• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

daedalius

What the fuck this thread.

When is the sprint discussion going to end? Its not going to change, no matter how much you talk about it.

Discussing something that MIGHT CHANGE, like motion tracker in high level play, would probably be much more useful and interesting.

#fucksprintidontcare

Ok confesssion time.

I'm one of those out there wierdos who like sprint and (gasp) the jet pack. But if the base movement is fast enough, say 125% faster than Halo 3's base speed, then I stop noticing and just play.

Motion tracker: either have it or don't I hate re-adapting from match to match. And only if the tracker is for closer in players. Making the range a greater distance only makes me go "where the fuck is that now!?" and provides too much noise in the data you have to mentally process. If they are not in range of my gun I can't be caring.

Ramirez

That is not really the case at all. No one knew about this program. The only reason I had ever heard of it is because I stumbled upon it on a reddit post. They never promoted it, they never discussed it, they set simply dumb parameters to join. There are plenty of no sprint people that simply never saw the poll. But it is what it is. I know that the sprint vs no sprint debate is more evenly matched than 80/20. It's more like 60/40 or 50/50. Which is funny, because the people that claim to love sprint would still buy the game with OT without it. There is a current community run poll on Halo Waypoint as well as Team Beyond and Reddit that all seem to favor no sprint. And yes, a majority of the people that like sprint (casual players) will be gone in a few weeks.

So...no one knew about it, except for the filthy casuals who prefer sprint??

GrizzNKev

Banned
I went to see if I could find a game of Halo 3 on MCC, realized I don't have Gold anymore, and subsequently realized I don't care. I didn't use a single second of the free month I got, because I had no intention of playing MCC until it worked. Guess I won't be playing many xbox games anytime soon.

Well, I'm gonna be the guy that no one agrees with because I actually like sprint and want it in my Halo. When I spawn and need to get back to a power weapon or flank a team I want that higher than normal movement to get me back to the action. Yes I'm sacrificing the ability to shoot so I can traverse the map quicker, it's a choice we make.

If I run away with sprint you can chase me down just as much as you could if we didn't have sprint. I can go behind a corner and bounce a nade in either scenario except when sprints involved it's a faster process of movements. And I like that frankly. I want to be able to dash off, get to that sword or sniper faster while giving up the ability to return fire on the enemy player covering it. It gives another set of options to the player.

Today even, I finished one player off with a BR shot and began reloading while his teammate surprised me as he came up a lift. I simply tapped sprint, rushed forward while also canceling my reload and melee'd his shield away so I could finish him with another BR shot. I used sprint to close the distance and stop the reload so I could fire that final headshot. And it's little things like that which make it so useful and dynamic to me.

I know I'm preaching to the wrong choir and no one is gonna agree with the guy that wants to run up and melee people but hey I enjoy a lot of Halo too.

So...no one knew about, except for the filthy casuals who prefer sprint??

And this is what I hate seeing. I am a filthy casual who must've came from COD because who else but those with awful taste would like to use a sprint button. I've been hoping for sprint since trailers for H3 came out. But totally casual man. I'm totally gonna stop playing after the first few weeks. Jeez guys it's not armor lock.

And hell I met a guy who loved the shit outta armor lock and man he was annoying good with it too. But that dude played Halo with me almost every day until Reach died off. I hated his playstyle with a passion but I still listened to his opinion. Even if he was Satan himself with that armor lock.

Ramirez

I went to see if I could find a game of Halo 3 on MCC, realized I don't have Gold anymore, and subsequently realized I don't care. I didn't use a single second of the free month I got, because I had no intention of playing MCC until it worked. Guess I won't be playing many xbox games anytime soon.

You've totally been compensated fairly though.

lol

woodland

Why let a single mechanic blind you from seeing just how major of an improvement the beta was compared to H4?

A step up from 0/10 is only 1/10 man.

I hopped on MCC earlier though, out of 6 games: 3 had uneven teams when possibilities were even. 2 ended early. 1 had a start of 7 on 6 in flag. Every game had quitters. Glad these fixes are coming through.

dwells

Anything new on MCC yet? We're a few days off from the three month mark and the game I bought my console for is still useless.

Ramirez

And this is what I hate seeing. I am a filthy casual who must've came from COD because who else but those with awful taste would like to use a sprint button. I've been hoping for sprint since trailers for H3 came out. But totally casual man. I'm totally gonna stop playing after the first few weeks. Jeez guys it's not armor lock.

And hell I met a guy who loved the shit outta armor lock and man he was annoying good with it too. But that dude played Halo with me almost every day until Reach died off. I hated his playstyle with a passion but I still listened to his opinion. Even if he was Satan himself with that armor lock.

I was joking, but that is completely how most of these dweebs see people who have a differing opinion.

I just find it hilarious that he thinks the people filling out that survey are people who are casual and going to leave the game after a week or two. The people who are going to do that sure as hell aren't seeking out online surveys to fill out, give me a break.

Booshka

I don't get it, you have a weekly video series for your fans, yet you don't even mention your most recent product once. Don't bring them up to speed about what you are doing to fix it, ETA, complications, etc.

343/MS PR is just awful. If it's not good news, we'll just not mention it.

I was joking, but that is completely how most of these dweebs see people who have a differing opinion.

I just find it hilarious that he thinks the people filling out that survey are people who are casual and going to leave the game after a week or two. The people who are going to do that sure as hell aren't seeking out online surveys to fill out, give me a break.

Well...thank you for staying open minded. And yeah if they took the time to play the beta and actually perform a survey they may give it more than two weeks. I feel like the newer things do add to the game but I don't call those who don't like those things old school tryhards or whatever buzzterm is hip.

RBK

Banned
I don't know how often they do these videos, but don't you think it'll be pointless to make the same "we're working on it" statement if there really isn't anything new to report?

Ramirez

I don't get it, you have a weekly video series for your fans, yet you don't even mention your most recent product once. Don't bring them up to speed about what you are doing to fix it, ETA, complications, etc.

343/MS PR is just awful. If it's not good news, we'll just not mention it.

Probably because they literally have no idea when it's going to be fixed, lol. After missing the beta date, the last thing they need to do is promise something again and miss the date.

SaganIsGOAT

If the survey was just questions that gave only Yes or No answers like:

"Do you like smart scope"
"Do you like sprint"
"Do you like thruster" etc etc

343 would learn NOTHING of value for game production. Oh, 60% of fans like smart scope, well why don't the other 40% not like it? The point of the survery was to provide insight into the mechanics and changes around the mechanics. "I want sprint/I don't want sprint in Halo" doesn't help when the questions can dig deeper and provide more understanding into the answers of the players. Sure 343 touting the 11% doesn't tell the whole story in this case, but to think they were gonna put effort, time and money into a feedback survey filled with yes or no answers when their duty is to provide a AAA gaming experience is absurd.

5 days from the MCC spending a financial quarter in a shameful condition.

92 days where my friends and I can't play together without someone getting disconnected, game rebooting or their console rebooting. I have literally crocheted while waiting ALONE to find matchmaking sesions.

Pat on the back Microsoft, tell me all about your next product, while I spent 460.00 so I could look on helplesly on your current product spinning in circles. So pretty! So mesmerizing! So hypnotic.....I'm falling into a stupor...being fooled into pre-ordering Halo Call of Duty 5...

Mix

Jesus Christ, they made it so you can turn it off. Can you guys just stop it already? Who knows, maybe there will be a classic Halo playlist or something.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
hBAMObu.gif

Jesus Christ, they made it so you can turn it off. Can you guys just stop it already? Who knows, maybe there will be a classic Halo playlist or something.

This would be fine and dandy accept the playlist I care about, the HCS one, will most likely have Sprint. 343 has too much pride to see their competitive scene have what they feel is an inferior version of their game because the Pros hate what they made.

singhr1

This would be fine and dandy accept the playlist I care about, the HCS one, will most likely have Sprint. 343 has too much pride to see their competitive scene have what they feel is an inferior version of their game because the Pros hate what they made.

You mean making. The game isn't even out yet, it's at least 8 months away and we've barely scratched the surface of the total package.

RowdyReverb

If they just made a robust community map playlist, they wouldn't even have to make their own classic playlist. It could just be a curated collection of crowd sourced classic map remakes using a predefined set of classic rules.

Mix

If they just made a robust community map playlist, they wouldn't even have to make their own classic playlist. It could just be a curated collection of crowd sourced classic map remakes using a predefined set of classic rules.
Inb4 that's what the MCC is for

You mean making. The game isn't even out yet, it's at least 8 months away and we've barely scratched the surface of the total package.

The portion they showed of the game was the arena portion of the game. That portion was not great. And that is what will be played at the highest level. They can't really add much else to make it better.

Top Bottom