• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

RBK

Banned
Is this what it's come to? Bloodborne discussion in a HALO thread?

GIF can't be in game going based off some videos I watched.

pics

If I recall correctly these are only a couple areas in the game. The Souls series is dark and dreary, but that's to create an atmosphere. Not because of bullshit like "realism" or being "edgy". It's a lot more than brown.

That GIF in particular is gorgeous

I did say I loved the art :p Souls is just too punishing and slow for my tastes.

jem0208

If I recall correctly these are only a couple areas in the game. The Souls series is dark and dreary, but that's to create an atmosphere. Not because of bullshit like "realism" or being "edgy". It's a lot more than brown.

That GIF in particular is gorgeous

I'm not saying it looks bad, just very brown. Graphically it's very good, not an art style I particularly like though.

I also find the gameplay just kinda dull, assuming it's similar to the Dark Souls series. I thought it got quite repetitive. The complete lack of story in Dark Souls also turned me off. And invasions are quite possibly the most stupid idea I've ever heard of. Who thought it would be a good idea to let a massively high leveled guy invade and kill someone in one hit. There was literally nothing I could do. Lost all my souls as well.

Also no pause, seriously? Games have had pause buttons for decades.

On a more Halo note: I like the Halo team in #IDARB.

-Ryn

Banned
Is this what it's come to? Bloodborne discussion in a HALO thread?

GIF can't be in game going based off some videos I watched.
It is :D

It's from a section of the game leading up to a fight I think. But it is in game.

#Nomotiontracker
#HaloGAF
#Butts

I did say I loved the art :p Souls is just too punishing and slow for my tastes.
If you're willing to push through the punishment, Bloodborne might actually interest you. Its combat, while still very similar to Demons and Dark Souls, looks to be much more aggressive and fast paced. It's exciting :D

souls games look like shit
play amazing tho so w/e
Do you even Gorgeous View bro?

I think the art and style is beautiful but yeah the actual graphics aren't exactly top of the line.

I really hope Zelda has co op.
Would be soooooooo goooooood. If not though, we at least have Bloodborne for a rollicking good time.

-Ryn

Banned
I'm not saying it looks bad, just very brown. Graphically it's very good, not an art style I particularly like though.

I also find the gameplay just kinda dull, assuming it's similar to the Dark Souls series. I thought it got quite repetitive. The complete lack of story in Dark Souls also turned me off. And invasions are quite possibly the most stupid idea I've ever heard of. Who thought it would be a good idea to let a massively high leveled guy invade and kill someone in one hit. There was literally nothing I could do. Lost all my souls as well.

Also no pause, seriously? Games have had pause buttons for decades.
1374731248485_zps7215d364.gif

No story... NO STORY?

Dark Souls is literally FILLED with story.
It's one of the moat storyful games with a story that I've ever had the pleasure to story. It's just not shoved in your face like so much other story telling in games these days.

High level Invaders are not supposed to happen. Those are people that use game hacks (which is relatively easily). Invasions are a great system when not being broken as it adds a new element (a player) into the mix when you least expect it, creating an intersting challenge as well as a cool duel. You can even just go hollow if you don't want invasions
ya babby
<3

The lack of a pause button is by design. Partly to accommodate the online system, and partly to make preparation all the more important. If you really need to leave your game just exit. You'll be put back in where you left off.

On a more Halo note: I like the Halo team in #IDARB.
Haven't played it yet.

Really want to.

Really hope he's able to pull through.

He's done a lot of cool things that have brought a lot of joy.

VinFTW

Jem, please stop talking about Dark Souls. I can't possibly tell you how wrong you are. In fact, I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried.

You don't like it? That's fine, it's not for everyone, but no story? no pause? boring gameplay? lol

I know nothing about dork souls save for that it's eazyb's speedrun spirit animal and even I know it's got plot. It's on some Metroid shit. Don't hate subtlety, you'll cowards.

RBK

Banned
Jem, please stop talking about Dark Souls. I can't possibly tell you how wrong you are. In fact, I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried.

You don't like it? That's fine, it's not for everyone, but no story? no pause? boring gameplay? lol

Gotta have some type of reasoning to validate your opinion you know?

jem0208

1374731248485_zps7215d364.gif

No story... NO STORY?

Dark Souls is literally FILLED with story.
It's one of the moat storyful games with a story that I've ever had the pleasure to story. It's just not shoved in your face like so much other story telling in games these days.

High level Invaders are not supposed to happen. Those are people that use game hacks (which is relatively easily). Invasions are a great system when not being broken as it adds a new element (a player) into the mix when you least expect it, creating an intersting challenge as well as a cool duel. You can even just go hollow if you don't want invasions
ya babby
<3

The lack of a pause button is by design. Partly to accommodate the online system, and partly to make preparation all the more important. If you really need to leave your game just exit. You'll be put back in where you left off.

Haven't played it yet.

Really want to.

Alright, maybe I phrased the story comment wrong. The completely obtuse method of story telling didn't sit well with me. I'd rather have the story actually told to me rather than being forced to find it out. I don't mind having extra lore details hidden away to be found, however when the main story is told that way I don't really like it.

I can see invasions being pretty cool, there was one time when it pissed me off because I had just died before and I had a shit tonne of souls on me after doing some grinding. So I lost all of them because some massively overleveled guy killed me. If it had given me someone similarly leveled and I had a good duel I think I would have enjoyed it more.

As for pause, nope. It's ridiculous. It doesn't have to be a pause menu with anything like the inventory on it. All I'm asking for is to be able to pause the game whilst I answer the phone, or the door, or something else which quite often suddenly happen in life. Instead of being forced to open the menu and find the quit button (whilst hoping the monsters I was just attacking don't kill me) and then sit through some loading screens when I return a minute later. Also why not design it so that you're taken out of the online when you pause then re-join when you unpause? It's just silly design trying to make the game more "hardcore" when in reality all it does is make the experience worse.

The lack of pause is probably one of my biggest problems with the game, not even joking. It just blows my mind how stupid it is.

Also IDARB is completely bonkers, and amazing. Make sure to turn on twitter bombs before playing. It's just... ridiculous.

jem0208

So I thought the MCC had just crashed.

Turns out I was kicked for too many betrayals :( I completely forgot about friendly fire and threw a few too many grenades into the fray.

-Ryn

Banned
Alright, maybe I phrased the story comment wrong. The completely obtuse method of story telling didn't sit well with me. I'd rather have the story actually told to me rather than being forced to find it out. I don't mind having extra lore details hidden away to be found, however when the main story is told that way I don't really like it.

I can see invasions being pretty cool, there was one time when it pissed me off because I had just died before and I had a shit tonne of souls on me after doing some grinding. So I lost all of them because some massively overleveled guy killed me. If it had given me someone similarly leveled and I had a good duel I think I would have enjoyed it more.

As for pause, nope. It's ridiculous. It doesn't have to be a pause menu with anything like the inventory on it. All I'm asking for is to be able to pause the game whilst I answer the phone, or the door, or something else which quite often suddenly happen in life. Instead of being forced to open the menu and find the quit button (whilst hoping the monsters I was just attacking don't kill me) and then sit through some loading screens when I return a minute later. Also why not design it so that you're taken out of the online when you pause then re-join when you unpause? It's just silly design trying to make the game more "hardcore" when in reality all it does is make the experience worse.

The lack of pause is probably one of my biggest problems with the game, not even joking. It just blows my mind how stupid it is.

Also IDARB is completely bonkers, and amazing. Make sure to turn on twitter bombs before playing. It's just... ridiculous.
I can respect that. Well except for the pause button. You're obviously just a babbie :p

I personally found subtlety very refreshing. Exploring the world, I wanted to know and learn more about it and the characters. Discovering and piecing it together was almost a game in itself.

I look forward to checking out IDARB. Sounds like a blast.

So are we talking about Souls games, or is this secretly a Halo 3 discussion?
I laughed

I'm convinced you're a wizard

Yep, absolutely no mention of a patch or even an update for TMCC. Sigh.

Well yeah, it's a company communique that focuses on the positives/promotion, not on how they're messing up.

They REALLY need to be better at explaining what the hold up is, though. The fans are already riled up, and delays on a BETA patch, a patch that a vast majority of the players (that are left) won't even get to download for at least after the preview release. Shit sucks, I'm pissed I can't play Halo, I'm getting tired of Titanfall/Destiny.

Friendly reminder to grab #IDARB on the Xbox - been playing most of this evening, and it's really really good. When the connection sucks its really really bad though.

But mostly good. And free. Free is nice.

Looks like Frankie designed a Mister Chief pixel character as his twitter handle is listed under it in the menu.

#halo

jem0208

Friendly reminder to grab #IDARB on the Xbox - been playing most of this evening, and it's really really good. When the connection sucks its really really bad though.

But mostly good. And free. Free is nice.

Looks like Frankie designed a Mister Chief pixel character as his twitter handle is listed under it in the menu.

#halo

Just tried to play a game online. The lag is worse in this than the MCC.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I don't know, I prefer the written bulletins to these. These bulletins just feel like I'm watching some advertisements or something. Also, that Minecraft Halo trailer is like 6 months old now. No mention of stuff from the Halo 5 beta, nothing about MCC, but hey here's my dog.

It has the stench of PR all over it. I don't want a host talking buzzwords at me. I want someone with word skills typing their hearts out about Halo.

SaganIsGOAT

4 is only better than Reach in terms of maps and graphics. That's it.

Bungie's worst is better than 343's sad attempts.

I honestly liked Reach's graphics (antialiasing solution aside) better than 4s. Reach felt like a very well realized world and the environments were excellent. Something about Halo 4 just feels off. It's hard to describe but it's almost like everything has this plastic look. Maybe it's the materials idk.

Top Bottom