• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Have you tried moving?

adam-orth-deals-with-resignation-following-xbox-720-tweets.jpg

Hahaha

Is anyone else getting "high packet loss" on XBL? Never had a problem with it until today, at 100% lol. Seems like it's just a UI bug. All my games are running fine so idk.

My second Perfection in H2A. I'm so good.
At killing level ones.

Akai__

Woah, now. Steitzer going "purrfect" is probably one of (if not the) best things about the beta.

Seriously though, good thought. Maybe even allow you to toggle them individually?

That would be cool, but there's just too many medals/announcements to allow that and I doubt 343i is even considering it. Even my idea seems like not worth the effort to 343i.

Don't know why I'm even posting these ideas. I still don't see myself playing Halo 5 MP for too long. :/

I'm having real trouble having my shots connect in H5. BR duels, AR duels, Pistol duels, I'll lose most of them at least 90% of the time.

Kibbles

Been playing H5 both with a team of 4 and with my friend once the other two left and wow I'm having a blast (as usual with a full party). Happy new yearr

Welp that was short lived we lost by 1 kill and all went -24 lol jfc

Any word on a fix for the party chat issue while playing the beta? Really soured the otherwise enjoyable experience me and my friend had while playing this yesterday.

They probably don't have Asian servers at all, every time I have been thrown onto US servers, AU server at best. the half second delay when throwing grenades is painful.

Up 47-41 on Stonetown, thinking this should be over quick. They come back to win 50-47. lol

Look at bottom teammates scores, 2-13 and 3-10.

Just another wonderful day in Halo.

Any word on a fix for the party chat issue while playing the beta? Really soured the otherwise enjoyable experience me and my friend had while playing this yesterday.

I saw on reddit that holding the 'view' button (select) then pressing X switches between party chat and game chat.

Is that your party chat glitch?

Ghazi

I saw on reddit that holding the 'view' button (select) then pressing X switches between party chat and game chat.

I randomly get problems from it, too. Sometimes it just seems to cut party chat out completely. Which may or may not be the Bone's garbage OS.

Everyone, pro tip: If you're stuck in the matchmaking screen with a party, get into a party chat and then click "Leave" -> "Multiplayer" and it'll boot you back to the main menu!

SalientOne

Internet Batman

That is a "convenience feature" that has gone horribly awry. It allows you to quickly switch between party and game chat, mid-match.

Turns out that in the heat of battle, players are frequently pressing back to pull up the scoreboard and mashing X to skip kill cam and get back to the action. Which is then toggling their chat between game and party. Unfortunately it's not something that we are going to be patching in beta but we will address for the game proper.

Apologies all.

That is a "convenience feature" that has gone horribly awry. It allows you to quickly switch between party and game chat, mid-match.

Turns out that in the heat of battle, players are frequently pressing back to pull up the scoreboard and mashing X to skip kill cam and get back to the action. Which is then toggling their chat between game and party. Unfortunately it's not something that we are going to be patching in beta but we will address for the game proper.

Apologies all.

Thanks for the response on that issue.

Pro tip, this game suffers from 'bad company 2' syndrome in regards to weapons being picked up.

What I mean by this is, if an enemy drops a weapon you want and do not have, after you kill them, switch to the weapon you want to replace and sprint over the weapons whilst holding the pickup weapon button, you pick it up instantly. Saves valuable time.

Karl2177

Short version: The games are different. Despite the similarities, a lot of effort went into crafting this system for Halo. 10 felt right this time around

Fair enough. I know Trueskill required 46 games to determine a player's skill level. Is this system able to do it in less games, or are matches after placement still fairly volatile?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
nope just nope this game is awful on international servers borderline unplayable because of how lethal the weapons are.

IT NEEDS region search and the fact i can't get a simple response from anyone at 343 about it being added is even more insulting.

Quinn? nope nothing Bravo? nope, the official twitter? not a thing, Josh Holmes? nada....
Pro's have a question gets answered almost immediately, youtuber bragging about a perfection yep thats worthy of a response.

all through halo 2-4 i dealt with american or uk host (even with a freaking fibre connection i couldn't pull host) i thought i was past this shit with mcc and the h5 beta because of dedicated servers but nope why should it put me in a game with other people in my region when it can throw me in an american server and let them have their way with me because my shots don't freaking register.....

I DON'T CARE HOW LONG I HAVE TO SEARCH JUST LET ME SEARCH ONLY MY GOD DAMN REGION IN THE FINAL GAME AND MCC!!

Lucky for you they may have just fixed that today with a patch.

Ranker

Neo Member
Fair enough. I know Trueskill required 46 games to determine a player's skill level. Is this system able to do it in less games, or are matches after placement still fairly volatile?

That number you're thinking of for TrueSkill is how many games till it's near a player's final skill level.

But you don't need to be that exact to have good matchmaking.

H5 is much faster at getting into the rough area of where good matches can be made, and maybe a little faster at getting to your more exact skill.

MMR still moves quite a bit after placement matches. CSR moves slower since it's more of a "proven" measure of skill.

Also, keep in mind Josh Holmes' statement above about the trade-off in matchmaking and wait times. The system may KNOW where to match you, but it can't always get you exactly what it WANTS to.

Also, if you've waited too long, the system will just create the best game it can given who else is searching at the time, even if they are better / worse than you. It still grabs the closest to you. But, this also means even if you haven't waited as long, someone else in your group may have, so that person is sucking the rest of you in so they don't have to wait indefinitely.

Ramirez

Im almost certain that at least the AR have headshot bonus, confirm?

People I've talked to say no.

No one who has the AR as ToD has any headshots, so in order for their to be bonus damage, wouldn't headshot kills be a possibility? I think it's just latency making one AR stronger than the other, which is how it's always been for me.

Caja 117

Something that should be taken out fron truth are these two side pockets that are in each base, they are hard camping spot and is very common to catch 2 guys campingin in each of these corner, as well as mid lift.

Ramirez

Something that should be taken out fron truth are these two side pockets that are in each base, they are hard camping spot and is very common to catch 2 guys campingin in each of these corner, as well as mid lift.

The areas below the windows? The geometry makes them really cumbersome to navigate, much less use as an advantage in fights. Just nade the areas before rushing in.

The map needs a different weapon to break up power spots since radar is on, the sword is trash, and I don't get people who say it's OP. You can kill people so quickly if you're team shooting, it's never been a deciding factor in games I play and I regularly see it sitting in it's respawn untouched for minutes at a time.

jem0208

I'm not so keen on Truth.

Whenever it's a close match it also seems to devolve into a standoff between the bends and the bases.

Caja 117

The areas below the windows? The geometry makes them really cumbersome to navigate, much less use as an advantage in fights. Just nade the areas before rushing in.

The map needs a different weapon to break up power spots since radar is on, the sword is trash, and I don't get people who say it's OP. You can kill people so quickly if you're team shooting, it's never been a deciding factor in games I play and I regularly see it sitting in it's respawn untouched for minutes at a time.

No, the windows themselves, i think, which were not part of midship original design, people will camp, and if naded, they have an easy escape towards car1 or p1. If you go to atack one side the other guy camping in the other one will kill you, they have view not only inside the base but also sight towards the center and side of the map

Sword isnt a big problem but top mid is a power position and having a lift from botton mid makes top mid almost useless

Madness

Apologies all.

This is me as well. Absolutely hate the killcam. Never liked it in H2A, or Halo for that matter, but it's one of the worst things in this game. Would much rather prefer body death cam to return so that you can see what goes on 5 seconds later etc.

Ramirez

No, the windows themselves, i think, which were not part of midship original design, people will camp, and if naded, they have an easy escape towards car1 or p1. If you go to atack one side the other guy camping in the other one will kill you, they have view not only inside the base but also sight towards the center and side of the map

Sword isnt a big problem but top mid is a power position and having a lift from botton mid makes top mid almost useless

Oh, disagree greatly then. The windows are a great addition, IMO. It allows you to nade the towers from base, jump to mid from base, and actually gives you a fighting chance against breaking a top setup. Also gives you a great vantage point on people going for sword. Remove the windows and your only option is going out the sides of the bases, making you fish in a barrel. This was always a problem on the original Midship in games I played, once a team got control of the top areas, it was incredibly difficult to move out of your base.

If you have control of the towers, why are you pushing into the bases to begin with?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sneaky and Window are my favorite places on Truth. They give great coverage and are fantastic vantage points. My go to on start is jumping to Window, grabbing DMR, and covering sword + bottom mid for anyone rushing.

I love how you can nade people camping in there though to flush them out.

Really well done areas in my opinion.

DeadNames

Banned
Only problem I have with them is the blast radius, it's slightly too big. Make them too weak and they won't even be a factor with the new movement options.

I dunno dude. I got killed by one when I was at 3/4 shields.

Kill cams are annoying. I never know if I traded kills or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom