• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

Sounds like a painful job. Working in the industry probably makes it worse...
I just started learning to code but when you find a simple thing that fucks your program over you usually kick yourself pretty hard after going "ohhhhhh that's whats wrong!"

All of 343 has this x the number of units sold.

I just had 32 kills on Ivory tower, went +19 and we only tied which was a kill by me in the last second. I had a guy who was -16 and -5, the hell?

Cool patch notes. Hopefully it does what it says. Then a fast and inclusive hopper update, unlike the launch playlists.

Any chance there will be some performance fixes/options in the future?

I'd like to see an optional 30fps cap toggle for the campaigns. I wonder if Halo 2 could push 1080p with a 30fps cap, or if Halo 2 classic could be updated with some AO in campaign and multi... It would help a LOT in overall IQ I think...

I actually didn't have too much of a problem finding matches tonight, we got matched up 5 against 2, which was lame. I can see the potential of this package though, it's going to be a blast when all of the kinks get worked out. I convinced a friend (and roommate) to get a XBone with MCC and he has had more trouble finding games, which is weird as we're on the same connection. He primarily plays Halo for the multiplayer so I feel bad.

I know it's not the biggest issue, but I hope this fixes playlist numbers. 4v4 for team slayer and 8v8 for BTB. The team slayer playlist can really suck when there's uneven teams and it ends up 5 against 2 or what have you. I'm skeptical how well this patch will work, not doubting 343's abilities, but it's a lot to fix. Hoping everything works out smoothly!

Rev3rb

I know it's not the biggest issue, but I hope this fixes playlist numbers. 4v4 for team slayer and 8v8 for BTB. The team slayer playlist can really suck when there's uneven teams and it ends up 5 against 2 or what have you. I'm skeptical how well this patch will work, not doubting 343's abilities, but it's a lot to fix. Hoping everything works out smoothly!

Bravo said once matchmaking is stable, the playlist player counts will be reverted to normal.
They were apparently changed to assist in improving matchmaking times.

Dub117

Nightfall story is good, but why does it look lower quality than FOD?? Also
can pelicans do FTL travel?

Edit: lol update will correct the 1th place. Damn, I liked that one!

Ah gringo I remember that now. It's been a while since I read that thanks.

Nightfall story is good, but why does it look lower quality than FOD?? Also
can pelicans do FTL travel?

They can in the Kilo Five Trilogy
after an Engineer tinkers with it... Plus it's some new kind of Pelican also named after a bird. So, yeah. Despite my apathy I kinda dig it.

My Halo notes for the night are

• Randies are still dumb
  • Balanced teams never happen on purpose
  • Default Foundry remains terrible
  • People are really super bad at CE
  • Gungoose CTF is a thing and should not be

Nowise10

Was reading the patch notes, and saw they listed "Update to prevent players from gaining achievements in Forge".

I'm not ashamed too admit I hopped right on and did about 15 achievements or so in Forge. How was I ever going to get 15 man cannon kills without going insane, or get a kill while airborne in a gungoose.

Madness

Nightfall is just far too short and broken up to be enjoyable. Should've just been one big movie. I mean I could barely remember what happened last week and this week there was hardly any real story progression in a sense. Just as tension builds it ends. It worked for FuD but I don't know for this.

Madness

Was reading the patch notes, and saw they listed "Update to prevent players from gaining achievements in Forge".

I'm not ashamed too admit I hopped right on and did about 15 achievements or so in Forge. How was I ever going to get 15 man cannon kills without going insane, or get a kill while airborne in a gungoose.

Didn't you get really upset at the thought of skulls allowing campaign achievements and how it lessened them for you. What's the difference in boosting achievements using Forge for the multi-player ones then?

Nowise10

Didn't you get really upset at the thought of skulls allowing campaign achievements and how it lessened them for you. What's the difference in boosting achievements using Forge for the multi-player ones then?

Getting 25 kills with a Gungoose has no skill to it, and is based off of luck. Same thing with a Mancannon. Most multiplayer achievements are just luck.

But I'll admit some of them are completely capable, so shame on me.

My Halo notes for the night are

• Randies are still dumb
  • Balanced teams never happen on purpose
  • Default Foundry remains terrible
  • People are really super bad at CE
  • Gungoose CTF is a thing and should not be

Eh, we did a gungoose custom 4v4 and it was good fun. I liked the idea of it, kind of how you'd jump into action sack every now and again.

Omni

I swear my Xbox One dashboard has been more buggy since the MCC came out. So strange

And oh hey, the update comes tomorrow. No option for HUD safezones in Halo 2, but hell. At this point if I can get into a multiplayer match that would be amazing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope the patch works tomorrow. Expectations set to subterranean.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
When will we be able to promote people to leader again?
Is that a bug or just a feature they forgot / decided to forego? We need an option to set maximum number of people in a lobby, too.

Tunavi

Banned
I hope it works tomorrow.

im kinda glad multiplayer didn't work for a bit. I got to immerse myself in the h2 campaign. Ive always thought badly of it. Forget that, its fucking awesome

TheOddOne

I hope it works tomorrow.

im kinda glad multiplayer didn't work for a bit. I got to immerse myself in the h2 campaign. Ive always thought badly of it. Forget that, its fucking awesome
There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?

IHaveIce

Banned
The crushed blacks on the bone are so annoying on the later Halo 2 levels. Gravemind amd High Charity lose a lot of detail because of them

Ramirez

Made it up to Regret tonight, so knocked out about 4 Legendary levels in a couple hours, not bad. Not sure when I'll finish once MP starts working though, lol.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
Finished Halo 2 legendary, then I ran through on easy to get all the par times. I'm just ready to play MM games with friends. I really hope I can at least do that after the patch. If not, CE legendary it is...

-Ryn

Banned
343i apologists on gaming side frustrate me. "It's the publisher's fault". Give me a break.
I do wonder how many of the problems 343 were aware of. I don't doubt Frankie when he says they didn't know about a lot of it due to it not being a problem internally. However they had to know about some of the problems didn't they?

Finished Halo 2 legendary, then I ran through on easy to get all the par times. I'm just ready to play MM games with friends. I really hope I can at least do that after the patch. If not, CE legendary it is...
CE legendary is the best legendary.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
343i apologists on gaming side frustrate me. "It's the publisher's fault". Give me a break.
Who knows. MS needs games like the MCC to help sell Xbox One units this holiday season. The MCC release being postponed was not an option. I can't imagine 343 knowingly putting out such a broken game without being pressured to do so by Microsoft. There could be all kinds of scenarios:

1. Neither 343 nor MS knew the game would be so broken.
  2. 343 knew the game needed more work, but MS was pressuring them to get it out the door.
  3. 343 overlooked some major bugs because they were rushed to get the game out by MS.
  4. 343 knew the game would be buggy, but they didn't care / were lazy / were incompetent. (This is the least likely scenario imo.)
  5. etc etc

IHaveIce

Banned
Not to forget the main issue why stuff like this also like to happen:

Outsourcing, again too many companies worked on one product, and seemingly not everything worked together like it should.

I really hope Halo 5 will be developed inhouse.

Omni

Not at all related. Two Betrayals in CEA makes me so conflicted. On one hand the updated visuals are very pretty... but on the other, it looks like a Christmas tree and ruins the mood the original visuals gave.

The instant switching makes things worse. On the 360 I just stuck with the new visuals. But because it's instant I'm constantly doing it now

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Not at all related. Two Betrayals in CEA makes me so conflicted. On one hand the updated visuals are very pretty... but on the other, it looks like a Christmas tree and ruins the mood the original visuals gave.

The instant switching makes things worse. On the 360 I just stuck with the new visuals. But because it's instant I'm constantly doing it now
Think it would have been fine if the level just wasn't so bright, draws away from the night aspect a bit.

Same with 343 guilty spark, I don't mind the new artstyle, but it would be much better if they'd made it darker.

i love how fast and big the patch is, seems like most of the important matchmaking issues will be solved :)
overall great job from 343i, the patch came pretty fast tbh

and a big thanks to fix the CE hit registration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom