• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

Thanks 343i for letting us know when the next MCC patch is out and thanks for killing Halo MP for me. You did a great job, so far.

And what's up with people saying Halo 5 being already better than Halo 3... What the fuck is wrong with people? I mean, you can have your opinion, but stating it as a fact is straight up ridiculous. It sounds like those people don't even recognize Halo anymore.

Please fix the MCC, so I don't have to give a shit about Halo 5 anymore. Thanks...

What happened?

My guess is the digital foundry H5 Thread.

Oh geez.

Oh geez.

Oh geez.

Because she is a very talented programmer? Where are you going with this?

What? Are you being deliberately dense?

If you took the effort to actually read my post, you noticed that it shows the Halo 4’s graphics engineering credits. it was a team effort, and most of that staff is still at 343.

The nonsense here has been your backhanded obnoxious posting.

Good god, you're pathetic.

That you felt that it was an attack is laughable. It's a lack of understanding that's your issue.

You're a troll. Just awful.

That I think she is and still is a talented programmer? What are trying to highlight with those posts? You're fishing here for something that is not there.

This has to be the most insane thing I’ve read all day. For somebody saying that they are being attacked, you seem to be doing all the attacking, and most of it is made up out of thin air to justify it. So, you imply by me saying that it was a “group effort” that I diminish her efforts. Key thing here is: you imply. You made it all up to justify that logic.

If you’ve actually been reading, I’ve never said any of the things you accuse me of, to contrary I’ve said twice that she is very talented programmer and both times you’ve dismissed those posts. You’ve highlighted posts about my respect for her, but somehow made the leap of logic to imply that I’ve somehow now see her as a lesser—which again is something you’ve chocked up in your head. I have never diminished her efforts regardless of what company she works for, but somehow you see it that way. Which is more a problem of yours than mine.

I’ve never seen somebody used such twisted logic to justify this obnoxious trolling.

VinFTW

He wasn't wrong. Corrine Yu had just a part to do with Halo 4 looking so good. It always annoys me people give her all the credit when there are other people who are truly talented on the 343 team.

I'm not saying she did nothing, but she was just one part of a team. Her leaving doesn't mean Halo 5 will look bad.

IMO, Halo 5 will be mind blowing graphics-wise come release.

RowdyReverb

He wasn't wrong. Corrine Yu had little to do with Halo 4 looking so good. It always annoys me people give her all the credit when there are other people who are truly talented on the 343 team.

I'm not saying she did nothing, but she was just one part of a team. Her leaving doesn't mean Halo 5 will look bad.

IMO, Halo 5 will be mind blowing graphics-wise come release.
How did the narrative that Yu made H4 a graphics powerhouse come about? I hadn't heard of her until the thread about her going to ND, but I hadn't really been paying attention I guess

VinFTW

How did the narrative that Yu made H4 a graphics powerhouse come about? I hadn't heard of her until the thread about her going to ND, but I hadn't really been paying attention I guess

Some guy said something like "I bet they miss Corrine Yu so badly" or something implying she was the sole reason 343i was so graphically/technically competent.

Also implied that the beta is a good way to judge how Halo 5 will look/perform.

jem0208

I only heard of it when she left to go to ND...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just people trying to look for ways to say 343 is doomed and that they suck.

RowdyReverb

Some guy said something like "I bet they miss Corrine Yu so badly" or something implying she was the sole reason 343i was so graphically/technically competent.

Also implied that the beta is a good way to judge how Halo 5 will look/perform.
Oh, I meant prior to the thread, in general. How did she come to attain "wizard" status among enthusiasts?

Madness

Oh, I meant prior to the thread, in general. How did she come to attain "wizard" status among enthusiasts?

Because this is NeoGAF and she went to Naughty Dog, a Sony exclusive studio. They can do no wrong ever, and everything about them should be the best. While she is highly capable and it was a big loss for 343, it's crazy how so many think she singlehandedly was responsible for what was largely a team effort.

Who are these people and why are they allowed to play in MM?
SdivWaC.png

X5hYZOi.png

The three in the second one were teamkilling me and I managed to boot them when the score was 44 - 47

VinFTW

I have to admit... I really am starting to believe no motion tracker would do wonders for this game. Noobs who don't use it will have less of a disadvantage (still not as skilled) and high level players won't be using it as a crutch.

If anything, like a 4 quadrant radar would be nice. Which ever direction an enemy might be it'll light up (sort of like a more simplistic Destiny radar). If not, completely remove it.

I know it's scary to think about as a 343i developr, but it could really make gameplay far more exciting. I've seen a lot of people praise the no radar in breakout (I know it's different, but still).

jem0208

I have to admit... I really am starting to believe no motion tracker would do wonders for this game. Noobs who don't use it will have less of a disadvantage (still not as skilled) and high level players won't be using it as a crutch.

If anything, like a 4 quadrant radar would be nice. Which ever direction an enemy might be it'll light up (sort of like a more simplistic Destiny radar). If not, completely remove it.

I know it's scary to think about as a 343i developr, but it could really make gameplay far more exciting. I've seen a lot of people praise the no radar in breakout (I know it's different, but still).

#teamonlyradar

I still think the benefits it gives to teamwork are massive.

jem0208

No radar would require more teamwork though...
It would require more communication, which is essentially non-existant. Having the radar means you can see where your teammates are and can position yourself accordingly, much more easily move as a team and generally coordinate better.

Having the radar allows for more teamwork.

VinFTW

It would require more communication, which is essentially non-existant. Having the radar means you can see where your teammates are and can position yourself accordingly, much more easily move as a team and generally coordinate better.

No dude... Having no radar requires more teamwork.. I mean.. come on. Just bring back the Halo 2/3 tags that show the emblem or service tag of your team-mates with yellow/orange/red on your screen.

Madness

Whenever I use the radar, it's to get pinpoint accuracy for where the enemy is. Hardly ever have I used it to find where a teammate is, especially if I'm playing with randoms. I think you're definitely overstating the benefits it gives to teamwork as opposed to basically telling you where every enemy/vehicle is in a wide radius and multiple elevations.

jem0208

Makes aggressive maneuvers harder and encourages camping. But it benefits teamwork because you see your teammates on radar. Yeah...

#teamonlyradar

I still think the benefits it gives to teamwork are massive.

No dude... Having no radar requires more teamwork.. I mean.. come on. Just bring back the Halo 2/3 tags that show the emblem or service tag of your team-mates with yellow/orange/red on your screen.

There's a difference between team work and communication. No radar means you have to communicate more with you team to effectively coordinate yourselves as a team. Knowing where your team mates are is integral to team work. Now having no radar would be perfect if people actually communicated. However hardly anyone does communicate, and most of the time those who do don't communicate effectively.

As for the icon method, I have a few problems with it:

- increased visual clutter: 5 is already very visually cluttered, having arrows spinning around at the edge of your screen just makes that worse.

- less info: radar shows the position, direction and distance from you to your team mates. Icons show the direction only.

- ease of obtaining info: to find out where your teammates are with radar it takes one glance to the bottom corner of your screen. To accurately see the direction of your team mates with icons you have to actually look around, forcing you to look away from where enemies may be etc.

Also, are there any problems with having team only radars?

Whenever I use the radar, it's to get pinpoint accuracy for where the enemy is. Hardly ever have I used it to find where a teammate is, especially if I'm playing with randoms. I think you're definitely overstating the benefits it gives to teamwork as opposed to basically telling you where every enemy/vehicle is in a wide radius and multiple elevations.

Not everyone may do, but I use it all the time for seeing the position of my team. I sorely missed it in Breakout because of this.

VinFTW

Jem, I don't have the patience to argue with you and I won't go the route of insulting you. I just can't believe you think no radar means less team work when it's literally the defining aspect of every major e-sports shooter.

jem0208

Jem, I don't have the patience to argue with you and I won't go the route of insulting you. I just can't believe you think no radar means less team work when it's literally the defining aspect of every major e-sports shooter.

I'm not saying no radar means less team work. I'm saying it means a lot more communication is required, and because no one communicates it means actual team coordination is reduced.

Also, I imagine removing the radar in mlg etc. Is more to do with being able to see the enemies, not your team mates. Also having a radar in upper level competitive games is less necessary because people are communicating. The problem lies when you're solo queuing in standard MM.

Sorry. I thought that you meant you support radar only team, not teammate only radar.
It's 5am

It's fine, it's 3:25 for me... Not being able to sleep sucks.

DeadNames

Banned
Has anyone else gotten a medal with a little nuclear symbol? I got one and I have no idea what it is.

I also got my first overkill exterm! Woohoo!

Keep radar as is. Change for diff gametypes only. It makes you aware of your movements and helps battle against camping.
image.php

What's more effective for a camper, not being able to see through walls or being able to see through walls?

What's more effective for a camper, sitting in a position where their only chance to find people is to actively search for them, exposing their position (which actually wouldn't make them a camper), or sitting behind a wall and poking out only when they think it's safe while watching the red dots move around them?

Please, let us have this discussion. People who want motion tracker to remain as is just drop that bomb and disappear, leaving those who form arguments against it eagerly awaiting an interesting discussion.

dwells

I've never had a huge issue with motion tracker, but with the way Halo 5 plays it has to go. It makes people so campy and slows gameplay down dramatically.

Blueblur1

Since the Carbine will be in the final game I wonder what other Covenant weapons will be in... It'd be nice to have the Plasma Rifle or Repeater back along with the rest of the Covie weapons.

Omni

I've never had a huge issue with motion tracker, but with the way Halo 5 plays it has to go. It makes people so campy and slows gameplay down dramatically.
Which is exactly what happens when you remove motion tracker and play with people who aren't in full parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom