• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey homies. I leave for a few months and I don't even recognize half the people here, weird. How's MCC these days? I really miss Halo. I sold my XB1 cause my interest in games plummeted and the MCC pissed me off, and I figured I'd take the opportunity to unplug from games for a while and get other stuffd one. But I'd like to get into it again if MCC ever works right.

How about you not do that and play league with your old pals the franklin bros

Hey homies. I leave for a few months and I don't even recognize half the people here, weird. How's MCC these days? I really miss Halo. I sold my XB1 cause my interest in games plummeted and the MCC pissed me off, and I figured I'd take the opportunity to unplug from games for a while and get other stuffd one. But I'd like to get into it again if MCC ever works right.

Wow, this makes me really excited. Can't wait to see the in-game versions.

Hi kittens!

Well for one thing, they let ME in, and MCC is still broken.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How about you not do that and play league with your old pals the franklin bros
I'm pretty content just playing single player Wii U games for now. I'll keep tabs on MCC and maybe get an XB1 again if it ever shapes up and has a decent population. And then I'll definitely keep my eye on Halo 5 impressions.

Omni

Never mind. I found it

Also are they ever going to fix Cortana in CEA? It's like she's missing a shader or something. She's just white. It's REALLY distracting.

daedalius

Is btb just bereft of players and that is why it takes so agonizingly long to get a game?

I can get a game way faster in halo 4, and probably most of the others.

Leyasu

Banned
Is btb just bereft of players and that is why it takes so agonizingly long to get a game?

BTB is problematic to say the least. Sometimes I can find games instantly, and sometimes not at all. I stopped playing though because of the lag! Its a shame because I would love to play it more.

Fingers crossed for the patch fixing things..
lol

Omni

I'm getting so sick to death of waiting 30 minutes to find a single match, just to find it has SMG starts or some shit

Madness

Very much doubt it. BTB has really started to be the dominant playlist. I think it has more to do with the fact that whatever affects players from matching is exacerbated when you have 12-16 people etc.

I think from day one, BTB has had the most issues. Probably played a handful of matches, whereas it's easier to find matches in other playlists.

From the Twitter word cloud thread:

proxy.jpg

it's fitting that "guy halogaf PLC fun tho" directly above "wahrer banned."

jem0208

Maybe I'm the only one and I generally only stick to the Halo 4 and Rumble pit playlist but I'm getting games and not having many problems. I have had the bug where a game ends early a couple times but nothing crashing like it used to. And parties still have some difficulties but it's leagues better. I've had some genuinely fun games with teammates the last few nights.

I mean my xbone is having issues reading games but that's not the MCC specifically.

So if they can make matchmaking a bit faster and clean up the other remaining bugs ill be happier, I just want people to play with.

I haven't played for the past few days because I've been on holiday but that's been my general experience.

So, I guess we're fighting Proto-Didacts in H5G or something?

I kinda wish they'd come up with something more exciting for the model. It looks just like yet another humanoid alien with shiny armour.

I'm getting so sick to death of waiting 30 minutes to find a single match, just to find it has SMG starts or some shit

They made rumble pit cross game (yay) but restricted the playlist to a max party size of 1, even though it isn't ranked. No going in there to piss around and trash talk your friends for giggles

spazfishlarge_by_carredondo-d801xr5.png

Then they dumped a load of SMG/AR starts in there. In FFA. I've yet to see a Halo 3 BR start on the voting screen and I've played about ten matches in the list

file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php

Tawpgun

Tawps, I'm making it your job to see myself and like 2-3 Raid virgins through the VoG sometime. Daddylius is a preferable teammate, but obviously he's got some "scheduling" issues as of late. But I'm definitely game as I'd like to judge it personally.

I want it to be clear that while I harp on Destiny, in no means do I actually HATE it. It's a solid experience, but I just wished the game offered more--it just ends up feeling "small" to me. I find myself constantly going back to Halo or Pokemon (or Metroid lately) to be honest because I'm not feeling the grindy aspects of it. Present-Day Bungie could learn a whole lot about interesting enemy encounters in a sci-fi setting from a niche studio like Retro.
That's fine. I got another VoG virgin also that I need to bring through

Who's going to complain about MCC not being fixed? It's been largely ignored by the games media

This guy at Forbes has raised the issue a few times. Decent articles on the situation

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/12/30/do-not-pre-order-halo-5-guardians-9-months-early/

The reasons why are now abundantly obvious in 2014 as major game after major game has launched broken. That means wither chock full of glitches like Assassin’s Creed Unity, or with a mode more or less fully unplayable, like Halo: MCC’s multiplayer. The fact that 343 is one of the primary offenders in this scenario and literally the test case for why we shouldn’t pre-order is why this Halo 5 beta paired with an absurd way-ahead-of-time pre-order is in such bad taste. If there is one game fans should absolutely avoid pre-ordering like the plague, it’s Halo 5, given how much hinges on the fact that multiplayer will work, and 343 has literally just shown just how badly they can mishandle that component.

I know many Halo superfans believe they are going to buy the game regardless, so why wait to pre-order? But that’s destructive thinking, and only serves to reward a developer that severely messed up this year, resulting in a greater likelihood of the same thing happens again. If fans show they will continue to buy a potentially broken product, sight unseen, what message does that send to publishers and developers? That quality control is less important than pre-order bonuses and collectible statues.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...ter-chief-collection-woes-with-new-beta-test/

While it was undoubtedly a challenging task to manage so many different versions of multiplayer across four updated Halo games, including blended playlists, no one anticipated the level of meltdown the game has endured, and it’s already cast a shadow on the upcoming Halo 5.

But yeah, the media has been largely inert in its response. If a Call of Duty game was still unplayable 3 months after launch you'd never hear the end of it. IGN has no bollocks and is in MS' pocket so don't expect anything from them, even though they're the biggest gaming media outlet.

Fuchsdh

A lack of articles on the situation mostly means that *everyone* (used loosely) doesn't care. If it's not going to get them pageviews, they aren't going to bring it up again.

singhr1

This guy at Forbes has raised the issue a few times. Decent articles on the situation

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/12/30/do-not-pre-order-halo-5-guardians-9-months-early/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...ter-chief-collection-woes-with-new-beta-test/

But yeah, the media has been largely inert in its response. If a Call of Duty game was still unplayable 3 months after launch you'd never hear the end of it. IGN has no bollocks and is in MS' pocket so don't expect anything from them, even though they're the biggest gaming media outlet.

His opinion is meaningless as a "contributor" at Forbes. All sites made it known that MCC broken. There is no reason to reiterate this fact week after week. Most sites i see do, however, post articles about new patches coming out including the cancellation of the recent beta test. An article about a beta test for a patch that should fix problems for a game released >100 days prior is news enough to tell consumers a game is messed up. Word of mouth is enough at this point too.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i'd love to get in on this. x1 i assume? i tried VoG once, but had players quit out. i suppose i'm still virgin territory as i didnt get to go to completion ;)

Impala26

A lack of articles on the situation mostly means that *everyone* (used loosely) doesn't care. If it's not going to get them pageviews, they aren't going to bring it up again.

I think the surprising thing is just that--it's a shock to most of us here just how irrelevant the Halo franchise is to John Q Public.

I mean obviously it doesn't have the prominence it once had, but the fact that no one really seems to give a damn about the MCC is disheartening to say the least. In my opinion, launching MCC in the state it's in (and failing to properly fix it) is likely to hurt 343 with Halo 5 more than releasing nothing at all. If MCC isn't fixed to an acceptable state soon, it's going to kill all hype for Halo 5 just by association.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

MCC is a blast from the past, it's old news...it's old games that no one but us Halo fans...the core fans, even care about.

Come Halo 5, it will be all over the news. MCC was just a "treat" to the fans. Broken or not, it's not a relevant game.

willow ve

If MCC isn't fixed to an acceptable state soon, it's going to kill all hype for Halo 5 just by association.

The problem there is most people that want MCC fixed aren't in the same group that are rabidly waiting for Halo 5 to come out. In my mind fixing MCC isn't going to affect their sales of Halo 5 because they cater to vastly different audiences.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Xbox marketing has to be some of the dumbest people. I get an email from Xbox Live Rewards saying "exclusive offer just for you. $50 off Xbox One, plus a free game."

"It's time to take the next step. Get $50 off Xbox One. + Get one free game of your choice: Madden 15 (I already own), Titanfall (I already own), Battlefield 4 (I already own), and Call of Duty AW (I already own).

TTU VAPOR,

Don't wait. This xbox live rewards exclusive will expire on Feb 28, 2015. Make your move before it's too late!

Seriously? I know they probably send this out to everyone signed up for Xbox Live Rewards, but this is stupid.

All sites made it known that MCC broken. There is no reason to reiterate this fact week after week.

Usually, I'd agree with this. However, this is Microsoft's biggest exclusive franchise and the MCC was the pretext upon which many, many consumers made the decision to purchase their next gen console. Thousands of people have been defrauded out of their money (1-50 ranks in all playlists day one! Dedicated servers!). Of course the general press doesn't give a shit but the gaming press ought to be shaming MS on the daily for it. A prominent games website should be running a feature like "X days since the MCC hasn't worked" like "Interesting facts abou the number:

98!

- Number of days the Master Chief Collection's online multiplayer hasn't worked

- Windows 98 is the successor to Windows 95. Like its predecessor, it is a hybrid 16 bit/32-bit monolithic product with an MS-DOS based boot stage

- The atomic number of californium, an actinide

- +98, the code for international direct dial phone calls to Iran

- Power 98, a 1996 film starring Eric Roberts about a Los Angeles talk radio station.

Join us tomorrow when we'll be taking a look at the number ninety-nine!"

Like that until the game works.

MCC is a blast from the past, it's old news...it's old games that no one but us Halo fans...the core fans, even care about.

Come Halo 5, it will be all over the news. MCC was just a "treat" to the fans. Broken or not, it's not a relevant game.

I disagree. That's not really how MS treated it in the run up to its release. They devoted two keynote E3 conferences to the MCC:

2013 - Did the desert trailer with the promise of a Halo game in 2014 that was 60 frames per second on dedicated servers. That Halo game turned out to be the MCC.

2014 - MCC reveal. Dan Ayoub farting out all the flash and pizzazz.

Plus constant working of the press, an entire month of drip feed articles on IGN, promises of this and that. Halo 2 Anniversary its own multiplayer, with its own forge and theatre mode plus the Halo Championship Series built around it. I get what you're trying to say but MCC was a bigger deal than it seems now and it only seems irrelevant now because it's been treated so contemptuously post release. When so many things are wrong with it its clear they took their eye off the ball while working on Halo 5. I don't want to hear the outsourcing excuse, 343 are the executive producers and ultimately responsible for the product that hits the shelves.

Welfare

I wonder how the MCC version of the "Everything that happened after Duke Nukem Forever's announcement" would look like.

"What has happened in the world while the MCC has been broken?"

Tawpgun

They made rumble pit cross game (yay) but restricted the playlist to a max party size of 1, even though it isn't ranked. No going in there to piss around and trash talk your friends for giggles

Then they dumped a load of SMG/AR starts in there. In FFA. I've yet to see a Halo 3 BR start on the voting screen and I've played about ten matches in the list

file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php
file.php

Couple days ago I went into MCC with some friends in the Halo 3 playlist.

There was a Team BR's vote but it was on Snowbound or some shitty map idk. Another option was Multi Flag on The Pit.

So I was like "Yo vote multiflag on the Pit so we can have BR starts on The Pit."

And then they told me Multiflag was AR starts.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

AR starts.
In objective.
In the year two thousand and fifteen A.D.

RE: Vault of Glass runners, just send me a friend request and a message or something. I'll be on thursday, I think.

Impala26

Assuming this is on Xbox one, I'd love to go through VoG again on my 32...

RE: Vault of Glass runners, just send me a friend request and a message or something. I'll be on thursday, I think.

If we can set a weekend time that'd be way better for me.
I'm hoping Daedalius is the same way, but who knows?
If we can get Mix and possibly other Halo GAFers in there, it would make the experience exponentially better for someone like myself.

Haruko

an Australian player did an analysis of 10 HMCC matches and their network traffic:
http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2w9qt5/halo_the_mcc_network_analysis_of_10_games/

Inferences

• Halo: MCC requires very little upstream/downstream bandwidth.
  • Halo: MCC is using Australian Azure data centres (Yay!)
  • Player matching is based on connection to data centre (Explains AUS-NZ peers).
  • Privacy '$CLOSED' or missing doesn't indicate host selection.
  • Halo: MCC is probably using dedicated servers.
  • 10/10 matches were probably using dedicated servers.

If we can get Mix and possibly other Halo GAFers in there, it would make the experience exponentially better for someone like myself.
I'm am master at VoG. I got a lvl 31 Warlock and lvl 28 titan as of right now. I know Mix hasn't even attempted the raid yet, and I'm looking to get my boy some good shit.

It's hilarious that the MCC defaults the music in the CE campaign back to original all the time. I prefer it over new anyway, but still. Makes a playthrough with just the new music impossible.

I'm am master at VoG. I got a lvl 31 Warlock and lvl 28 titan as of right now. I know Mix hasn't even attempted the raid yet, and I'm looking to get my boy some good shit.

im also down for VoG runs if you guys need me. cleared it a bunch of times but it's always fun to run it with people who are new to it. just send me a message on gaf, or send me a friend request: pok3r fac3d

Xbox marketing has to be some of the dumbest people. I get an email from Xbox Live Rewards saying "exclusive offer just for you. $50 off Xbox One, plus a free game."

"It's time to take the next step. Get $50 off Xbox One. + Get one free game of your choice: Madden 15 (I already own), Titanfall (I already own), Battlefield 4 (I already own), and Call of Duty AW (I already own).

TTU VAPOR,

Don't wait. This xbox live rewards exclusive will expire on Feb 28, 2015. Make your move before it's too late!

Seriously? I know they probably send this out to everyone signed up for Xbox Live Rewards, but this is stupid.

Are you really complaining about an email blast?

Admodieus

I remember those times. Everyone being down on the game, Tashi being Tashi despite the salty sea of HaloGAF.

I thought HaloGAF was salty during the post Reach times. Hah. Ain't got nothing on post Halo 4/MCC.

This is the boy cried wolf syndrome of the Halo community. They have whined after every game about the changes made; now that there is an actual legitimate problem with the actual functionality of a product, the public and press don't care.

I never understood the hate each Halo game gets - I like each one for its own merits, and Reach is probably one of my favorites. But MCC is just a broken mess.

Leyasu

Banned
10 games is still an awfully small sample size, though I want to believe this one :p

I want to believe also... Because I'm definitely not playing anywhere near 100% of my games on dedicated servers.

It would be better if there was some transparency with the game. But because the whole thing is a steaming pile, it seems like they are trying to hide it.

I don't know, I still can't get my head around how they let this out of the door.

DJ Gunner

I want to believe also... Because I'm definitely not playing anywhere near 100% of my games on dedicated servers.

It would be better if there was some transparency with the game. But because the whole thing is a steaming pile, it seems like they are trying to hide it.

I don't know, I still can't get my head around how they let this out of the door.

$$$$$$$$$.

Tawpgun

This is the boy cried wolf syndrome of the Halo community. They have whined after every game about the changes made; now that there is an actual legitimate problem with the actual functionality of a product, the public and press don't care.

I never understood the hate each Halo game gets - I like each one for its own merits, and Reach is probably one of my favorites. But MCC is just a broken mess.

For many people in HaloGAF, at least those who were around the time when Reach launched, they attributed the fall of halo to Reach.

Reach's decisions alienated the community. MLG dropped Reach and competetive Halo was shattered. Community was divided on the bloom and AA's but the overall gaf consensus was fuck bloom and AA. BTB was a mess. Customs lasted for a bit but died out. Halo 4 was worse. MCC doesn't work.

Pretty warm reception to H5 beta tho so..... hope?

SaganIsGOAT

Was just pondering, but I think that we are going to see a visual upgrade to the "Rogue" covenant from Halo 4. If we are fighting besides the Arbiter I would imagine that the members of the Covenant fighting with him look more traditional so there needs to be some visual difference between the factions. I'm guessing Halo 4s Covenant are gonna get themselves some fancy upgrade to Forerunner gear. Think Brute upgrades from Halo 2 to 3 for an example of how drastic it will be in terms of armor, weapons and vehicles.

Or Halsey will help deck them out.

Top Bottom