• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

Will be interesting to see what they have addressed with the patch. I'm waiting for another gaf meltdown if they don't fix everything in one go lol.

As long as they fix Search Times, Uneven teams, joining parties, not getting split in parties and make BTB 8v8, I think the other issues can roll out little by little.

But Search times fix is the most important out of everything.

Halo 3 with BR starts doesn't suck though.
Vanilla halo 3 does.

MCC Halo 3 is okay.

Funknown covered it a few posts up, my biggest complaints were the weird fov and that sluggish movement. I don't mind leading shots, once you get used to it it's not too bad.

Overall I think Halo 3 is the weaker of the trilogy.

So are the impacts I see on enemy Spartans just lying to me? They aren't actually hitting even though it looks like they are?
Yeah, the shields flickering when you shoot people isn't an indicator of your shots registering. The only way to know for sure is when you hear that audible boop. They should make that a TIP somewhere.

Speaking of tips, where's that tips & tricks section on the Halo Channel or in the menus? Could go a long way for people.
I didn't even see legendary as a selection for game type on halo 4 when we did a custom game.

It sure looks pretty though.
Played some Custom Games of Halo 4 and had a lot of fun. I appreciate its gameplay more now that we can quickly transition between Halo games and don't have to play it as the only Halo game. So much potential with Halo 4 that I'm hoping is fully realized for Halo 5, and maybe now since TMCC is on the Xbox One that'll lessen the impact of the more drastic changes.

link1201

AND WHY IS THERE STILL NO QUIT PENALTY
I hope they implement one. I also think once everything gets sorted having ranks will help as well. If I'm not mistaken it still counts as a loss right?

I know I've been booted several times so it looks like I quit but I didn't really.

Tawpgun

So are the impacts I see on enemy Spartans just lying to me? They aren't actually hitting even though it looks like they are?

I didn't even see legendary as a selection for game type on halo 4 when we did a custom game.

Listen for the Ping in CE

As long as they fix Search Times, Uneven teams, joining parties, not getting split in parties and make BTB 8v8, I think the other issues can roll out little by little.

But Search times fix is the most important out of everything.
Global Thermal Nuclear War will commence.
I wonder if people will bitch if the update is a large amount of GBs.
gELFWOU.gif

On a serious note, I agree that the search times should be priority number one followed by fixing the uneven teams issue followed by making custom games more stable.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
gELFWOU.gif

On a serious note, I agree that the search times should be priority number one followed by fixing the uneven teams issue followed by making custom games more stable.

If a playlist is unranked, the matchmaking should be practically instant...within seconds. If it's ranked, then I can see a 30 second to one minute wait time, but anything beyond that is too long to wait.

EDIT: Also, because there isn't join-in-progress for HCE, H2, H2A, and H3, it will naturally take longer than Halo 4, but I can't remember Halo 2 ever taking more than about 30 seconds to find a game.

I can't watch Nightfall at all it seems. Flips me back and forth between it and the Halo channel.

Did you get the physical copy? There's a code in the case that you have to redeem on XBL before you can watch it.

Same thing was happening to me for a while and I had no idea what to do until someone pointed out the code in the case.

IHaveIce

Banned
If a playlist is unranked, the matchmaking should be practically instant...within seconds. If it's ranked, then I can see a 30 second to one minute wait time, but anything beyond that is too long to wait.

EDIT: Also, because there isn't join-in-progress for HCE, H2, H2A, and H3, it will naturally take longer than Halo 4, but I can't remember Halo 2 ever taking more than about 30 seconds to find a game.

You guys overestimate the playerbase on the Xbox one with that different set up of playlists.

It will still take time.

FyreWulff

The harder part of going back to 3 from Reach before was the netcode. Halo 3 was nice when the connections were good but man, you can tell Reach just had way better handling of just about everything.

Vico

Truth and Reconciliation - Holy Shit I didn't remember we have to prevent Keyes from dying. It's way too hard on legendary.

FyreWulff

'Unranked' has always been a huge misnomer in Halo.

It's the same ranking system as ranked playlists, they just hide the number from you. You still want to do skill matching even in 'unranked' play to keep games interesting.

IHaveIce

Banned
BUmper Jumper has jump not on a bumper.

Eeeeh

Edit: false alarm he explained the images are faulty and the bumpers are often flippen with the triggers

It is even weirder because almost every gametype for Halo 4 I have played in matchmaking was Legendary rules

Computer

Bulletin Feedback

Logo

The logo is pretty... generic. It's not really sci-fi looking and doesn't fit at all into the Halo theme. Compare that with the logo/header used for the text Bulletins

Host

There's a few issues with the Host. First, who is this guy and why is he now the 343 mouth piece? What happened to Bravo? I don't understand why the community manager doesn't address the community, BS Angel didn't shy away.

Secondly, who is this guy? Seriously, who is he? Is he an actor? Work Experience student? Also, why the hell does he refer to 343i as a separate entity from himself? I thought the Bulletin was supposed to be a weekly correspondence from the developers to the fans, so why doesn't he assert that authority? He talks about Tashi and Bravo locking themselves up in small rooms together for hours on end... yet are we to assume he doesn't work for 343?

Music + "Feels"

This "show" doesn't feel like an official thing from 343. The tacky music and overall feel places this show as some kind of wannabe light entertainment Hollywood gossip supplement on some fashion channel tucked away in some obscure cable package. This is not E! Online or Access Hollywood Fashion, this is supposed to be fricken Halo.

Relevant Content

Im going to assume the entire first episode was recorded well in advance and for some reason, it may have slipped somebody's mind that there might be a need for an update. The Bullet is supposed to be relevant to the week it is published right? Talking about the MCC release, Nightfall, Halo 5 Beta, the glitzy Hollywood launch - fantastic, except one minor absence.

The whole issue about MCC being a total and utter mess for players? Just imagine if we got a text Bulletin last week instead of a video one and the text one omitted ANY mention of the issues players were facing. Yup, a shitstorm. Yet the video of the prime episode fails to mention anything at all. I would appreciate if the Bulletin was actually relevant. As a player, I don't care about celebrity parties (then again, the Bulletin does make for a great Hollywood show!), I care primarily about things that affect me as a player - and most importantly is the game and the state it is in when all is not well.

The new bulletin format is bad. I would much rather have the weekly bulletin be more like a pod cast with members of 343.

just got into a 16/12 btb match in matchmaking, halo 1 blood gulch, lets see how laggy this is

Edit:...Not bad actually. Not bad at all. Huh, color me surprised.

Impala26

Anyone hosting any customs tonight?

Or are we all sort of waiting on the patch to drop and hopefully improve parties/customs as well?

belushy

Banned
I like the new bulletin format to be honest. The first episode was a lot shorter then what I would want in the future, though. Hoping they use this new show to talk about Halo 5 during and post beta. Maybe talk about some of the changes they will make, or things they are testing that week. Show off some glimpses of other modes like BTB and forge.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I like the new bulletin format to be honest. The first episode was a lot shorter then what I would want in the future, though. Hoping they use this new show to talk about Halo 5 during and post beta. Maybe talk about some of the changes they will make, or things they are testing that week. Show off some glimpses of other modes like BTB and forge.

I have no issue with the format, I'm not criticizing that. I'm criticizing everything else about it because it ranges from bad and cringe worthy, to outright unsuitably bad.

I posted my thoughts here because I'm pretty sure others will agree. I want the Bulletin to have the content you described, but I don't want to feel insulted while watching it.

I remember that, and I came here and saw how your observation were lost against team slrp experience. by the time I started playing the game, everything that look bad on paper but people around here were saying was good, it was, in reality, bad (god, how i hated the changes on CTF)

Halo 5 is the new Halo 4 pre release?

Lol "New players won't have to change their settings" cause fuck the old players, right? Gamers should just expect each "modern" shooter to play the same, because they can't handle something different? I mean they're going to ditch the game in a week anyway, so why give a fuck if the control scheme is the same as CoD?

/salt

because greenskull wants more viewers for his channel. more people playing halo means more viewers!

it's a good thing for him!

belushy

Banned
Might easily be... a remnant of the ADS system perhaps?

I wonder what other secrets Halo 4's code conceals...

I know that there is code for a few perks that never made it in. Can't remember the names.

Also a spectator mode, but I don't think modders even got it to work so it was probably hardly worked on by 343.

The code is in the game/engine, the mod simply unlocks it.

I have a lot of trouble believing that, considering it just looks like the gun moves to the center of the screen. It's not even a demo ADS, it's just a reposition.

Seriously, this does not look like it was originally in the game at all.

I think the fact that "traditional Smartlink zoom is available on select weapons, as a companion to the emergent Smart Scope mechanic" wording is pretty clear evidence ADS / smartlink in Halo 5 doesn't operate on a purely cosmetic level.

FyreWulff

I have a lot of trouble believing that, considering it just looks like the gun moves to the center of the screen. It's not even a demo ADS, it's just a reposition.

Seriously, this does not look like it was originally in the game at all.

There's always stuff like this buried in Halo engine games. Part of the reason you can tell this is real is that it uses the first person high quality models.

A mod would have just tried to put the camera on the third person weapons as you hold them, which would

1) make the Spartan clip into the camera
2) you could see the detail change
3) it would actually be harder to do since third person versions of weapons are actually larger "in-world" than their first person camera versions (this is so they're easier to see for picking up / identification)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom