• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

wwm0nkey

Im only looking forward to Phantom Dust, ScaleBound and Crackdown so far. Need to see Rare's new game too.

I am never touching another Gears game again so I am pretty upset that BlackTusks's game got canned for it. Then I'm not sure if I'm getting Halo 5 or not, depends on launch day impressions.

So until Fall I think my Xbox will be collecting dust :/

-Ryn

Banned
Im only looking forward to Phantom Dust, ScaleBound and Crackdown so far. Need to see Rare's new game too.

I am never touching another Gears game again so I am pretty upset that BlackTusks's game got canned for it. Then I'm not sure if I'm getting Halo 5 or not, depends on launch day impressions.

So until Fall I think my Xbox will be collecting dust :/
What do you think of Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, LoZ, and Smash?

RdN

Pretty much nailed it. Beyond ridiculous, especially with zero communication of what's going on.

That's what really gets me.. 343i is completely incompetent at public relationships.

Bravo doesn't have the experience to be the community manager for a franchise as big as Halo. He shows it everyday.

wwm0nkey

What do you think of Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, LoZ, and Smash?
Not too sure on Bloodborne yet and I'm optimistic about NMS but going to wait on a PC/Oculus version.

Smash is awesome and I'm pumped for MH4 and Majora.

Really want to see more stuff from MS on Phantom Dust and Crackdown so I can get hyped for them.

You shut your whore mouth. ;P

*Potentially Controversial Opinion Time*

H5 has the potential the be my next favourite Halo after H3. It's the first time in the series I've been convinced that primary hitscan weaponry can produce compelling and exciting battles. I wouldn't change too much in the mechanics of the game as it stands. As ever, the quality of the maps will be so crucial in determining just how good a Halo game Guardians can be. Of the maps we've played so far, I'd range them in the middle to upper middle class tier with only Orion being an obvious stinker (and I'd rather play Orion than Abandon or Complex or Solace or...). I'm also hoping the BTB isn't the concessionary festival of badkiddery that so many are predicting.

Agreed.

360 sticks>XB1 sticks.

Nah it's XB1 sticks>360 sticks but

360 bumpers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XB1 bumpers

Imagine my lack of surprise yesterday when I realized you're a Turok fanboy.
image.php
giphy.gif

How can you hate Turok? You monster.

Impala26

Now what are we going to do? :O I returned MCC and now I have an Xbone with no games..

If you don't have a PS4...

Dying Light
Resident Evil Remaster
FFVI (future)
Silent Hills (future)

If you DO...

Titanfall (for dirt cheap)
Fable Legends (future)
Phantom Dust (future)
Halo 5 (obviously)

That said, we could use more lighthearted fare like a new Viva Piñata or Oddworld.

jem0208

One of the most overrated games ever, yes.

Double nope.

You lot are talking crazy if you say there's nothing to play.

If you haven't already got them...

- Forza Horizon 2 (probably one of my favourite games ever...)
- Wolfenstein: The New Order (best shooter of last year)
- AC Unity (far, far better than everyone says it is and also ridiculously gorgeous)
- Shadow of Mordor (the orcs are bastards)
- Far Cry 4 (it has elephants)
- Titanfall (still amazing, the best FPS CTF I have ever played)
- Sunset Overdrive (ignore some of the terrible jokes and it's great)
- Battlefield 4 (it's still pretty good)
- Dying kight (Mirror's edge with zombies)

Coming up...

- The Witcher 3 (Witcher 2 is free at the moment; go go go go!)
- Evolve (I actually really enjoyed what I played of the beta)
- Battlefield Hardline (Beta coming next week, looks cool)
- Ori and the Blind Forest (it's so damn pretty)
- The Division (hopefully Ubisoft won't fuck it up with bugs come release)
- Rainbow Six Siege (looks pretty damn intense and awesome)
- Halo 5 (hopefully it isn't screwed up at release, however I don't think it will be)
- Star Wars: Battlefront (AKA: Battlefield: Star Wars edition)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (Hopefully has more tombs than last time, should be good though)
- Quantum Break (Alan Wake: Time control edition)
- Scalebound (Dragons everywhere)
- Crackdown (Orbs everywhere)
- Phantom Dust (I don't know what this is)
- Mirror's Edge 2 (It's Mirror's Edge 2, instant buy)
- Fable Legends (Fable's version of Evolve)
- Forza 6 (more cars!)

Then there's all the indies I forgot to mention.

I always liked solace. But that's because it had a sword dead center and a myriad of trick jumps with the middle chute and thruster. I always had a blast landing in the middle of teams with the sword.

Abandon would be great for rumble pit especially with that overshield spawn in mid but in team games it does suffer from top mid being the dominating position.

And has anyone else noticed they lengthened the weapon/powerup respawn times in halo 4 on the MCC? Every three minutes is way too long.

jem0208

360 bumpers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XB1 bumpers

Ehhh. I actually disagree about the bumpers.

I really like how clicky they are compared to the comparatively squishy 360 bumpers, it's also really nice how the bumpers flow to the triggers. You don't need to take your finger off the trigger to press the bumper, it's great.

Basically...

Overall:
X1 >>> 360

Sticks:
X1 >>> 360

Triggers:
X1 >>>>> 360

Buttons:
X1=360

Dpad:
X1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>^19284728 360

Start/Select:
X1 < 360

I can never remember the new names.

Leyasu

Banned
*Potentially Controversial Opinion Time*

H5 has the potential the be my next favourite Halo after H3. It's the first time in the series I've been convinced that primary hitscan weaponry can produce compelling and exciting battles. I wouldn't change too much in the mechanics of the game as it stands. As ever, the quality of the maps will be so crucial in determining just how good a Halo game Guardians can be. Of the maps we've played so far, I'd range them in the middle to upper middle class tier with only Orion being an obvious stinker (and I'd rather play Orion than Abandon or Complex or Solace or...). I'm also hoping the BTB isn't the concessionary festival of badkiddery that so many are predicting.

360 bumpers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XB1 bumpers

Nothing controversial, the halo 5 beta was the best halo that I have played by a large margin. I loved it. But I want a select the datacenter option, or I won't buy it!

Xbone pad > 360 pad

BTB just loading now.... Spoke to soon, it got to 10 players then was unable to find more smh. This one is sitting 11 players....

Third times a charm.... Lol just got a host migration message. Dem dedicated servers.

Just ended the game, and I have had to relaunch the game.

Ramirez

Alright Mr. I Only Play One Shooter Per Console And That Shooter Is Now Destiny

https://33.media.tumblr.com/5f2db04a81e42ff9eb10446a48298032/tumblr_n5sgytAVl71s7elebo1_400.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

But I don't really play Destiny anymore. BF4 is the only shooter I regularly play now.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Big list of games.

Then there's all the indies I forgot to mention.

My gaming rotation right now consists of the following:

Xbox One:
NHL 15
Madden 15
MCC - when it works
Battlefield 4 - after a short while, makes me want to get on Insurgency
Dragon Age - I can't seem to play this one for very long...just makes me want to play Diablo 3.

PC:
Diablo 3 - my most played game right now
Insurgency - Makes Battlefield and COD feel like Duplo games
World of Warcraft - recently re-subbed for a month, been playing with my wife
Guild Wars 2
Star Craft 2
Quake Live

I've mostly been playing PC more than my Xbox One honestly. I get bored of Battlefield 4, just makes me want to play Insurgency. MCC, well when it works, it's fun but the moment it has hiccups, I turn it off and get on PC.

Diablo 3 just keeps me begging for more. Something about the randomized loot and randomized bounties/dungeons/rifts, etc...it's like brand new content every single play session.

-Ryn

Banned
Not too sure on Bloodborne yet and I'm optimistic about NMS but going to wait on a PC/Oculus version.

Smash is awesome and I'm pumped for MH4 and Majora.

Really want to see more stuff from MS on Phantom Dust and Crackdown so I can get hyped for them.
Mah maaaan

Yeah I'm looking forward to the new Zelda. Supposedly there might be co op.
Really want to see more stuff from MS as well (haven't seen anything on Phantom Dust). Scalebound is going to have some gameplay at E3 if I recall.

Definitely going to be getting Bloodborne but I gotta get a PS4... and a One... and a Wii U... This year is gonna be expensive...

Hopefully I'll see ya on Bloodborne. We can have some jolly cooperation.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm really tempted to pick up D3 on the One....but I keep telling myself not to buy it over again.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm really tempted to pick up D3 on the One....but I keep telling myself not to buy it over again.

Do you have a PC that can run Diablo 3?

Diablo 3 UEE for Xbox One is basically a replica of the PC version, but I'm not quite sure how Blizzard is updating the console versions. I know season 2 is coming soon, and it's suppose to have a lot of changes from season 1.

I personally find the game the most enjoyable out of anything right now on the market.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Do you have a PC that can run Diablo 3?

Diablo 3 UEE for Xbox One is basically a replica of the PC version, but I'm not quite sure how Blizzard is updating the console versions. I know season 2 is coming soon, and it's suppose to have a lot of changes from season 1.

I personally find the game the most enjoyable out of anything right now on the market.

Yeah, that's why I'm so hesitant about buying it over again. It'd be great to have the couch co-op and controller support, but I don't think $60 great.

W/e, I'll just reinstall it on my computer.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Yeah, that's why I'm so hesitant about buying it over again. It'd be great to have the couch co-op and controller support, but I don't think $60 great.

W/e, I'll just reinstall it on my computer.

There ya go!

LOL. Just buy a comfy chair for your computer...it'll make a huge difference.

wwm0nkey

Just read up on Chalice Duengons for BB, I'm in now.

Kind of like my console ecosystem atm.

PC for preforance and Oculus support
PS4 for exclusives, multiplatform and Japanese games (JoJo!)
Nintendo for exclusives and quality
Xbox for exclusives.

-Ryn

Banned
It looks extremely brown.
bloodborne-screen-03-ps4-us-10jun14-1409366239485.jpeg

bloodborne-detail15jpg-2e3ddb.jpg

bloodborne-5.jpg

14-glEA32l-750x400.jpg

Bloodborne-3.jpg

Bloodborne_burning_1080_1402424403.jpg

tumblr_naozq8g0Ir1s7dhyjo3_500.gif

If I recall correctly these are only a couple areas in the game. The Souls series is dark and dreary, but that's to create an atmosphere. Not because of bullshit like "realism" or being "edgy". It's a lot more than brown.

That GIF in particular is gorgeous

Top Bottom