• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Nightfall episodes are so short! :(

I don't understand why they weren't released as a whole block. That's what I expected from how they talked about it pre-launch.

Keep that weekly release bullshit for the advertisement infested cable channels.

TheOddOne

I guess it depends on which part of the chatter we're talking about. The location reporting for enemies could be nice but really depends on the implementation. When you add things like "Nice headshot!" and "Thanks for the assist" though, it starts to make the audio landscape very busy from what I've heard, especially when in combination with the continued development of Steitzer's blabbermouth complex. I suspect if there is a toggle, those two pieces of Spartan chatter would not be separated, which would be a shame.
This is a great idea. Get on it, 343.

RowdyReverb

I didn't notice until that vid that sprinting actual resets your shield recharge timer rather than just delaying it while you're sprinting. It makes sprinting sound like a terrible prospect for combat situations, but still keeps the mobility option there for those boring times when there is no action and you're far away from any structures or vehicles. Really a great compromise imo

Episodic doesn't mean weekly.

House of Cards is an episodic series.

I haven't seen house of cards yet but I doubt it's episodic. The way I understand it is, shows are either soaps or episodic. If the show repeats the same formula every episode, it's episodic. If there is a continuing storyline with no definitive formula repeated each episode, it is a soap.

Freeser

9iMYnil.gif

Is it just me or does it seem like the magnum has a slight bloom animation in there?

Granadier

I haven't seen house of cards yet but I doubt it's episodic. The way I understand it is, shows are either soaps or episodic. If the show repeats the same formula every episode, it's episodic. If there is a continuing storyline with no definitive formula repeated each episode, it is a soap.

That's a completely different topic, but if that were true then it would negate the issue as well.

I don't much care though. I'm only concerned with why Nightfall wasn't released in full. I would have watched all episodes/soaps in one go most likely, but at this point I'm not much interested in spending time with the series anymore.

Is it just me or does it seem like the magnum has a slight bloom animation in there?

Crosshair definitely expands on shot.

Halo is about using the map to your advantage. Strafe left, sideways crouch jump on top of a crate, jump right off the crate, then gandhi hop as you fall..all while firing on an enemy. How much of this skillful gameplay will be present without crouch jump, without gandhi hop, with clambering animations that only activate from the front, and ADS removing your situational awareness by blocking half your screen?

Never mind. Shoulder charge replaces all that lost depth. Carry on.

jem0208

Whenever I get this medal I tell myself to stop dying and playing like a scrub, so it helps bring a level of reality to your poor movement/gameplay IMO. Should be "Hey a-hole, stop playing like a jerk and actually help your team. You know, like we said before this match started.. 'Control power weapons to dominate the enemy team!' Newb."
I like the idea of reminding people that they need to pick it up. However medals are meant to reward good play, not bad play.

they need more medals to remind people that they make mistakes. like a butterfingers medal for missing a Clamber.

or a Feed medal for dying the most in the game.

or just stop trying to reward people for shit that doesnt need to be rewarded. get a normal kill, doesnt need a medal. like that is insulting to the player's intelligence

For once, I'm actually going to have to agree with you, partly. I actually like the kill medal, easy way to confirm you got a kill without having to scan a bunch of text. You can confirm without looking away from the action.

I like the idea of reminding people that they need to pick it up. However medals are meant to reward good play, not bad play.

For once, I'm actually going to have to agree with you, partly. I actually like the kill medal, easy way to confirm you got a kill without having to scan a bunch of text. You can confirm without looking away from the action.

You can easily see if you got a kill if the dude drops and you act like the text is sentences,it just says someone killed someone.

Granadier

That seems like it will defeat the purpose of a smart scope. What good is it to zoom a weapon if it's mid/long range capabilities are crippled?

Don't ask questions about gameplay changes.

Just accept it and let it happen.

Impala26

they need more medals to remind people that they make mistakes. like a butterfingers medal for missing a Clamber.

or a Feed medal for dying the most in the game.

or just stop trying to reward people for shit that doesnt need to be rewarded. get a normal kill, doesnt need a medal. like that is insulting to the player's intelligence

Call it "Purple Heart" and I'm actually on board for this!
XD

jem0208

You can easily see if you got a kill if the dude drops and you act like the text is sentences,it just says someone killed someone.

It's just a bit annoying and I prefer having the medal. You know you've got the kill without having to even look, you can see it in your peripheral vision.

That seems like it will defeat the purpose of a smart scope. What good is it to zoom a weapon if it's mid/long range capabilities are crippled?

The pistol has been like that since Reach, it was toned down a lot in 4 though.

Also the rate at which the bloom reduces is extremely fast. I can't see it being a big problem.

YES. I was shocked to actually like something coming out of the new Steitzer's mouth, haha.

I see that green skull vid got posted fast.

Am I the only one that thinks Jeff is talking too much in halo 5? I really dont want to get tired of hearing him say "perfect" 2000000 times throughout halo 5 mp :/ bungie almost made the same mistake with the "close call" near death survive medal in reach. in the beta jeff would always yell CLOSE CALL when you recovered from near death & it quickly got annoying.

I dont want this perfect call out to be the same thing =(

Aside from that I am loving the map design in this game. Lots of arena inspiration in empire. Tons of sight lines while having a lot of close choke points.

GrizzNKev

Banned

Am I the only one that thinks Jeff is talking too much in halo 5? I really dont want to get tired of hearing him say "perfect" 2000000 times throughout halo 5 mp :/ bungie almost made the same mistake with the "close call" near death survive medal in reach. in the beta jeff would always yell CLOSE CALL when you recovered from near death & it quickly got annoying.

Aside from that I am loving the map design in this game. Lots of arena inspiration in empire. Tons of sight lines while having a lot of close choke points.

He definitely talks way too much. There's a lot of cool ideas for new medals in there, but they don't all have to be voiced. I feel like this is in some way an attempt to make up for the lack of "HEADSHOT +10" that we had in Halo 4 because of the experience-based ranking system. If we can't constantly be filling progress bars then we need to be yelled at about how good we are instead. Mehhh.

daedalius

New vid looks great, although that enemy team is pretty awful for sure.

Can't wait for the beta still; hopefully the patch rolls out well tonight so I can get my Halo fix.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Not sure how to feel about that video

The recoil animation when you get hit while shooting is bad, specially in the AR, so wonky. Maybe is their way to nerf it to not destroy everything because close combat weapons dominates in this kind of gameplay no matter what you do.

Also why you get a cooldown time for the thruster packs to not get full use of the maps and auto grab edges

I thought there was no flinch?

Hola, soy nuevo y no me ubico muxo en esto de los fors, queria saber si alguien sabe como construir una dobladora d etubos(pipe bender), vi que un integrante del foro tenia una antigua, me gustatia saber si puede compartir las dimensiones(un planito), lo d ela bomba se cambia por una gata hidraulica y listo.

Gracias de antemano y muy buen foro

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

He definitely talks way way way too much. I'm just glad one of his new lines sounds good, lol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I have the whole evening open and I'm gonna be majorly bummed if the patch don't work.

-Ryn

Banned
It's equally boring to hear constant negativity. A good mix is what's needed.
HaloGaf is like a pretzel. Salt is good. Cinnamon Sugar is good too.
Salty Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels are fucking delicious.

FUCK ADS,

Your King returns.
Speaking of Salt; how ya been Ragna?

Man if the beta has a BTB mode I'll play that thing till my balls dry.
Bro... are you down to clown? What if it were an Invasion adaptation!?

I can't wait to see the endgame screen with like 16 Spartans all high fiving eachother.

I'm liking what I'm seeing, plus dat diagonal ground pounding... wonder if I can eject my ass from across the map if I'm on a high position.
I really want to see how far the Ground Pound can go. I'm just imagining so many cool ideas.

Halo 5 GAMEPLAY - [EMPIRE] EXCLUSIVE Halo 5: Guardians Beta Gameplay [NO COMMENTARY]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfRg4Oqgq94

Probably the best vid so far.

Top-notch sound effects.

That video also proves that BR >>> AR.
I wonder what qualifies as a "miss" for a ledge grab. There were a couple times it looked like he should have made it but didn't. The animation had even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom