• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited it, sorry about that.

But apparently it doesn't happen in the books, it happens in the comic books I guess. So weird to have him be the big bad in the Halo 4 just to have that happen in the comic book.

That's just...... Depressing honestly.

Spoiler about his fate.

Chief activates the halo ring orbiting Earth but separated the control room where the Didact were and launch it to the space so only that section exploded with the Didact.

Chief somehow knows the Didact was only was "neutralized" but not dead.

klodeckel

Banned
Probsbly a typo.

i-see-what-you-did-there-png.78844

Fuchsdh

Yeah while the Halo 5 stuff is probably an entirely separate team from whoever's doing this tech fixes for MCC, I don't imagine they'd want to push it forward.

willow ve

So the Halo 5 Beta has been pushed forward to Dec 9? According to a magazine, not sure if it was a typo...

http://xboxcomplete.com/news/halo-5-guardians-beta-coming-december-9th

I would rather the extend it past the current end date instead of push up the launch. Give them time to beta test the beta test ... you know, so we can actually play it when it becomes available.

Going to be a shit storm if the beta goes live and all the matchmaking defaults to P2P or just puts you into random campaign levels.

Omni

I literally can't find a damn game in matchmaking. A lot is riding on this patch tomorrow.

If it doesn't work I'll probably try and get a refund. Pick it up again used when it's fixed.

jem0208

I would rather the extend it past the current end date instead of push up the launch. Give them time to beta test the beta test ... you know, so we can actually play it when it becomes available.

Going to be a shit storm if the beta goes live and all the matchmaking defaults to P2P or just puts you into random campaign levels.

I'd happily play some Halo 5 campaign ;)

Right im at the end of halo 1 where you have to make that big jump in the warthog. I can't remember how I did it previously, all I recall is it took me many, many attempts. Is there a trick to it? I make the jump but still end up dying when I land.

Somebody help. The checkpoint goes to far back and I'm not sure how many more tries I've got in me.

Also is there anywhere we can read a summary of what's happened with the master chief during the escalation comics?

Fingers crossed for the patch. Playing Halo MCC has been a headache.. at this point I'm more excited for the next Nightfall episode just because I know it will work.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Right im at the end of halo 1 where you have to make that big jump in the warthog. I can't remember how I did it previously, all I recall is it took me many, many attempts. Is there a trick to it? I make the jump but still end up dying when I land.

Somebody help. The checkpoint goes to far back and I'm not sure how many more tries I've got in me.
I'm not sure what you mean. You just gotta go fast. Like, go straight forward at full speed.

I'm not sure what you mean. You just gotta go fast. Like, go straight forward at full speed.
This really is all there is too it. It's amazing how when halo 1 first came out I had real problems finishing the run in Legendary.

Now I have time to spare when I do it.

For the jump, just straight and fast.

Also is there anywhere we can read a summary of what's happened with the master chief during the escalation comics?

I think it has to do with it being a port of the PC version. It's not going to kill you 100% and make the game unwinnable or anything, but I remember the jump being touchier on PC. Try using the camera to spin the warthog around (like you're doing midair donuts) and it should mitigate the falling acceleration a little bit.

HaleStorm

Maybe he is talking about the one when Cortana says there is a huge jump and it looks like you should make it to that high platform. You never do, and the gap she is talking about is actually quite small and after that big drop.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This really is all there is too it. It's amazing how when halo 1 first came out I had real problems finishing the run in Legendary.

Now I have time to spare when I do it.

For the jump, just straight and fast.
I have plenty of difficulties with it, but not that part. I just get stuck on random pieces of geometry.

Maybe he is talking about the one when Cortana says there is a huge jump and it looks like you should make it to that high platform. You never do, and the gap she is talking about is actually quite small and after that big drop.
Ohhhh, I can see why that's confusing if you think you're supposed to reach the higher area, haha. I forgot about that.

Omni

Speaking of the Warthog run. Did they add more time or something? I did it earlier and finished with almost 2 minutes left on the clock on Heroic

but I can distinctly remember struggling to finish with a minute left on the clock to get that achievement on the 360

Fuchsdh

My old GT was randomrosso93 but MS wouldn't let me drop the numbers because "reasons". And it started to bother me a lot so I decided to change it to something random

I got inspiration from dinosaurs

Haha, I saw your GT on my dashboard the other day and thought I had friended Nebula at some point and forgotten about it.

Speaking of the Warthog run. Did they add more time or something? I did it earlier and finished with almost 2 minutes left on the clock on Heroic

but I can distinctly remember struggling to finish with a minute left on the clock to get that achievement on the 360

There's a minute less on Legendary, and I believe that's the difficulty you needed to run for that achievement.

HaleStorm

I think it is due to fewer mistakes being caused by slow down and poor controls when frames start dropping.

HTupolev

Maw Run has 5 minutes on Legendary, 6 minutes on lower difficulties.

I think it is due to fewer mistakes being caused by slow down and poor controls when frames start dropping.
A MINUTE of difference? For something which mostly doesn't depend on precise twitch controls anyway?

No.

I have plenty of difficulties with it, but not that part. I just get stuck on random pieces of geometry.

Ohhhh, I can see why that's confusing if you think you're supposed to reach the higher area, haha. I forgot about that.

It is worth nothing that I'm pretty sure there's an easter egg up there, though. I know Rex is bottom-level in that huge area but I think something else was up top. You could always grenade jump onto a pylon and walk over.

jem0208

CE would be better if it weren't for the absolutely abysmal spawns.

Last game I played I died twice because I spawned infront of two people.

dwells

Crouch, strafe, Pistol. Spawns get crazy in each game, to be fair.

As much as I love Halo CE and think it's a solid competitive game, its spawns are a joke. Supposedly they were an intentional design decision to keep matches active/interesting, particularly on larger maps, by spawning people close together. Makes sense since a lot of games were played split screen or small LAN parties and you'd typically have a handful of people at most.

As a closeted CE purist I can safely say player spawns are a thing that definitely improved over time. They're not there for super l33t tactical evasion and establishing dominance directly on spawn with a viable utility. They're just 2001-era video game spawns. They suck.

Welfare

So after playing Halo 4 last night, I wanted to read more on the Ur-Didact (I have not read silentium yet)......
And does 343 really have him killed by Master Chief and Blue Team? When does this even happen, what book?

This is seriously a wtf moment for me, because after Halo 4, I figured we would see him again in halo 5 or 6.... Guess not though.

Wait,
he's dead? I thought he just took a Bullshot to the helmet, said "fuck you", and left. No way is he dead.

EDIT:
He was "contained". He could be put into a super badass Promethean Battle armor if he still lives through "code".

No, spawns never get as bad as they do in CE 4v4.
I spawn in front of enemies all the time in Halo 2. Not being an apologist for CE spawns because they are funny at times, but let's not forget a couple things here:

• You can manipulate them.
  • CE maps were best for 2v2 and IMO have been improved with later versions (ie: Derelict -> Desolation).
  • Fast kill times that take skill, so you're equally unfortunate or benefiting from these spawns.
  • How many times do we complain about spawns all the time in Halo? They just seem worse in CE because of the lack of knowledge about CE and ^

EDIT:
As a closeted CE purist I can safely say player spawns are a thing that definitely improved over time. They're not there for super l33t tactical evasion and establishing dominance directly on spawn with a viable utility. They're just 2001-era video game spawns.

Serious question, how'd you get the hog through that last door to the skull? I just can't make that jump anymore without it.
You can also do a grenade jump without the warthog. I brought a couple frags and plasmas, went through the cutscene to get a checkpoint and then it took several attempts to make the jump.

Omni

Why would anyone want to be composed into a dog

that's all I could think about when playing Halo 4. Like you give your life for a cause but you don't even get to be the badass robot solider that teleports and has shields and OP weapons. just a dog

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Why would anyone want to be composed into a dog

that's all I could think about when playing Halo 4. Like you give your life for a cause but you don't even get to be the badass robot solider that teleports and has shields and OP weapons. just a dog

Those dogs are annoying as fuck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom