouch jumping?

He's been overly optimistic about the point of the beta for weeks now. They're not changing shit they weren't already. They'll just use opinions as justifications.

He's been overly optimistic about the point of the beta for weeks now. They're not changing shit they weren't already. They'll just use opinions as justifications.

Eh. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I'm not seeing why they'd bother with a beta this early if they weren't planning on using at least some of the feedback. Yeah, betas are often glorified demos, but they're also generally closer to launch, smaller, and more polished.

Someone explain to me what the KDA spread stat is, because it certainly isn't (kills+assists)/deaths or any other mathematical combination if those stats I can think of.

Seriously, someone tell me what operations you perform on 289 kills, 168 deaths, and 148 assists to get a "KDA" of 6.9.

Ramirez

Someone explain to me what the KDA spread stat is, because it certainly isn't (kills+assists)/deaths or any other mathematical combination if those stats I can think of.

Seriously, someone tell me what operations you perform on 289 kills, 168 deaths, and 148 assists to get a "KDA" of 6.9.

I think maybe it's just an average of a certain amount of games, it fluctuates far too much to be all of your games.

IIRC, games played is also a factor.

RowdyReverb

(K + A/3 - D) / Games Played

Impala26

Happy New Year's to you east coast Halo GAFers!

Joe Staten, of course.

And Beamish/Baird, himself. :p

Would be pretty awesome if they got South Park in there. ahem. Or... hey, strong bad. >_>

Post-Bungie Halo could use some comic relief.

And agreed on all accounts! XD

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I want a Frankie voice pack where he just laughs at you every time you die or miss a shot.

So, my boyfriend came over earlier (sorry VisceralBowl N' Friends) for New Year's, and I had H5G up while I was waiting for him to get here. He asked if it was a new thing (EDIT: a new halo title, i should probably clarify) because he said it looked different (in particular a killcam on Truth), and I explained the beta to him. After he got settled in he says he wants to watch me play a match or two while he starts busting out the champagne, so I hop into Team Slayer. My first match is Empire and I start it out playing pretty defensively; I got Outie Snipe and mainly stayed on my toes keeping an eye out for enemy spawns on Top Innie (tower?), and literally the first thing to come out of his mouth is "this actually reminds me a lot of Call of Duty."

He's not even a shooter guy. I mean, check and mate, 343. It's pretty crazy how that works out.

I like clamber. Just let me be able to clamber sideways and backwards and I'll be good.
That's a possibility but wouldn't that cause problems if you clamber accidentally next to a ledge to the side or back while instead the player wanted to hug the wall or bumped into it and wanted to jump up?

So, my boyfriend came over earlier (sorry VisceralBowl N' Friends) for New Year's, and I had H5G up while I was waiting for him to get here. He asked if it was a new thing because he said it looked different (in particular a killcam on Truth), and I explained the beta to him. After he got settled in he says he wants to watch me play a match or two while he starts busting out the champagne, so I hop into Team Slayer. My first match is Empire and I start it out playing pretty defensively; I got Outie Snipe and mainly stayed on my toes keeping an eye out for enemy spawns on Top Innie (tower?), and literally the first thing to come out of his mouth is "this actually reminds me a lot of Call of Duty."

He's not even a shooter guy. I mean, check and mate, 343. It's pretty crazy how that works out.

Person who isn't into shooters says that game he is unfamiliar with reminds him of another popular shooter series that is widely known.

No way. Tell me more.

Granadier

So, my boyfriend came over earlier (sorry VisceralBowl N' Friends) for New Year's, and I had H5G up while I was waiting for him to get here. He asked if it was a new thing because he said it looked different (in particular a killcam on Truth), and I explained the beta to him. After he got settled in he says he wants to watch me play a match or two while he starts busting out the champagne, so I hop into Team Slayer. My first match is Empire and I start it out playing pretty defensively; I got Outie Snipe and mainly stayed on my toes keeping an eye out for enemy spawns on Top Innie (tower?), and literally the first thing to come out of his mouth is "this actually reminds me a lot of Call of Duty."

How was the champagne?

Person who isn't into shooters says that game he is unfamiliar with reminds him of another popular shooter series that is widely known.

No way. Tell me more.

I've played Halo with him before, lol. He's played Call of Duty in the past on his own time but he's never made that comparison with any of the other games. Him and I played CE co-op for a little bit, and on top of that it's not like this was his first time seeing a Halo game.

How was the champagne?

I could taste the heartburn!

pretty good but I'm not a big alcohol guy

King Leo

Neo Member
That's a possibility but wouldn't that cause problems if you clamber accidentally next to a ledge to the side or back while instead the player wanted to hug the wall or bumped into it and wanted to jump up?

I clamber manually and I feel it should be that way by default. Automatic clamber shouldn't exist honestly. If a player chooses when he wants to clamber, those mishaps won't happen.

Granadier

Dude on the other team goes 31 - 6

please understand

I could taste the heartburn!

pretty good but I'm not a big alcohol guy

Haha, enjoy the night!

Happy new years gave. Halo 5 in 2015. High five!

36cf6569a5.gif

Granadier

Well there's a first for everything. In my case, quitting teammates.

Game became 1 v 4 at 5 mins, went 15 - 20, lost of course

ultimota

nope just nope this game is awful on international servers borderline unplayable because of how lethal the weapons are.

IT NEEDS region search and the fact i can't get a simple response from anyone at 343 about it being added is even more insulting.

Quinn? nope nothing Bravo? nope, the official twitter? not a thing, Josh Holmes? nada....
Pro's have a question gets answered almost immediately, youtuber bragging about a perfection yep thats worthy of a response.

all through halo 2-4 i dealt with american or uk host (even with a freaking fibre connection i couldn't pull host) i thought i was past this shit with mcc and the h5 beta because of dedicated servers but nope why should it put me in a game with other people in my region when it can throw me in an american server and let them have their way with me because my shots don't freaking register.....

I DON'T CARE HOW LONG I HAVE TO SEARCH JUST LET ME SEARCH ONLY MY GOD DAMN REGION IN THE FINAL GAME AND MCC!!

Booshka

nope just nope this game is awful on international servers borderline unplayable because of how lethal the weapons are.

IT NEEDS region search and the fact i can't get a simple response from anyone at 343 about it being added is even more insulting.

Quinn? nope nothing Bravo? nope, the official twitter? not a thing, Josh Holmes? nada....
Pro's have a question gets answered almost immediately, youtuber bragging about a perfection yep thats worthy of a response.

all through halo 2-4 i dealt with american or uk host (even with a freaking fibre connection i couldn't pull host) i thought i was past this shit with mcc and the h5 beta because of dedicated servers but nope why should it put me in a game with other people in my region when it can throw me in an american server and let them have their way with me because my shots don't freaking register.....

I DON'T CARE HOW LONG I HAVE TO SEARCH JUST LET ME SEARCH ONLY MY GOD DAMN REGION IN THE FINAL GAME AND MCC!!

Have you tried moving?

ku-xlarge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom