• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowdyReverb

I keep finding myself strangely drawn to Breakout. It seems like it would be such a dumb game, but I have fun with it and enjoy the quick, round-based games. It's getting better too now that people are getting the hang of it. There are fewer mad dashes to the same places every round and more searching for perfect angles and sight lines.

Fuchsdh

I keep finding myself strangely drawn to Breakout. It seems like it would be such a dumb game, but I have fun with it and enjoy the quick, round-based games. It's getting better too now that people are getting the hang of it. There are fewer mad dashes to the same places every round and more searching for perfect angles and sight lines.

Every game I've played there's been at least one guy who sprints to a blind corner and goes into eternal ground pound preparation. Is there not a limit on how long you can stabilize? Because there probably should be.

RowdyReverb

Every game I've played there's been at least one guy who sprints to a blind corner and goes into eternal ground pound preparation. Is there not a limit on how long you can stabilize? Because there probably should be.
Every game? That's oddly specific behavior, and I haven't encountered it yet. Sure you weren't playing with the same guy?

VinFTW

Ohhhh, do tell.

HaloGAF twitter lol

iAWFMc4

http://imgur.com/iAWFMc4

All I did was report the news

-_-

Chitown B

What does "planning attacks" even mean in that context? You need a motion tracker to even know what you want to do? No motion tracker allows you to flank teams that are unaware of their surroundings. Isn't that a way to plan an attack?

I don't know about you, but I can still plan my attacks without radar. I can nade in advance, have a plan to hold a certain position on the map either for the position alone or to get a better chance at locking down a power weapon, and I can certainly choose when to push on a team without radar.

You can't nade in advance if you can see where they are. You waste nades and then you're sans nades. Depending how open the map is, it's very likely you'll have no idea where the other team even is unless you have sight lines to them. Radar is a way to have awareness of the other team's position through walls. I don't know why this is hard to understand.

VinFTW

Still think a map that shifts around every round would be amazing for breakout... Kind of like that one Pokemon gym in one of the movies or episodes :p

Welfare

Since the Carbine will be in the final game I wonder what other Covenant weapons will be in... It'd be nice to have the Plasma Rifle or Repeater back along with the rest of the Covie weapons.

I'd say what we have left to see:

Carbine
Plasma rifle
Storm Rifle
Plasma pistol
Hammer
Concussion Rifle
Fuel Rod
Binary Rifle
Maybe a new weapon. Maybe

RowdyReverb

Spectating the last man standing in a 1v4 round of Breakout reminds me of Reach's epilogue. The other team closes in like damn sharks

Still think a map that shifts around every round would be amazing for breakout... Kind of like that one Pokemon gym in one of the movies or episodes :p
Or what about moving geometry during the round? Like, high ground and low ground swap heights 45 seconds in.

Omni

So Regret...

It's a beautiful map. Love the art design. But what the hell is up with the call outs? I noticed that one of them was like "red two"... But there was nothing actually red about the area I was in. Hell there's nothing red on the entire map. There's no visual indicators and everything looks the same. Unless I'm just missing something. You tell me that someone has rockets on "red two" and I'm going to have no idea where the hell you're trying to point me

Also, speaking of maps. What is up with these variants of Midship and Empire? Is there a reason for it? I mean if every map had multiple options that would be cool. But if these counts as actual 'maps' and we only get the usual 10 or so at launch then it will be a little disappointing.

RowdyReverb

[tweet] https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/551603665304166401 [/tweet]

Ryan is gonna casual-ize Halo 5
Still like that idea someone floated about different rules at different ranks. I didn't really take that much issue with AR starts because there were typically plentiful BRs and DMRs lying about that give me an advantage over players with ARs, but I get where BR start fans are coming from.

So Regret...

It's a beautiful map. Love the art design. But what the hell is up with the call outs? I noticed that one of them was like "red two"... But there was nothing actually red about the area I was in. Hell there's nothing red on the entire map. There's no visual indicators and everything looks the same. Unless I'm just missing something. You tell me that someone has rockets on "red two" and I'm going to have no idea where the hell you're trying to point me

Also, speaking of maps. What is up with these variants of Midship and Empire? Is there a reason for it? I mean if every map had multiple options that would be cool. But if these counts as actual 'maps' and we only get the usual 10 or so at launch then it will be a little disappointing.
I'm probably being crazy over optimistic, but I'm hoping that they are going to make a big reveal that Forge allows that degree of customization

Went 1o/1o Pooped on plenty of Onyx and Gold kids all day.

Get Silver 2.

Dude got paid way too much to make this garbage system. Bring back 1-50s. Halo is dead.

AR starts are garbage.

Shit is Halo 1o1.

Hire Juices.

Welfare

Still like that idea someone floated about different rules at different ranks. I didn't really take that much issue with AR starts because there were typically plentiful BRs and DMRs lying about that give me an advantage over players with ARs, but I get where BR start fans are coming from.

The ranking system would need to be perfect in terms of matching within the same division for this to work.

If it did, then that could work. AR and radar starts for your placement matches and if you are in Iron and Bronze, then BR starts for Silver, than no radar for Gold and up.

RowdyReverb

Went 1o/1o Pooped on plenty of Onyx and Gold kids all day.

Get Silver 2.

Dude got paid way too much to make this garbage system. Bring back 1-50s. Halo is dead.

AR starts are garbage.

Shit is Halo 1o1.

Hire Juices.
Keep popping on gold and onyx kids and you'll move up. Also helps to play with non-random teammates with mics

Omni

I'm probably being crazy over optimistic, but I'm hoping that they are going to make a big reveal that Forge allows that degree of customization

Isn't that Breakout map Forge? I forget its name. But it looks more of the same. Just prettier /shrug

Would be nice though. At the very least, time of day changes would be amazing

Deception

Isn't that Breakout map Forge? I forget its name. But it looks more of the same. Just prettier /shrug

Would be nice though. At the very least, time of day changes would be amazing
On the Breakout maps I kind of hints at terrain editing done the map has slopes and inclines on the floor.

RowdyReverb

I just realized that when using the LR, it can be helpful to zoom out after you've landed two shots to drop shields. Your fire rate increases, giving you more opportunities to land the killing headshot.

BR starts nullify the pistol and other weapons on the map. I prefer it to be a weapon you need to find a pick up.

AR starts were way more fun for me and the flow of the matches were more organic and dynamic.

I stopped playing the Beta due to BR starts. I enjoy it for sure but I miss the way it played before.

I'm frankly sick of halo being all about the BR. I have played 4000+ hours of MLG so I have a valid opinion ;)

That's all I use to play =P

Impala26

BR starts nullify the pistol and other weapons on the map. I prefer it to be a weapon you need to find a pick up.

AR starts were way more fun for me and the flow of the matches were more organic and dynamic.

I stopped playing the Beta due to BR starts. I enjoy it for sure but I miss the way it played before.

I'm frankly sick of halo being all about the BR. I have played 4000+ hours of MLG so I have a valid opinion ;)

That's all I use to play =P

Time was your ally, Fahz. But now it has abandoned you.
The BRs... have returned.
XD

Welfare

Why should we spawn with a weapon that gets dropped right after spawn? The AR is just not a good enough weapon to pick up when you already have a BR. That's not the BR's fault, that's the AR being a crap weapon. If players won't pick up the weapon on the map and will only use it because you spawned with it, you have a problem.

DJ Gunner

Then it needs to be AR/BR start.

This doesn't solve the issue. There is a significant subset of Halo players that cannot use a pistol/BR/DMR effectively. Putting them up against people who can creates the disconnect. With AR/BR starts, those who prefer ARs will use them and if they go against a team who prefer BRs...well, you already know the outcome of that match.

Basically, AR users prefer to play against other AR users.

Overdoziz

Banned
All these terrible players want AR starts and sprint and cod and ads and jetpack and god knows what let us at least spawn with a br already christ its been over 10 years

Ghazi

All these terrible players want AR starts and sprint and cod and ads and jetpack and god knows what let us at least spawn with a br already christ its been over 10 years

Yeah, but juices got silver so clearly the game is for casuals.

A big problem is that now all the maps have been designed for sprint and thruster and everything else. Meaning that classic settings with no sprint and other mobility options will make the maps play terribly because they'll all be huge.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
This doesn't solve the issue. There is a significant subset of Halo players that cannot use a pistol/BR/DMR effectively. Putting them up against people who can creates the disconnect. With AR/BR starts, those who prefer ARs will use them and if they go against a team who prefer BRs...well, you already know the outcome of that match.

Basically, AR users prefer to play against other AR users.

Sucks to be them. There is absolutely no reason to default to "them." However, giving AR/BR starts allows them to have their AR and those who want BR can have it as well. AR is viable in this game, don't act like it isn't.

By your logic you may as well remove BR/DMR/LR from maps too to keep these people happy.

Edit: Havoke made fun of me

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom