• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Fuchsdh

Halo 4 didn't even have a snow level. That lava level in Spartan Ops would've been a cool aesthetic in campaign.

Halo 5 needs more diverse level aesthetics.

Sort of related, but the H2A graphics for "Uprising" and "High Charity" make it feel a whole lot like a more overcast version of The Covenant, which I'm fine with (although I miss the stars in the sky.)

Ever since people tried to convince me that Destiny would be revolutionary and challenge Halo in terms of quality GAF has become a non source for feedback about games. I remember being worried that the game would be repetitive since the Alpha/Beta was literally half the size of the full game and since the entire Earth area was basically the same quest over and over and over again. But then people just called me an Xbot. Good times.

Mistel

Banned
There was snow in a Spartan Ops Level, remember guys? Anyone remember?
Fortress(?) wasn't particularly great had some nice design with the centre building thing. Missions there always seemed to boltneck around a few points though didn't help that the time you actually played it was pretty much three very similar missions.

That helmet will be about $500, apparently.
Barely anyone who posted in the Halo 2 thread carried over to 3, and barely any people from 3 post here today, it's not really a great measure of anything.

I don't really consider the Halo 4 prelaunch hype comparable to 5. We had a public beta, for 3 weeks. I almost played more H5 beta matches than I did H4 release, I really don't think there's any honeymoon phase going on for me, the game was good.

I was big on taking a "wait and see/play it first" mentality with 4, since it was their first game, and a few of the people here had played it at PAX and enjoyed it, we're all wrong at some point. It's also harder to trash a game and give proper opinions when the dev team is inviting you to the studio and treating you to stuff.
Eh, it felt like a sizeable core carried from 3, to ODST to Reach, and the leadup to 4, kind of constantly growing as GAF and HaloGAF got bigger.

Glass

What? I get you what you want but Halo 4 takes place on a Forerunner planet for nearly the whole game and still has diverse environments.

Dawn and Composer are human ships/bases. Infinity is a jungle + human ship. Reclaimer is a desert for most of it. Requiem is a mix of rocky/grassy terrain + Forerunner. Midnight, Shutdown, and Forerunner are the three levels that are almost exclusively Forerunner.

Yeah, I appreciate they tried to keep it diverse. The levels you mentioned were my favourite. The Forerunner levels felt more of of a chore -the layouts were reused, you ended up running through the same architecture multiple times in the same level. Then you had the forerunner weapons which were more metal with orange light up bits. The enemies? More metal with light up bits.

I'm hyped for H5's campaign though.

Madness

Frankie is pretty small, though. pretty sure that dude is smaller than BSangel.

ikS5GPlfm63Q8.gif

BigBadToystore has preorder up, and they have sizes S, M, L, and I think XL listed.

Yeah that makes much more sense than a one size fits all giant one. The pictures say not final product though, so let's see what the final version is like.

Ramirez

That helmet will be about $500, apparently.

Eh, it felt like a sizeable core carried from 3, to ODST to Reach, and the leadup to 4, kind of constantly growing as GAF and HaloGAF got bigger.

I think you are mistaking the Tawp junior wave with the core of the Halo 3 GAF, go to any of those threads, hardly anyone in there posts here for the past few years.

I think you are mistaking the Tawp junior wave with the core of the Halo 3 GAF, go to any of those threads, hardly anyone in there posts here for the past few years.
I do remember those junior waves, but you know Omlet, Ghal, Metroid, Spudbud, vhfive, Bladed, etc, they were around for a good while.

I think I just have the H3 days burned into my brain. From 3 to Reach really just stick in my mind.

Aww man, ~B.B.
RIP.

I do remember those junior waves, but you know Omlet, Ghal, Metroid, Spudbud, vhfive, Bladed, etc, they were around for a good while.

I think I just have the H3 days burned into my brain. From 3 to Reach really just stick in my mind.

Aww man, ~B.B.
RIP.

I found out about Neogaf During the H4 "try and play" lying debacle. I joined, but could only lurk until recently.

Edit:

It worked that one time

2590223-8539926026-23463.jpg

Thank you, that is now my background at work <3

Wasp

I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on Halo 2 level Delta Halo on Legendary in local co-op, was finally almost near the end when the game froze and reset to dashboard so we lost all progress in the level (because there's no checkpoint saves in co-op). This is the third goddamn time this has happened on this level alone.

Microsoft should suspend development on Halo 5, delay it to 2016, and spend all resources into fixing TMMC as a priority.
So I stated playing the ironically titled level Regret today on splitscreen co-op on Legendary. Played for about an hour, pretty close to completing the level and guess what happens? Yep, game freezes yet again and we lose all progress yet again.

I'm almost ready to snap the disc in half.

This game is more broken than Assassin's Creed Unity. More broken than DriveClub. More broken than DRIV3R. More broken than Angel of Darkness.

The worst bit is I won't even get a free copy of ODST as Microsoft refuse to acknowledge that the game is broken after 20th December 2014. At least Ubisoft patched their defective product relatively quickly.

Ramirez

I looked at that picture a good 30 seconds before I noticed the MC was in it, LOL.

Continuing the theme of live action Halo commercials, not that big of a stretch is it?

I can already see the commercial now.

Chief gets knocked on his ass, Locke strides up for the killing blow, sees the memorial, has a mini crisis of conscience, then cut to Halo 5: Guardians title. RATED M FOR MATURE ONLY ON XBOX ONE NOW STARTING AT $349.

-Ryn

Banned
What? I get you what you want but Halo 4 takes place on a Forerunner planet for nearly the whole game and still has diverse environments.

Dawn and Composer are human ships/bases. Infinity is a jungle + human ship. Reclaimer is a desert for most of it. Requiem is a mix of rocky/grassy terrain + Forerunner. Midnight, Shutdown, and Forerunner are the three levels that are almost exclusively Forerunner.
Halo 4's forerunner architecture all kinda blends together for me.

There were a couple gorgeous pieces like when you first leave the wreckage of the SoF and... um... their lovely interior decorations?

It wasn't bad but it was all that varied. The environments around it were a bit better though certainly.

Probably a fake. Most definitely a fake. But too cool not to share.
Looks pretty real for a fake. MC is probably just napping.

Call me butter, cause I'm on a roll.
Smooth

lol

Clearly, what 343i desperately needs is more blue and orange.

So pretty

Top Bottom