• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Ghazi

I think people are assuming that since MCC goes on a significant sale next weekend that the patch must be imminent. Otherwise, why not postpone the MCC sale til the following weekend?

The game was obviously fixed December 19th when the cutoff for the early players happened.

RowdyReverb

The game was obviously fixed December 19th when the cutoff for the early players happened.
To be fair, it was quite a bit worse in the first month of release than the second. It's still not there yet, but it's not broken like it was at launch.
Point taken though, it wasn't fixed by the 19th.

I think people are assuming that since MCC goes on a significant sale next weekend that the patch must be imminent. Otherwise, why not postpone the MCC sale til the following weekend?

As hopeful as I wish I could be, this IS Microsoft. They don't exactly remember every planned event in relation to public reactions.

I remember after Joan Rivers died her Facebook had an auto post written as though she wrote it, saying she loved the iPhone 6. Shit happens.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Be still. This girl is after my heart.
KQ1Dhbf.jpg

Leyasu

Banned
Yup. It's like if CoD 4 was a better game than Halo 3 to you guys, than why complain about what the series became? Or maybe you guys have loved Reach and Halo 4?

I don't complain.. Halo 5 was the best halo that I have played.
I ain't sorry either.
I can't wait til the game releases.

Reach was ruined by armour abilities, and the worst maps in the history of multiplayer gaming. Its a toss up between reach and 3 for series worst imo.

Halo 4 is good! Again let down by armour abilities, loadouts and ordinance drops. The legendary games in the MCC are awesome!

Akai__

Somebody at 343i must really hate Halo 3 (or non hitscan Halo)...

Halo 3 SWAT/Snipers was REALLY challenging (and fun) at a high level. Sadly, SWAT suffered from people who played as Elites and those Elites had very weird hitboxes(aka you can shoot through their neck).

I guess people prefer, if the game basically plays by itself, with tons of aim assisst and bullet magnetism. SMH...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Reminds me of when my boyfriend saw me playing H5G, hanging around waiting for Snipe on Empire and he immediately compared it to Call of Duty. He's played through a decent chunk of CE and 2 with me, too.

I remember this from the beta. It's fantastic when someone is interested in sharing your hobbies. We are planning on doing some co-op. Will finally have a use for this game.

Madness

The total number of days between Tuesday, November 11th, 2014 and Sunday, February 15th, 2015 is 96 days.

This is equal to 3 months and 4 days.

Sigh...

MysteryM

Put a good 2 hours into MCC team snipers. I've really missed it as a playlist and so super glad its back. Don't even care that halo 4 snipers is in as that actually doesn't play as bad I as I thought it would.

My biggest sniping annoyance is that halo 2 classic snipers is broken as head shots just don't register especially over long distances. Its not leading etc, I've played halo for long enough to understand how to snipe well (I was the top scoring sniper in many of the games today).

I also needs ranks in once they fix halo 2. This week please!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Finally finished dragon age. Was hoping this was fixed by now. Looking at the posts it's not. What ever happened to "working around the clock to fix." Yeah, okay.

Ditch the Sniper. Use the BR on Grunts only. Sword and Grenades for dealing with the Elites. There is also a Fuel Rod under the stairs.

Be very aggressive and kill as few enemies as possible. Resist the urge to kill everything. It's better to kill one Elite and have the rest chase you, than to kill 2 Elites and have another wave spawn.

Punch the Prophet and head to the side stage doorway of least resistance making sure the enemies see you go through the door to force them to follow. Sneak up the stairs and immediately jump the Prophet from the bridge. Try to time it so the enemies are in the stair well when you jump him. While punching the Prophet you can turn the camera to plan your escape route.

If you see more than 2 elites head outside so you can use dropped weapons to kill all but one of the Elites who follow. Then grab a fresh Sword from under the stairs on your way back in.

Most importantly, make sure Prophet Birthday Party skull is turned on.

Beat it today. How I managed to beat Halo 2 on Legendary back in college is beyond me.

Mistel

Banned
The amount of random nonsense that guy has pulled from a 13 year old game is incredible.
Has he ever mentioned anywhere how he manage to figure out he could do some of the stuff he's done? That one happened by mucking about wonder if the same is true for the others?

Omni

Was considering the Destiny DLC pass, but then I loaded up the game again and I decided against it.
Surprisingly I've got more out of the Destiny DLC than I ever did from any map packs that Halo put out. First expansion came out like two months ago and I'm still raiding every week. Very easy to find people too

HTupolev

Has he ever mentioned anywhere how he manage to figure out he could do some of the stuff he's done? That one happened by mucking about wonder if the same is true for the others?
Sometimes odd mechanical behaviors tend to be discovered randomly, but major tricks tend to have tons of planning. For instance, this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHZLGc6nTy4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr1m28VbMCs
...was no accident.

Rockslider's stuff is very heavily focused around carefully-planned setups. The guy is very deliberate in his (ab)use of Halo 1's checkpoint system, for instance.

In addition to his own exploration, Rockslider draws upon the old knowledge of sites like High Impact Halo.

Surprisingly I've got more out of the Destiny DLC than I ever did from any map packs that Halo put out. First expansion came out like two months ago and I'm still raiding every week. Very easy to find people too

Maybe, but I don't see myself getting back into the grind. I bought a new set of gauntlets with some badass fur for my Titan and then I realized that, to level them, I'd have to replay the same strikes over and over again.

More importantly though, that 30 fps is fucking brutal. I'll give it some more time tomorrow.

Top Bottom