• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H5 beta stopped working so hopped onto MCC. Last two games in BTB have got to the map load screen then failed load. Then searching in BTB indefinitely. Went back to H5 and it's still broken. Go back to MCC, get a game of Halo 3 and it starts 5v3 on P2P.

When does 'acceptable' happen? Do we have an ETA on 'acceptable'? Why was the cutoff date for ODST, month of gold etc the 19th of December when the game is still you'd-be-ashamed-if-it-launched-this-way-broke?

jem0208

There are some definite issues with team placement in the game at the moment. I'm in gold and got matchmaker with 5 people who have never played, a gold and an onyx. I understand that having untanned people is probably due to the best only just coming out etc. So that's not really the problem.

The issue was that it lumped all the ranked people on one team against 4 unranked people.

Fuchsdh

The areas below the windows? The geometry makes them really cumbersome to navigate, much less use as an advantage in fights. Just nade the areas before rushing in.

The map needs a different weapon to break up power spots since radar is on, the sword is trash, and I don't get people who say it's OP. You can kill people so quickly if you're team shooting, it's never been a deciding factor in games I play and I regularly see it sitting in it's respawn untouched for minutes at a time.

Yeah, strangely enough on my games I see the Sniper Rifles and Swords sitting untouched for long periods. I'm not a sniper, so I kind of hug the area to see if someone is going to come grab it, and then ended up picking them up as a "well I guess if no one else wants it..." Might just be I'm still against low-ranking players, though.

TTK is too fast. It takes away one of the strongest aspects of Halo which was being able to turn a battle round even if you got jumped. Also Teamshooting is super effective.

TTK is too fast. It takes away one of the strongest aspects of Halo which was being able to turn a battle round even if you got jumped. Also Teamshooting is super effective.

I think it's the autos/flinch. I am not experiencing any BR duels. Usually when I get killed by a BR or DMR user they are at a safe distance.

I literally can't kill anyone without an auto.

Ramirez

I dunno dude. I got killed by one when I was at 3/4 shields.

Kill cams are annoying. I never know if I traded kills or not.

If you're sitting directly on top of it, it should kill you.

^ It's the lack of aim assist probably. I really hope they leave it how it is. I got fucking worked last night by a guy using an AR up close after initially getting 3 shots on him, but my aim was awful on the last shot. Would have never happened in past games.

There are some definite issues with team placement in the game at the moment. I'm in gold and got matchmaker with 5 people who have never played, a gold and an onyx. I understand that having untanned people is probably due to the best only just coming out etc. So that's not really the problem.

The issue was that it lumped all the ranked people on one team against 4 unranked people.
That's matchmaking for you in terms of this ranking system. If you go solo you'll get punished. Play with a friend and search a team you'll get punished. Your chances of finding ppl of equal or perhaps greater skill would most likely increase if you're partied with a group of 3 or more.

Ramirez

You guys are posting on the largest gaming website on the internet, there is no shortage of people to play with, why do you insist on playing alone? Branch out, meet new people, and party up.

Caja 117

Oh, disagree greatly then. The windows are a great addition, IMO. It allows you to nade the towers from base, jump to mid from base, and actually gives you a fighting chance against breaking a top setup. Also gives you a great vantage point on people going for sword. Remove the windows and your only option is going out the sides of the bases, making you fish in a barrel. This was always a problem on the original Midship in games I played, once a team got control of the top areas, it was incredibly difficult to move out of your base.

If you have control of the towers, why are you pushing into the bases to begin with?

Pushing into bases? Not really, but some teams are setting up in bases, the last thing you want is for team to camp in a base instead of taking control of Ptower, in this case the addition on a lift in p towee is a good addition. But bases should not be power position, And because there isnt a real power weapon in this map, there is no real incentive for a team to break up a set up in their base.

Also midship respawn were not only on base but also on the sides car and p, so spawn trapping were not something usual so i dont understand the fish in the barrel refference.

nope just nope this game is awful on international servers borderline unplayable because of how lethal the weapons are.

IT NEEDS region search and the fact i can't get a simple response from anyone at 343 about it being added is even more insulting.

I am worried about Halo 5 have the same Call of duty lag for people outside the US. The COD titles had a decent start then the lag always ruined my online experience because it always oput the US host and screw everyone in my region.

Ramirez

Pushing into bases? Not really, but some teams are setting up in bases, the last thing you want is for team to camp in a base instead of taking control of Ptower, in this case the addition on a lift in p towee is a good addition. But bases should not be power position, And because there isnt a real power weapon in this map, there is no real incentive for a team to break up a set up in their base.

Also midship respawn were not only on base but also on the sides car and p, so spawn trapping were not something usual so i dont understand the fish in the barrel refference.

The bases are not a power spot, lol.

I played a lot of Team Hardcore in Halo 2, mainly Oddball/CTF where you could get absolutely skullfucked, there was no spawning outside if a team was setup.

Booshka

Fast TTK is fine for Halo, it just needs to require a ton of skill for the optimal kill time. Halo CE has extremely fast kill times, but you can always comeback in a fight with Skill. Teamshooting should always melt you, if the other team is coordinated and you get caught out, you should die in less than a second. I also like how CE handles it, where you could sometimes land a 3sk even while you got team melted.

Halo 2, to a lesser extent H3, and definitely Halo 4 and H2A, if you are down a shot in a battle, you are most likely going to die because it's so easy to shoot in those games, and the best players rarely miss.

So a friend came on and we teamed up. Took five minutes to get party chat to work. After searching in Halo 3 and team slayer playlists for about ten minutes, we didn't find a single other player. Switch over to Halo 5. The game instantly finds 6 other players upon searching... Then the screen flashes constantly and it says the server failed. Rinse and repeat for another five or so minutes until we give up.

Can anyone from 343 tell me how to play Halo on the Xbox One in two thousand and fifteen? It's weird because I've paid hundreds for the new console, I've paid for the online play subscription thingy, I've paid for the game but none of it works?

Deception

You guys are posting on the largest gaming website on the internet, there is no shortage of people to play with, why do you insist on playing alone? Branch out, meet new people, and party up.
Exactly. Everyone complains about playing alone but when ever I invite anyone they don't join lol

link1201

So a friend came on and we teamed up. Took five minutes to get party chat to work. After searching in Halo 3 and team slayer playlists for about ten minutes, we didn't find a single other player. Switch over to Halo 5. The game instantly finds 6 other players upon searching... Then the screen flashes constantly and it says the server failed. Rinse and repeat for another five or so minutes until we give up.

Can anyone from 343 tell me how to play Halo on the Xbox One in two thousand and fifteen? It's weird because I've paid hundreds for the new console, I've paid for the online play subscription thingy, I've paid for the game but none of it works?

I agree it is frustrating and they do need to work on this asap. It should not be this hard to play Halo with a party.

Blueblur1

Sometime this weekend I'm gonna write up my thoughts. There are a lot of little things I would like to see tweaked but overall I love the beta.

So despite CE and the several discussions we've had on this, you still think it mostly has to do with a weapon's TTK to be able to turn around and out-shoot someone who shot you first?
Exactly. Everyone complains about playing alone but when ever I invite anyone they don't join lol
Speaking of which, want to play? CliQ too, where art thou? I'm down to play something if anyone's down :]

Akai__

And people are still giving them money by pre-ordering 250$ mystery boxes.

This industry certainly is something.

blamite

I dunno dude. I got killed by one when I was at 3/4 shields.

Kill cams are annoying. I never know if I traded kills or not.
Yeah, the worst part of the killcam to me is that it completely hides the medal flasher and kill feed until it's over, so while you may be able to see what happened right before you died, you know much less about what happened right after.

Caja 117

The bases are not a power spot, lol.

I played a lot of Team Hardcore in Halo 2, mainly Oddball/CTF where you could get absolutely skullfucked, there was no spawning outside if a team was setup.

They are now.

And what happened in halo 2 midship was a spawn point problem and not a map design problem. halo 3 mlg ctf You couldnt do spawn traping

Ramirez

They are now.

And what happened in halo 2 midship was a spawn point problem and not a map design problem. halo 3 mlg ctf You couldnt do spawn traping

I've played like 20 hours of this, and I've yet to see anyone try and setup in the bases. I don't understand the advantage?

Caja 117

I've played like 20 hours of this, and I've yet to see anyone try and setup in the bases. I don't understand the advantage?

The advantage is simple the side with the dmr has a view to the entire map, i can place shot to everyone from that place given there is a dmr there, with a good team you serve as someone to take shield downs while two of your teammates clean those kills, while the second qindow serves as someone to protect you if anyone tries to go in the base, it reminds me a lot of zealot outer space problem.

Maybe because people are not using real teamwork to play that it isnt happening often

Edit: also there are sticky spawn there, so basically thats spot gives u unlimited ammo and nades.

TheOddOne

lets elope
022073e323744c25d09d1a0b87b362fd.JPG

VinFTW

Someone asking to please keep the kill-cams in for full release on my twitter lol... sigh. It's seriously the most annoying thing to me about the beta, hands down. You should have to press a button to see your kill-cam not the other way around.

Not only that but the respawn timer should be more evident/prominent both visually and aurally (audibly?).

Also, wtf happened in this clip:

http://xboxclips.com/Vin+FTW/a6d0fb93-ad6f-459c-887e-b734d9c6c4b9

Headshot bonus? Lag? Who knows.

jem0208

That's matchmaking for you in terms of this ranking system. If you go solo you'll get punished. Play with a friend and search a team you'll get punished. Your chances of finding ppl of equal or perhaps greater skill would most likely increase if you're partied with a group of 3 or more.

I'm not actually complaining about the ranking system, for once. It was the team placement. They grouped all the unranked people together and put the high ranking people on the other team.

I'm sure it's just a beta thing but I was just mentioning it.

CliQ

So despite CE and the several discussions we've had on this, you still think it mostly has to do with a weapon's TTK to be able to turn around and out-shoot someone who shot you first?

Speaking of which, want to play? CliQ too, where art thou? I'm down to play something if anyone's down :]

I'm watching back to the future on TV. After that sure.

Ramirez

The advantage is simple the side with the dmr has a view to the entire map, i can place shot to everyone from that place given there is a dmr there, with a good team you serve as someone to take shield downs while two of your teammates clean those kills, while the second qindow serves as someone to protect you if anyone tries to go in the base, it reminds me a lot of zealot outer space problem.

Maybe because people are not using real teamwork to play that it isnt happening often

Edit: also there are sticky spawn there, so basically thats spot gives u unlimited ammo and nades.

I just find it extremely vulnerable to nades and being shot on from multiple angles. Plus if you're camping a window, what's to stop the other team from overrunning your teammates completely out of your view? Especially if someone is in sneaky doing absolutely nothing, lol.

I'm not actually complaining about the ranking system, for once. It was the team placement. They grouped all the unranked people together and put the high ranking people on the other team.

I'm sure it's just a beta thing but I was just mentioning it.
That's... Not a beta thing.

Alright, going into Halo 5 solo and going to force myself to learn the default layout. LT hold-to-aim seems too beneficial to not at least be give a fair shot.

10 sensitivity too, gg rank. Message me whenever you're ready CliQ.

Wait did you get it?

I got some email with a survey link to join. I did it, and got a confirmation email.

Hello!

343 Industries and Microsoft Studios User Research have launched the Halo Community Feedback Program.

With the Halo Community Feedback Program we are trying to get people like you to provide their unique perspective on the Halo Franchise. All types of fans and opinions are welcome!

What happens when you join?

You make yourself eligible to receive short surveys that will help provide 343 Industries with valuable insights into what you want from Halo. You can drop out of the program any time you want.

What do you get out of it?

You get to help shape the future of the Halo Franchise!
We're also looking into unique ways to reward program members-- more on this in the future.

You'll have the chance to sign up for other research opportunities with Microsoft Studios User Research where various software and game gratuities are available.

What are the requirements to join?

Currently, our only requirements are that you must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the United States of America (we are working to expand to other locations as soon as possible-- our apologies for any frustrations this may cause).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom