• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliQ

8QEGJn5.jpg

Today is the day Spartans battle one another in the first ever MCC Throwdown! I'm very excited for this and hope to start something that becomes tradition. Now I know there are numerous issues right now with MCC and understand that if you play tonight expect problems!

I have a backup plan in case we can't get a clean 8v8 game on Blood gulch so please be patient with me (and the game).

Here are this weeks signups. If you would like to get on the backup list tonight please send me a PM with your GT and skill level (1-10).

Signed Up
xCliQuEx
Kaizen Gamer
MIXMASTERCHlEF
MizzouRah88
Beamimpact
xGranadier
Vin FTW
LUCKY OVERLORD
Welfare Queen I
Gorillabawlz
B0rder jumper14
Poodlestrike
The Tharp Daddy
The Shocker
Valaruk
WomJom

Backups
Jayrme D
ToEmbersAshes
versatil7
uwdanman
Impala26
Slixshot
FUNKNOWN IXI
phaonaut

If you would like to watch the MCC Throwdown I will be broadcasting the game HERE.

See you guys on the battlefield!

RSB

Banned
I really wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. Having a lot of fun with it. The traversal is just so satisfying
once you get air dash
. I haven't found any weapons yet that feel really good though, but I've still got a ways to go in the game.
Yeah, the traversal mechanics are very fun, but the fact that they don't let you map jump to LB is really annoying. Hopefully they'll add it in a future patch or something...

Fracas just wants attention and people are giving it to him. He doesn't believe Halo deserves the success it has received, yet continues to post in Halo threads and now posts about wanting a return less than a week from release. I mean, if people want to return it already that's their prerogative, but there is more in this collection than just MM lol.
Yeah, and most of that stuff outside of MM doesn't work either. I don't see the conflict-worthy problem with returning the game and saying you did so to make a point. Maybe if enough people do so, then perhaps devs won't think it's acceptable to ship games that aren't functional in the future.

RowdyReverb

The most aggravating bug IMO is when the game freezes/crashes in a match. You get excited that you finally got into a match with some other players, and it just stomps those dreams out.

To set up Halo on LAN, you just need to connect them all to a router and thats it? Does it use the same lobby as MM?

Yep, that's all we did and looking past not being able to join players on the same router once it flows the connection is real solid and enjoyable. I recommend Halo 3/4 campaign coop for a short while, it's a thing of beauty without button input latency and four players.

CE is far better on LAN than the netcode in MCC online and Halo 2 really is incredible still. Those objective team games just come out close and skilled based. In a mix of H3 and H2 the first 3 games output the greatest games compared to recent years, by a long shot.

The maps and gameplay really is the sweet spot for 4v4 or 5v5 OBJ.

H2A was top shelf too, really enjoy that mode.

Booshka

Yep, that's all we did and looking past not being able to join players on the same router once it flows the connection is real solid and enjoyable. I recommend Halo 3/4 campaign coop for a short while, it's a thing of beauty without button input latency and four players.

CE is far better on LAN than the netcode in MCC online and Halo 2 really is incredible still. Those objective team games just come out close and skilled based. In a mix of H3 and H2 the first 3 games output the greatest games compared to recent years, by a long shot.

Split those 4v4's into a 2v2 Halo CE tournament in my opinion.

Stream it if you can.

Caja 117

Did you do something especific for the problem of not been able to join others players? (Im not the one doing the LAN, but my friends are getting the HMCC experience as we speak)

Yeah, and most of that stuff outside of MM doesn't work either. I don't see the conflict-worthy problem with returning the game and saying you did so to make a point. Maybe if enough people do so, then perhaps devs won't think it's acceptable to ship games that aren't functional in the future.
You can't play this game by yourself? And that message you want to send, why don't you send them to these publishers on Twitter? That would be much more effective than some randie who doesn't think Halo is a worthy franchise posting about how he's going to return it, but then buy it later used.

No dev who reads this forum thinks it's acceptable to release a game like this nor do people want to read it over and over.

RowdyReverb

Just played 7v7 Legendary CTF on Ragnarok in Halo 4. I really enjoyed it. I didn't spend much time with H4 after all the updates they did. It really became a pretty solid Halo game.

Mix

Hey CliQ, I don't know if I'm going to play in the CTF game. I want to, it'll be fun, but someone with good internet needs to host it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Oh yeah, throwdown tonight.

Excite!

Hey CliQ, I don't know if I'm going to play in the CTF game. I want to, it'll be fun, but someone with good internet needs to host it.

You better fucking be there.

You can't play this game by yourself? And that message you want to send, why don't you send them to these publishers on Twitter? That would be much more effective than some randie who doesn't think Halo is a worthy franchise posting about how he's going to return it, but then buy it later used.

No dev who reads this forum thinks it's acceptable to release a game like this nor do people want to read it over and over.

I dunno, people can return the game or whine incessantly and I don't think we can judge them since this game is actually pretty broken right now.

I do think it's a little silly to return it this early since there hasn't been enough time for major fixes to be completed yet. In another week 90% of everything could be great, and I'm personally willing to hold out hope for longer than that but I can understand people who can't or don't want to.

While campaign seems to mostly work, it's still buggy enough that you can't count on basic stuff like your progress to be saved, for example.

Split those 4v4's into a 2v2 Halo CE tournament in my opinion.

Stream it if you can.

Yeah we had a little tourney schedule setup but never kicked it off, had CE and H2 as events :) finished the LAN last night though.

Will be doing another in JAN, will try the X11 twitch streaming then mate.

Did you do something especific for the problem of not been able to join others players? (Im not the one doing the LAN, but my friends are getting the HMCC experience as we speak)

Nope, never sorted it and it was constantly popping its ugly head up. Sometimes we would spend 10 minutes just getting all the players into the custom lobby. I don't know the tech exactly but not having system link overall for MCC is not ideal.

If players on LAN can't join them a hard reboot or just dashboard then menu/quit the game and restart MCC to rejoin usually worked. The real trouble was you would get say 2 out of 8 players with that issue so it compounded and took longer every time. Another issue layering over the top is no JiP, so everyone just waits around until in the lobby until the troubled players can finally join. It really slows the overall LAN experience TBH.

Just played 7v7 Legendary CTF on Ragnarok in Halo 4. I really enjoyed it. I didn't spend much time with H4 after all the updates they did. It really became a pretty solid Halo game.

Yes it did.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I think Sunset's my GOTY so far. The writing was pretty rough but railgrinding was absolute perfection.

Played Sunset over at a friend's who picked up the bundle.

Have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the game. It has been added to my "Must Buy" list of games.

Caja 117

Yeah we had a little tourney schedule setup but never kicked it off, had CE and H2 as events :) finished the LAN last night though.

Will be doing another in JAN, will try the X11 twitch streaming then mate.

Nope, never sorted it and it was constantly popping its ugly head up. Sometimes we would spend 10 minutes just getting all the players into the custom lobby. I don't know the tech exactly but not having system link overall for MCC is not ideal.

If players on LAN can't join them a hard reboot or just dashboard then menu/quit the game and restart MCC to rejoin usually worked. The real trouble was you would get say 2 out of 8 players with that issue so it compounded and took longer every time. Another issue layering over the top is no JiP, so everyone just waits around until in the lobby until the troubled players can finally join. It really slows the overall LAN experience TBH.

Yes it did.

They been able to join up on the same party (im guessing trough Internet) but they get disconected after every match.

nillapuddin

Love to see everyone forging! :)

Really wish online file share was active... If you wanna talk about crucial things missing, this needs alot more attention.

...Two releases in a row with inactive file sharing at launch

343 needs to step their community game up for Halo 5, "Bungie Favorites", Weekly/Monthly spotlights, etc

Video clips especially, they are are so easy to share now. I want cool maps, screenshots and videos to look at, every day/week when I log in.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I took you off my ignore list so I could say this:

el

oh

el

And back we go. Keep your heckfu-tier (may he rest in peace) shit posts to yourself.

Booshka

Shitty Halo back to Salting this place up again.

C'mon 343 and Microsoft, HaloGAF is deteriorating the longer MCC stays broken.

Finished Truth and Reconciliation 10 minutes under par and the game crashed. I also had the game when I was redoing Infinity on Legendary, because it counted as co-op when I was playing it solo. I didn't have many problems at launch with crashes, but they seem to be screwing me over now.

Welfare

Finished Truth and Reconciliation 10 minutes under par and the game crashed. I also had the game when I was redoing Infinity on Legendary, because it counted as co-op when I was playing it solo. I didn't have many problems at launch with crashes, but they seem to be screwing me over now.

This shit happened to me with Requiem. Pissed me off, but hey, I guess I'm No.1 in the world on Requiem Legendary Co-op now.

daedalius

Haven't personally had any issues with campaign and saving progress yet, just about done with h2a now.

Fracas always pulls host and it's shit anyway, good riddance.

As a point of fact, no, many people can't. Much of the time, people's progress isn't saved, the game crashes and needs to be reset, achievements don't unlock, etc. Even though it's not as direct as Twitter, people know the devs read these forums, so how is it such a terrible place to put such a grievance?

And not to pretend to know exactly the development hell this game apparently suffered, but large amounts of the problems with this game are not related to MM or networked issues. To ship a game with this many issues (sans MM) and *not* know that they existed, would, in reality, show a large amount of incompetence or an unwillingness to push a release date further back. Whether that would rest at the feet of 343 or MS or whoever is beside the point.

While campaign seems to mostly work, it's still buggy enough that you can't count on basic stuff like your progress to be saved, for example.
Exactly. "You can't play it by yourself?" Well, no, in fact, you often can't.

Between this morning's hour and a half searching session and this afternoon's searching group of almost an hour, I have spent over two hours today looking for matchmaking games without success.

I'm not exaggerating here. I have sat here for almost two and a half hours today and have yet to find a single game. I sit in the lobby for up to five minutes, go back to the menu, find a different playlist, and restart the search. I have gone up and down the list several times now.

This is beyond ridiculous. Just insane.

The Flash

Banned
Why can't we be friends? (x4)
I seen you 'round for a long long time
I really 'membered you when you drink my wine
I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
I called you but you could not look around
I bring my money to the welfare line
I see you standing in it every time
The color of your skin don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony
I'd kinda like to be the President
so I can show you how your money's spent
Sometimes I don't speak too bright
but yet I know what I'm talking about
I know you're working for the CIA
they wouldn't have you in the Mafia
Why can't we be friends? (x20)

They been able to join up on the same party (im guessing trough Internet) but they get disconected after every match.

It's almost random, some times you get 3 or 4 games in a row them some drops. Generally once in the game it's all fine. A couple of loading the map issues but mostly just getting the custom lobby with everyone in it to start a game. Also don't bother going into matchmaking playlists, you never stay as a LAN party group to return to customs.

Also for shits and giggles here's some various clips from LAN and recent days. When the game works as intended it's fucking awesome!

H2 Turf FFA fiesta fun, nice stealth vs. stealth kill
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=... A2z&vid=c4d85ec8-51f4-4a7c-9e06-d4d910cce327

H3 The Pit clutch flag 4v4 caps fail...
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=... A2z&vid=0412e5c1-fa8a-4b5e-bb83-573e77730a76

H3 Snowbound fiesta FFA, no scope shield door vs. shotty
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=... A2z&vid=a530682e-6084-4094-8729-1fb4dd00d264

H2 Lockout slayer 4v4, running riot
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=... A2z&vid=71e19631-4424-461e-b08a-0a976ccecdbd

H2A Shrine 4v4 ACL players, 2 flag overkill extermination
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=... A2z&vid=241624cc-b834-4d58-92ff-ef8c01f18083

H2A Campaign, doors... How do they work?
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=... A2z&vid=e3c7c5b3-e4f3-4d41-b1b7-5e68624adfca

jem0208

Just got into a H2A match. I was the only person who voted for the objective game type. C'mon people, we've played Team BRs hundreds of times!

MouldyK

Played Split-Screen Matchmaking with my older brother yesterday, here is what he hated:

- Frame-rate is all over the shop with Halo 4 and Halo 2A, they should just cap it at 30fps for Split-Screen if it is going to be that bad.

- Unlike every other Halo game, both people only counts as 1 vote, making there be overall less voting in a game. Imagine a Team Slayer match with only 2 4 Player Split-Screens...there'd be 2 votes only.

- Matches always say "Match Incomplete" at the end.

- I think one of the Recon Control Settings for one of the games (think Halo 4), it only says "Use Second Weapon", not "Throw Grenade/Use Second Weapon" like EVERY OTHER GAME IN THE COLLECTION.

- Can't see how Spartan Armor colours look when customizing.

It's like 343i just do not care for split-screen anymore when 2-4 players count as 1 vote only and the framerate is sub-par.

Between this morning's hour and a half searching session and this afternoon's searching group of almost an hour, I have spent over two hours today looking for matchmaking games without success.

I'm not exaggerating here. I have sat here for almost two and a half hours today and have yet to find a single game. I sit in the lobby for up to five minutes, go back to the menu, find a different playlist, and restart the search. I have gone up and down the list several times now.

This is beyond ridiculous. Just insane.

Just play customs. If you get a full party for an entire playlist then matchmaking will function as it doesn't have to find any players e.g. Your full party has all your team and enemy team numbers already.

Both. Mostly the latter.

My brother and I used to see who could drink the most salt water by mixing in salt with tap water. Whoever couldn't drink their cup lost.

You would be great at a job that required you to guzzle large quantities of piping hot salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom