• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

Well no. I'm in the menu because it says the game was full so I couldn't join

but when I click on session details it says I'm in the game

I see that happens sometimes in MM as well, thats a refresh problem in the UI, the same reason why sometimes the searching bars dont appear.

Raide

Accidentally started making a Rocket Arena style map. lol

Despite a few Forge annoyances, I am getting back into it.

T5SnpMj.jpg

Just blocking out atm, will decorate later.

antigoon

I spent a fucking hour last night trying to queue for matchmaking with my friend.

And don't tell me all this was unforseen when leaving matchmaking boots you from a party and then makes it impossible to rejoin without rebooting the game. Totally unacceptable.

Grexeno

I doesn't make sense when Black Friday is two weeks from now and Patch is coming next week. They would had just released the game with the patch next week then.

Its a network/server problem that could only appear in a live environment, blame them for not doing a Beta test.
Do you see all the games releasing this week? They had to get it out before them.

RoKKeR

I spent a fucking hour last night trying to queue for matchmaking with my friend.

And don't tell me all this was unforseen when leaving matchmaking boots you from a party and then makes it impossible to rejoin without rebooting the game. Totally unacceptable.
Yep, it's a fucking joke.

No way this is even close to functional by next week.

Rockyrock

theyve known it wasnt going to be ready for a while.

Remember a few days before launch they said ranks were only going to be for H2A to start with because "they wanted to see how it worked"

As soon as you heard that you knew something was up.

GrizzNKev

Banned
theyve known it wasnt going to be ready for a while.

Remember a few days before launch they said ranks were only going to be for H2A to start with because "they wanted to see how it worked"

As soon as you heard that you knew something was up.

Good thing too, because the ranks don't work properly right now. I got up to 11, lost a game and dropped to 10, lost a game and dropped to 6. wut. Played more, got back up to 8. Stopped, came back, was at 6 again. wut.

antigoon

Good thing too, because the ranks don't work properly right now. I got up to 11, lost a game and dropped to 10, lost a game and dropped to 6. wut. Played more, got back up to 8. Stopped, came back, was at 6 again. wut.

it's amazing that you could even find games to play. Thank GOD for gaf customs.

Caja 117

Do you see all the games releasing this week? They had to get it out before them.

And the weeek after? We need to stop this conspiracy theories, we could argue about the SP campaing bugs, but the MM issues are server related (Searching, Ranks, Uneven teams, lag, getting disconected from matches), this game was runing smooth during the championship.

Rockyrock

how have you even gotten into enough matches to be that high......

And the weeek after? We need to stop this conspiracy theories, we could argue about the SP campaing bugs, but the MM issues are server related, this game was runing smooth during the championship.

really? I was watching neighbor stream the night before launch and they were having the exact issues that are happening now. MM not working, trouble joining parties/customs, ect....

its not like the launch broke the servers. its been like this and 343 have known for sometime.

Bry0

We regret being alien bastards.
We regret coming to Earth.

And we most definitely regret the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet!
OOh Rahh!
All I can think about is how great Mcc will be when it is fixed. There are more than enough diehards that will be playing when it's fixed to keep the game populated for years.

Caja 117

how have you even gotten into enough matches to be that high......

really? I was watching neighbor stream the night before launch and they were having the exact issues that are happening now. MM not working, trouble joining parties/customs, ect....

its not like the launch broke the servers. its been like this and 343 have known for sometime.

Im talking about LAN, not online play. The Launch didn't broke the server, but like I have been saying it seems a problem that couldn't be identified easily without a mass population test. as there is still a small group of people that are not been affected as hard by this problem.

Since release I have played (without including customs) around 15 games (as I can only play for 2 hours every night), I haven't waited more that 4 minutes finding a match, I have only been disconnected from one of this games. in SP side I haven't had no problems at all.

Of course Im the exception of what its happening now, but, is possible that before the game was released this was what they saw (and Neighbor was looked as a isolated problem) , and as soon it went Live, then the problems showed. when you have do test in a controlled environment it doesn't mean that as soon as it released to the public the results are going to be the same, I worked with Online services launch before and having problems is not something uncommon.

Raide

Forge looks real nice this time for a change

There does seem to be a few tricks in Forge to lower the concrete block look. They have done a good job with making more varied backing objects, so you can throw in some rocks and things look less man-made and more natural.

Would love some prefab items. Just more decorative stuff can make a map way more interesting.

nillapuddin

I was under the impression this wouldnt be a problem anymore...

-__-

edit: I am considering just removing the upper pillars, I dont want that jaggy shit anymore
edit2: fuck it, basically ever shadow on the map is like that now unless you are 5 feet away (pulls hair out)

Watching the halofest vid again and seeing Dan Ayoub say that people are enjoying it makes me wonder how he could say that while most probably knowing MM was broken. I know he was not gonna say its broken but he must have felt cheap saying it...

Fracas

#fuckonami
How do I go about requesting a refund? There are too many great games coming out to be wasting time on this broken mess.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Lol are you serious?

I wasted $60 on a digital copy of a game that does not function. By the time the game is 100% functional, it will be a lot cheaper than $60. I straight up cannot play matchmaking right now. There is no reason for me to own this game in its current state.

JDHarbs

-__-

edit: I am considering just removing the upper pillars, I dont want that jaggy shit anymore
edit2: fuck it, basically ever shadow on the map is like that now unless you are 5 feet away (pulls hair out)
Foundation!?!

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Caja 117

Fracas, I think waiting for the patch on next week isnt a bad idea. You dont want to return the game today, and 3 days for now it gets fixed..

-__-

Yeah, that's weird. Didn't notice anything like that earlier.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I waited until the weekend and it's not any better for me. I'd say that's long enough.

I can barely even play campaign - I've done the first level of each campaign and have gotten crashes each time. Maybe it will get fixed soon, but right now I have a $60 digital brick on my hard drive.

Caja 117

I waited until the weekend and it's not any better for me. I'd say that's long enough.

I can barely even play campaign - I've done the first level of each campaign and have gotten crashes each time. Maybe it will get fixed soon, but right now I have a $60 digital brick on my hard drive.

oh well, to each its own I guess.

I dont think any other Video Game fans have suffered more than the Halo fans, I mean to have this Collection made just to be in this state, is just Heartbreaking.

Madness

I wasted $60 on a digital copy of a game that does not function. By the time the game is 100% functional, it will be a lot cheaper than $60. I straight up cannot play matchmaking right now. There is no reason for me to own this game in its current state.

I think you just call up Xbox Support. Tell them you want to refund a game that hasn't worked since launch. Chances are you're not the only one and they know about issues and they'll just refund back.

Will you buy physical when it's all working? I can't see digital price dropping anytime soon.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think you just call up Xbox Support. Tell them you want to refund a game that hasn't worked since launch. Chances are you're not the only one and they know about issues and they'll just refund back.

Will you buy physical when it's all working? I can't see digital price dropping anytime soon.
Yeah, I'll grab a used copy at Gamestop for like $38. No point in holding onto it now.

-Ryn

Banned
Well I just found out Starcraft 2 is free to play on a basic level.
My buddy got me hooked onto the first game this week so I look forward to seeing how this one plays. Probably gonna get ruined. I've heard that it's like a giant rock paper scissors game though. Anybody able to weigh in on this?

I like it, it looks like a good take on 343's design elements while retaining the traditional armor curves (or lack of) that we associate with Spartans. The helmet looks like a mix of the Halo 4 MC helmet and the Halo 3 Rogue helmet. Only thing I don't like are the bumps where it looks like you should connect a Lego piece.
lmao yeah the lego ports look a bit wierd.
I really dig it though. I think the helmet is really cool. The comparison you made is spot on. As for the armor; it looks simple but new. It also feels functional and not like a bunch of random pieces just tacked on because reasons. It's tight and efficient looking. I really wish it was an armor in the game because I could see myself wearing it on occasion.

Fantasy time
I wonder if there's any way 343 would bring this design over to the game (or some take on it). It's unlikely but hey fan creations have made it into games before.

That looks much nicer than most of 4's armor, nice blend of old and new without the iffy parts from 4's.
It really looks good.
I wasn't sure about the shoulders at first but I think they look great. Everything is there that needs to be there and it all feels like it fits nicely. I think the art team for this game have really stepped up their game. Even the Helioskull armor which is brand new (albeit inspired by the Arbiter's armor) looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the rest of their armors.

What I gathered from the GB quick look:

Sonic and friends (MC and Cortana) are chased into a tomb (Requiem) by their long-time foes, Eggman and Metal Sonic (The Covenant), and think that turning on some beams (turning off radio interference beams) in this tomb they're now trapped in will help them escape. Instead, Sonic's activation of the beams awakens this "Ancient" (Forerunner) who has been imprisoned there for 1000 (100,000) years. The Ancient, named Lyric (Didact), blames Sonic, or a look-alike, ancient ancestor of Sonic's species, as wall carvings would indicate (humans), for his imprisonment. Sonic tries to stop him, but Lyric flies away. A bit later, Sonic finds out that the Ancients, whose goal was to live in harmony with nature, collectively decided to imprison Lyric after discovering his plan to use magical crystals (Composer) to power an army of machines (Prometheans). They believe Lyric intends to reboot his army and take revenge on those responsible for his punishment.
Way past cool

Madness

Yeah, I'll grab a used copy at Gamestop for like $38. No point in holding onto it now.

I knew I should've done the same as well. Two days back EBGames was going to refund me $77 in store credit for how much I spent. Could have bought gta v and rebought one of the used/traded in copies a month from now when it's all working. Pretty sad how Halo fans feel like this, imagine what fans new to the series think.

Onikaan

I want to hold out, but Fracas has a valid point about other games this season. Especially when money isn't abundant.

That, and my patience is wearing thin.

jem0208

What are the requirements when forging a capture the flag map? I've almost completed the first version of my map, I want to test it but I can't select CTF from custom games.

I want to hold out, but Fracas has a valid point about other games this season. Especially when money isn't abundant.

That, and my patience is wearing thin.

I'd say wait until the MM patch next week. If it still doesn't work after that then get a refund. You'll regret it if you sell now and then it starts working perfectly on Monday or something.

The Flash

Banned
I'm still going to hold on to my copy but at this point Halo is dad. They're either going to have to relaunch the game or offer some compensation to get people back. Why Frankie? Why did you guys let this happen?

IHaveIce

Banned
Lol refunding is such a babby move nowadays. Ofc it is broken as shit but it will probably get better.

Though if you have no money and a bad job that is probably an option.

Also OT but AC Unity is also that broken.. though who tested the game knew it would be that way lol.

If I kept Destiny I will also wait out for the MCC, there is nothing interesting coming out anyway this year anymore IMO.

Edit: also tested the game today if it works and got into a Halo 3 match in like 1.5 minutes.

EDIT: Oh maybe though I will sell my Ps4, absolute failure to buy one for me.. I keep playing multiplats on xbox One, and sofar nothing interesting is gonna release exclusively on PS4, I had hopes for big new IPs and not the continued Uncharted galore, so maybe in a few years.. LBP is also such a boring game. And with FF15 and Kingdom hearts not being exclusive anymore there go my most anticipated games to Xbox. Hopefully Sony has something big coming up

Booshka

Well I just found out Starcraft 2 is free to play on a basic level.
My buddy got me hooked onto the first game this week so I look forward to seeing how this one plays. Probably gonna get ruined. I've heard that it's like a giant rock paper scissors game though. Anybody able to weigh in on this?

More like Chess, except that it also takes a ton of mechanical skill to move the Chess pieces, not just decide where they are going.

Good luck.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Lol refunding is such a babby move nowadays. Ofc it is broken as shit but it will probably get better.

Though if you have no money and a bad job that is probably an option.

Also OT but AC Unity is also that broken.. though who tested the game knew it would be that way lol.

If I kept Destiny I will also wait out for the MCC, there is nothing interesting coming out anyway this year anymore IMO.

Edit: also tested the game today if it works and got into a Halo 3 match in like 1.5 minutes.
I've got plenty of cash, it's just a straight up broken game lol. MM does not work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom