• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gus from roosterteeth said this. Here is your source, hope it doesnt hurt your brain.

You don't have to be a dick about it. I've already watched this video and don't recall him confirming that ADS changes how accurate a weapon is. Have a timestamp? Everything I've seen is just people discussing reticles or how a weapon feels, and ADS will always make a weapon feel more accurate. Frankie says otherwise quite plainly, which is why I'm doubtful.

No crosshair bloom when using smart scope.
YJ7I4Ex.png

Crosshair bloom when using hip fire.
3BP1qGp.png

Think of it similar to no bloom DMR vs DMR w/ bloom in terms of how it functions. Since AR/SMG are close-range atuomatics, the bloom doesn't affect these weapons as much as the DMR in Reach (because it was long range single-shot).

The only evidence I've seen is people discussing reticles, such as what you posted. Do we know that the reticles represent a change in how the weapon functions?

Here's a thought, would the guys who are completely against this semi-faux ADS prefer not to have visible weapons at all? I mean some of the weapons are pretty big when just walking around. The sniper is huge.

I like seeing my weapon. It's a nice trade-off for power weapons and is immersive.

It wasn't

Then my game has a bug because I was registering all my shots last game with no beep.

Grabbing clip.

EDIT:

No beep 1
No. I'm saying it wasn't a bad idea. I don't like the bloop. I know others do but I never did. If they lowered the volume of the bloop than I'd be happy with that.

Whoops. Sorry about that. I agree 100% with lowering the volume, but removing it outright (or at least this bug) sucks.

what a joke then ._.

theres no way you effectively can tell if you hit more than just one bullet as the first hit will make the shield light for a few time
so basically you get no clue on weather the follow-up shots actually hit or not, all you know is your first bullet did

man all they had to do was to reduce the volume of the beep, the beep itself is needed and was imo only questioned by people that have played close to no CE and felt its annoying without realizing what actual information it holds

This.

i really would like to hear a reasonable point for why the beep is gone now
the only one i could imagine is because it was too loud and annoying
and while reducing the volume is clearly the most obvious step its gone entirely now?!

i mean this can only be a bug right?
or else it would be part of the patch notes, which it isnt

welcome to Halo CE have a seat and enjoy our great guessing game

KiboSenshi

Neo Member
Played my first lag free match on Halo 3 in about 3 years. Feels good man. 60 fps is so nice. Too bad the team slayer match was 5v5 on Blackout.

i really would like to hear a reasonable point for why the beep is gone now
the only one i could imagine is because it was too loud and annoying
and while reducing the volume is clearly the most obvious step its gone entirely now?!

i mean this can only be a bug right?
or else it would be part of the patch notes, which it isnt

welcome to Halo CE have a seat and enjoy our great guessing game

Yeah, I was actually appreciating it since CE has been Spartans On Ice so far.

MouldyK

Players Found.

Players Found..

Players Found...

Players Found.

Players Found..

Players Found...

You get the point...no games found yet.

-Ryn

Banned
I Missed all of you. yes even Elzar.
We all missed you too. HaloGaf isn't the same without your fiery salt.

While Im almost certain Invasion will not likely return Im still pretty sure there will be a new BTB mode similar to it, basically mixing slayer and objective with some kind of backstory thrown into it.

Dominion was 343's Invasion succesor but it just didn't have it's charm, it was pretty bland plus I didn't know wht the hell I was doing when playing it.

I talked with Wahrer about bringing my own approach to "Invasion" for H4 via modding but I got pretty pissed when they decided files would not transfer from 360 to X1 and decided to get things on hold.

I might do a write up on it someday.
That'd be really cool to see sometime dude. Invasion is my favorite game mode in Halo history with CTF just behind it.
Dominion felt like it could have been cool but like you said it just didn't have the charm. It was just sort of all over the place and there wasn't any flow.

Yes, he missed various edge grabs but since Halo have not a jump obstacle mechanic the spartan just fell off.
...I think I'm just more confused now.

That really bites dude. I hope you're able to figure out something whether it's a way to get your stuff or just figure out what happened.
Glad you're okay at least.

The bwongs are still there actually,just much quieter

Was just about to say this.

Im pretty sure the patch just needs time to settle. Not to mention some arent even being prompted to DL it. So some having the patch & some not having the patch is probably resulting in issues.

Failed to get inb4 the salt flow so

D4D0L.gif

SEE YOU ALL IN MM
(whoever has me added)

inMMb4ExWifeGetsRekt

oh

^My first (and only) game in this patch was a H1 Chill Out match.

Now I cant find games but im cool with waiting as it evens out.

Im pretty sure the patch just needs time to settle. Not to mention some arent even being prompted to DL it. So some having the patch & some not having the patch is probably resulting in issues.

D4D0L.gif

SEE YOU ALL IN MM
(whoever has me added)

inMMb4ExWifeGetsRekt

oh

There are those who said this salt would never come. What have they to say now?

btags

Why are people disappointed the CE beep is gone. If you want to know if you hit someone look to see if their shields flare up.

Welfare

D4D0L.gif

SEE YOU ALL IN MM
(whoever has me added)

inMMb4ExWifeGetsRekt

oh

What's your tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom