• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

The end of this clip shows how easily Spartans are blending in with the background. I had NO idea that guy was there until he started shooting me. It's kind of easier to see him while watching it, but I know he's there before hand. When models are across the map on Regret, they basically fade into the shadows, the visual clarity is not good in this game. The crushed blacks only make it worse.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/5560af87-4f4d-4655-a69d-b806864c5acb

Yeah, it's bad. Feels like just reducing the effect of shadows on players would help a lot. Same with weapons.

I'm with Ram, Breakout should be Magnum starts only. I'm also not wild about BRs on the maps. In the games I played the BR players ruled and/or resulted in turtling. I'd also be in favor of shortening the round time to encourage more of a break-neck pace.

I will again beg: 343 PLEASE MAKE PLAYERS MORE VISIBLE!

Deception

I'll be on a bit later, add me, TJ Ram.

I did.

I really life Regret and Eden. Regret plays a bit more fast paced and the hydra in bottom mid creates more interesting scenarios because you can get pushed from 4 directions when you pick it up. Also idk if its just me but I love the power weapon set up on Eden. The sightlines are great for sniping and the sword is actually pretty useful in the cqb. Overall I think I like both of them better than Truth and Empire.

No medal list yet.
We'll have to make our own. So far my standouts that I recall:

Reversal: Get shot first, kill the guy. (Must be full shields?)
Brawler: Win a melee duel?
Longshot: I got it by Magnum killing enemy at spawn from my spawn, on Truth.
Topgun: First to 10 kills on your team I think.
Last shot: Kill an enemy with the last round of a magazine.
Clusterluck: Two or more kills with one grenade
Hat Trick: Three headshot kills in a life
Perfect: Kill an enemy, full shields, with least amount of bullets possible.

I'm glad comeback medal was axed. If I knew what the other medals meant I could weigh in on them.

Last shot is my favourite so far. It does what the Close call medal tries to do and does it better. Really lets you know you got by ever so barely.

Deception

No medal list yet.

I'm glad comeback medal was axed. If I knew what the other medals meant I could weigh in on them.

Last shot is my favourite so far. It does what the Close call medal tries to do and does it better. Really lets you know you got by ever so barely.

Longshot is just getting a killing from long range with a non sniper.

RowdyReverb

No medal list yet.

I've gotten Hard Target a few times. I think it's surviving a specified number of close calls in one life.

My friend said he got a bxr medal.anyone else get it?
Is that Gun Punch?

Computer

Eden is a shit map. What is with the visuals of this game? It as if they dont want us to see wtf we are trying to shoot. Everything is dark and hazy looking. It has this soft light to it that just looks bad. Take H2A visuals add them to H5 thank you in advance. Eden is a huge cluster fuck of ramps, ledges, and rooms to camp in. Halo needs simple maps, clean look, less clutter, and a good flow.

Zabant

Eden is a shit map. What is with the visuals of this game? It as if they dont want us to see wtf we are trying to shoot. Everything is dark and hazy looking. It has this soft light to it that just looks bad. Take H2A visuals add them to H5 thank you in advance. Eden is a huge cluster fuck of ramps, ledges, and rooms to camp in. Halo needs simple maps, clean look, less clutter, and a good flow.

I actually like all the maps apart from crossfire, which looks like something a 14 year old whipped up in forge.

I'm mixed on BR/Magnum starts because while yes, you can just use the BR and be successful like how most people will play lol, but the Magnum is not good enough to keep as a secondary so I actively seek out a replacement. Replacing the Magnum with an AR, for example, and having the BR was a great combination, but at the same time it may devolve into BR fests too much to bother with BR starts, so it may be better for everyone with a beefed up Magnum for AR/Magnum spawns.
  • BR/Magnum spawns there's still a reason to replace the Magnum for a better weapon.
  • BR/AR spawns would translate to not picking up other weapons.
  • AR/Magnum spawns are not effective enough.
My ideal spawn: AR/Magnum as a 4-5sk with increased Red Reticle Range.

Computer

H5 BR and DMR feel like the same gun other then rate of fire. The BR need more personality. It dose not feel like a traditional Halo BR.

dwells

You can break out of the map with the spectate cam on Empire or whatever it is. Once you're outside the play area, the color filter turns off. Map looks better without it.

The whole skybox is rendered in 3D and you can get out to it. Kinda cool.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Granadier, the Team Player

jMDZJgA.png

dwells

Thirty minutes now with a friend of mine and we havent gotten into a single game of Halo 5. Can 343i just straight up not handle parties, dedicated servers, joining players, or any combination of those three? Like I know it's a beta, but its 0 for 2 nonetheless.

DeadNames

Banned
You can break out of the map with the spectate cam on Empire or whatever it is. Once you're outside the play area, the color filter turns off. Map looks better without it.

The whole skybox is rendered in 3D and you can get out to it. Kinda cool.

This makes me so happy. I loved Bungie's awesome skyboxes, I'm glad 343 is using actual models instead of compressed .jpgs.

Haruko

Trying to play some H2A or CE or anything on MCC matchmaking, for the first time since beta started...

Cannot get a single match to load. Sessions full, Failed to Connect, etc etc. We saw some other gamertags show up briefly, but not enough to reach minimum player count. And then that lobby fell apart too. That last patch sure seems to have undone some things.

at least I finally have Beamish. He's even making the same face that I do when matchmaking fails

DeadNames

Banned
Why are the kids I get paired with ALWAYS SO GOD DAMN TRASH??????

Holy shit I cannot win a game! All these kids do is die!

Anyways, I don't like the hydra very much. It feels really weak.

Mix

GGs zoojoo and Rev3rb, had a lot of fun.

I really like Eden. I don't know what it is but its much more fun than empire.

Regret is just as good as Truth but for different reasons. I like them both for different reasons.

The hydra is fun but weird, still not used to it yet.

Breakout is fun, but doesn't fit well into the sandbox, especially with how op the SMG is. As ram said, maybe with a pistol only spawn it would be more fun but right now I'm not 100% on board.

BR spawn feels so much better too. I've been a bit off the last couple of games but its been laggy as hell. Idk, hopefully it's a bit better for me tomorrow.

Overall, I still love the game. It's been a long time since I've had this much fun in Halo.

Chitown B

The end of this clip shows how easily Spartans are blending in with the background. I had NO idea that guy was there until he started shooting me. It's kind of easier to see him while watching it, but I know he's there before hand. When models are across the map on Regret, they basically fade into the shadows, the visual clarity is not good in this game. The crushed blacks only make it worse.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/5560af87-4f4d-4655-a69d-b806864c5acb

Bulltrue, biiiiitch.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/9c01446b-95f1-452e-9660-1e12130ab2c9

I swear you were arguing with me that you can't see shit on Eden. Maybe it was someone else.

DeadNames

Banned
15-9 me
10-15
4-11
4-15

Fucking really? Literally every game is this shit. Its coming to a point where it's unenjoyable.

Eden is a really solid map. With the removal of some geometry it could be really solid.

RowdyReverb

15-9 me
10-15
4-11
4-15

Fucking really? Literally every game is this shit. Its coming to a point where it's unenjoyable.
Try to look at the bright side. As your rank decreases and other players settle into their ranks, you could get paired with opponents who are as bad as your teammates, making you a god amongst men. From there you could rise through the ranks to the rank you truly deserve (in theory, if you keep playing long enough)

Just played a game 1v4 on regret and every player had a hydra. I went 5 and 31
Did you get -30 performance points for not overcoming the challenge and besting your enemies single-handedly?

Mix

Try to look at the bright side. As your rank decreases and other players settle into their ranks, you could get paired with opponents who are as bad as your teammates, making you a god amongst men. From there you could rise through the ranks to the rank you truly deserve (in theory, if you keep playing long enough)

Did you get -30 performance points for not overcoming the challenge and besting your enemies single-handedly?
Lol I only lost 12 points but honestly, any more than like 5 is too many in a situation like that IMO. I was gold 2 and they were all onyx except for the one gold 3.

Deception

Br starts make a world of a difference. I've literally only gone negative once while lone wolfing it and +5 at least in every game with a team.

Siphorus

Looking for some people to play competitively with in slayer (I'm semi pro going for more rating), if you want to join message me! I can also join your party as well.
GT:Siphorus

ultimota

the fact i can search with 4 OTHER AUSTRALIANS and STILL get put in an international server is messed up the update did not fix it whats the point in a ranking system when matches are actively effected by players being matched onto the wrong servers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom