• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random17

So there's a few bundles here at EB NZ:

$598 with MCC, SSOD and Forza 5 with a white X1 without Kinect and $698 with AC4 BF, ACU, Titanfall and MCC with kinect.

So is Kinect worth it? The difference is basically $100 NZ and I'm not a fan of Assassin Creed.

Computer

So fed up with MCC match making. Every game has some shit that just sucks. Uneven teams, yellow bar lag, smg starts, waiting 30 mins for a game. So frustrating.

Fuchsdh

$598 with MCC, SSOD and Forza 5 with a white X1 without Kinect and $698 with AC4 BF, ACU, Titanfall and MCC with kinect.

So is Kinect worth it? The difference is basically $100 NZ and I'm not a fan of Assassin Creed.

If you think you'll get $100NZ out of voice commands and auto sign-in, go for it. If not, you'll just have slightly more cumbersome physical button combos to do stuff.

Ghazi

So fed up with MCC match making. Every game has some shit that just sucks. Uneven teams, yellow bar lag, smg starts, waiting 30 mins for a game. So frustrating.

That's why you wait, and play something else. Sucks that it has to be that way, but it's the least frustrating option.

Magni

This game thinks I beat 343 GS in Legendary... all I did was load the level after beating AotCR and quit after the intro.

Can't wait for the patches.

Fuchsdh

It is the DEFINITIVE Halo experience.

oh-my-takei.gif

(Never played it.)

Computer

A voice command IR blaster is worth it to me.

It is the DEFINITIVE Halo experience.

jax1oex8s.gif

oh-my-takei.gif

(Never played it.)

It is just pure unadulterated fun. It isn't something super skilled or anything that you can work on to become the best at(aside from figuring out the ideal way to knock down barriers and blow up forklifts?), but it is just so much fun.

The peril you feel simply trying to navigate around is unparalleled.

That feeling you get when you're focused on knocking down a block and you start hearing people scream that the Alpha turned the corner, bah gawd. So good.

Can't wait to play it again.

daedalius

As long as matchmaking 'works' with groups, and your team doesn't get split up... I can deal with them taking a while to fix some of the other issues. Like adding red Xs back into halo 4, haha.

Frankie said on here that when MM works properly, it uses the servers, and the P2P kicks in as a backup when it's not working properly. So, maybe it'll work tomorrow? I don't know.
Odd they would have a p2p fix if they're planning on Mm being fixed an using the servers.

You'd think that p2p fix would be low priority. But then maybe it was an easy fix. I don't know.

I wonder if framerate fixes are even a possibility

MouldyK

This is like launch day all over again, I'm freaking pumped!

Please work.

I am more hyped for this game than I was before Launch. Thank god I have Friday - Sunday off...

...I better take my shower before the update and stock up on supplies...

Random17

Can't blame him for being steamed. We goofed, to put it politely. Many of the little issues are connected to a single, bigger big issue that didn't expose itself till we were in the wild and cascade from that.

Fingers crossed.

We'll keep you posted tomorrow.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936397

I know nothing about programming. How can one big and unknown issue cause a number of the little issues? The diversity of glitches in the game is fascinating.

I would imagine so. If you see anyone in Halo 2 that is +15 ahead of everyone else, it's pretty safe to assume he was the host, hah.

In most H2 FFA customs I play, first place has about double the score of second place then third and fourth are close to second then there's everyone else.

I know nothing about programming. How can one big and unknown issue cause a number of the little issues? The diversity of glitches in the game is fascinating.

Here's a shit analogy: you put the wrong type petrol in your car, you think the gauge shows a full tank so you drive onto the highway as normal to go to work and some time later you damage parts of your engine or filters and require a mechanic to examine/fix various parts you didn't expect from simply filling your petrol tank up.

One simple no-brainer thing you do over and over can have dire consequences that affect many parts of your car or getting to work or require a mechanic.

Fuchsdh

Very easily. Not to say I don't understand people doubting the official line, but I've had my entire programs fall apart due to a bad syntax issue in one part of the code that theoretically didn't impact a whole lot.

wwm0nkey

Very easily. Not to say I don't understand people doubting the official line, but I've had my entire programs fall apart due to a bad syntax issue in one part of the code that theoretically didn't impact a whole lot.
Yeah one thing really can fuck up a bunch of things in code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom