• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Got my Xbox back after sending it in for repair over three weeks ago. I have to redownload all my games and it is taking forever. It's been five hours and I have downloaded Dragon Age and am 40% through MCC.

I still have Lego Marvel, Madden, TitanFall, Sunset, and Geo Wars 3 (ExWife!!!!) to go. Not to mention a handful of apps and a pair of disc-games I have to reinstall.

Bleh. I hope it's a legacy release, and not that he's in the game...

I need that Locke, though. It's sexy af.

Hey, maybe they actually give him a nice story and reintroduce him in a meaningful way.

The books made him seem like a decent character. Hopefully they can get back to that.

Got my Xbox back after sending it in for repair over three weeks ago. I have to redownload all my games and it is taking forever. It's been five hours and I have downloaded Dragon Age and am 40% through MCC.

I still have Lego Marvel, Madden, TitanFall, Sunset, and Geo Wars 3 (ExWife!!!!) to go. Not to mention a handful of apps and a pair of disc-games I have to reinstall.

Hey, maybe they actually give him a nice story and reintroduce him in a meaningful way.

The books made him seem like a decent character. Hopefully they can get back to that.

Bleh, how horrible. Least you'll be back online soon-ish.

H5 has a new writer, right? Who knows, they could surprise me. He got old in H4, and he was rubbish in the comics. I... never read the Forerunner Trilogy... That's next after I finish Broken Circle.

He lives in Mexico.

Poor bastard....

Glass

Alien Isolation worth it?

Oh my yes.

Bleh. I hope it's a legacy release, and not that he's in the game...

Same, I hope H5's campaign is a fresh slate - new story, new enemies, new environments. The forerunner side of the H4 story did its absolute best to confound anyone who hadn't read the books or was finding hidden terminals along the way, whilst the UNSC side of things did its best to introduce a bunch of characters you either hated or couldn't give a shit about. Playing through 4 at the moment and its bringing 2 year old salt out again.

Booshka

Going by my Twitch viewing experience of watching Souls players play LoTF, it is a bargain bin Souls-ish game. And, you shouldn't play it like a Souls game, it's slower and more nuanced with attacks.

It also has no co-op, asynchronous MP, or PvP, so it is far less replayable than Souls games are.

-Ryn

Banned
Going by my Twitch viewing experience of watching Souls players play LoTF, it is a bargain bin Souls-ish game. And, you shouldn't play it like a Souls game, it's slower and more nuanced with attacks.

It also has no co-op, asynchronous MP, or PvP, so it is far less replayable than Souls games are.
Sounds like a noble effort that fell flat

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Not expecting Souls quality, but for the ridiculous low price, seems like it would be worth it.

From the footage I've seen so far though, it looks like the flow and combat is agonizingly slow. Apparently the NG+ adds more difficulty to the game.

Wolfenstein is better, so get that it you haven't already.

Edit: Didn't notice A:I is on sale, so go with that if it's cheaper.

That would have been slick if they had Wolfenstein on sale as well.

RSB

Banned
Alien Isolation worth it?
It has 3 very boring levels in the middle of the campaign, but the rest of the game is amazing. Must buy, especially if you are a fan of survival horror and/or Alien.

Ya'll make me sick. Halo 3 is terrible, but CoD is boring, repetitive, and shallow. CoD is also a major reason why 343 is pooping all over Halo mechanics with ADS and Sprint.
Pretty much. I'd rather play Halo 3, which is basically a slower version of Halo 2 (with worse maps and a much more inconsistent BR) than CoD4, which has pretty much everything I hate about modern shooters (sprint, ADS, perks, killstreaks, xp...) And if we look at the campaign, then it's not even remotely close, Halo 3 (probably the best FPS campaign ever) is a million times better than CoD4, with its linear and ultra-scripted campaign with zero replayability filled with infinitely respawning enemies with idiotic AI.

4v4 Team Snipers on Chill Out was awesome. It's funny how balanced Sniper spawns felt because there were still Magnums to pick up lol. Using the Magnum with Sniper spawns felt like a power weapon because it's easier to use, and it's funny because the Sniper is the power weapon between the two.

Just goes to show how fun a balanced and powerful weapon sandbox can feel. Every weapon feels satisfying to use.

Granadier

Patch on Tuesday, sale on Wednesday.

edit: Says it's a weekend deal, so anytime next week for the patch is my guess.

CyReN

I would think it has to be early-mid week so it doesn't hurt GFG next weekend, and it can't be tomorrow unless they release another patch during a HCS Cup.

or we could just be hoping it's fixed and MS is crazy enough to release a broken title for that cheap hoping for potential good PR.

Booshka

4v4 Team Snipers on Chill Out was awesome. It's funny how balanced Sniper spawns felt because there were still Magnums to pick up lol. Using the Magnum with Sniper spawns felt like a power weapon because it's easier to use, and it's funny because the Sniper is the power weapon between the two.

Just goes to show how fun a balanced and powerful weapon sandbox can feel. Every weapon feels satisfying to use.

The Rifle to Sniper balance in Shadowrun balance is practically the same. You don't need to use a Sniper to dominate at range, but if you have talent, the Sniper can take over. I prefer the consistency of the Rifle, similar to how I prefer to focus on using the Pistol in CE.

Something about the Halo 1 engine makes this type of ranged combat possible. My theory is the ability to consistently land shots at range because of the aim assist mechanics not falling off at range, like they do in every other Halo. It's also the clean, and smooth feeling of aiming that the Halo 1 engine offers.

You'd think that there would be a better engine for aiming in FPS on consoles by now, but alas, Halo 1 still has the best and smoothest aiming system for dual thumbstick controllers.

ADS be damned, fuck that shit, stop removing magnetism mechanics at range, instead make the scope a visual clarity mechanic like it is Shadowrun and Halo CE. In every other shooter it is a requirement just to get your aim assist mechanics back for any kind of long ranged shooting.

Ramirez

For $20 I'd probably pick it back up, but only if the patch came out days prior & people on here confirmed it wasn't still shit...which probably isn't going to happen, lol.

RdN

If the patch works + 60% off seems like a nice way to try to get people back into the game.

Let's see if 343i can deliver.

Impala26

I couldn't find that image, so I remade it.

kE8RIiz.png

sorry frankie. your hair is luscious though

My man...

Also, where's all this love for CoD coming from in this thread today? I thought that that series was "the bane of modern FPS design" and that jazz...

RowdyReverb

My man...

Also, where's all this love for CoD coming from in this thread today? I thought that that series was "the bane of modern FPS design" and that jazz...
People can like steak and ice cream, but it doesn't mean people want ice cream on their steak.
I was never a big CoD fan though

Well, I live in....

Ok....

Someone answered for you. I wouldn't think Mexico has crazy taxes. I know South Erica countries like Brazil and Argentina are crazy with taxes.

If you look at the next picture you'll see that there are legacy models in the same display case.

Yeah, I'm thinking that Didact and MC are just Legacy figures. Especially since neither one has battle damage or any distinguishing marks that make them look different from the H4 models.

BokehKing

Banned
My man...

I think people only say it's the bane because it took attention and the spot light off halo

Then you go in COD and everyone who jumps before shooting is screamed at by people to 'go back to halo with that crap'

It's a vicious cycle

Granadier

I think people only say it's the bane because it took attention and the spot light off halo

Then you go in COD and everyone who jumps before shooting is screamed at by people to 'go back to halo with that crap'

It's a vicious cycle

This is the single greatest fucking thing about COD.

Go in and start playing outside of their "bubble of ideas" and they flip their shit.

Like cavemen seeing fire for the first time.

Top Bottom