• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spawn in front of enemies all the time in Halo 2. Not being an apologist for CE spawns because they are funny at times, but let's not forget a couple things here:

• You can manipulate them.
  • CE maps were best for 2v2 and IMO have been improved with later versions (ie: Derelict -> Desolation).
  • Fast kill times that take skill, so you're equally unfortunate or benefiting from these spawns.
  • How many times do we complain about spawns all the time in Halo? They just seem worse in CE because of the lack of knowledge about CE and ^

EDIT:

CE has the worst spawns in the series. It's not really debatable.

And how sloooooooooow is the movement speed? I hadn't played CE MP since about 2003 and the championing of its speed on forums over the years led me to believe it was gonna be zippy. Trudging through molasses etc Strafe is snappy though.

Halo 5 GAMEPLAY - [EMPIRE] EXCLUSIVE Halo 5: Guardians Beta Gameplay [NO COMMENTARY]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfRg4Oqgq94

Top-notch sound effects.

That video also proves that BR >>> AR.
Nice touch: "Control power weapons to dominate the enemy team." Puts an emphasis on power weapon control as a goal to win the match when describing Slayer. And the "Perfect" announcer VO for the Perfect Medal sounds awesome. Reminds me of that classic arena VO.

Madness

Don't know why, I don't like the medal placements at the bottom, a bit too distracting. I like how they are in H2A, should utilize that again. With so many medals now for almost everything, it's going to be constant pop up right in the middle bottom.

Omni

Don't know why, I don't like the medal placements at the bottom, a bit too distracting. I like how they are in H2A, should utilize that again. With so many medals now for almost everything, it's going to be constant pop up right in the middle bottom.

I like the medal placement

A clear step up from H4, IMO. At least you can notice them.

I also like the medal placements. I also like the medals >_>

they're on the screen, they're noticeable, but its not flashing in your face right dead center of the screen like CoD/Halo 4. If that gets them to finally put the reticule in the center of the screen, so be it.

Ramirez

Halo 5 looks promising, I'm fine with everything in that video. The chatter is great for solo play, allow it to be turned off for group play though.

TheOddOne

LOL

lolvluac.gif

LOL

Halo 2 needs BR/Carbine starts.
I like 'em so far.

Halo 5 GAMEPLAY - [EMPIRE] EXCLUSIVE Halo 5: Guardians Beta Gameplay [NO COMMENTARY]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfRg4Oqgq94

Probably the best vid so far.

Top-notch sound effects.

That video also proves that BR >>> AR.

Not sure how to feel about that video

The recoil animation when you get hit while shooting is bad, specially in the AR, so wonky. Maybe is their way to nerf it to not destroy everything because close combat weapons dominates in this kind of gameplay no matter what you do.

Also why you get a cooldown time for the thruster packs to not get full use of the maps and auto grab edges

Havok

All the videos are showing a lot of potential for H5, which is pretty surprising to me given all of the elements it has. Still have some concerns about AR starts, TTK on the automatics, and things like the ground pound and ease of ledge clamber, but the majority of my big gripes are presentational at this point - something that's partially fueled by benefit of the doubt after hearing how much the aim assist has been dialed down. I'd like to see some more gametypes, as that's traditionally been where 343 has struggled the most in the past.

I also like the medal placements. I also like the medals >_>

they're on the screen, they're noticeable, but its not flashing in your face right dead center of the screen like CoD/Halo 4. If that gets them to finally put the reticule in the center of the screen, so be it.
Yeah, under the reticule is a smart place. Lets them have a bit more real estate, is close to the eye's natural resting place, and isn't obtrustive since you've already got plenty of elements blocking view down there. In general I think the contrast for those is quite a bit better than in Halo 4, partially because you've got the background of the first person models, and partially because there isn't the sort of washed-out look to the game.

Halo 5 looks promising, I'm fine with everything in that video. The chatter is great for solo play, allow it to be turned off for group play though.
I guess it depends on which part of the chatter we're talking about. The location reporting for enemies could be nice but really depends on the implementation. When you add things like "Nice headshot!" and "Thanks for the assist" though, it starts to make the audio landscape very busy from what I've heard, especially when in combination with the continued development of Steitzer's blabbermouth complex. I suspect if there is a toggle, those two pieces of Spartan chatter would not be separated, which would be a shame.

jem0208

Someone needed to return to even out your slrpfest.

It was getting a bit boring without the anti-slrp.

The slrp was going uncontested.

I like the medal placement

A clear step up from H4, IMO. At least you can notice them.

I actually quite like how pronounced the medal placement and stuff is. It's one thing which quite annoyed me about Halo 3, 2 and CE. It's sometimes quite difficult to tell whether or not you got a kill. You have to scan through a bunch of text which is all the same colour and is far off to the side. It means you have to take your eyes off the action to confirm if you got a kill or not. It's nice being able to confirm your kill instantly.

Why would anyone want to be composed into a dog

that's all I could think about when playing Halo 4. Like you give your life for a cause but you don't even get to be the badass robot solider that teleports and has shields and OP weapons. just a dog

I think the robodogs from H4 are a lesser form of AI, just like Watchers. Only knights were actual sentient life before being compossed.

It was getting a bit boring without the anti-slrp.

The slrp was going uncontested.

you're telling me, that its boring to just hear the praises of a game/studio?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one of the greenskull videos brings a good question to mind,
XvfhiKm.png

ADS on precision weapons needs to go, but I'm starting to like the idea of automatics having a tighter spread when zooming.

Thruster packs seems to create some kind of skill gap, makes you think different and raise your awareness. I like it.

Spartan chatter is distracting and pretty stupid imo, that bleeping sound is annoying as hell too... it was driving me crazy.

The BR seems to be a beast, silly scope tho.

I'm liking what I'm seeing, plus dat diagonal ground pounding... wonder if I can eject my ass from across the map if I'm on a high position.

Also, are the aerial vehicles a the begining hornets or pelicans?

For weapons like the sniper rifle with a secondary zoom.

double clicking the zoom has worked since CE in 2001, if it isnt broken then whats the use in changing it? and its still taking up a button that could be used for another action.

its superfluous and not really needed unless a change like this is implemented.

Halo: Click to zoom, click again to zoom further, hold to unzoom
Modern: LT to zoom, and another button to zoom further.

CliQ

hBclf3r.jpg

MCC Throwdown Week 2!!!

8v8 CTF Bloodline
8v8 1 Flag CTF Stone Town

Send me a PM with your GT and skill level (1-10) if you want to play.

Here are the signups so far.

xGranadier
xCliQuEx
Jayrme D
Welfare Queen I
Kaizen Gamer
TheShocker024

See you on the battlefield!

RoKKeR

My thoughts:

I've pretty much done a 180 on the game and think it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. My biggest complaint right now boils down to this...

Superfluous Bullshit

This comes in many forms, such as:
-Too many medals
-Spartan chatter
-Steitzer's terrible announcing. Like seriously let me turn that shit off it's so bad. "Purrrrrrrfect". NO.
-Pre-game/post-game Spartan bro-facular montages
-Headshot "kerplunk" noise sounds like it's straight out of Plants vs. Zombies
-Beeps and boops, hit marker sounds, grenade hit marker sounds, etc etc.
-Shield beep is different again, too many beeps, not enough Halo

Other thoughts -- BR spread is way to low/tight. Essentially just looks like a DMR, no punishment for not nailing 100% of your shots on the body like there was in Halo 2 and Halo 3. They need to loosen that up to differentiate it from the DMR a bit more. Maybe it'll make more sense when playing.

Am I weird for thinking the BR spread just seems, off? It hardly looks/sounds like it's firing 3 shots.

Is that control scheme accuate? Did they put It'snotADS on the ADS button? And why did they switch crouch to RS?

As long as there's plenty of options, I guess.

jem0208

you're telling me, that its boring to just hear the praises of a game/studio?

It's equally boring to hear constant negativity. A good mix is what's needed.

So left trigger zoom is for the people who don't really play Halo right?

Why cater to the people who actually buy your games day one.

Is it really that big a deal that the default is a CoD style? Most people who care would be changing their control scheme anyway.

Because the need to show the CoD crowd that we're like that game too. Maybe hopefully they stay for 2 days instead of 1.
I can't wait for Halo 6 and it's killstreaks

Just be fucking Halo. There's a reason we've stuck around for 13 years, and it's not because Halo follows other shooters.

Just be Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom