• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jTmZI89.png

You'll Smart Scope whether or not your gun's accuracy changes since you get more accurate when zoomed in by virtue of being better able to track your target.

The fact that you had to correct yourself by stealth editing to pretend it's not ADS speaks volumes. Of course a game mechanic is going to be used if it's core to the gameplay and is integrated within the sandbox. That's like saying "sprint is no different than a higher base speed since you're just going to be moving to traverse the map anyway."

RowdyReverb

My dream game mode for Halo 5 would be a 8-12 player version of Firefight with tons of server-controlled AIs at once. I'm actually hoping that this is the type of thing Kampfheld was referring to in his hints. I'm expecting that Halo 5 is going to be a showcase for what Azure can do to enhance games, and that would be a great way to do it.

I wonder what qualifies as a "miss" for a ledge grab. There were a couple times it looked like he should have made it but didn't. The animation had even started.

Yes, he missed various edge grabs but since Halo have not a jump obstacle mechanic the spartan just fell off.

Bro... are you down to clown? What if it were an Invasion adaptation!?

I can't wait to see the endgame screen with like 16 Spartans all high fiving eachother.

While Im almost certain Invasion will not likely return Im still pretty sure there will be a new BTB mode similar to it, basically mixing slayer and objective with some kind of backstory thrown into it.

Dominion was 343's Invasion succesor but it just didn't have it's charm, it was pretty bland plus I didn't know wht the hell I was doing when playing it.

I talked with Wahrer about bringing my own approach to "Invasion" for H4 via modding but I got pretty pissed when they decided files would not transfer from 360 to X1 and decided to get things on hold.

I might do a write up on it someday.

My dream game mode for Halo 5 would be a 8-12 player version of Firefight with tons of server-controlled AIs at once. I'm actually hoping that this is the type of thing Kampfheld was referring to in his hints. I'm expecting that Halo 5 is going to be a showcase for what Azure can do to enhance games, and that would be a great way to do it.

I would welcome this mode too. While I love a few playlists of multiplayer I'm getting fairly tired of long search times, quitters and poorly matched games/players. Bungie took a risk with ODST firefight, Destiny RAIDS and if that repetition could be tapered off with user generated missions or procedurally generated missions or monthly content releases etc then it could really be something that lasts years with solid populations.

I'd happily break up my time 50/50 across coop vs. PvP. At least with coop you tend to get to choose what you want to play as well and take things at your own pace. I think a major gripe with Halo for me is the lack of specific choice in playing what I or a party want in matchmaking. Toggles man, it hurts.

Freeser

Of course a game mechanic is going to be used if it's core to the gameplay and is integrated within the sandbox. That's like saying "sprint is no different than a higher base speed since you're just going to be moving to traverse the map anyway."

Completely agree. Also, it's going to send the wrong message to newcomers. If your weapon is intended to scope then you should damn well better be able to use it efficiently at mid/long range.

Tawpgun

WELP.

Guess I'm not gonna get to enjoy that new fixed MCC today or anytime soon....

Got back home to find I was robbed. As far as I can tell now the only thing missing is my Xbone and 2 controllers.

My 360, my TV, and even my Xbone Kinect are still here, strangely.

Fuckin sucks

GrizzNKev

Banned
WELP.

Got back home to find I was robbed. As far as I can tell now the only thing missing is my Xbone and 2 controllers.

Fuckin sucks

Shit, that's terrifying. I'd never feel safe if that happened to me. What can you do in response?

Booshka

WELP.

Fuckin sucks

WTF

rrc1594

WELP.

Fuckin sucks

Damn bro that sucks

WELP.

Fuckin sucks

whoa

jem0208

WELP.

Fuckin sucks

Wtf? They only took your X1? That's weird.

Bastards :/ that sucks though...

WELP.

Fuckin sucks

wtf? that really sucks :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
WELP.

Fuckin sucks
Aw fuck. What the hell is up with HaloGAF members getting robbed?

WELP.

Fuckin sucks

Prepare for a angry note returning your X1 saying they thought it was a PS4.

But seriously thank god nothing bad happened to you.

Caja 117

WELP.

Fuckin sucks

WTF, my bigget fear with these electronics

this cases is just expend money on it again, it seems whoever did it knew you had this beforehand.

Stay strong bro

Tawp, did you ever make your Xbox "My Home Console?" Maybe you can call Microsoft and have them track it in some way using the IP of the console that has your licenses.

Doubt that will work, but since phones can be traced through GPS by police departments communicating with service providers.. surely a stretch, but would make for a positive outcome to these shitty situations.

Dub117

WELP.

Fuckin sucks
Damn that does suck. Like the others have said, sounds like someone knew what they were after...

The fact that you had to correct yourself by stealth editing to pretend it's not ADS speaks volumes. Of course a game mechanic is going to be used if it's core to the gameplay and is integrated within the sandbox. That's like saying "sprint is no different than a higher base speed since you're just going to be moving to traverse the map anyway."

I didn't "stealth edit" to "pretend" anything. You're too cynical and antagonistic for what I thought was a conversation.

I don't want to call it "ADS" since it doesn't function identically and calling it ADS is why this argument is still happening. It's not ADS. It's Smart Scope. I had ADS in quotation marks before the edit to make that point.

Either way, it's functionally identical to what scoping is now. It looks cooler however, and by being defaulted to LT fills that ADS bucket shooters need these days to feel modern.

jem0208

I didn't "stealth edit" to "pretend" anything. You're too cynical and antagonistic for what I thought was a conversation.

I don't want to call it "ADS" since it doesn't function identically and calling it ADS is why this argument is still happening. It's not ADS. It's Smart Scope. I had ADS in quotation marks before the edit to make that point.

Either way, it's functionally identical to what scoping is now. It looks cooler however, and fills that ADS bucket shooters need to have these days to feel modern.
It's not quite functionally identical, at least not for automatics. It appears to be the same for precision weapons though.

It's not quite functionally identical, at least not for automatics. It appears to be the same for precision weapons though.

This has not been verified and claims from 343 contradict what you're saying.

WELP.

Fuckin sucks

They left the Kinect? Those monsters.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It just unnecessarily obscures the action, leaving you looking at a close-up of your gun instead of a better view of who you're shooting at.

It just unnecessarily obscures the action, leaving you looking at a close-up of your gun instead of a better view of who you're shooting at.

Zooming in Halo has always removed your radar unnecessarily. What's another "unnecessary" thing zooming hides that it shouldn't? It's largely aesthetic. The argument that it shouldn't hide stuff is so tangential to the actual conversation about Halo 5's "ADS".

Either way, it's functionally identical to what scoping is now. It looks cooler however, and by being defaulted to LT fills that ADS bucket shooters need these days to feel modern.

Even jem acknowledges it's not identical from a standpoint of functionality, mechanics, whatever you want to call it - aiming down sights explicitly modifies values of the gun that's using them while active, whether it's spread, range, whatever. It may serve a similar functional role as a replacement for zoom, but it's in no way functionally identical to traditional zoom.

Welfare

THE FUCKING PEOPLE WHo HAVE PLAYED THE GAME SAY THAT THE AUTOMATICS GET MORE EFFECTIVE WHEN YOU ADS.

ffs.

What if they think it's better? People use it thinking this, and then when 343 looks at how many people use Smart Scope, they tell us it's a popular feature and it won't get removed.

WHAT IF

What if they think it's better? People use it thinking this, and then when 343 looks at how many people use Smart Scope, they tell us it's a popular feature and it won't get removed.

WHAT IF
Then WTF Have There In The First Place If It Does Nothing But ADS!? The pistol seems fine with no differences but AR doesn't appear "Cosmetic" only.

RSB

Banned

LOL, no. ADS looks like shit, just like in every other game. Classic zoom is so much more elegant.

Anyway, I can deal with cosmetic ADS, but only if classic scope is an option. If not, fuck that shit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Zooming in Halo has always removed your radar unnecessarily. What's another "unnecessary" thing zooming hides that it shouldn't? It's largely aesthetic. The argument that it shouldn't hide stuff is so tangential to the actual conversation about Halo 5's "ADS".
I was talking about ADS blocking the view of the action in front of you moreso than the current style of scoping. I wasn't talking about radar at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom