• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Because I don't think I like Halo 5

I still prefer H2A over Halo 5 as well. Would rather have that as base game play. Shittiest thing is that it only got 6 maps and was/is broken. Maybe I'm too old fashioned in that sense. I didn't really enjoy Call of Duty, Battlefield, Destiny much.

Please remove clamber
Please remove charges
Please removes thrusters
Please remove AR's
Please remove bad ranking systems
Please remove Sprint
Please remove bad maps
Please remove ground pounds

Thanks after all thats removed well start to have good Halo back again.

Thats all for now.

Please remove clamber
Please remove charges
Please removes thrusters
Please remove AR's
Please remove Sprint
Please remove bad maps

Thats all for now.
That'd be cool, but probably no mainline Halo from here on out will do all that again.

The enemy team has an Onyx and a Gold
I have two unranked and a Bronze, and I'm the only one who has a positive KDA on my team
One guy was AFK at the start of the game for a minute and maybe more
I'm a quitter now.

You didn't include "Please remove ADS and bring back classic scope"

AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg

Good point get rid of that garbage as well. Why does 343i feel they have the right to change Halo the gameplay Bungie made and had nailed so well.

Its not even Halo its just some piece of shit generic FPS shooter with Halo name attached to it now.

Whatever happened to class, and keeping your roots. Fuckin' fascists. I'll just be over here crying quietly.

Ramirez

Good point get rid of that garbage as well. Why does 343i feel they have the right to change Halo the gameplay Bungie made and had nailed so well.

Its not even Halo its just some piece of shit generic FPS shooter with Halo name attached to it now.

Whatever happened to class, and keeping your roots. Fuckin' fascists. I'll just be over here crying quietly.

Then what the fuck was Reach? lol

antigoon

Do I think Bungie would have made a better Halo 4? Maybe. But let's not pretend Bungie always made great decisions about the direction of Halo. As far as I'm concerned they started on a downward slope since Halo 2.

This new game has real promise. I'm excited.

But why mention the tournament at all and even throw in a dig of <10k viewers in your rant then?

Why not focus your post around how they've stopped communicating about TMCC and be more respectful instead of insulting them and implying they're being lazy, incompetent Halo ring bearers?

pleeeeeeeease, get outta here with 'respectful'. Knowingly selling a dud to hundreds of thousands of people and you're quibbling over forum etiquette. This isn't some neck beard debate over AR vs BR, this is about a game released to the public that still doesn't work to any degree of acceptability 2 months after launch. I played for 90 mins or so last night: 2 consecutive map load fails, one uneven team game, one uneven team game where I was split from my party, 'uploading stats glitch' after every game for everyone except the party leader, a host change in so called dedicated servers and of course plenty of lost in space lobbies where no players are found and everyone has to go through the rigmarole of 'resetting the build'.

All the while the bare basics are worked on for the Nth patch, the rest of the game and its MM curation is neglected. Still no 1-50 in all the playlists as was promised in the weeks leading up to launch. Weekly rotational playlist? Out the window. AR and SMG starts still inexplicably turning up in BTB variants that didn't exist in Bungie's original vision. Still no hardcore H2 and 3 playlist that was promised in IGN articles in the weeks prior to launch. Still a busted H2C net code. 343 before launch: "the MM variants from each game will be taken from their latest native update" - 8 weeks after launch and there's still radar Jammers and attic spawns on the pit. Still campaign saving issues and crashes. Still sound mixing issues.

It's scary that they considered the game 'fixed' on the 19th of December. All the issues above are still pertinent today.

It's cool that so many people are enjoying H5 (and I'm loving it so far) but some aren't and are rightly wondering out loud wtf is going on with the game they actually paid for, not a three week demo with a couple of maps in it.

Or maybe the majority of the studio was off for the holidays? Maybe not even back yet?

Im sure just like any big release a lot of the resources are gone. Since this was an outsource gig I am sure they have a small unit working on patches.

BTW, is there know one else who hates H5? It feels like modern day crap. The floaty shooter is gone. I would rather play H4 legendary slayer than this. All I see is ADS all over my killcam.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah. Bungie probably wouldn't have done much better than 343.
Destiny speaks for itself *shudder*

Edit: lol what the Henery calm down and read some posts not one person here defended the MCC state, just why ranting at the tpurnament 343 guys is redundant and that they probably were in the Holidays, no one is denying that the game is ways off the promised state, even Frankie and the lots admitted that

Im sure just like any big release a lot of the resources are gone. Since this was an outsource gig I am sure they have a small unit working on patches.

BTW, is there know one else who hates H5? It feels like modern day crap. The floaty shooter is gone. I would rather play H4 legendary slayer than this. All I see is ADS all over my killcam.

I'm with you I feel like more people need to speak up.

Go back to the basics. ABC's of Halo.

Please remove clamber
Please remove charges
Please removes thrusters
Please remove AR's
Please remove Sprint
Please remove bad maps

Thats all for now.

Its not a bad game, its just not a Halo game. It 'feels' like a modern day shooter if thats what they were going for. Go play H2A (if you can) to see what a Halo game feels like.

antigoon

I do actually enjoy Destiny's multiplayer for what it is.
now that I am adequately leveled and have found weapons that suit my playstyle

Fracas

#fuckonami
I agree with Juices in that I wish Halo "evolution" took little to gradual steps, but if H5 is as far as changes go then I can deal with it. Can't repeat CE-3 forever (though I'd be fine with that).

H5's changes are negligible compared to the shitshows that Reach and 4 were. The game plays like Halo with new ideas integrated into it, not lazily thrown on top. Aside from ADS, can't stand it.

Madness

I'm with you I feel like more people need to speak up.

Go back to the basics. ABC's of Halo.

How much more do Halo fans need to speak up against ADS, Sprint, etc. And yet that's exactly what we got. If you watch the Sprint, ADS was in Halo 5 as early as like December 2013. And it'll probably stay forever until whatever VR/Head tracking shooting is the norm in 2025 or whatever.

Killcams are so not needed in Halo especially since most killcams are just stupid grenade bounces, or being out shot by a better player. And they have this weird music, are jarring from a game play standpoint, have taken away teabagging and yet, rather than remove them, they're probably going to stay in the final game only with some tweaks.

Ramirez

You guys don't speak for all Halo fans though, lol.

I'm just as hardcore as any of you and would take what I've played of 5 over H2A. H2 is the worst of the Bungie trilogy for me, you must realize how impossible it is for them to evolve the games and make everyone happy.

The only thing I want removed from Halo is the killcams, cause they don't work and it's against the norm. And auto headshots. Everything else feels completely natural and true to the Halo formula.

Madness

Why do people conflate H2A with only Halo 2 though? Halo 2 Anniversary does have remastered Halo 2 maps, but Halo 2 had some of the best maps of all time. But the game play, aside from things like dual wielding and weapon damage, the game plays like a next gen Halo 2/Halo 3/Halo 4. I also like pretty much every Halo, some less than others.

Some of the changes are so unnecessary. There was no reason for ADS to be in Halo 5. Things like ground and pound and charge can be removed tomorrow and won't be remembered/missed.

dwells

So in the H5 beta, does the number with your semi-pro rating represent your leaderboard skill ranking position? i.e. semi-pro 1508 means you're the 1508th best ranked player? I helped my friend get his semi-pro last night and it seemed way too easy for that to be the case.

Also, it seems to me that the light rifle is kinda useless in any sort of competitive game. I'm yet to see it used effectively or get killed by it. Every now and then someone will ping you with it and knock half your shields, but that's about it. It's more an annoyance than anything else.

Similarly, ground pound seems useless. Haven't seen a single kill from it either.

pleeeeeeeease, get outta here with 'respectful'. Knowingly selling a dud to hundreds of thousands of people and you're quibbling over forum etiquette. This isn't some neck beard debate over AR vs BR, this is about a game released to the public that still doesn't work to any degree of acceptability 2 months after launch. I played for 90 mins or so last night: 2 consecutive map load fails, one uneven team game, one uneven team game where I was split from my party, 'uploading stats glitch' after every game for everyone except the party leader, a host change in so called dedicated servers and of course plenty of lost in space lobbies where no players are found and everyone has to go through the rigmarole of 'resetting the build'.

All the while the bare basics are worked on for the Nth patch, the rest of the game and its MM curation is neglected. Still no 1-50 in all the playlists as was promised in the weeks leading up to launch. Weekly rotational playlist? Out the window. AR and SMG starts still inexplicably turning up in BTB variants that didn't exist in Bungie's original vision. Still no hardcore H2 and 3 playlist that was promised in IGN articles in the weeks prior to launch. Still a busted H2C net code. 343 before launch: "the MM variants from each game will be taken from their latest native update" - 8 weeks after launch and there's still radar Jammers and attic spawns on the pit. Still campaign saving issues and crashes. Still sound mixing issues.

It's scary that they considered the game 'fixed' on the 19th of December. All the issues above are still pertinent today.

It's cool that so many people are enjoying H5 (and I'm loving it so far) but some aren't and are rightly wondering out loud wtf is going on with the game they actually paid for, not a three week demo with a couple of maps in it.

I hate to be that guy again but tried MCC again last night and nothing. I couldn't match a single player in Slayer playlist or H2 classic at all. I gave up, again. Someone from Australia PM me when things work.

As for the Beta, I'm thinking the BR isn't hitscan? Does anyone know for sure? Checkout this clip. Also here's a solid clamber kill, I like clamber.

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/857898ab-8488-453a-9516-df85714684e6

Edit: Can we please select what regional Azure servers we want, at the very least can you please display what region the game is hosted on? It helps me play to have an idea of the latency.

antigoon

Aside from the slow-scoping sniper,
I truly have no problem with how ADS works in Halo 5. Does there really need to be ADS on the Assault Rifle? Probably not. But that's a minor complaint for me. As long as there is no movement penalty and descope remains, I don't see what the big deal is for what is basically a cosmetic change.

Yeah, it would be nice for 343 to include a classic scope option, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Ramirez

Why do people conflate H2A with only Halo 2 though? Halo 2 Anniversary does have remastered Halo 2 maps, but Halo 2 had some of the best maps of all time. But the game play, aside from things like dual wielding and weapon damage, the game plays like a next gen Halo 2/Halo 3/Halo 4. I also like pretty much every Halo, some less than others.

Some of the changes are so unnecessary. There was no reason for ADS to be in Halo 5. Things like ground and pound and charge can be removed tomorrow and won't be remembered/missed.

Love GP, sooooo...disagree.

Madness

Love GP, sooooo...disagree.

You also really liked Destiny PvP and loved the supers too though. I don't know, it's just me, I'd prefer ZBNS Reach, Legendary BR's Halo 4, and Halo 2 Anniversary to Halo 5 right now.

Maybe you just prefer newer FPS mechanics over what Halo is/was.

Ramirez

You also really liked Destiny PvP and loved the supers too though. I don't know, it's just me, I'd prefer ZBNS Reach, Legendary BR's Halo 4, and Halo 2 Anniversary to Halo 5 right now.

Maybe you just prefer newer FPS mechanics over what Halo is/was.

The abilities are nothing like Destiny supers, lol. Good grief.

VinFTW

Been playing Halo since launch day Halo CE. Halo 5 is the most fun/excited I've been for Halo since 2/3. Most fun I've had since 2, most excited I've been since 3 (dat Halo 3 hype was amazing).

I might end up liking it more than 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom