• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to test this again, since it was accidentally done the first time and I forgot to record, but last week I'm pretty sure I sniped a frag that was on it's spawn point on Empire, and it blew up. It did not seem to blow up the 2nd frag at that spawn.

It worked that way in Halo 3 as well, but I'm not sure if it carried over to Reach or 4.

Caja 117

I vaguely remember people arguing this before.
Looks like the one guy was right all along.

Yeah, I mentioned this 2 days ago, but I was told it wasn't like this, lol

Weird that the guys of 343 didn't mentioned this before, this is as big of a change in Halo mechanics as ADS. and it shouldn't be there, there is no skill required to shoot in the head at someone with a spray type of weapon, in the other hand BR and DMR usually dominates in their respective range.

It worked that way in Halo 3 as well, but I'm not sure if it carried over to Reach or 4.

Reach had it, I dont mind having this shoot nades stuff, just make the hitbox on the nades very small to reduce it occurrence, in Halo 3 you could shoot nades in the air too, but it was almost impossible to hit.

It's pretty hilarious how that works. I mean, I get why for gameplay reasons, but that logic tho.

"GRENADES CAN BE DETONATED BY BULLETS"

"BUT NOT EXPLOSIONS"

FyreWulff

It's pretty hilarious how that works. I mean, I get why for gameplay reasons, but that logic tho.

"GRENADES CAN BE DETONATED BY BULLETS"

"BUT NOT EXPLOSIONS"

p much

it was hilarious in PD when someone would die, and they had mines and grenades on them, they'd drop all of their mines and guns

dropped mines are treated as actual in-game mines

so you'd kill someone with an automatic, they'd die and you'd trigger their mines to explode, killing yourself

Ampoc

Neo Member

I loved the ending to the actual series. It was dark, and left me shocked for a little bit after. It was great. I'll still give this a try though.

Also, I'm pretty sure JonCJG is working on an 8th season, he already published a few songs for it on his soundcloud and he already said he was pondering the idea of creating an 8th season so yeah.

I loved the ending to the actual series. It was dark, and left me shocked for a little bit after. It was great. I'll still give this a try though.

Also, I'm pretty sure JonCJG is working on an 8th season, he already published a few songs for it on his soundcloud and he already said he was pondering the idea of creating an 8th season so yeah.
Just read up on that, sounds interesting, but shows that come back for "just one more season" strike me as kind of weird, and he makes good points on the legal weirdness of crowdfunding something like that

Besides Elites for playable mp characters in h5, I would like Prometheans instead. Not the fugly robot monster things, but the real ones in the flesh wearing their battlesuits.
Halo_4_Terminal_Still_08.jpg

jem0208

Yeah, I don't really like Breakout... I really don't understand why they went with the lower shields. The TTK is already very fast in 5, no point making it even faster.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Apparently Big Game Hunter medal is for killing two people that hold power weapons without dying.

m23

Yeah, I don't really like Breakout... I really don't understand why they went with the lower shields. The TTK is already very fast in 5, no point making it even faster.

It's an elimination type mode, if everyone had full shields it would pretty much be impossible in a 3v1 or even 2v1 situation.

Finally back at my apartment and downloading the beta, hope some of you peeps will carry me. Gamertag same as username for those up for it who I don't have already.

Ramirez

Finally back at my apartment and downloading the beta, hope some of you peeps will carry me. Gamertag same as username for those up for it who I don't have already.

Carrying is hard to do in this game. It really isn't kind to groups of mixed skill levels, but I guess that's the point of a ranking system, heh.

You should be able to clamber into other Spartans. We could get leapfrog customs going!

Also, fun fact: you don't slide off the heads of your teammates in this game. Sprinting / thrusting will knock you off, but idling / running won't make you slip.

Bonus fun fact: jumping off a teammate's head gives you just enough leverage to pull off a ground pound.

Granadier

You should be able to clamber into other Spartans. We could get leapfrog customs going!

Also, fun fact: you don't slide off the heads of your teammates in this game. Sprinting / thrusting will knock you off, but idling / running won't make you slip.

Bonus fun fact: jumping off a teammate's head gives you just enough leverage to pull off a ground pound.

Can you jump off a teammate's head midair?

If so, I can picture some pretty awesome trick jumps using the thruster boost jump.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
Can you jump off a teammate's head midair?

If so, I can picture some pretty awesome trick jumps using the thruster boost jump.

I've only ever managed it once in a game, and it was against someone that was not good, but it is possible to jump onto an opponent's head, jump off and then initiate a Ground Pound for the kill.

😳

It happened in Breakout and it was MAGNIFICENT.

tootsi666

I've only ever managed it once in a game, and it was against someone that was not good, but it is possible to jump onto an opponent's head, jump off and then initiate a Ground Pound for the kill.

😳

So, against Frankie?

Granadier

😳

"Xbox, record that."

I hope this happens again, because I want to see that shit.

Carrying is hard to do in this game. It really isn't kind to groups of mixed skill levels, but I guess that's the point of a ranking system, heh.
It's difficult in this game because of the thruster allowing for quick escapes. I frequently have teammates that put up at least -12 bombs.. something something motion tracker something something

Perhaps if a teammate is like -10 in a match, the game should put a big ass STOP DYING! under their health bar until they get a few kills. I'm serious about this, there needs to be a warning to tell those players to JUST. F*$^%&G. STOP. or perhaps make these players invisible on the radar lmfao

i cry evertim

Granadier

I don't see your updated avatar yet. People aren't going to know how much you hate motion tracker.

Been thinking about motion tracker after playing Breakout and I realised I miss it. Not because I couldn't see where the enemies were. It's because I often use it to keep track of where my teammates are then position myself accordingly. I actually found it a lot more difficult to be a team player in Breakout because I was constantly having to look around to see where my team mates are.

There should be indicator above a teammates head to show you where they are. Halo 2 used emblems to show you where teammates were. Halo 3 had the service tag, and also had arrows pointing in a certain direction if you weren't facing them.

No radar doesn't affect this portion. Maybe making it more noticeable would help.

tootsi666

It's difficult in this game because of the thruster allowing for quick escapes. I frequently have teammates that put up at least -12 bombs.. something something motion tracker something something

Perhaps if a teammate is like -10 in a match, the game should put a big ass STOP DYING! under their health bar until they get a few kills. I'm serious about this, there needs to be a warning to tell those players to JUST. F*$^%&G. STOP. or perhaps make these players invisible on the radar lmfao

i cry evertim
Deathstreaks is the answer. Overshield if you die 5 times in a row.

It's even more impossible in this game because of the thruster allowing for quick escapes lol. I frequently have teammates that put up at least -12 bombs.. something something motion tracker something something

i cry evertim

Yes, they should have deathstreaks.

-5, invisible on radar.

-10, spawn with an overshield.

-15, spawn with Prophets' Bane.

I'm totally being facetious
or am I?

jem0208

There should be indicator above a teammates head to show you where they are. Halo 2 used emblems to show you where teammates were. Halo 3 had the service tag, and also had arrows pointing in a certain direction if you weren't facing them.

No radar doesn't affect this portion. Maybe making it more noticeable would help.
5 has this as well though. The problem is that to see where your allies are you have to look up and around at your surroundings. Which is annoying because if an enemy come around the corner whilst you're looking the opposite direction to see where your teammates are you're screwed. Checking your radar requires a quick glance and gives you all the info you need.

Teammate only radar then

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was suggesting. However we know it's never going to happen so I thought making enemies only visible when they shoot or sprint would be a good compromise. Especially because it gives another slight disadvantage to sprinting around everywhere, which everyone seems to be complaining about.

5 has this as well though. The problem is that to see where your allies are you have to look up and around at your surroundings. Which is annoying because if an enemy come around the corner whilst you're looking the opposite direction to see where your teammates are you're screwed. Checking your radar requires a quick glance and gives you all the info you need.

Teammate only radar then

CliQ

Breakout should be pistols only no brs on map. The game type would play a lot slower. No nades either. Would love to see that version.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was suggesting. However we know it's never going to happen so I thought making enemies only visible when they shoot or sprint would be a good compromise. Especially because it gives another slight disadvantage to sprinting around everywhere, which everyone seems to be complaining about.

The difference is that the past halos had two ways of showing you where a teammate was. It had the service tag/emblem if they were in your line of sight and had arrows if they weren't in your line of sight.

Halo 5 has the service tag if they're on your line of sight, but doesn't have arrows if they are outside your line of sight. They do however have a white dot on the edge of your radar if they go outside your radars range. So if a teammate is behind you and outside your radars range, it will show up on the bottom of your radar, but on the edge indicating that he's behind you.

jqEpdRsTOU5pt.png

jKMI7MEMFDEUq.png

Notice the white dots on the edge of the radar showing teammates are to the left, but outside the radar's range. No arrows.
jZdyeTN1g5fx9.png

When the radar is taken away like in Breakout, it no longer has two ways of showing you where a teammate is meaning you can only know where teammates are if they are in your line of sight.

jcABbFn9V8TlI.png

That's not the no radar mechanic's fault. It's 343s fault for making you rely on the radar for a teammates position more so than past Halos.

I don't see your updated avatar yet. People aren't going to know how much you hate motion tracker.
The motion tracker's disabled on it, duh.
hahahah nice, I just created three versions!

MO1ropF.png
IaZSF0x.png
6u1jbC4.png

Teammate only radar then
^Here ya go jem, solutions for ya problems. Trust us, you don't need enemies on your motion tracker to do well in Halo. Your mind games will improve drastically without depending on it, something I believe is underestimated when trying to hand-hold players with motion tracker.
Breakout should be pistols only no brs on map. The game type would play a lot slower. No nades either. Would love to see that version.
Don't worry dawg, Custom Games
Browser
;]

jem0208

The difference is that the past halos had two ways of showing you where a teammate was. It had the service tag/emblem if they were in your line of sight and had arrows if they weren't in your line of sight.

Halo 5 has the service tag if they're on your line of sight, but doesn't have arrows if they are outside your line of sight. They do however have a white dot on the edge of your radar if they go outside your radars range. So if a teammate is behind you and outside your radars range, it will show up on the bottom of your radar, but on the edge indicating that he's behind you.

When the radar is taken away like in Breakout, it no longer has two ways of showing you where a teammate is meaning you can only know where teammates are if they are in your line of sight.

That's not the no radar mechanic's fault. It's 343s fault for making you rely on the radar for a teammates position more so than past Halos.

Eh, arrows are okay but they don't give you a lot of info. They give you a general direction but not the position, or how far away they are. I'd rather have team only radar for Breakout.

Also there's enough visual clutter in 5 already. Adding spinning arrows everywhere would be annoying.

^Here ya go jem, solutions for ya problems. Trust us, you don't need enemies on your motion tracker to do well in Halo. Your mind games will improve drastically without depending on it, something I believe is underestimated when trying to hand-hold players with motion tracker.

Oh, I agree that not having enemies on radar would be better. It's just never going to happen... I was trying to think of a compromise that might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom