• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev3rb

Saw this on the Halo sub-reddit...

I finally got a match of 8 and we picked oddball on zenith but 4 players got dropped and the game started in forge mode with infinite oddball time.

How does that even happen?!

The Flash

Banned
Saw this on the Halo sub-reddit...

How does that even happen?!

Sarcastic-Mr.-Bean-Margic-Quote-Gif-Snort-Snort.gif

tootsi666

Library and Two Betrayals after are a horrible way to spend an hour or two. Fuck Flood, fuck those rooms that repeat every 5 minutes. Can't wait to get to H2A, but I'm not sure when I (and my co-op partner) get enough motivation to complete Keyes and Maw.

I should really start skipping CE when I play Halo campaigns

Booshka

Library and Two Betrayals after are a horrible way to spend an hour or two. Fuck Flood, fuck those rooms that repeat every 5 minutes. Can't wait to get to H2A, but I'm not sure when I (and my co-op partner) get enough motivation to complete Keyes and Maw.

I should really start skipping CE when I play Halo campaigns

You should get better. Game isn't that hard if you use plenty of nades and the right weapons.

Skipping CE when you play Halo campaigns is straight up blasphemy.

tootsi666

You should get better. Game isn't that hard if you use plenty of nades and the right weapons.

Skipping CE when you play Halo campaigns is straight up blasphemy.
CE isn't hard on legendary co-op (we died once in Library and 4-5 times in TB) but it's just boring and incredibly repetive. Not my cup of tea.

-Ryn

Banned
You guys are strange.. I was getting on Fracas mostly, not really the fact that people are complaining. If you really want to complain and care about being heard though, don't you think Twitter is a more effective place to do that than shit up this place (specifically, this HaloGAF community thread over the Halo OT) with multiple complaint posts? I mean, if it was someone lovable like Kangaroo Flames then alright, but Fracas at his core is just.. just.. a
monster.

Who cares, this game sucks, you all suck, I suck, and most of all, Fracas sucks.
The CE Pistol doesn't though.
I think you're both pretty cool.

Elzar's curse keeps claiming more victims.

I told ya'll.
Elzar radiates death.
wearealreadydad.jpg

It's been really cool seeing what people do with all this interactive stuff.
Damn I can't imagine what they'll do for Halo 5...

Wait a second yes I can. Weather effects, day/night cycle, more interactive stuff, and water physics so that you can create cool stuff like waterfalls.

Booshka

CE isn't hard on legendary co-op (we died once in Library and 4-5 times in TB) but it's just boring and incredibly repetive. Not my cup of tea.

If you're bored by Halo CE's gunplay and AI, then ya, move on to gimmicky Halo 2, non-stop Brutes in Halo 3, and Promethean garbage in Halo 4.

Ein Bear

Which skulls are required for a LASO run?

...I realise that might be a stupid question since it says 'All' right in the name, but I remember the challenges in Reach at least allowing you to not bother with Blind.

The client side update, which focuses on Matchmaking performance, non-matchmaking bugs, and a variety of title-specific issues, has been completed and is going through testing and certification. We are currently targeting a release of Wednesday 11/19 for this content update.

Update

Tawpgun

PSA: my skill increases at a certain level of intoxicated.

Running more tests to see if there's a fall off. Trying to determine peak halo skill and drunkness relationship

Running more tests to see if there's a fall off. Trying to determine peak halo skill and drunkness relationship

I walk a fine line before going completely to shit.

Which is only a slight downturn from the shit I normally am. So it balances out :)

MouldyK

I have to go back to work on Wednesday :(

I'm in the UK, so expect the game to work when I come home from work on Wednesday night so I can play on the weekend.

As bad as this is, 343i seem to be taking it seriously, which is good to see.

Still not redeemed themselves.

Booshka

This worked like a charm in Dark Souls a couple times, but there is a drop off, Drunken Master style. #DrunkSouls

Jackie Chan foretold of the struggles of drinking for skill and execution.

I haven't really seen any results in shooters though, my awareness is too low when I am drinking, and my shooting skill doesn't really improve, so it's not worth it.

CyReN

Just ran an online 2v2 tournament with Beyond, pretty smooth overall. In the finals one of the players had to restart their game 3-4 times but overall pretty good considering the dismal state the game is in until the patch.

Some pretty big annoyances with the game though, we can't get VoD with the current system setup to save game film, and you can only access fileshares if they are your friend AND they're online.

Booshka

Just ran an online 2v2 tournament with Beyond, pretty smooth overall. In the finals one of the players had to restart their game 3-4 times but overall pretty good considering the dismal state the game is in until the patch.

Some pretty big annoyances with the game though, we can't get VoD with the current system setup to save game film, and you can only access fileshares if they are your friend AND they're online.

Were the Finals streamed via Twitch by anyone from the respective teams? I watched some streams earlier in the day, but didn't keep up with the bracket or teams to the end.

TheXbox

Wonder how much this update will really do. I remember Battlefield 4 came out in the exact same state as MCC and that game didn't really work properly until spring of this year. Hopefully it works okay by Black Friday, otherwise I'm never getting it.

Justrekt

Neo Member
Where is the File Browser on waypoint frankie? We need people to continually bug 343 about this, this is the only big thing missing from this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom