• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defect

My issue with the ranking system is getting unranked players on my team when playing a pro match. You should only be able to find people who are actually close to your rank.

Should have been AR/BR starts years ago so this silly argument could die in a fire.

Hire Juices.
No.
My ideal Halo 5 would be AR / Pistol starts. Increase the damage of the pistol to a five shot, increase its range, and make the BR a pickup. That would allow for a more dynamic match.

EDIT:
Also lol at the arguement of no one picking up anything else with BR starts in Halo 5. Halo 5 sandbox is the best its been in a long time.

With AR starts I always dump the AR for the first precision rifle I see.

With BR starts I switch out my pistol for an AR or SMG if I want a safe and easy weapon to get kills with in close range.
Why in games with AR starts do you switch the AR for a BR instead of the Magnum when you'd switch the Magnum with an AR in BR starts?

You just admitted the Magnum isn't that great and is the weapon you want to replace all the time. I think the solution to this problem is right there.

tootsi666

My issue with the ranking system is getting unranked players on my team when playing a pro match. You should only be able to find people who are actually close to your rank.
This. Problem would obviously be Semi-Pros/Pros partying up with their low ranked/unranked friends.

Tawpgun

No.

EDIT:
Why in games with AR starts do you switch the AR for a BR instead of the Magnum when you'd switch the Magnum with an AR in BR starts?

You just admitted the Magnum isn't that great and is the weapon you want to replace all the time. I think the solution to this problem is right there.

Nah, I love the mangum. It's a trade off I make sometimes.

Do I keep the magnum for the quick switch clean up kill? Or do I trade it for the AR which is an eays kill in close range

Madness

I'd love to see a 2nd series of The Sprint, and have the focus of at least one episode be the beta, with the team interpreting the player feedback and metric feedback.

I wouldn't mind a ton of more Sprint episodes. I really liked them. Hopefully they aren't too intrusive or expensive to make, otherwise I'd hope they keep making them. Maybe they can do another series that focuses near E3 reveal time, the campaign, and stuff they took from beta etc. And then another just before launch.

I just hope they aren't stubborn like they have been towards sprint with other areas of the game. Game isn't bad from what I've played from the beta, just hope feedback is incorporated.

-----
I'd be fine with BR/AR start.

I don't think they'll really listen to much design decision feedback. People keep saying we're a vocal minority, but take any Halo community, Halo Pros, basically people who play Halo, poll them on whether they want sprint, they want ADS and killcams, and you'll see they don't want any of that. And yet, that's in the game. So far, I've yet to see any reason for why ADS is in the game beyond that they want the CoD crowd. I've yet to see any benefit offered from a game play standpoint over classic zoom. Most I've played with or talked with, just tolerate it "I don't mind the ADS since it's not CoD ADS".

Once beta ends, I'll probably post my thoughts in Elzar's feedback thread.

Nah, I love the mangum. It's a trade off I make sometimes.

Do I keep the magnum for the quick switch clean up kill? Or do I trade it for the AR which is an eays kill in close range
AR can't clean up kills? I think it's more effective than the Magnum in all areas: CQC, range because the Magnum has none and we see how effective the AR has become, cleaning kills, clearing out spaces by spraying bullets (literally can feel like a wall of bullets you don't want to mess with), kills faster more consistently, easier to use, etc.

Even watching pro streams they do the same thing. I've seen Walshy, for example, rock out with the AR/SMG many times because they're both more effective than the Magnum, not to mention there's an abundance of BR's and DMR's littered around the maps. The Magnum is not a great weapon right now, and if they decide to keep BR starts then they're better off keeping the Magnum as is because if they make BR/AR starts, that's GG to the sandbox and dynamic gameplay.

Tawpgun

AR can't clean up kills? I think it's more effective than the Magnum in all areas: CQC, range because the Magnum has none and we see how effective the AR has become, cleaning kills, clearing out spaces by spraying bullets (literally can feel like a wall of bullets you don't want to mess with), kills faster more consistently, easier to use, etc.

Even watching pro streams they do the same thing. I've seen Walshy, for example, rock out with the AR/SMG many times because they're both more effective than the Magnum, not to mention there's an abundance of BR's and DMR's littered around the maps. The Magnum is not a great weapon right now, and if they decide to keep BR starts then they're better off keeping the Magnum as is because if they make BR/AR starts, that's GG to the sandbox and dynamic gameplay.

I prefer magnum in CQC. It's harder yeah, but if you land your shots its a really fast kill. And it can switch really fast. So you need to reload your BR before you can finish the kill, switch to pistol and POPPOPPOP he's dead.

Reminds me of Bungie telling us how the Halo 3 Magnum is all great fun because of how a skilled player can do damage with it, even taking out BR users.

So I disagree, Tawp. I feel like you're not considering strafes and other movement options with how easily you can dodge a Magnum over a wall of AR bullets. Sure it may be an alright weapon if you land your shots, but the difficulty of landing those shots compared to the AR is like night and day, so what's the use in risking it when the AR is more effective overall?

antigoon

I'm gonna be doing some drinking tonight, anybody want to fuck around on Breakout or TS?

no one wants to lose rank b/c some drunk asshole :p I swear I'm better drunk though..

Edit: To add to what Tawp is saying above me: How is an automatic rifle on a console shooter w/ aim assist skillful at all? I think BR/AR starts should be the norm and buff the pistol...

Also, take a look here:

http://youtu.be/D-IzTz5Gr1U?t=2m22s

Pause it at where this starts. What do you see? A pistol shaped power weapon perhaps?! Hmmmmm.

Hope I'm not missing something stupid

I'll be on around 11:30 or midnight EST with a drink in hand. GT is BigSolar.

Also, I think you're looking at a hydra

Tawpgun

Reminds me of Bungie telling us how the Halo 3 Magnum is all great fun because of how a skilled player can do damage with it, even taking out BR users.

So I disagree, Tawp. I feel like you're not considering strafes and other movement options with how easily you can dodge a Magnum over a wall of AR bullets. Sure it may be an alright weapon if you land your shots, but the difficulty of landing those shots compared to the AR is like night and day, so what's the use in risking it when the AR is more effective overall?

It's mainly for the quick switch for me.

Switched to a wired connection so I should be having less network issues (re: horrible lag playing with VisceralBowl, Overdoziz, etc.)

Also, solution for starting weapons.

Social: AR/BR
Ranked: BR/AR

tootsi666

My problem with Magnum is with its high RoF. IMO its RoF should be decreased but it should be 4-shot with increased RRR. Less spammable but more effective at hands of a skilled player.

I got this great spawn on Eden the other day. Not even mad though because of the absurdity. I think it's the first time in the beta I felt cheated by a spawn though. Usually they've been pretty good.

I have had multiple very bad spawns in one game before, ie. spawn, run two steps forward, an enemy showed up, or spawn, run two steps forward, gunfire coming from behind, the latter is very rare (twice tops from my memory) but it's especially insulting. I have absolutely no problem with spawns on other maps, they have been great, just Eden.

Akai__

Is the MCC team too busy watching e-sports? Are they too busy working on the Halo 3 ODST add-on? Or are they too busy working on something related to the Beta? Maybe too busy working on the next patch?

I really can't tell, because all the 343i PR team does, is tweeting about a boring tournament, that < 10k people watch. What is more important to you 343i? A tournament and their fans or the hundreds of thousand people waiting to get a working game?

I have no words for this. Jesus Christ, please tell us something Frankie or David Ellis...

Is the MCC team too busy watching e-sports? Are they too busy working on the Halo 3 ODST add-on? Or are they too busy working on something related to the Beta? Maybe too busy working on the next patch?

I really can't tell, because all the 343i PR team does, is tweeting about a boring tournament, that < 10k people watch. What is more important to you 343i? A tournament and their fans or the hundreds if thousand of people waiting to get a working game?

I have no words for this. Jesus Christ, please tell us something Frankie or David Ellis...
They're eating pizza in the break room.

Switched to a wired connection so I should be having less network issues (re: horrible lag playing with VisceralBowl, Overdoziz, etc.)

Also, solution for starting weapons.

Social: AR/BR
Ranked: BR/AR
Hire Wahrer.

I really can't tell, because all the 343i PR team does, is tweeting about a boring tournament, that < 10k people watch. What is more important to you 343i? A tournament and their fans or the hundreds if thousand of people waiting to get a working game?

Explain to us how Bravo and the other people involved in that tournament have anything to do with fixing TMCC. If you can do that, maybe I'll raise a pitchfork, but until then, put a fork in it.

People make it seem like they don't care about TMCC anymore because life must go on elsewhere. Yes, it sucks that it's still a hot mess this long after launch, but what good would shutting everything else down do if it has no impact on getting TMCC fixed?

IHaveIce

Banned
Have to assume the staff had time off for the holidays. And deservedly so.

Is MCC patches really worth depriving people of time off with their families? Fuck outta here

Good to see I'm not alone with this opinion, I also want a working game, but getting that outraged seems kinda redundant?

Would anyone feel better if we would get a tweet "No patch this week, stay tuned" every week? don't think so, will probably wait till they are ready.

Normal busniess practice guys.

EDIT: And of course I also want a working MCC

So I was thinking about it, and I think the Plasma Pistol / Needler could actually benefit from ADS provided it didn't slow you down or bottleneck your vision.

Plasma Pistol standard fire: usual single-shot projectiles. Buff to individual projectiles, basically Reach Beta levels. Fires as fast as you can pull the trigger.
Plasma Pistol ADS (1.5x zoom): Reach Beta-style overcharge with EMP capability and a powerful AOE damage range. Overcharge is capable of killing unshielded targets in about 3 overcharges, like in Reach Beta.

Needler standard fire: Slower-than-usual rate of fire (think CE Magnum, possibly slightly slower - can be pulsed semi-auto or held down automatically at the cost of increased spread), but shots are quicker and fire much straighter than usual - they don't home in unscoped. Supercombine doesn't work unscoped, but unscoped rounds can headshot.
Needler ADS (1.5x zoom): Traditional Needler with quick auto-firing, homing, supercombines, etc.

Ramirez

They're probably saving the patch until the end of the beta and just trying to fit as much as they can into it. Why anyone would be trying to fight MCC right now over playing Halo 5 is way over my head, but what do I know?

I don't get it. Am I the only player who can reliably get games on any playlist in the MCC that isnt Big Team Battle (I can get games here still but it takes longer than every other playlist)

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't get it. Am I the only player who can reliably get games on any playlist in the MCC that isnt Big Team Battle (I can get games here still but it takes longer than every other playlist)

I can get games in it, except BTB.

But it still has huge flaws.

but so far I'm playing Halo 5 way more than the MCC because I like it a lot.

though a friend of mine bought an Xbox One and has nothing except Destiny so far.. so I decided to play with him, GUYS if you think any Halo game right now has a bad multiplayer, go play Destiny, the PVP is still such a shitshow

Akai__

Hire Wahrer.

Explain to us how Bravo and the other people involved in that tournament have anything to do with fixing TMCC. If you can do that, maybe I'll raise a pitchfork, but until then, put a fork in it.

People make it seem like they don't care about TMCC anymore because life must go on elsewhere. Yes, it sucks that it's still a hot mess this long after launch, but what good would shutting everything else down do if it has no impact on getting TMCC fixed?

Bolded: Stop putting words into my mouth...

Rest: I asked a simple question. "What is the team doing?" Not a hard question and I don't expect a detailed answer. I just want to hear something from 343i. They didn't say anything, since the last patch. Would it kill them, if they could tweet something along the lines "We are working on the MCC. Expect a patch the next week/in 2,3,4,5,6 weeks, if everything goes according to plan." No it wouldn't.

343i is the worst company, when it comes to transparency.

Rest: I asked a simple question. "What is the team doing?" Not a hard question and I don't expect a detailed answer. I just want to hear something from 343i. They didn't say anything, since the last patch. Would it kill them, if they could tweet something along the lines "We are working on the MCC. Expect a patch the next week/in 2,3,4,5,6 weeks, if everything goes according to plan." No it wouldn't.

Or maybe the majority of the studio was off for the holidays? Maybe not even back yet?

jem0208

They're probably enjoying their holidays...

Do they really need to tweet every week that they're working on it? It's pointless info, they've already told us they're going to keep working on it till it's fixed. They may not have an ETA on the next patch.

But why mention the tournament at all and even throw in a dig of <10k viewers in your rant then?

Why not focus your post around how they've stopped communicating about TMCC and be more respectful instead of insulting them and implying they're being lazy, incompetent Halo ring bearers?

Welfare

I agree. If BR starts become the staple then they are either pandering to the BR only crowd or they failed to create a sandbox where the pistol and AR have a proper and desirable place.

BR starts are fun and all, but with all the movement options, the ability to do more damage with the AR by aiming at the head, descoping an AR, less auto assist ETC... it's just innately a more skilful game with the AR.

Pistol needs that slight buff and AR could suffer a slight nerf when not in ADS.

Wait, so what's stopping you from picking up an AR when you spawn with a BR?

And lol at the AR being "skillful".

Akai__

But why mention the tournament at all and even throw in a dig of <10k viewers in your rant then?

Why not focus your post around how they've stopped communicating about TMCC and be more respectful instead of insulting them and implying they're being lazy, incompetent Halo ring bearers?

I ranted about the useless Twitter account, not about lazy or useless devs. I respect 343i's developers as much as others do. Just because I don't agree with some design decisions in a game, it doesn't mean that I hate every single person at 343i.

jem0208

I am enjoying this game far less now.

Movement is just far less enjoyable when everyone has BRs. Shutting down movement is so much easier, creating far too many standoffs. Taking pot shots at each other then dashing back into cover. There's nothing enjoyable standing around waiting for shields to recharge then taking a few more pot shots at each other and doing it again.

I am enjoying this game far less now.

Movement is just far less enjoyable when everyone has BRs. Shutting down movement is so much easier, creating far too many standoffs. Taking pot shots at each other then dashing back into cover. There's nothing enjoyable standing around waiting for shields to recharge then taking a few more pot shots at each other and doing it again.
Is that the BR or is that... -points to avatar-

You can't easily snipe people with a BR, just saying.

jem0208

Is that the BR or is that... -points to avatar-

You can't easily snipe people with a BR, just saying.

Well the main indication to me that it's BRs is that I enjoyed the game far more before hand. Although I agree, motion tracker has an effect as well. We just need that team only tracker. It could also be the maps I suppose.

Honestly though, my favourite thing about Halo 5 was that every single weapon had a place in the sandbox. That's not true with BR starts.

Sephzilla

They're probably saving the patch until the end of the beta and just trying to fit as much as they can into it. Why anyone would be trying to fight MCC right now over playing Halo 5 is way over my head, but what do I know?
Because I don't think I like Halo 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom