• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

TTUVAPOR

Banned
lol, this is amazing.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16N...Y9UywsY2hgwJKM/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

LIVE RESULTS...spam that F5 to see more.

I also think we have to give a +/- 5% due to d-bags voting yes ;)

Also...the awesome thing about this google survey...is that I set it where you MUST sign in with your google account...thus...the survey can't be manipulated in any way, once you vote, that's it. ;) Can't wait for the coming days/months. Hopefully this goes viral.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
yes, that rarity caught...where the votes equal the percents. ;)

p7ScKNX.jpg

TTUVAPOR

Banned
So if Sprint is taken out in H6, what complaint bandwagon are we hopping on next?

Well....

aim_down_halo.jpg

After watching the bulletin...I'm starting to think 343's need for sprint has nothing to do with arena, and more to do with single player transition into multiplayer.

Think about.

You fire up SP campaign and lets say the campaign features massive battlefields...and you sprint...it gives an immersion factor as a spartan...on top of it, they somehow tie it into the story of the spartans, etc. I mean, I don't doubt that SP campaign is going to give a short tutorial on how to sprint, thrust, etc. All of these things are going to be available in SP...so once a player is done with SP and wants to try out MP...the transition needs to be smooth and familiar....cue sprint being in Halo 5 multiplayer.

Makes total sense now.

Does multiplayer ultimately need sprint though? No.

SaganIsGOAT

Never know. If you don't buy the lottery ticket, you'll never know if you would have won.

I'm pretty sure this sprint argument is more like smashing your face against a brick wall and hoping it budges. At some point you either realize it won't or the head trauma gets you.

Well....

aim_down_halo.jpg

After watching the bulletin...I'm starting to think 343's need for sprint has nothing to do with arena, and more to do with single player transition into multiplayer.

Think about.

You fire up SP campaign and lets say the campaign features massive battlefields...and you sprint...it gives an immersion factor as a spartan...on top of it, they somehow tie it into the story of the spartans, etc. I mean, I don't doubt that SP campaign is going to give a short tutorial on how to sprint, thrust, etc. All of these things are going to be available in SP...so once a player is done with SP and wants to try out MP...the transition needs to be smooth and familiar....cue sprint being in Halo 5 multiplayer.

Makes total sense now.

Does multiplayer ultimately need sprint though? No.

They are willing to ruin the overall MP side so players who are easily confused are happy.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
That poll could be a 100% no to sprint, and it wouldn't change shit, geez-o Pete B O Y S.

Just thought of this...

If this were to hit a total of what 343 got...and it showed that the results favored NO for sprint...well...then I think we've got something interesting.

Here's the thing...if 343 REALLY wanted to poll the Halo community, they would simply put a poll on their fucking website, open to anyone.

No, instead they want to limit it to a feedback program that requires a signup...and by doing that, they hope they played the beta enough to form an opinion on sprint. Why? Because they wouldn't want people who NEVER played Halo 5 beta to be able to vote on whether sprint should be in Halo 5 or not.

They want to justify themselves...they only want people to vote that actually were exposed literally to sprinting in Halo 5.

If they polled on their site...the results would be night and day different, on a massive scale. They won't do this though.

VinFTW

Let's be clear:

Anybody whos arguing for sprint to be completely removed: lol

Fight for it to be gone from the HCS, so pros don't have to complain/hate the game they play, and the people who want to enjoy a competitive experience don't have to complain for years about sprint. TS gets sprint for casual players/people who like it. HCS gets pro-voted (no sprint) settings that the competitive community can enjoy. Both ranked.

Ramirez

If they polled on their site...the results would be night and day different, on a massive scale. They won't do this though.

You don't know that, please quit stating it like it's a fact, jesus.

Aren't polls on websites easily manipulated with endless votes? The way they did it, it was impossible to game it.

SaganIsGOAT

Just thought of this...

If this were to hit a total of what 343 got...and it showed that the results favored NO for sprint...well...then I think we've got something interesting.

Here's the thing...if 343 REALLY wanted to poll the Halo community, they would simply put a poll on their fucking website, open to anyone.

No, instead they want to limit it to a feedback program that requires a signup...and by doing that, they hope they played the beta enough to form an opinion on sprint. Why? Because they wouldn't want people who NEVER played Halo 5 beta to be able to vote on whether sprint should be in Halo 5 or not.

They want to justify themselves...they only want people to vote that actually were exposed literally to sprinting in Halo 5.

Wait , are you actually upset that their polls about sprint in Halo 5 were aimed at those who played the Halo 5 beta? Cause if so lol

But what about people who aren't easily confused and enjoyed the beta, a lot?? HMMM

Congratulations, people will enjoy anything. That doesn't mean that 343 is justified because people enjoy Halo 5. People have said that they enjoyed Halo 4, and that game was a complete population failure.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Wait , are you actually upset that their polls about sprint in Halo 5 were aimed at those who played the Halo 5 beta? Cause if so lol

Of course...they wanted to specifically see if people who may not have liked sprint prior to Halo 5 suddenly enjoy sprint.

Believe it or not...I think Halo fans can form an opinion on sprint whether or not they played Halo 5...and I think that's why they won't poll the general population via their website.

But what about people who aren't easily confused and enjoyed the beta, a lot?? HMMM
They don't exist, clearly. Halo 5 has sprint. This makes it objectively bad. Therefore, if one enjoyed it, they must be stupid/easily confused. Any who claim otherwise are lying or fictional. QED.

/s

Ramirez

Congratulations, people will enjoy anything. That doesn't mean that 343 is justified because people enjoy Halo 5. People have said that they enjoyed Halo 4, and that game was a complete population failure.

I don't mean just any person, I'm talking hardcore Halo fans who really enjoyed the beta, lol. I played more Halo 5 beta than I did Halo 4 retail.

I just wish you fools would quit acting like you're speaking for the entire Halo fan base and passing it off as fact.

That infographic is stupid too, Halo 3 was one of the most hyped games of all time. The gaming landscape was completely different. Gears was like the only MP game that had any sort of huge following on the 360, and people were still playing Halo 2 more than anything.

SaganIsGOAT

Of course...they wanted to specifically see if people who may not have liked sprint prior to Halo 5 suddenly enjoy sprint.

Believe it or not...I think Halo fans can form an opinion on sprint whether or not they played Halo 5...and I think that's why they won't poll the general population via their website.

Did you actually participate in the feedback program? The feedback program wasn't just a poll...

I don't mean just any person, I'm talking hardcore Halo fans who really enjoyed the beta, lol. I played more Halo 5 beta than I did Halo 4 retail.

I just wish you fools would quit acting like you're speaking for the entire Halo fan base and passing it off as fact.

That infographic is stupid too, Halo 3 was one of the most hyped games of all time. The gaming landscape was completely different. Gears was like the only MP game that had any sort of huge following on the 360, and people were still playing Halo 2 more than anything.

I'm not. I get that people who are hardcore Halo fans liked Halo 5. I also see the numbers of Halo 4/5 and the amount of flack 343 gets daily and ask myself if this direction that 343 is dragging everyone towqrds is actually beneficial and can last. I don't want Halo 5 to die off like Halo 4 did. But it's heading there again.

Booshka

Not sure what all those Halo 3 Beta players were doing playing it so damn much. Shadowrun came out May 29th, uninstalled the Halo 3 Beta once I started playing SR.

I'm not. I get that people who are hardcore Halo fans liked Halo 5. I also see the numbers of Halo 4/5 and the amount of flack 343 gets daily and ask myself if this direction that 343 is dragging everyone towqrds is actually beneficial and can last. I don't want Halo 5 to die off like Halo 4 did. But it's heading there again.

It's really not. Halo 4 had so many more things wrong with it than sprint it's not even funny.

DJ Gunner

So what metric do you use then to determine whether a Halo game is a success? Hype's out. Statistical time/population data's out. The sales of 5 are going to be bottom basement because of the lack of install base. Polling data is flawed.

This is like a political forum now, where all the information available to you clearly trends in one direction but people insist that information means nothing.

It's going to be great to see the fallout a month after H5's release and the population is less than H4's a year in. And that's exactly what is going to happen.

CyReN

Looked up Halo Reach beta stats. It had 2.7 million people that played, and over 16 million hours played. Not bad.

So

Halo 3: 820,000 Players / 12 Million Hours Played
Halo Reach: 2.7 Million Players / 16 Million Hours Played
Halo 5: 1 Million Players / 2.5 Million Hours Played

Ramirez

So what metric do you use then to determine whether a Halo game is a success? Hype's out. Statistical time/population data's out. The sales of 5 are going to be bottom basement because of the lack of install base. Polling data is flawed.

This is like a political forum now, where all the information available to you clearly trends in one direction but people insist that information means nothing.

It's going to be great to see the fallout a month after H5's release and the population is less than H4's a year in. And that's exactly what is going to happen.

Care to give me the Powerball numbers while you're at it??

RBK

Banned
Halo isn't the "it" shooter anymore, I would like to believe that contributes more to the popularity decline of Halo than silly debates over what makes Halo "Halo".

Top Bottom